Why are there no good cars?

Why is it that there are literally no good cars available? People shill cars like the Mazda3 or Golf GTI but then you look into it and it really is just like trying to polish a turd. Who cares if the "steering" feels good or if it has some meme differential in the front that helps with handling? It's still some FWD economy piece of shit.

So you look into the next level: Golf Rs, WRXs, Type Rs, etc... and then you're forced to deal with the inevitable realization that you're paying $35k-$40k for a fucking high stressed 4 banger that just tries to be fast but isn't

Now you're looking into the first reasonable batch of cars since you've started the journey: BMW 1 or 2 series. You look at the M235. It looks nice. N55 RWD Coupe? Only $30-$35k pre-owned? Not a bad deal, but you're buying a car that is unreliable as it is brand new and are going to be forced to drive it into the ground since no one in their right mind is going to buy a fucking M BMW when its close to 100k miles. Even with that in mind, you are seriously beginning to consider it. Then you realize you might want the X-Drive. Now you're looking at $38k. Then you realize that the Audi RS3 exists and it's literally the perfect fucking car but it retails for $55k. Then you realize its brand fucking new so there are no used or pre-owned on the market.

Now you're at the end of the fucking road, unhappy with literally every car on the market, and are forced to reconcile with the fact that the Prius is unironically the perfect fit for what you need. Fuck I hate you all

>why are good things expensive

to keep cumrag mushrooms such as yourself from having nice things

Enjoy cheap fun cars

Ummm you're talking about new cars sweetie. You're supposed to buy a used car if you want a nice one

this

I felt the same for a while. Then I realized I hate the aesthetics of most cars on the market anyway. All I needed was something that let me commute, go camping, and be fun to drive. I wound up going for a new cargo van and will never buy a car again.

It's kind of great having everyone else on the highway get the fuck out of my way instead of ride my ass, and if I work late I can just sleep on the bed I have in the back.

>Then you realize that the Audi RS3 exists and it's literally the perfect fucking car but it retails for $55k
It's literally a Golf/Jetta with an extra cylinder and a turbo with FWD-biased """"""""AWD"""""""" tacked on, doesn't sound perfect to me.

>Then you realize that the Audi RS3 exists and it's literally the perfect fucking car
Stop posting immediately

What you're saying is that there ARE good cars available. It's just that you can't afford them.

MAKE.

MORE.

MONEY.

Or just get a cheap car in a manual with one of those 4 bangers that you lament. It is ALWAYS more fun to drive a slow car fast than to drive a fast car slow. You think going fast on a straight away is fun? Just focus on the driving experience.

>Wahhh why doesn't any house fit all of my criteria? All I want is a pool, a big back yard, a view, beach access, good job opportunities nearby, good local school, and walkable parks and restaurants. BTW my budget is $180k

Nice things in this life come with a price.

>New
>Good
>Cheap
Choose two.

That is literally what I do now. I've been dailying my cargo van and I absolutely love it. The thing is though I wont be allowed to park it in the street any longer (liberals) so I have to get a car that I can fit in my garage. I am pretty much restricted to it being shorter than 177 inches and less than 71 inches in width

Nd

That's some bullshit on the parking, but I hear you. I'm in northern california so parking is a rarity, but I live next to a fire department and used to volunteer there so they let me park in their visitor lot at night if my complex is full. And I managed to convince my office to let me chill in their lot overnight if I have to work that late.

Now that I think about it any commercial-looking vehicle could probably get away with parking at any business lot overnight. Maybe print up some stickers for a local business, slap it on and pretend you belong there if you got a spot near you?

>Nice things in this life come with a price.

B-but what about the next life?

>Type R isn't fast even tho it set lap times

>It is ALWAYS more fun to drive a slow car fast than to drive a fast car slow

I think that you're so depressed now, you should KYS, OP.

At least post the better version

>implying he isn't right
im 100% sure some chump driving a tesla to and from work is having much less fun than your average beaner in a 5mt civic

>being this retarded

There are still good fucking cars nowadays. You just keep worrying so much about cash.

