Fighting Games General /fgg/

pastebin.com/rPVC94ez

Other urls found in this thread:

smash.gg/tournament/gwinnett-brawl-may-2017
youtube.com/watch?v=XzMqAUZqWSI
youtube.com/watch?v=0uN8Kaq1DiU
youtu.be/Wm_Rf4ZMZVs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Remember to have fun and play games you enjoy!

>smash and arcsys locals but no capcom

where is this?

>PS+ subscription ran out
>Can't earn or spend fight money in SFV without PS+
That's fucking dumb, it's the only game you need PS+ just to buy the fucking DLC. And with all japanese games being on PC now I'm just going to sell this piece of shit PS4 and get Rev2 and Tekken on PC instead.

Fucking Atlanta. Only SF I've found is at a game lounge type thing with a cover charge.

thanks for the games guys

Which female characters in Tekken 7 are good for beginners to 3D fighters (I'm fine in 2D fighters)

>pc

all of them are pretty easy. straight up.

i cant be bothered doing training mode but sfv is shit what do i play

>i cant be bothered doing training mode
Play Smash

Ggs man.

Katarina is made to be beginner friendly so give her a shot.

You could play Pokken because it's easier than SF5 and its training mode is garbage.

>What the big differences between r# and xrd jam?

I don't know why this post was deleted but alright.

So like there's a bunch of differences really. There are some really obvious major ones though that start to make her more like AC and more like a new character. First of all, she has AC airdash, which means her airdash height is higher than it was in #R, which makes IAD pressure impossible. In addition to this, her 6K has less hitstun so you can't 6K IAD j.P even on taller characters. 6K forces stand so this was a really good tool. The two of these combined makes her pressure game much weaker, much less scarier, her conversions are worse, her mixup is worse because this could force into a left/right crossup mixup via IAD burnkick/DP, etc. 2D also doesn't pop up as high, so using it as a launcher against light characters in combination with her shittier airdash is much harder if not outright impossible. These changes combined make it so that Jam is closer to her AC counterpart in that she cannot convert without resources or getting the proper hits, which very much hinders her damage output because now it's not just landing -A- hit, you need to land the right hit or spend the meter to make your hit not suck.

In Rev 2, IAD burnkick was nerfed so that it doesn't cross up anymore so that's fucking garbage. Xrd IAD DP has fuckall for hitstun so it doesn't convert into damage unless the opponent is crouching, which they would never fucking do if you're IAD'ing at them, so you're never going to convert off of IAD DP unless you charge a card, so that's effectively a tool lost. I say it's effectively a tool lost, because you're NEVER going to charge a card for DP because you NEED to charge a card for burnkick, because card powered burnkick allows you to extend combos and actually get damage and also gives you knockdowns, which Jam needs now, because her mixup is so shit that she needs to get the knockdown to do mixups because she lost all of them.

>Can't jump in on Kolin or get countered
>Can't jump in on Ed because of million year reaction time psycho rising inputs followed by free juggle damage
>Abigail going to be so big dick huge you literally can't jump over him

Seems like to season 2 DLC character motif is finding a way to nerf jump ins as hard as possible.

is tekken typically played with a stick or pad?

Either or works just fine.

I'd be really surprised if there isn't an Atlanta weekly. I know Gwinnett Brawl Monthly is a thing. Gets 200+ overall and 30+ for Jive

>smash.gg/tournament/gwinnett-brawl-may-2017

Stick

youtube.com/watch?v=XzMqAUZqWSI

>2010
When was the last time the FGC was this freaking hype after a game was revealed? It seems like moments like these never happen anymore. Too bad the game ended up being shit. But that reaction was amazing.

ggs i love you

since it's a 4 button game and return to neutral is important, it's pretty suitable for pad. you can bind some macros to shoulder buttons if you need to as well. stick is also good of course.

