mechlivinglegends.net/

Living Legends Server Stats (Use this to check if anyone is playing):
stats.spikx.net/mwll.html

The HAWKEN zombie marches on:
playhawken.com/

Heavy Gear Assault:
heavygear.com/
store.steampowered.com/app/416020

M.A.V. (Now with more Chromehound legal rights!)
bombdogstudios.com/blog/

MechWarrior Online:
mwomercs.com/

Cram in completely unbalanced civil era tech here:
mwomercs.com/civil-war

Stab your spear you filthy tribal:
mwomercs.com/javelin

How to start MWO:
youtube.com/watch?v=imffSrJ4O7s

New Player's Guide to MWO (aka the Manual):
docs.google.com/presentation/d/1bmIEjECA6IbWRm92vmylZNv2QYVc5gXO7CT9jMITOrM/edit

Kong PodKast #25: Heavy Gear Stuff
kongkast.libsyn.com/kong-kast-25-gear-bays-black-market-and-pets-oh-my

MWO Mechlab:
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab

MWO Heat Simulator:
keikun17.github.io/mwo_heat_simulator/

Kanajashi's Video Tutorials:
youtube.com/watch?v=RGPYOrhEFtg

Group Mumble Info:
kong.stepoff.com
port:7777

Other urls found in this thread:

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=379&l=fd303bd84f93e933fe9625ee397c9e154b91a6a3
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=379&l=f0909d5e25da2f9e274938d9639ff0844cb8bd1f
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=380&l=403f51203df2854c755065235f84dd525584ea37
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=422&l=4eafb62812e05d2e09421abbb325503076c2da60
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=422&l=5ae66705a2ce1cc987e9eb4dc87d323360b08476
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=425&l=b5d729767196368c8bf96d56210dd45eeb3603d8
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=425&l=92e88e003e0aac292cc0b84e42aaefb0eccbc1e2
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=380&l=8f5a1b4f69eb1fc5efa53fbbd802cc96313f80c2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I wish the IS would win one day. Or 3067 tech would be here now.

>I wish the IS would win one day.

Happens regularly when the IS players aren't GOD DAMN BRAINDEAD LIKE A BUNCH OF NU-KEKS GOING TO A MARXIST UNIVERSITY IN THE UNITED STATES OR GERKEKISTAN.

>Or 3067 tech would be here now.
Well at least it's actually coming.

Compared to 2015 and 2016, which held promise of MWO NEVER moving the timeline forward.

This event has been pretty fucking awesome though. I hope they do this for the rest of the events. Make them actually worth playing.

Did I got cucked? Is the highlander IIC a noobtrap?

>Did I got cucked? Is the highlander IIC a noobtrap?

If you didn't get the HGN-IIC-A (4x LPL 3x S-SRM6) or the HGN-IIC-C (2x UAC10 2x LPL 1x ERML), then yes you did get cucked into the noobtrap.

Normal HGN-IIC is shit since theres not much you can do with 1xB 3xM 3xE, and HGN-IIC-B is stuck with brawl or LRMs and both suck ass in the current climate.

A is fucking garbage after they brought in the cLPL range nerf from the PTS but didn't bring over real damage clan ppc. A bunch of janky low mounted energy hardpoints and nothing reasonable to put in them, at best it's for 3alrm20 memes if you're past giving a fuck.

B isn't total shit because you can do gaussppc+missiles.

C isn't that good anymore after the ultra autocannons got pigged and became ultra jamcannons.

>B isn't total shit because you can do gaussppc+missiles.

Only you end up with the "lmao no space 4 heatsinks" problem.

Git gud

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=379&l=fd303bd84f93e933fe9625ee397c9e154b91a6a3

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=379&l=f0909d5e25da2f9e274938d9639ff0844cb8bd1f

bump

:^)

Not now

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=380&l=403f51203df2854c755065235f84dd525584ea37

i have achieved perfection

my main man would be proud of me

Nice blog, where do I friend you at?

