/ovg/ - Minty Fresh

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yObE2kg47Dc
youtu.be/NbzflQJo6pI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first

t. Funny Danish Man

>dont play for a few days
>come back and youre shit now
reee

So I have a car related question but i think you guys can hel
For those with a proper setup how ou set tour pedals and wheel. Currently I'm trying to work out the best seating position in regards to the wheel and pedal distance. Most people seem to suggest getting your wrists to so on top of the wheel when sitting normally but this feels a tad cramped and makes clutch use awkward.

What are your thoughts

There's no best way to sit when racing. Just give yourself some time to do a load of hotlapping, adjust your seating position and whatnot every so often and just work out what you're most comfortable with. You want to just make sure you can comfortably race for extended periods of time without excess fatigue

Fuggg
No easy answer then. I'll just keep experimenting and go with what works then
Thanks mate

There is an easy answer.

>Experiment.

a bit more

>something that requires time and effort is easy

t. Funny French Man

>Implying shuffling your chair back and forth a little bit isn't the easiest shit going

How fucking lazy do you have to be to think it's hard to work out what a good wheel setup is for you?

>implying /ovg/ isn't made up of 5'2 90 pound women for maximum advantage

Very
:^)

>restart

petition to overthrow oliver
sign with t

t

ñ

Γυρος

>tfw missed f3 to do physical work
Speaking of, would physical exercise help with simracing?

not really no

Is nyowa going to make the new layout of Road America for AC?

yes

beamer race happening or not?

gripping the wheel for hours is bad for you if you don't work with your hands or do exercises to make up for it
my consistency has improved with improved diet and general exercise

Don't kid yourself. We never attempted to move to vg.
One time it was a pissy mod and the other time, another thread was made on vg while the one on Veeky Forums was still up and going, so the vg thread was memed at or flat out ignored.

Dprec who tf do you have in your fantasy team to always score top points wtf

autism ogonoski

final race of the bpr championshit at nogaro
youtube.com/watch?v=yObE2kg47Dc
come watch ovg lock an overall 1-2 in front of simdads and 16 year old guys with the mindset of simdads

>he doesn't have the mindset of a simdad
Have fun never becoming a simdad

>16 year old guys with the mindset of simdads
>playing GTR 2
literally me 4 years ago

Should I buy a ps2 slim or just sit and press reset until it finally decides to read the disc?

Reminder that Australia runs this show.

just cancel this fucking series already

clean the lens and tune it

I tried that a while ago and it didn't do shit.

Does kahimi even care about the league?

literally what series

anyone have a good tutorial on getting netplay working with gran turismo 4 on pcsx2?

Has he ever cared about his series?

GT4 only has local? Anyway we tried it with one of those hamachi like clients and it causes insanely low fps for some reason, and it didn't work half the time. If you go on get-good.net and search for ovgt4 I think I made a guide on how to set it up

I dunno man. The 86 and MX5 cup series went fine.
Did someone called him a poo poo head and he fucked off for a while or something?

No the last race we did ran without any problems, then next week only 3 show up, been like that since

its like your average Veeky Forums meet but with more horsepower

you're a mvp senpai

>v8sc
>F3
What's next?

Race School

RaceX WTCCs maybe

Stock GTR 2 content but on rFactor.

What game is this?

>stock cars and f3s
Reminds me when we did ovgsc on the Saturdays and then the f3s on the Sunday, good times

NASCAR Heat 2

is Dirt 3 any good?

Rally>3>1>4>2>Showdown

youtu.be/NbzflQJo6pI

I think the bop for the viper and tuscan needs a little reworking for the series. I know the tuscan is supposed to be a higher skill car and im not exactly good but at big willow i expected the tuscan to blow the viper out but i was consistently faster in the viper by almost 2 seconds. Unless i wasn't supposed to actually adjust the suspension or i copied something wrong. idk i just think that even for a good driver the the tuscan being better on the straights will really help unless we're going to run le mans or high speed ring.

how do we fix ovg? another gt3 series?

I like this

won't really help*

derp

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. The shadow government will look into it.

What games let me race Suzuka on bikes? I already have Tourist Trophy and MotoGP Ultimate Racing Technology.

too late for that, circlejerkers already killed this place

all communities come to an end in time, and /ovg/ is definitely a community rather than just a Veeky Forums thread so this was an inevitability

fuck off barney

>only good drivers left
what's the problem?

Who knew circlejerk would turn out to be so literal

yfw mcqueen actually has fucking steelies.

I'll take another look on this track, but it's possible. Thing is, apart from going one click softer on the tires to make it grip a bit more, the Tuscan is probably going to be not as competitive.

What lap time did you get with the viper?

theyre just the rims nascar uses what are you on about

Okay so I tried out both on Tsukuba, Viper is about .3 of a second faster but WAY easier to handle. Maybe it's because you can tune the suspension in it vs the TVR but it's way less prone to snap oversteer.

We could try the TVR with tunable suspension maybe a bit of tweaking helps

It's natural that the britshit needs additional assistance to rival superior American engineering, especially when said car is a shitty ripoff of an American legend.

You're forgetting that I had to tune the Viper's suspension too. Without that it's an understeer-y mess.

>tfw free race car

there isn't much of a race car left isn't it

that's what she said xD

thinking emoji

Playing Forza Motorsport 6 with a G920 wheel and shifter.
Am currently driving a Corrado VR6 and was wondering why the wheel pulls relatively hard to the right everytime I accelerate. Could my wheel or settings be fucked someway?

hard torque steer?

Hard to tell, started suspecting if it was that, never experienced torque steer myself in real life so I can't really relate, despite owning a "high powered" FWD car once.

Despite what people say it isn't just a reality of any fwd car with power, but I can believe a hastily-built 80s vw car would suffer a bit.

You've never driven a car IRL, don't lie cunt

summer needs to leave

Sure I haven't, I've only driven perfection.

You never had your car

>unfit and out of shape
>can't go fast in real life
>keeps begging to go on the simulator
>finally gets on the simulator
>crashes into everything

Is Lightning McQueen, dare I say it, our guy?

I saw it too
All his cars are separate mods and one is just a mess of polygons. When people say rFactors mods are shit they haven't seen gtr2s

>When people say rFactors mods are shit they haven't seen gtr2s
Yeah, though before really entering the GTR2 modding world (and not just getting WSGT) I was sure only the highest quality rfactor mods made it to GTR2, and not countless worthless amateur mods. Boy was I wrong

DEAD THREAD

>tfw I'm the only blackanon in /ovg/

This. There was some proper garbage in the GTR 2 league I was racing in years ago. Like this thing for example

t. Panselmo

At least it's not a standard car

FUCKIN GOTTEM

/THREAD

neck yourself

works just fine?