*blocks your path*

*blocks your path*

Average person can do 100W of power, there's 12 so that vehicle can do 1.2kW at the, um, crank and probably a cool 1kW to the wheels. Don't know how sustainable that is, you might start getting tired bitches complaining after a while.

These are no fuckin joke. I was stuck behind one in Downtown San Jose and it was awful. As soon as I could, I got into the bus lane floored it

ATX reporting in these things are terrible.

ATX?

Run them over with my g350

*blocks your path*

*yells out window of maloo >do a shoiee cunt*

>pedal pub
>no one's drinking because that's illegal in public in the land of the free

Thank God there's room to pass

>no lights
>no registration
>occupies a full lane
why is this legal?

Technically bicycles occupy a full lane, too, because you're violating traffic laws if you overtake them in the same lane. Bicycles need no registration either. Depending on state unmotorized vehicles may not need lights. You're free to write your representatives about the issue if you're so bothered with it.

Fresh driver here, how the fuck do you even drive up such hill?
On 1st or 2nd gear? Do you even touch the clutch?

jeez i wouldn't trust my hand brake on that hill

I've never driven that particular road, but eventually you get used to where the bite point is on your clutch and you can ride it for the initial take-off when you're not scared of rolling back slightly. It might be a good time to use the hand brake, but I've never had to do that.

As for what gear, the engine will tell you when it's time for the next one. Stay in the gear you're in until it's time for the next one.

I know when bite point is, and my car even has a hill starter. Even thou I know how to start with a handbreak on, I would still be scared of that hill

They usually take them bar hopping at least thats what I see in my city

Fear shuts down the mind. You'd have to look at that hill like an exciting chance to prove your merit.

we've got them in seattle, but there are way more individual bicyclists crapping up the road, these things are barely noticeable unless some idiot tried to drive it through downtown.

Jeeze, just looking at this is bringing back that hill start anxiety from my learner days

Shit, I thought that was a Philippine tricycle with a bunch of my kind hanging onto it.

>the engine will tell you when it's time for the next one.

Not really, if your engine doesn't have enough torque when you drop to the next gear, it won't be able to keep accelerating or even maintain speed.

Some times its just better to stay in a lower gear and drive slower.

Can those trams even get up that hill when it's rainy or icy? Or doesn't it ever freeze in San Francisco?

Rarely snows in SF. When it does, usually just a dusting too.

They're pulled by a cable in the ground, of course they can.

While the hills are pretty steep, you have to remember that this was shot with a telephoto lens that compresses things and makes the hills seem steeper than they really are. In person they're not as bad as this photograph implies. It's literally an optical illusion.

Legendary

Fucking REKT

This is degenerate as fuck. People who approve this sort of grading deserve the rope.

if you have a modern car, automatic brake hold is a very helpful feature

God-like

Threadly reminder that Pinoys are the most powerful race in the world

i've been here in person. its not as bad as it looks

Google Maps GPS 37.793099,-122.401065
Google Maps 849VQHVX+6H

In a 68 Mustang with the pedal to the floor.

because it's fun and doesn't hurt anyone
fuck that makes me want to get back out on my bike cycle and crush some more hills but I don't think my quads would appreciate more torture today
iconic

Alpha as fuck

rip clutch

Austin, Texas. Abbreviated as ATX

No it isn't. That just sounds like local lingo.

It's not *that* bad but when I was on it during the rain, the traction control was kicking in HARD in a previous gen mazda 3.

I have also seen a limo get stuck on the crest

Drive past the moment I can in the right-most lane so I can slap every single ass as I drive by

thats like 1.5 hp and they probably get some drivetrain loss

LA is LAX
Portland is PDX

its part of the hipster invasion of Texas. beware.

even 1 HP is enough to move 12 people at adequate speed.

Following a Dodge Charger?

RAPE

LAX is the airport though

lmao

and PDX is the airport too. its where it all originated from. look man, i don't expect you to understand the exportation of hipster culture.

Is that considered drivebyrape by 2017 standards?

You know it.

All ass-slapping is consensual
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

are you stupid? do you expect them to excavate the whole hill so it wouldn't be as steep?

honestly when i was driving around SF on hills like that in my 96 civic i use the hand brake and went up them in 1st
go too fast in hitting the level parts where the intersections are is unpleasant
i remember once going up one of those hill in the rain in an automatic minivan and it rolled back till i gave it gas and if i gave it the slightest bit too much gas it spun the tires

>are you stupid?
takes one to know one