Whoa, page 10 memes.

Why not drop the hover jet and a ton of lrm ammo to pick up 3 heatsinks?

That's the only question you have about that build?

Mechs with useless stub arms that have nothing on them trigger my autism, what mechs have arm weapon builds?

Anyone have any experience with Viper? Any good?

Jagermech
Rifleman
Ebon Jaguar
Spurdo
Executioner
King Crab
Dire Wolf
Kodiak 1 and 5

It's an excellent clan cicada, or a fat arctic cheetah since they run the same speed. Hit and run, and legging is the name of the game.

VPR-C plays great with either 5x ERML, 5x c-SPL 4x MG or 7x c-SPL.

VPR-PRIME does either 1x c-LPL 3xERML or 6-7x c-SPL.

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=422&l=4eafb62812e05d2e09421abbb325503076c2da60

first one is an evenly sided version of 6x c-SPL.

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=422&l=5ae66705a2ce1cc987e9eb4dc87d323360b08476

second one is a right sided version of that same build.

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=425&l=b5d729767196368c8bf96d56210dd45eeb3603d8

VPR-C with SPL + MG assasination shenanigans.

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=425&l=92e88e003e0aac292cc0b84e42aaefb0eccbc1e2

VPR-C with 5x ERML skirmisher, think of it as a fast and jumping version of the trial adder build.

Jagermech or Rifleman?

Jagermech does ballistics better than Rifleman, but Rifleman does energy builds better than Jagermech.

Theres also the missile jagermech if thats really your fancy...

I kinda wanna do dual AC/10s with some backup lasers and the JM6-S is looking good

Thanks user! Assassin mech was the exact idea I had in mind. I'll give it a shot

Hello?

Not now.

WHY?
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT?
I DONT FUCKING WANT THIS LEFTOVER TRASH CONTRACT FROM A UNIT I HAVE ALREADY LEFT
FUCK OFF

Sux 2 be u bro
You can't just change contracts to get the benefits you want. Blame the pig.

long time no see. is kong dead yet?

yes

>all challenges except dailies done
DOSH

pounded

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=380&l=8f5a1b4f69eb1fc5efa53fbbd802cc96313f80c2
I play it like this, the range of the AC-10's sync up way better with the large pulse.

Shitty game with a shitty community and shitty "developers".

Only g(old)men still think things are fine despite spending more time attacking each other on the forums instead of playing the game they blew their autism funbucks on.

Cute

Licence revoked

DUN DUN DUN

hello?

Hiya!

ded

hello is my main man whispers here? we go way back

Quad mechs when? I need to ride into glorious combat inside of my trusty, pastel painted, cutely marked, horse-shaped mech of friendship and destruction.

bump

A reminder to aim for legs

Never, ever, ever skip leg day.

Alright /gerg/...
General Tso when?

how old is mechwarrior now?
I mean you can only play a game for so long before it gets tiresome and you want something new
It's pretty atypical you find something timeless

Old. First and the Mercs titles are probably the best of the lot.

Quads are to be put in the game after LAMs and battle armor.

So never

be advised
legging is not brawling

brawling
noun
1. a noisy quarrel, squabble, or fight.

Legging is perfectly allowed.

you mean legging is cheap and dishonourable so perfect for shitters

legging is more effective than targeting the chest for anything but lights and a handful of other mechs. IS pilots like to put ammo there so it's even better to leg. For Clan mechs it's still pretty effective since they like to shave armor there to mount more weapons.

Legging is meching in the same way rubbing is racing.

If MW5 doesn't sell well will PGi still keep "trying" with MechWarrior or will they move on to a new endeavor? They pretty much hate dealing with MWO and it shows.

They keep making profit with it. If it's profitable, there's no reason to stop it. Also remember, MW5 is single player, MWO isn't. While similar they're different beasts.

Battletech is full of whales with money to throw on robots.
They made 5 million dollars off of the founder's program with nothing more than vague promises. There's no way that MW5 which will be a real buy2play game will not sell just as well if not better.

