/civ4xg/ - Strategy/4X General

Stellaris general edition

This thread is for all strategy games that do not have their own thread, focusing on 4X (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, eXterminate).
tags: /cbg/ /rtsg/

Previous thread: >Stellaris
- FAQ : pastebin.com/abGgZJnT (suggestions/feedback welcome, reply to OP with them)
- The Development of Stellaris gamasutra.com/view/news/274018/Postmortem_Paradox_Development_Studios_Stellaris.php
- WIP Ship Design Guide for 1.5.1 pastebin.com/2QWUPKSh
- Another Ship Design Guide for 1.5 reddit.com/r/Stellaris/comments/61nolh/ship_equipment_load_out_for_141_15/
- Wiki stellariswiki.com/Stellaris_Wiki

>Endless Legend
- Manual cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf?t=1413562467
- Wiki endlesslegendwiki.com/Endless_Legend_Wiki

>Endless Space 2 soon.

>Civilization
- Fix for Civ IV BTS XML errors: dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
- Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE) well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
- Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot - multiplayerrobot.com
- District Cheat Sheet hydra-media.cursecdn.com/civ6.gamepedia.com/2/29/District_Cheat_Sheet.png?version=07510f0f43d7188e00e7046c90360dba

>Alpha Centauri
- Essential improvements pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
- Official short stories mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

Surprised they haven't hired you to do all the bios

We now have Space Dragons with the new free DLC

Serious question, are you being serious that you love the bios, or being facetious?

how the FUCK do I get influence

>ageless
mod?

>frogposting
Cutthroat Politics
happy factions
rivalries
not spamming frontier outposts as much

Factions, and limit the outposts you build and defensive agreements.

Space Dragon Dimorphism mod when?

Yes, from Elves of Stellaris or the Asari Mod.

gives +450 years of life to leaders, at the cost of +100% recruitment cost, and -50% experience gain.

Perfect for Elves/Asari/Dragons needing leaders that last forever.

Be militaristic xenophobe, declare rivalries and go to war. Bam 6 influence a month

These are not intended for a fate of domestic slaves. honest.

stupid seyx asari...

>One of my faggot neighbors built a Symbol of Fright (from traditions expanded I think) and he spams it at me every single time he can..
>Not at anyone else, just me.

gonna need to see the Altmer Confederacy, friend

I think they're pretty funny

Who /waitingforpiratestoupload1.6andthenewportraits/ here?

Well, their other race mod has special clothing for slavery and different types of slavery, so.

I take it back. Federation is fuck dogshit. They don't let me declare war any more for whatever reason.

They are still a Work in progress. Might change a lot of it.

>monistary

The Tower of Fright affects everything in its radius, except for your own planets. Your other neighbours are suffering too, provided they're in range

The funny thing about that mod is that they have a phenotype of Asari with black-like faces.

Even made by someone specifically trying to make them sexy, they are STILL ugly.

Oh, I see.

I wish I knew which one of the fuckers is doing it so I could obliterate him. As it is, there's like five empires who could be doing it.

>ace mod has special clothing for slavery and different types of slavery, so
As the guy who spamming races, please tell me more about this mod.

>Based these guys on Vorcha. They always do well in observation games.

Where to steal 1.6?

>can't play again until my mods get updated

Sigh...corrected ...thanks user

>Slow Learners
>Charismatic
>Egalitarian
>Pacifist
>Agrarian Idyll
you are like little baby, watch this

>Authoritarian Xenophobe Materialist
>Intelligent
>Slow Breeders
>Elven(what does this do?)
>Quick Learners
>Sedentary
>Philosopher King

does pirated DLC and legit game work on multiplayer?

>white supremacist OP
trash thread

>Please tell me more about this mod
user, you have it. It's the Elves of Stellaris.

Hell her patch notes for the last version specifically mentions that some of your elven slaves will have cat girl ears. If you get the patch from Lovers Lab (which is the main place their race mods are developed), some of your elves will even be naked if you make them domestic slaves.

>be pirate
>have to wait for 1.6 to be uploaded to torrent site
>have to wait for mods to be updated to 1.6
>have to wait for mods to be uploaded to some russian sites

Any news of 1.7?

