2020 Mid Engined Corvette confirmed

youtu.be/5T0rt8VCZgc

They'll find a way to ruin it

I really doubt it'll be a "corvette"

I'm ok with this. Let the camero do the traditional front engine rwd. Do whatever neccesary to make the Corvette the fastest thing in a bottle.

Bowtie. Don't even know how I managed that.

Wow watch the first few minutes of that video. Car has 300 miles on it and the engine blew. Like holy shit even if it was abused all to hell it should outlast the 300 mile mark. I'm not a Ford vs. Chevy person and usually don't mind Chevy at all... but damn that is fucked.

aaaaaand it's ruined.

Nissan has also said the new GT-R will be out in 2020

it's going to be good

I'm not ready for this level of shitposting

It will not be true "corvette."

>renault

It never has been a light warship.

>it'll be slower than the 2008 GT-R
I expect nothing less from modern Nissan. Screencap this.

sperg more

>2008 GTR
>faster than the nismo GTR
nope

It will be hybrid unmoddable and gay as fuck.

You may look like a boomer in a vette but in a renault you look like a nu male boipucci nice meltdown R35 will not be production soon.

>that excessive amount of front overhang

triggered.

its covered in extra bullshit so you cant distinguish its shape, dont worry too much about it

Or how you mispelled camaro

big front overhang on MR cars make for the best looking ones you fucking pleb

the problem is the massive rear one

Not like it's gonna cost nearly as much as a 488 tho

NO QUEERS ALLWOED

Plz be a Cadillac

not the first mid engine prototype they've had on the road, they've been toying with the idea for years. it comes down to cost and suspension design in the end. A MR corvette would likely spell the end for the leaf spring rear end, oddly enough

seems pointless to go to trouble of making a rear engine corvette when people are happy with the front engine, they should make it a new model. Also the boomers that its targeted at would have trouble the handling and then you have more difficult maintenance.

>the problem is the massive rear one
trunk space

There's definitely is a front engine Corvette too. Which is why many are confused if the Rear engine will be called a Corvette or something else.

they're doing like ford did with the GT

build a supercar and then take it racing against ferrari and porsche

2018 recession will happen and all plans will STALL

call it a corvair

it's the new corvair

The other car is supposed to be the new zr1.

There have been rumors of a mid engine Corvette for a long time. Supposably they might call it Zora. There are photos from a few years ago showing what looks like a Holden ute but with a Corvette roof. Car and driver claimed it was mid engine test car.

F I E R O B O Y S

>Fiero ascends from meme status to dream status
please make it so

If this happens it will be impossible for me to even question whether we are living in the best timeline.

the new snap oversteer machine?

>by the company that already brought you overheating cars
>lets make the cooling lines a bit longer

pls be a Cadillac

This

fucking why? they'll lose their entire boomer customer base by doing yuropoor shit.

>glorified, overpriced Corvette

No.

I usually like all corvettes but this is retarded. MORE cooling problems and they are going to be a bitch to work on

This user got right.

Stop being German/European wannabe.

the problem is, there's no other way for them to appear "refined"
the camaro used to be a V8 and a set of tires and nothing the fuck else, meant to haul ass and have fun. the vette, of course, was the gentleman's cruiser - power when you needed it, but a nice smooth ride meant for brandy drinkers who want to take sunday drives.
since safetytards ruined the fun, and made camaros basically corollas, one would think that the corvette would become the V8 gokart, but no, we can't have that because soccermom, so no it has to be some fucking "refined track vehicle" and be a yuropoor car with GM parts and badges.
it's fucking depressing.

What if cadillac twin turbo v6 fiero

For some reason i wouldn't mind this and i hate the twin turbo """GT""" from ford.

it would probably be the first Cadillac I'd ever consider buying

>Gm literally NEEDS to redesign the corvette from the ground up, giving it an entirely new layout JUST BECAUSE it cannot compete with a decade old nissan
TOP LMAO
LITERALLY CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP
AND GM FANBOYS ARE ACTUALLY PROUD OF THIS, ROFLMAO

7:08, decade old car worth not even more than 60k
Lmao

Gm fags literally can't do any better than that

Ctsv?

Are you implying that price dictates performance on a board of 3K civics with some simple mods. There is no way to make a faster car with the engine in the front and to drive wheels in the back. The next corvette will have a mid engine or all wheel drive. I just hope it has pushrods so the meme continues.

mfw i caused this autistic outburst

first funny post you've made.

Its just a corvette UTE

This is sadly what I fear. It seems to be the new idea behind halo cars is to slap in some type of hybrid shit. NSX, Supra, and quite possibly the new GTR.

How do people get pictures of these cars? Most of the time the area surrounding it is covered in trees and fences with signs that say it's private property. Do they just illegally walk up and take pictures?

>7:08, 2 years old car worth even more than 177k

fix'd

>all those old people that are gonna kill themselves while taking a left at an intersection

>Also the boomers that its targeted at would have trouble the handling and then you have more difficult maintenance
The C7 is the next gen of corvette owners. Boomers hate the c7 and they are doing good in sales. It makes sense for GM to move beyond the boomer customer base and target a new generation.

kek

I would laugh. Or if they call it the Corvette Corvair, I mean the Corvair name originally was on a Corvette concept.

Thing is part of the Vette's popularity is how easy it is attained I can see them still making the front engined cars and Corvette being more of a sub-brand to Chevy rather than just one model, unless they say screw it and just go with just Mid engine and go for the premium market.

Cien finally?

lmao in 2020 the sentra spec v will probably be better then the new gtr

Nice damage control
Stay btfo

>boomers hate the C7
Literally 90% of the people I've seen driving a C7 were over the age of 55.