At least well for a company like the pig.

I would've thought that a year ago but now even the biggest whales are finally wearing down after realizing their investment hasn't been as satisfying as they thought.

I have a feeling that the only whales that will ever stay true to their attempts at getting that PIG micropenis are BLLODWOLF the Cuck, Bishop "MWO is all I have in life" Steiner and Heffay (a.k.a. "The Shill without a Cause").

>are finally wearing down
lolno

pig is still rolling in money and will continue to do so

A year or two ago I would have said the game was about to die, but it's clear that they've actually put in effort to keep it alive by putting in actual work. The fact that they're also working on MW5 means that they'll have the license and money flowing in for the foreseeable future.

To be clear, they had enough whales back in 2012, and they have enough now, and they'll have enough in 2022.

>If MW5 doesn't sell well
There's pretty much no way it won't. There's far more grognards who wanted singleplayer mw5 than wanted multiplayer mwo.

Not saying the game is dying, but the known big spenders aren't burning their money like before. There will always be someone shelling out big amounts of cash... however with the dismal amount of new players and with people leaving so often the system can't keep up for too much longer.

Eventually it'll just be the most die hard MWO enthusiasts that stay and spend while other games overshadow this one.

Pretty much this. Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal though...but in my tabletop froup of 7 players, I am the only one who plays MWO, but we're all going to get MW5 when it comes out.

Except that the player numbers aren't down at all, so I don't know what you're talking about.

>but the known big spenders aren't burning their money like before
You keep saying things but they're just not true.

You're probably right they are making less money than the were, say, a year or two ago, which were probably the peaks of their revenue outside of the founder's program. I don't think they're making so much less to be worried though, the player counts aren't dropping significantly and a lot of big spenders actually don't play 24/7. I'm sure the Civil War was an incredibly successful mechpack for them all around, and I doubt they're looking at the rest of 2017 with worry. They're talking about running another WC and have the HBS game as well as MW5 coming out in the relatively close future as well. Their income seems to be just fine and there's no way they are in danger of not being able to get the extension of the license in 2018 between all this.

Keep in mind that because a few people are salty on Outreach or the forums and are stopping their spending doesn't mean even the majority of people are. The game is doing alright, it could be doing far worse and could be doing better, but the future ahead of them looks more promising than not.

Things are looking up, assuming they don't fuck up the civil war era shit and the skilltree shit, it might start attracting new guys.

What they need is some advertising of some sort. I'm not sure where or how, but there needs to be more of a word out there about the game.

Exactly, even shitty mech packs like supernovas are selling well. Imagine when they start releasing good Civilwar stuff.

What's his loadout, faggots?

The problem with advertising for this game is that the general FPS or MOBA audiences probably have little interest in it as a whole. Whether it be because it plays slower than they like, or they get lost in the mechlab and raped and hate the game after a few matches, or little PGI 'features' turn them off to it. WoT and Warthunder players may find something here for them in gameplay style, but F2P games tend to ensnare people and they find the one they like and stick with it. A small portion of people will like what this game does differently and give it an earnest try, but there's still plenty of chance for the game to turn people away through obtuse design all over the place.

More so than advertising I think they need to work on better introductory tools and the UI. The Skilltree (coming in 1 week) is going to turn so many people away who aren't invested in the game, it's such an overwhelming clusterfuck to deal with. There's still no mechlab tutorial of any sort, there's still no explanation of Clan and IS mechs, and the Academy has gone untouched for a while despite being a potentially great tool for new players.

There's also the fact they lost a lot of people back in 2012~2013 who will never touch the game again. They might if they end up making huge sweeping changes like port it to UE4, but overall a lot of people who were interested in this game have burnt out on it long ago. There's still very negative views about it when it's brought up on /m/ or /v/ for instance.

In short I think it's less that they need more advertising and moreso that they need to do more to retain the people who try it out by giving them the tools they need to understand the game easily.