After this reaction I feel bad about saying this again, but... stasis* autism strikes again

>Modfags out of action for days waiting for patches to their unbalanced shitpiles
>NEETs begging for a crack because they can't afford $13

Gonna be difficult to find out, it's one specific building and its range isn't too shabby. My only suggestion is trying to extrapolate the rough direction based on which pops are affected by the tower, considering the Malice traditions don't have any other visible signs

2/10 bait for making me reply

>be pirate
Stopped reading there. Serves you right for being a cunt and a lazy faggot.

>mfw vanilla playing faggot that got cucked out of his money for this completely shit game has the audacity to talk shit about other people

Paradox is charging $70 on their "budget" bundle of the entire game.

And it doesn't even include the Spider portrait, you need to upgrade to Galaxy for that, so it's another $30.

No worries user, I have severe dysgraphia due to childhood illness, so sometimes without spell check I will not catch mistakes.

To be fair, I didn't notice the Altmer till later, when I had already made a peaceful elven race. Here is your warlike elves as much as i could make it.

Elven does the slow breeding/slow learning/adds age combo.

what kind of sick fuck wants the spider pack anyway

>Its a loverlab mod
now that explains everything. Since this is a family computer i might keep it to the clean steam version.

Oh shit, it's Johanna

much better, thanks
t. /tgesg/

Is the Deviant trait worth taking now? -15% Governing Ethics attraction doesn't seem to be that bad.
Likewise, Fleeting seems pretty good as well, given that the -10 years for leaders gets undone with the first gene therapy tech.

No those are both shit. Take non-adaptive and sedentary

>Someone uploaded 1.6 for Pirating
>Didn't include the new Portraits
Fucking kill me

I'm too autistic for these captchas

That really sucks user, but kudos to you for making cool races and making us laugh.
We'll always be there for you Your Altmer one is error-free by the way, good job on that

The only negative traits you ever need are Sedentary and Repugnant (if playing aggressively). This user's suggestions are fine too.

is the latest dlc for stellaris worth it?

This sucks...
Thanks Paradox for this oh so needed change

I played enough decades in the elder scrolls that I should have caught it.

Here are surprising effective peaceful floating jellyfish.

How is non-adaptive worth it?

I already had the base game and utopia so the other two were just $10. It was nice considering the two at normal prices was $18.

I wonder if they are still going to pump out good DLC for the game. I know its paradox but this one doesn't seem AS Jew as like EU or HOI4.

It's free on Steam, so if you have a retail version, yes. If not, it depends on whether or not you can enjoy this game without 5 or so portraits.

Fuck me that increase is huge...
>Paradicks at it again

>Can only build a single station
>is only 1.2k Fleet power
Impressive, they managed to make stations even more useless than before.

Wait .. what ?
Which station has that big exclusion range ?

Is that to prevent people from building flower fortresses?

Habitability is a happiness cap and the 40-60% range of happiness has no effect on your people. It's 2 free points and you can terraform/synthetic later to negate the effect entirely.

I have now 3 Fallen Empires as my sugar daddies. I've only ever had ONE becoming my patreon once in my Stellaris experience. Now 2 are concidering me as their retarded child and one has declared themselves my protectorate. Feels really good mang

So...when's the eta for 1.6 in less than reputable sources? Will we have to get the whole game again, like with 1.5, or just an update like 1.4?

me like molluscoids
me like spiritualists
therefore me like this
Lord Woodborne did nothing wrong

I meant utopia

1.6 is out, just waiting on the portraits

Fortress

How much damage can flower fortresses even do to doomstacks really?

I haven't tried playing with low-average happiness pops.
Besides the reduced production, don't those pops also have faster divergence & a need for an army to suppress them?

So let me get this straight - Starfire universe has 200 plus Fortresses guarding ONE warp point and its often not enough but Stellaris has ONE Fortress guarding the entire solar system ?

Its fucking absurd, do those cucks know how fucking big typical solar system is ?
Ffs, those weapon ranges are measured in AU's at this point..

The color variations for the Peacocks being Zapdos, Moltres and Arcticuno is intentional right?

The new portraits are a free seperate dlc.

>Your Altmer one is error-free by the way, good job on that
I wasn't sure if space elves was capitalized or not. I am going to just make a rule that they are in that context, since I have more then one space elf now.

Here is the race I played last time for a win. Best to leave how they breed to the imagination.

where?