Why do you say that as if it's a bad thing? Jump-in Fighter V sucked

jab jab jump jab jump jab jump jab jump jab FLASH jab FLAS jab jab jump jump FLASH

have you played against any rev jams?
she literally has an infinite blockstring now you need to fd to get out of.
her damage isn't high but its not abnormally low like it was earlier

SFxT had incredible marketing, that's all it did well. All the trailers were hype as fuck and the roster was fantastic. Wasted potential.

wow CF is actually 50GBs

High skill right here.

my pc isnt picking up my joystick on my fightstick anymore, whats wrong anons? pls help

>she literally has an infinite blockstring now you

They removed in Xrd that and even then it wasn't really infinite, just a hassle to figure och when to strike

>It isn't a true blockstring so you can throw her, blitz her, DP, or just green guard her out super easily. It is super gimmicky, though 6K does cancel into some interesting options that might make it slightly more 'legit' at the cost of less reps.

youtube.com/watch?v=0uN8Kaq1DiU

You're playing SFV

I never implied that, I'm just pointing out that jump-ins are getting canned with the new characters and balance changes.

Play harley, post harley.

>boot up SFV after ragequitting like a month ago when I was playing while drunk
>see this

I feel ashamed and disgusted with myself. I never even played her.

Tekken 7 isnt out
Rev 2 isnt out

pls help

Wait it wasn't even removed I think.

>she literally has an infinite blockstring now you need to fd to get out of.
That got nerfed and also who gives a shit all you're doing is racking up RISC but you don't have any mixup. It still doesn't change the fact that all her tools got butchered and she needs to build resources to do fucking anything. When she has resources she can do plenty of damage, not as much as AC but more than #Reload, but damage isn't the problem.

Also, if you're going to argue with me about all of this let me go ahead and frame my argument for you. I'm not saying Rev 2 Jam is shit. Rev 1 Jam definitely was and even after the patch she was still bad. The jury is still out for Rev 2 Jam, some people are saying she's fine now competitively, and maybe she is. I'm framing my comparison on the design of Jam in Xrd is gimped and not fun, and even if she's viable I don't want to play this version of Jam because almost everything she has is situational and you need to babysit her just about because she's like AC where actually being able to do shit is a chore. You can't just play her, you need to build up all this shit, and then once you do you can finally do shit, but it's not as good as what other characters can do and she's not as oppressive and she doesn't have the mixup as other characters and she doesn't get the AC damage she used to so the reward for all of this shit isn't even as good and in general why the fuck would I play this character when I can play someone else who does all of this shit better?

>Bought Kolin's nostalgia costume
>Tried to main her
>Too brainlet for high iq counter characters
>Never play her again
>Continue to main Bungarog

she lost the gatling in rev2. so yes, it's gone.

Cool. I'm just getting into Guilty Gear and there are a lot of Jam players here discussing Jam!

But all I ever hear is that she is weak in this game.

Hey guys, I've been thinking... Jam is my waifu, but... Eddie is- I'm autistic. I always like these type of characters. Any Eddie players here? I might try him over Jam. MAYBE.

His name is Zato-1 now
And don't worry, Ogawa is autistic too

Nice harley.

shut the fuck up goober

Got dammit. Why did they have to choose #R Millia. I really loved how fucking sick she was in AC. Those flying Ds made my dick rock hard. Now all she does is stupid Pin/Haircopter trash.

Ed looks so fucking gay and I hate boxer. When's the next DLC character? in 3-4 months?

Not even 20 Gigs on PS4 desu

Good news, haircopter is literally gone, they replaced j.H entirely, so she can't do it anymore.

Ed has some pretty good colors

jam is stupid and annoying

Dusky you should add me, Aeolus, so we can play sets later, I literally don't know the FANG matchup at all, I need to learn it bad

anons pls

What is Marlin Pie?

>mfw seeing "Zato-1's" pressure game for the first time
Shit is so satisfying. It's literally my style. Just a barrage of shit forcing niggas to submit.

rev2 jam is buff
zato is always busted he meshes too well with the new rc system

someone edit this into takamaki

fuck force break disc and fuck you for liking it

This. Or a junko enoshima.

why do smash people always throw their controllers when they get mad?

