I took the last 3 hours and wrote a sticky for Veeky Forums

I took the last 3 hours and wrote a sticky for Veeky Forums

docs.google.com/document/d/1oHjHI7EpQD0QZ0Hyx7wu9k-nvpjS_G98RU_u9DHW0IA/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1oHjHI7EpQD0QZ0Hyx7wu9k-nvpjS_G98RU_u9DHW0IA/edit?usp=sharing
youtube.com/watch?v=SwkjqGd8NC4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It covers the following questions:
>Q: I want to get into sales, or just got started in sales, can I get some basics?

>Q: I want to get into stocks can you give me the basics?

>Q: I want to get into real estate can you give me some tips?

>Q: Should I buy or should I rent?

>Q: What are some good general business books to read?

>Q: I want to start a business where do I begin?

>Q: I’ve got a great idea for a product/service, what now?

>Q: I’m choosing a degree (or trade route) how do I know what to choose?

>Q: Are there good ways to make money online?

>Q: What is passive income, how do I get it?

>Q: Are there good side hustles?

>Q: Do MLM’s ever work?

>Q: Hey Veeky Forums how do I get rich?

>Are there good ways to make money online?
Need poker here

Bump

looks like shit

kill yourself

When will it be open for editing? The grammar mistakes every 3 sentences are fucking killing me.

Kill yourself, faggot.

Good job, this shit is long overdue

Wow you haven't even read it you complete fucking shit faggot fuck shitheads

what the fuck is this

font 12 calibri

kys

feel free to add it

My best suggestion would be to copy and paste it into a new Google doc, and make the changes you wanna see.

But why you mad though?

It's the weekend, there are more autists on this board than usual. Don't mind them, OP. I think you did a great job!

Can anybody suggest me some great books on business?

Not mad, just giving you constructive criticism

Thx buddy.

I hope the document is a starting point, it needs more info, and it needs that image of the business books.

So maybe after a few anons revise it over the next few weeks and it's rock solid, a mod can go ahead and make it into a sticky, like Veeky Forums has.

good shit OP

Good post OP. However....a lot of the stuff there only apply to USA.Like starting a firm in my country aka Romania takes weeks and costs a lot of time and money.

Thanks for this, user. If mods don't sticky, they're cum guzzling homos.

moar

Thx op, looks good

Loved your text about sales and door to door OP!

>"The money game is a dog fight from the moment you are born to the moment you are dead"

you should post more of this fine pussy, senpai

>If you liked this guide and want to donate a dollar or two, my paypal is [email protected]. I intend to direct all the money towards bizanons that are struggling, and not spend a dime of it. But that decision is totally up to you.

lmao fuck off OP

OP, i would honestly like to thank you. i am in high school and the sales section is very useful for me. .thnak you agian, there has never been a biz sticky so when i go on this website its all about stocks bitcoin and forex trading.

What's wrong with Calibri? Fucking fight me faggot

Thanks for writing this, although it should be open to suggestions through docs. Get rid of the paypal, mods might ban you for soliciting.

This.

OP some of this is okay, some of this is downright terrible. The book section is terrible. The starting a business section is cringeworthy and terrible. The MLM section needs to make it clear that MLM is retarded 100% of the time without exception.

I'll re-write this shit. We can't let this sticky be terrible scam tier advice.

This won't be a sticky, because you use "I" and talk about yourself. Just keep to the question and pretend you don't exist. Also, why are you trying to scam people by asking them to donate to you?

>My best suggestion would be to copy and paste it into a new Google doc, and make the changes you wanna see.
Isn't there an intermediate setting between "Anyone can edit" and "Only the creator can edit" that allows other people to "suggest changes"? Just activate that, let people make suggestions, and accept or decline the suggestions.

I'm going to open it up for public editing.

As for donations, meh delete it if you want.

As for the criticism, some is warranted. But that how to start a business one, That's the guide I used for my business, 2 family members used and 3 friends used. All of us are at over $100k a year.

It's open for editing now.

The weak areas, and grammar mistakes can definitely be fixed.

Also there were a couple common questions I did not address like:

>Q: I want to get into web development or web coding, can I get a job doing this and how do I get started?