One can only hope MW5 does well enough so the pig can move MWO to Unreal 4 and dump cryengine like a hot turd.

So you want them to make MWO 2.0? Taht's about what you're asking for an engine switch like that.

>mmo changing engines
>ever
Not going to happen at this point. They'll keep adding things to it until it breaks completely. That's what Cryptic does with Star Trek Online, whose PvP is more one sided and dead than usual MWO CW.

It's not really that farfetched to happen eventually with MW5 using UE4. I doubt it will even be next year, but they know well by now that UE4 would be a much easier to work with engine than Cryengine and once they port the mechs into it a lot of work is done already.

If they wanted to actually take advantage of the UE4 engine they would be making the Mechs from scratch with modelled internal structure and external armor and having additional damage locations like MW4 did for Mechs with notable bits that stick out.

>they would be making the Mechs from scratch with modelled internal structure and external armor

That would be incredibly time consuming and, honestly, not add very much to the game. It certainly hasn't given Heavy Gear any players. Not saying it wouldn't be nice, but it's stupid to think they have any need to do that.

Special damage locations would be nice though.

>STO pvp

I played that when it first came out, and it consisted of decloaking and instagibbing anything in a bird of prey. I doubt it is still that way, but I'm curious what type of disaster it became.

>over 30 minute queue for heavy mechs in oceanic server

dead game

What happened to the Battletech beta?

HBR is a solid mech right? Got enough c-bills to get a new robot and have had my eye on it for a while now. Prime seems like the obvious best choice, is there any reason to pick any of the others?

ecm side is mandatory and use non prime variant omnipods for different builds

lel shitters who think they are invisible with ecm on polar
calling me a cheater because i instakill a locust with goos pepsi

It's still that way. Even faster now with the newer weapons and equipment. Feddies have battlecloak on a few of their ships, but either side can choose to play as Romulans for better crits.

They're going to do a stream later today, will probably announce the new date for it.

bump

Is MAV playable yet? My computer isn't great but if I can get like 30fps out of it I'll buy.

Question, with the new skill tree coming up, should I buy a third Maruader IIC to master out? I have two so far....or should I get the Viper which I wanted to try out?

I don't have time to play too much so i don't earn cbills fast at all.

If you have more gxp than cbills, just buy it, basic it out, and then sell it. This event gives you a bunch of gxp and cbills so take advantage of it.

Event going on this weekend? Shits mad confusing maybe I'm just retarded lmao

Event is still going to be going through this week and weekend.

Really dumb. Damn shame, the game mechanics in STO could have really translated to some world class pvp. Sad that they opted for the fast ttk in the long run, instead of sustained battles.

STO was really fun, prob the best F2P mmo experience I ever had.

What's confusing about it? It says when the event runs until and there's even a countdown in hours, minutes and seconds. You're just that special kind of special.

Are you Murikan?

>can't bring stormcrow
>anything else that can brawl is too slow and vulnerable to being kited to death by nigger pigs who decide to bet on cheese on the maps where it's possible

Fucking scouting piece of shit nigger faggot aids mode with nigger faggot aids players. Can't play one match without braindead teammates, or having to play nigger faggotlands and having to guess if the faggot shiteater retards on the enemy team are bringing invincible IS brawl assault mechs or erll cicadas or some other retarded fucking garbage.

>playing a team game solo

lol, what a dumbass

You sound like you need some tendies and a security blankie. So you need a stuffed animal too so you don't cry more?

Having the UE4 engine available and just using the existing swiss cheese moon crater damage textures for the only visual indicator of damage would be a waste, but probably to be expected if another company isn't making the next game.

In any case future MechWarrior titles are going to be lacking their real potential if they keep avoiding the 3068-3150+ timeline that would do much to address tech imbalances that keep appearing by focusing on the Clan invasion era. Could also go in the other direction and just do a game set between the dawn of the BattleMech to Exodus setting some time between 2439 and 2784 and avoid the different tech bases altogether.