/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (Speccy screenshot), operating system, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/libretro/Lakka-LibreELEC/commit/0d613194aedfd848a81a35ee80395ad1bd2f9392
track5.mixtape.moe/hidxlj.webm
github.com/libretro/Lakka/issues/395
youtube.com/watch?v=kYK8BaoELEY
reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/69o5p5/soany_new_progress_with_emulation_gsync_freesync/dhcfjcm/
reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/69o5p5/soany_new_progress_with_emulation_gsync_freesync/dh9vjgk/
youtube.com/watch?v=PZvhVHvBL2g
board.zsnes.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=11800
amazon.com/dp/B00W4AMWCI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Thank you kindly.

github.com/libretro/Lakka-LibreELEC/commit/0d613194aedfd848a81a35ee80395ad1bd2f9392

Is she /ourgirl/?

track5.mixtape.moe/hidxlj.webm

Also I want to confirm its fixed but its gonna take a couple hours to DL from that host. Shoulda put it on mega or something.

You don't have to spam you trapfap folder in every thread.

>Reminder that everyone posting here is just Squarepusher and mudlord samefagging, according to byuu.

18:11 honestly
18:11 I think that is him at this point
18:11 this dude is his own Internet troll
18:11 byuu is posting on Veeky Forums
18:11 it's him that does this
18:11 nobody else is this sad
18:11 to keep dragging up old cows
18:12 he is an expert in playing the victim
18:12 and accusing people of things he does himself

>Does any game have a checkbox that says, "Don't look like fucking dog shit?" Because that's what the V-Sync option is. It's ridiculous.

kek

byuu was never the most stable character but somewhere between losing his PAL SNES collection and Trump getting elected he went crazy.

>trap

WRONG!

Autists accuse each other of being Veeky Forums trolls, how surprising.

Indeed

>there are people so new to PC gaming that they think vsync is always good

After I got a gsync monitor I will never willingly go back to vsync. when freesync becomes more common I will happily use that.

This isn't working for me.

I've setup my keyboard buttons in higan for super famicom but the keys don't do shit in-game. Wtf is going on?

>99.99% chance that the 'pajeet shitposter' in here is actually 'byuu' the shota-loving, copyright-appropriating 'emudev'.

Byuu is a fat gay pedophile.

Mtf trannies are always emotionally unstable drama queens. A place I worked at tried to be progressive and hired one. Quit within a week, and accused their boss of harassment after he tried to get the key to the place back. So he had to get fired too. Total shitstorm.

>higan

There's your problem.

But that's what's recommended on the wiki. Is the wiki outdated or something?

Everyone uses the higan (bsnes) core in RetroArch.

Let's just say the "perfect" emulation (which is in almost all cases not necessary) doesn't make up for the terrible design decisions of the UI. Take SNES9x, or, if you really want to use bSNES without having to deal with Higan, do this

Ok retroarch works.

Byuu needs to stop being a cuck and fix his emulator.

Is Emuparadise not the right place to go for PS2 games? I heard something like that about how EP has bad dumps of some system's games or another.

Nah, it's fine for PS2, it's basically just PS1 games on there that are bad.

There are PS2 NTSC-U redump sets on archive.org.

Try checking that out.

Anyone have any luck with this?

Shut up mudlord.

hp9hu789hukhku

It's good for PS1 eboot, though.

Should I get GTA VCS for PCSX2 or PPSSPP? What version looks better?

Find me one that's bad, I dare you.

I said shut up you SJW cuck, kys faggot.

it doesn't even have the US version of Resident Evil 3 for PS1

Why does Mednafen not launch?

don't know sir care explaining

I read they're visually the same (aside from the PSP version being widescreen and having lower resolution HUD/UI), but the PS2 version has more framerate drops. Dunno if that can be fixed with PCSX2.

Quite a few people have had issues and posted here because of bad EP PS1 games. It's generally because of ecmed .bins, but there have also been bad .cues, and some .isos.

PS2 is better
youtube.com/watch?v=kYK8BaoELEY

The PS2 version has widescreen support.

I don't believe you.

>mudlord being a salty SJW cuck faggot.

reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/69o5p5/soany_new_progress_with_emulation_gsync_freesync/dhcfjcm/

You forgot your trip.

What is SJW about that post?

reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/69o5p5/soany_new_progress_with_emulation_gsync_freesync/dh9vjgk/

There's blood on Mudman's hands.