Originally I was going to straight up ask for money. A sticky had been talked about for ages, but I did take the time to write and upload it. A few bucks never hurt anyone.

Then as I was putting it up decided it would be cool if people donated to it, and then when the money was there it could be redirected toward biz in some way. Like bizanons that are having issues or need to get an idea off the ground.

Bump for sticky.

even if this 404s, just keep posting it.

I am editing the business starting section for two reasons:

1) The business in your example is very specific to your business but does not apply to everyone. Your opening sentence "The ultimate evolution of a salesman is to start a company" only applies to salesman. For this sticky maybe the information should be more general. For instance, if you are running a lean startup do you REALLY need business cards for your online store?

2) In my opinion, rarely do people come to Veeky Forums asking "How do I LLC?" Usually they start an LLC, print off a thousand business cards that say "CEO and Founder", print custom brand t-shirts before they even start their actual business. And all three of those steps can be completely 100% unnecessary depending on your business. I added a link to a video course that explains technical details like this.

It is a big question. I tried to put the information the type of person asking that question needs to know. The sales section is great, btw, awesome work. I think we can make this the best fucking sticky on Veeky Forums. We need to force the mods to enact this.

Fair criticism. My business and all my friends businesses are in-person businesses. With the exception of I do have one friend with a web-design company.

So I see your point that a strictly online business will have different requirements and strategies to build it.

Edited, formated it to look decent.
- Aaron Toth

Thx buddy it looks much better

Read what you wrote. It's technically sound and I mostly agree.

I think my only criticism would be that you make it seem like it's hell to start a business. Mine went pretty smoothly as did most of my friends that were entrepreneurs. But to be fair we started businesses that don't require a building (which is much much simpler). Brick and mortar is where the pain is.

My only friend that went through what you are describing opened a restaurant and worked his ass off so he could crack about $40k a year. Lesson learned.

Personally in my industry I'm putting in less work than I ever have, and making a great living. My web dev friend is charging $65 an hour for his work, get calls at home, his life is going pretty comfortably as well.

I also would have left the info on forming an LLC, getting a TaxID, and getting a business bank account. It seems simple, but a lot of people just don't know this what you have to do. There's a chain of billboards in my city "Lawyer will form an LLC for you! Just $300!". So here's a lawyer making $250 on people for going online for 1 hour and filling out some paperwork. So IMO people don't know how simple forming an LLC is.

But again in many ways I agree, and the technical info is really sound. Especially for people trying to form a "new" idea. Fuck that. Just do what other people have done and make bank.

This is worth keeping open, but I'm just going to second everyone else's suggestion - open it up for editing. This is Veeky Forums, not /b/, people aren't going to spam it up the moment you make it available.

It's open to the public. Edit away.

bump

Added some things about value investing

To the guy that just deleted the entire guide while I was midway through reading it. Go fuck yourself.

>Veeky Forums sticky
>contains no information about crypto

kys op.

OP here.

The original was edited for format and grammar, which looked great, it looked much better. Although I liked the original highlighting.

Then the Start a Business section was completely rewritten. I mostly agreed with the rewrite but the tone was a bit gloomy.

Then the entire thing was deleted and the my original was put back up.

Checked it today and it was entirely deleted.

SO. I can put the original back up and lock it. What do you guys want me to do?

this

/thread

The guide was just to get the ball rolling. I'd say it was 70% of where it needed to be. It was lacking in:

> information on crypto
> information on stocks/funds
> information on web development, web coding, and computer coding careers

With a little help I think it could have been a great sticky.

I know a lot about sales, and could have elaborated more. I wish that Timeshare guy would also contribute.

just lock it

>I can put the original back up and lock it.
This. Have people add their suggestions in the thread.

can you send the link to the original version? faggots here deleted it and sucked black cock on a regular basis. thx.

>What do you guys want me to do?
KYS or make it all about crypto

What's there to tell?

You buy it low and then try to sell it at a higher price. Or you can trade the markets on emerging crypto coins and try to make a little money each day.

But it's something I know nothing about. So fuck off.

nice work dude!