I dont know if you knew but even back in the 80's and 90's currently "cheap fun shitboxes" were not quite exactly cheap.

AE86s, civics, miatas, Ford Ks, etc.

Every single old "fun car" was expensive when brand new. This isn't a new thing. This is how the car economy works. Even a lightweight shitbox is expensive when new.

Why do you think that teenages making old muscle cars fast usually used cars from 5 or more years old? Back in the 50's the most famous car to modify were hot rods from 10 or more years ago.

>used cars
>not realizing your just buying up other people's problems

if a used car is good it wouldn't be sold

There are many reasons why you are wrong.

I think the Tesla guy is probably having quite a bit of fun smoking everyone off the line at stop lights.

Holy shit, this thread is cancer. If you don't like hatch backs, dont get a GTI, if you cant drive, dont get FWD. Theres nothing bad FWD hot hatches. The WRX is just a meme. So is the Civic. I think you are just a pussy who wants EVERYTHING in a car and it only to cost $10k...

Hey OP.. Learn how to drive, and FWD wouldnt be a problem. I guarantee Mazda 3 or GTI have more than enough power for you, if not, tune that bitch. FWD isn't some fucking cursed thing. Veeky Forums is just stupid and sucks at driving, like you.

>FWD isn't some fucking cursed thing.
This

I dont mind benchracers shitting on FWD for bullshit reasons but it becomes a problem when stupid idiots like OP assume that FWD car actually becomes a bad car.

Yeh, but no one is racing, since traffic is backed the fuck up because of rush hour. Mr. Tesla can hammer just as hard as he likes, but the guy in the minivan next to him will just think he's a bit of a moron, since he has to pound the brakes half a second later to avoid hitting the car in front of him.

Yes Mazda 3 is terrible. That's why I throw acid on them

he's right though. pushing your car to its limits is way more fun than having a car that you can just change down from 6th to 5th, plant it, and suddenly you're doing 100mp/h.

>high stressed 4 banger that just tries to be fast but isn't
that's why you get one that is fast, like an evo or a polestar

> 100 miles per per hour.

Jesus

You've just been spending too much time on Veeky Forums, where these faggots have nothing better to do than argue about things they have literally only seen through a screen. There are plenty of amazing cars, both new and used, people on here just think that they are professional drivers who will actually notice or care about any minor drawback that is inevitably present in any car.

not correct.

Dad bought used at about 1/3rd of the price on ebay because the owner had to get rid of it for a family van

>I think the Tesla guy is probably having quite a bit of fun smoking
ftfy

I knew a guy who bought an NSX new off the lot in 1994 and had it until he traded it in for an RS5 last year. Car didn't have any problems, he just decided it was time for a change.

Excatly. 99% of the pretenders on Veeky Forums would shit themselves and chicken out long before even a modest car reached it's limits. Nothing but bench racers and dreamers on Veeky Forums. They own junk cars and are angry that nicer ones exist but they will never, in their lives, be in a position to own them. So they hate. It is all they can do in their impotent rage.

>Nothing but bench racers and dreamers on Veeky Forums
Could you dial down the bitter, angry rhetoric a bit?
It must suck to drive or ride whatever you do, but you don't have to drag everyone here through your bullshit.

You're like the guy on Veeky Forums who posts "No one here has any money. Now prove me wrong!"

>projecting

The guy is fucking right. There are benchracers on Veeky Forums and you just proved that you are one.

>Nothing but bench racers
>There are benchracers
Not the same statement, dumbfuck.

Try again.

>cumrag mushrooms
Nice expression

What kind of high grade autism do you have right now?

I have the kind you go fuck yourself with.
Interested?

wow nice reply dude just watch the edge. Dont cut yourself.

All your wildest dreams just came true. Pic related.

Or all your wildest dreams involve naked homosexual buttsex with hairy men.

They have never driven the perfect car.

That's just your opinion, OP. There's many great cars out there, of course nothing is perfect and you have to make compromises.

>go fuck yourself
>edgy

pick one