You all suck. All of you in your own way are equally pieces of shit filled with bile and self loathing.

The more I learn about the people in this "scene" the more I hate you all as the unlikable shit stains you all are.

Of course inevitably I have to wonder what kind of damaged sociopath I must be to have anything to do with this dumpster fire of a hobby.

Which is kinda ironic, since the people you hate might make your shit. Unless you avoid those people's products, of course, for ideological reasons.

Dunno if they cleaned up since but you still could find abominations like BIN+APE/BIN+MP3 back around 2014

PS2 is gonna be more demanding and likely worse to emulate than the PSP vesion

youtube.com/watch?v=PZvhVHvBL2g

Driver aged like milk

srs question. How can you tell that's a trap?

Why do every emudev have some mental disorder?

Not him but you can see that its facial structure is very manly, the body shape tells the rest.

>Why do every emudev have some mental disorder?

1. Programmers are nuts

2. Gamers are nuts.

3. Retro gamers are manchildren who never grew up.

Combine them and you get a nice mix.

What's byuu opinion on open source?

He's being sarcastic. Also, stop browsing reddit, retard.

Is this place /r/emulation general now?

>now

This general is pure cancer.

Noob on dev drama here, what byuu has againt mudlord? Did he fucked his ass too hard?

mudlord stalked and harassed byuu for like 8 years.

kek, how and why?

how do I play shenmue without issues

It all started here:
board.zsnes.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=11800

Wait for remake.

get the real thing

And byuu isn't?

>Should also add that mudlord is an autist
who would have thought

Does anyone know of a way to force DeSmuME to run at a capped, sub-60 framerate?

Games like EO and Pokemon use MIDIs for their soundtracks, and when it's slowed down and stretched out (i.e. running far from 60 frames), it's pretty chill, and I wanna record it.

the PSP version literally IS widescreen so i don't see how that solves anything

Nvm, found it. For anyone wondering: hit - and + on your keyboard (the ones on the number row, not on the numpad) to raise and lower the frame limit.

Put severe sustained stress on your PC so it can't run the emulator at full speed

Clash of autism

the point being "aside from the PSP version being widescreen" is not a distinction.

>recapping drama from a 9 year old thread

you guys have too much time on your hands

>Do you call a overclocked C2Q Q6600, with 2GB RAM crap?
wew

So one of the reasons bsnes is demanding as it is today is because byuu is autistic and can't optimize his code?

That was really good 9 years ago

I know. I probably had a E4500 and 1/1.5GB around this time.

What's a pretty, 3d-heavy DS game? I wanna play around with DeSmuME x432r.

Metroid 3D is awesome, but I don't know if it's demanding.

Black 2/White 2 isn't exactly 3d-heavy, but it has some scenes that look great in high-res.

I doubt it. Gen 5 3D is terrible.

>DeSmuME x432r
Why use that outdated buggy fork? DeSmuME has had support for increased IR for ages.

Honestly? Battle scenes as a whole ONLY look good upscaled. And then there's scenes like the brige, and the opening scene with the view of that one town and the horizon.

Yeah, but the performance is terrible, and X432R handles ATLUS games and their fucky text better.

>Battle scenes as a whole ONLY look good upscaled.
>pixel mess only look good when even more messy
I don't think we are even talking about the same game.

I'll take a couple screenshots in a bit, but it does look better. It's, like, clearer.

If there's any noticeable difference in performance, it's because you have it set up wrong.

Is it ok to use dolphin or pcsx2 on a laptop CPU? Like i3/i5 laptop processor?

You can certainly try. And remember, different games will require different amounts of power.

Depends on the game. Some games are very heavy on CPU, some aren't.

amazon.com/dp/B00W4AMWCI

I'll add basically this but it's using a 2540m instead.

Came here to say Nox is a fucking broken piece of shit

Emulation is cute, CUTE!

>Inaccurate HLE plugins that look like dogshit
>Super accurate software renderer that runs like dogshit

When are we going to get a third option in N64?

Ghz, # of cores, and integrated GPU or no? I emulate on a laptop with success so I can tell you how it be

Right now, in retroarch with mupen64, as long as you don't have an integrated gpu (opengl sucks for igpu)

>batman
>using guns

Why not without RetroArch ? Mupen64 don't run standalone ?

I'VE GOT BALLS OF STEEL