Wtf is the point of this brand?

Wtf is the point of this brand?

What's the point of Lexus? What's the point of Lincoln? What's the point of Acura?

Those are all premium brands to distinguish from the base brand.

GMC existing at all is the biggest fucking mystery in the automotive world. wasn't GMC originally supposed to be a nameplate for fleet and commercial vehicles? why do they exist for civilians?

gmc at least makes some semi popular suvs

>what's the point of lexus
>whats the point of lincoln
i've questioned both of these cars existence for so long, maybe include Mitsubishi there too at a semi close third

>MUH PROFESSIONAL GRADE

and it werks

Because of the Denali trim, the only unique thing I can think of the brand which to me just seems like a gimmicky trim. I say that because what you get with this package that you can't with a top of the line Chevy trim is
"magride" and "extra torque". Oh and a digital instrument cluster.

Also their cars and trucks sell decently well and that's why GM isn't even considering pulling the plug on this brand just yet.

Still, I think it's a very redundant brand. Just hand over the Denali trim to Chevy and nothing will change.

I should've also added that i can't fathom why they chose to axe pontiac a brand that seemed to be on the brink of distinguishing itself from the chevy rebadges with being a nameplate for RWD performance. if they axed GMC couldn't the costumers who were into them just go straight to chevy? Buick obviously has a reason to exist (chinnuh).

back to /pol/ you braindead republicunt

Used to exist solely to distribute industrial vehicle. They were repurposed sometime in the 80s to be a copy of Chevy.

no you...

Ask GMC owners why they bought it, and they would say "professional grade."

Those GMC owners are the braindead ones like you.

>magneride shocks
>needing quotations

SUVs with more (fake) chrome and leather

These are only claims I heard from car review sources, therefore the quotations are necessary.

Sorry if it bothers you so.

>same suspension tech that Ferrari and Audi use
>on a truck

The point of Lexus, Lincoln, and Acura is the same. They're the upscale market models that employ the same engine and underpinnings as their econobox counterparts (Toyota, Ford, and Honda) but with a larger list of creature comforts as well as a larger price tag. It doesn't work to relate them to GMC because GM has a econobox brand (Chevy) and an upscale brand that sells more luxurious models based on that brand (Cadillac). That makes sense. GMC, however, is not necessarily any better than Chevy (think LTZ trim) while I don't think it's supposed to go into Cadillac levels of luxury and prestige. GMC just kind of is there, and there isn't any real logic to how they fit in to GM's overall appeal to consumers.

>TL;DR GM a shit fucking axed Pontiac and not this bullshit

Cadillac has shifted away from the badge engineering in the past 10 years. You're talking about Buick as the "premium" brand to Chevy.

This is in the same vein as acura, infiniti, and lincoln. Lexus, however is in the same "luxury" brand as cadillac as they seem to carry enough independent chassis designs that don't have a lesser Toyota equivalent.

Because GM is a chucklefuck organization, who since the 1970's has hardly been able to do anything right. They should have died in 2008-09 completely. Bad companies who fail need to die.

Kill GMC and Buick.

Or keep Buick since they sell well in China.

Originally developed by HSV (half owned by GM Holden) and Delphi. So yeah they want to use it on whatever they can

Keep Buick but only for China and rebadge them as Pontiacs here

>Thinking Lexus is the same as Acura (Honda)

git gud

They did a pretty good job on my 95 Sierra...even if it was built by Texans...

Sure it was built in Texas? Pretty sure the Arlington plant only made Tahoes, Suburbans, and their rebadges, no trucks.

they didn't built GMT400s in texas

manufacturing was in Michigan, Indiana, Ontario and Argentina.

Okay, as long as I get my new GTO.

With what Monaro to rebadge? Holden is dead

To give Buick/Cadillac dealers a truck line to sell without their having to buy a Chevy franchise or GM making a Cadillac branded sales failure such as a Lincoln Blackwood.

Shieeeet. I guess it'll be a rebadged Camaro ZL1 then.

Go back to /lgbt/

back to you no-car nigger.

reported for racism

this

lexus models are generally exclusive and not offered in a toyota nameplate in the US

Found the nigger.

They quarantined all their really retarded engineers in that division

>t. working on my sonoma this weekend

During the downsizing of GM brands, GMC actually proved to be one of the more profitable brands compared to other GM subsidiaries.

GMC is basically for people that want a Chevy, but feel like paying another $10k for it.

GMC owner here. I bought a GMC because I found a better deal on it than a comparable Chevy. As an added bonus I prefer the GMC styling.

GMC Started as a Commercial Truck brand, and is now simply a truck/SUV brand. That's it's overall place. It's more related to model than trim level.

GMC didn't start getting into higher trim than Chevy until 1999 with the introduction of the Yukon Denali. Note that the brand as a whole did NOT move up as you could still buy bench seat vinyl floor crank window base model trucks from GMC.

The Denali line up fills the gap left between Cadillac and Chevy allowing you most of the features of the Escalade without the Cadillac branding and exterior styling that you either love or hate. From that regard, the Denali lineup makes perfect sense.

Why people take issue with the GMC brand in general, I have no idea. It costs basically nothing since it just piggybacks off of the Chevy truck/SUV lineup sharing 99% of the parts. Pros are it gives customers more selection for styling without over complicating the Chevy truck/SUV lineup. Why does it bother you?

I agree GMC makes no sense, I'm buying a truck next year and it will be GMC though. I like the headlights better than the ones on the chev.

If the Silverado Series, Tahoe/Suburban, Traverse did not exist, then this company would have a reason to live.

I get that GMC's vehicles sell well (well the Sierra anyway), but was is really the point keeping this brand alive if they are no different than their Chevy counterparts?

Seriously why does the GMC model of a truck fall apart so much faster than the Chevy version.
It's the same damn truck.

And this is exactly why GMC is still around.
My dad has Cadillac money but thinks escalades are ugly as shit. So since he needs some hauling capacity for work purposes he leases a fully loaded Yukon.

Now whether he would defect to Lincoln or simply lease an LTZ suburban I couldn't say, but if your GMC why take the risk?

It has an assembled in Texas decal...

I love how the 03 GM trucks have the same wiper stalks as the 2013+ GM trucks. That annoying little stalk has not changed in almost 2 decades.