Where do you even start to learn Zato/Eddie? Any youtube channels dedicated to Zato tech/combos? I would go to Dustloop, but that place is always dead as fuck, literally month go by without a single post in character forums, so 99% of the time shit is outdated as fuck. Not to mention I hate those egotistic fucks.

>tfw you are literally too intelligent to make correct decisions

Same thing happened to me last month. I can't remember specifically but there's a config file that holds button mappings. Delete it and next time you boot it up it'll rebuild the file. Fixed it for me. Try appdata

sfv makes me want to end my life

Unfortunately information hubs don't exist anymore and the only good way to learn is watch match and follow top players on twitter. Xrd has a discord server for each character but the quality of the discussion depends on the character, Zato should be decent since he doesn't attract waifufags or shitters tough

Why not play another game?

>Capcom is slowly burning to ashes with their esports shitheap SFV
>More people are finding enlightenment via Xrd Rev 2

Finally I can rest in peace knowing Capcom will be dead shortly after my death

I miss old Jam desu, I wasn't great at GG before or anything but in Xrd they made her so boring to play.

why are people saying you can't play ed with a pad? Is this some fucking meme I'm missing out on?

>ed Kilgore
The sf and KI crossover we need?

you watch ogawa, cross, tights, and top garen, and do what they do. that is assuming you know the control scheme and how he generally works. if you need to learn that, then there's some youtube stuff on tips and tricks to controlling eddie and moving around with both on screen.

I want T3 Xiaoyu back. They've been subtly fucking with her in every game since, stripping her evasion options and her damage, forcing her to be a one-dimensional fighter in comparison. Her rolls and cartwheels were a ton of fun. Admittedly I've seen very little of T7, does the trend continue?

youtu.be/Wm_Rf4ZMZVs

>you can't play ed with a pad?
Where is this taking place? I need to lulz right now.

who cares shes unga bunga me strong me push buttons tier
enjoy it while it lasts

The worst thing is I swear to christ loctest Jam was closer to old Jam but they changed her. I could never find this footage if I tried, but I swear to fucking god during one stream before arcade Rev officially launched, I saw a match of Jam vs Sol where Jam did 6K IAD j.P and it connected. That doesn't work anymore though. I'm pretty bummed because I was a Jam main in #Reload and now there are more games that I hate playing Jam than I like playing Jam so I'm basically done as a Jam main. I moved on to I-No, because at least she kinda does what I want.

Will Tekken 7 be popular enough to revive Tekken General?

Does anyone wanna play against my unbeatable diamond juri

fuck off faggot

region?

It happened early in the day when people assumed Ed's control scheme involved using different button combinations like LP + MK and so on.

Join the lobby.

FT2
Character Select: On
Password: 5555

Third strike on fightcade is always there bb

I don't just want unga bunga strong. I miss her speed and evasion. She plays more slowly and is way less rewarding to play.

she is unga bunga strong partly because her evasion is so retarded

A few exist but are few.

The days of people making Makoto and Ibuki bibles are over or makigna site like infil's intro to KI

find a fucking hobby kid

50/50: The Game, congratulations for spending so much time on it.

Is SFV so unpopular that you get it for free when you play a fucking f2p card game?

would it damage Capcom's brand if someone killed themself and blamed it on sfv?

What's the issue?

link?

Gotta go guys. Ggs to everyone and hope you guys had fun! See ya! The stream will be uploaded later today on my youtube channel for those who missed it.

What happened to the GG player Steve H? I used to love watch him and MarlinPie fight.

lmaooooo

can kappa get kuroda to do it

>Steve H

Works at some really high level position in some insurance firm. Still plays a lot though.

>tfw a former head coach is tickling everyone

ggs thanks

fighting games are infuriating. how do I quell my anger? I want to be calm but I've gotten to the point where I want to fling my pad/stick and bust a hole in the monitor.