>comic sans

DISCARDED

Change the font

I actually like Comic Sans, so you can also fuck off.

Isn't there a suggest mode on Google Docs?

if it's something you know nothing about then what BUSINESS do you have writing the FUCKING STICKY you cunt!

Sorry things aren't going well for you.

What's your paypal? I'll send you 5 dollars.

Nice.

Flipping houses is far from noob tier so u may wanna just axe it. Rehabbing or fixing up houses can get out of havd teally fucking quick. I know ex contractors that still fuck up on occasion.

You want rental real estate for long term gains.

If you absolutly have to be a flipper in america u need to hold that property for 1 year and 1 day after close or get tax rape at 30%. If u hold over 1 year uncle sam considers u an investor and not a fly by night flipper.

Also, considering getting my liscense just for access to the mlm. And you van do deals without an agent potentially saving like 6% per deal just for taking a test. Would also get the best deals and have part time income.

Fucking nights and weekends always tho. Hours would suck dix.

I agree. House flipping is a dangerous game.

I can't even tell you how many fools I have seen buy a dump, thinking they could slap some paint on the walls and sell it. Then they are totes fucked.

I'll rewrite that part later.

I see that the guide needs a portion on crypto

Do you want me to write on up?

t. Crypto user for 4 years

Yes, do it. Why do you even ask?

Want to know if it was worth the time.

Kinda of glossed over the public edit portion.

I'll type one up via google and post it on here, I'll try to keep it relatively small unless people want a lot of detail.

Yes. Absolutely.

If you write it, my email is [email protected].

I'll post it right into the document.

BRB deleting file
Kys op

Is there a kneepad section

Just trading or full range from earning to mining to trading?

Lots of detail or relatively simple?

Just gonna need that to make sure I don't write an essay if I shouldn't

Ling overdue so bump

I'd say 2 to 3 short paragraphs, enough that an user understands crypto, how to get it, how to mine it, how to trade it.

For the full truth on everything, and specific questions, they would need to hit the boards.

Sound good?

Same guy, on different computer right now, not sure if ID will carry through

That's fine, I should have it done tonight or tomorrow.

No rush man, it's charity.

While I applaud the intent,

>If you do your research these can be a good buy.
Stock picking is a meme. A meme so dead and shitty that not even Veeky Forums should allow it in its sticky.

Watch this. If you can't make it to the end you shouldn't be stock picking. If you make it to the end you'll know better than trying.
youtube.com/watch?v=SwkjqGd8NC4

But I'm winning though. Don't take people away from my game.

It's not even funny. Why did you post this shit? Investing is not a game. Separate your manchild urges from your financial needs, cumwaste.

You wasted three hours.

I made 30% this year.

but I do admit, 2016 was bull as fuck.

I disagree. If stockpicking is gambling, then lets compare a professional trader to a professional gambler. A professional gambler uses various methods, such as counting cards, to affect the odds of the game. If he changes the odds to 51:49 then after enough time he should have a net increase. Traders can look at the history of a company and the stock to determine what that sort of chance is, then decide whether or not to take it. There are two big differences between a trader and a gambler though. A gambler bets on one game. A stock trader, after deciding what the odds are, can gamble on many games. Additionally, a gambler that loses loses all of their money. When a stock trader loses, they only lose a portion of the stocks value, and, if they hold on there is the potential to recoup their losses. If someone can make a living gambling professionally, and there are those who do, and do it reliably, then presumably a professional trader can too, with all his advantages.

OP you seriously don't have any archives from the edited editions?

My hs econ teacher told me you'll lose in the long run tho unless you're Warren Buffet. You're not Warren Buffet REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Thanks?

> in the long run tho unless you're Warren Buffet.

dude if you put money in the S&P500 you will average about 10% a year.

yo fuck you and your romanian bullshit. usa only here mother fucker

nuthin but a liability , CJ

Jesus how mad can you get?

I kinda wanted it to take on a life of it's own, then some anons ruined it.

I liked what the start a business guy said, and the commentary on MLM's. If someone has a copy, I'll add their writing back into the document.

But no I don't have any copies beyond what I originally wrote.

not him but [email protected]
i didnt eat today :"(