Anyone here get into subwoofers and amps for car audio?

Anyone here get into subwoofers and amps for car audio?

I have 2 Rockford Fosgate P3 12 inch 600 watt rms subs with a Rockford Fosgate Prime 1200 watt rms D class one channel amp

Subs are wired up to a one ohm load

nothing in my current car but i've had a few different setup in my old cars
been shopping around and planning to get a couple 10s and about 1000 watts for them, lately been considering a couple PSI platform 1 10s and a DC Audio 1.2k

>Anyone here get into subwoofers and amps for car audio?
The new GM car came with a subwoofer and external amplifiers for the premium sound system package. It sounds great.

>1 ohm
Enjoy your dead subs, retard.

>dead subs

How?

Lower ohms create more heat. If he's got his subs in a vented box, MAYBE he can squeeze a year or two out of them before the heat destroys them. If it's in a sealed box, at that power, with a 1 ohm load, they're probably already on their way out.

No, because I'm not a nigger

It don't thump and it drones a little but its all that'll fit so I'm happy with it

No, but you are a retard.

Those under the seat subs from Rockville are actually quite nice. Their other stuff is overheating trash, but those subs are quite nice.

If it is droning, try lowering gains a touch, and make sure you are not getting any interference from ground/power source.

I have a kenwood kac 81050 d
good for 500 watts at 4 ohm
but seems to have a bad reputation stemming from ppl running it at 2 ohm

and a Sony XS-LB12S
kind of ehh

oops 300 watt 4 ohm
500 watt 2 ohm

I made sure I ran the audio cables on the opposite side from the power cable so unless what's in the picture is too close then it should be good, I'll try lowering the gain, I had a friend do that part since I know nothing about audio other than hooking it to the radio and battery

My stereo.

>hearing niggers and 18 year old white kids blasting nigger rap while their windows are closed and I'm inside my house with the A.C. on
Do these faggots even realize they're already deaf? Can't wait for them to hear a constant eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee in their fucking ears for being so God damn dumb

treble is worse for hearing loss
bass takes allot more spl to do anything
fun part is the people who pulverise their liver with too much bass

Hey
this is
I don't listen to nigger music at all. None. What I do listen to is grunge and classic rock, especially original pressings or MFSL disc's, Bach, Beethoven, Strauss, Handel, and the occasional George Strait or Hank Williams Jr. I also listen to a lot of AM talk radio.

Because I actually listen to *music*, I wanted a very nice stereo in my car. Yes, that did indeed entail a subwoofer, but it's a single 8" JL Audio 8W6 in a Thiele-Small aligned acoustic suspension enclosure for maximum accuracy in the bottom octave. Sorry, you can't play Toccata and Fugue in D minor without a sub. It just ain't happening.

So no, don't lump all of us in with the fucking niggers and wiggers that destroy their cars and their hearing at the same time, listening to utter shit while waking the fucking neighborhood.

Mine are in a vented box. Is there a way to wire them to a lighter load?

Series instead of parallel. The amp will be a lot more efficient that way as well, lessening the load on the charging system.

As an added bonus, with a higher impedance load, the THD of the amp goes down, the damping factor goes up, and the BL of the subwoofer system goes up. A higher damping factor and higher BL means that means that the amp can control the cones more, and thus accuracy is increased.

>tfw I listen to polka
dem contrabass and harmonika bwapps
got some components to deal with alphorn and hammered dulcimer too

You ever been to a Polka? You can't help but to love it. Nothing is quite so fun as a whole bunch of drunk happy people dancing and having a good time.

In heaven there is no beer, that's why we drink it here. But when we're gone from here, all our friends will be drinking all our beer!

I've brought a beat up old amp 2nd hand to run my 30 year old parcel shelf speakers

Is it as simple as running a power feed and a couple of RCA cables to the amp?

Should I also wire my front door speakers into it?

I got it because my parcel shelf speakers only work when I turn the fader all the way to the rear, so I assume my HU can't power them

The original amp in my car blew so I replaced that and the head unit. Now I'm getting terrible infeterence and engine noise through the speakers. The power wire going to the head unit is a cheap thin POS from the install kit. What I'm wondering is if a bigger wire that's higher quality will fix this issue? If not, what's the next thing to try?

Thanks

>all that PPI goodness

i had a PPI art series back in the day, got stolen sadly

just the sound is enough
the gatherings seem to have such an atmosphere

I've only been to jigs and reels
and something like a faroese dance but in a chain of linked figure 8s (Cèilidh iirc)
fun but confusing and exhausting

btw try out the 1812 overture
tchaikovsky in phase four pfsm 34044
>authentic cannon hours
>record player can't deal

they'll be fine unless you let them distort all to hell

and as an added bonus he just cut the power almost in half

>Amplifier are for blasting subwoofers
You're one grade-A dipshit.

Some truth to these posts but your way over exaggerating. Many people run 1ohm. I have 2 cars running half ohm with no major issues. Main thing is you need to keep voltage to the amp above 12v

how bout bridge tied load on a two channel a/b class amp ?
seems to work well on dual reflex bandpass enclosure

0utsider thread