Apparently stations are buffed big time, so this is probably supposed to be Paradox's idea of balance. However, since FTL inhibitors don't draw fleets on top of them anymore, proper Deathflower setups will still be lethal, possibly even more so since ships have a much harder time killing off the 'petals'.

Ah, my bad. I personally think it's worth it, otherwise it's like 15 bucks. Easily affordable, also most of the big overhaul mods require Utopia.

A whole lot, depending on weapon composition and whatnot.

>Wiz is actually Ash Ketchum trying to catch all our tears

FOUND 'EM

Yes and maybe, but that's only an issue if their happiness drops below 40% which should almost never happen, especially if you take Harmony

You need to actually go into Steam and click the free dlc button to unlock the portraits. Launching the game normally won't show them.
Flower fortresses weren't meant to actually kill doomstacks. They're meant to
a. keep a doomstack in place for your fleet to jump on top of it, negating its range bonus and
b. to overlap all the positive and negative auras on both fleets.

No he did not. He was a hero.

Here another race. A bit /pol/ humor though.

>LEX has a new event chain
On one hand I'm hyped but this is LEX we're talking about. Gonna be fun seeing what the reward for this assfuck is gonna be.

how do you build good stations? (as in their setup/loadout)

DAY OF THE ROPE WHEN

>Apparently stations are buffed big time
>1.2k fleet power
user...

I want to make a galaxy with the max number of empires and go full balkanization.
What's a good setup to go both military conquest (vassalization and tributary) and tall for economic and technological superiority?

what mod are the reptilians under the elves in this? or are they from the new portraits?

A bit blunt but love it anyway

The wiki can offer a more detailed analysis, but the main setup for stations is long range weapons on anything that doesn't have an FTL inhibitor, short range weapons on everything that does, and making sure they can survive until your fleet arrives to back them up.

I know your feel, user. I'm still slightly traumatized from the first time I went up against the Watchers of the Throne

>2010+7
>Still thinking fleet power is the end-all be-all of a unit's actual power and usefulness

If it then it with the new free DLC.

New potraits

Thats pretty cool. I just wish there was a way to 'lock in' color variation. Right now I want to make a race of green dragons but I'll have molten/gold and fary dragons poping up.

The old Spiritualist background is now for Spiritualist seekers with the new background with candles is for Evangelizing Zealots, right?

Yes, dragons. I wonder when they'll be on the bay. 1.6 already up.

>20017 - 18000
>He expects a station with only 4 sections to do shit.

>>Still thinking fleet power is the end-all be-all of a unit's actual power and usefulness

>implying any trick will save you if you have too much of a disadvantage in fleet power

I usually go with central fortress with FTL inhibitor and mines, and then on the outside alternating between two debuff and and two buff auras so they all overlap nicely.
The inner fortress would get short range weapons and fighters, and the outside ones large kinetics.

However, with the changes to the FTL inhibitor, I'm not sure this setup will work anymore. We'll have to see how the new changes pan out.

>However, since FTL inhibitors don't draw fleets on top of them anymore
Wait, what do inhibitors do now?

>Stellaris in on sale
Read the FAQ, still have some questions.
Nova edition is DLC too? To get the alien race (is that the arachnoid dlc?).
And how would multiplayer work without buying the DLCs?

>Bundle is not nova edition too
Jews.

Speaking of kikery, when the fuck are they gonna update the OST to have the tracks from Leviathans and Utopia? Leviathans especially had some top tier tracks

>And how would multiplayer work without buying the DLCs?
Whatever the host has/doesn't have everyone else will get or lose for that game.

Serpent is trash
>meh t1 unit except muskeeter
>meh t2 unit except bandit
>healer doesn't regen stamina while walking unlike geisha

>Don't let them land armies...

Quoting the changelog: * Ships caught in FTL magnets no longer warp in right on top of a station, but rather near it
You make of that what you will.

The only thing a station needs to do is keeping the enemy fleet occupied. The buffs to stations (HP, shields and damage) do just that, and fleet power is usually weighted more heavily for larger ships, which have their own glaring weaknesses that can be exploited by weaker ships.

>raiders
>meh
Say that again when your entire base is on fire and your peasants are too busy being slaughtered to do anything about it, fucker.

So if I start an MP game it will give clients access to my installed mods and DLCs?