LIGHTWEIGHT MUSCLE CAR

What's the most light weight muscle car from the 70's? I want to make a project car for drifting and toogaying, but I need something fairly lightweight. I will only buy the body and then do some research on engines.
Got anything in mind?

Considered the Bedford Rascal?

>I want to make a project car for drifting and toogaying,

Then a muscle car is not what you want unless you want to spend a shitload of money to make it do that.

Muscles do one thing well: go straight, they have to built to go sideways.

Also fun fact: most malaise era cars are lighter than most new cars.

Huh...can't say I have. I do want something of a pussy magnet, but without the ''whack them in the head'' part.

AMC AMX is 3000 lbs stock.

Do you mean actual muscle car or just 70's platform?

If the later mustang 2 or vega

Are Muscle cars really that bad at drifting? How much would it cost me to make something like a Ford Maverick or a 69 Camaro a good drifter?

>Also fun fact: most malaise era cars are lighter than most new cars.

Great, I wasn't aware of this.

1964 to 1966 mustang is 2,445 lbs
>ackchually it's a pony car, not a muscle car

>70s
>lightweight
>muscle
Pick 2.

Awesome, will note it down.

Not looking to become Dagumi, I just need a retro muscle can that can toogay it.

first gen celica. the non lift backs weighed ~1800 lbs and had 100 hp. base mustang of that year was around that but 500 lbs heavier.

Ford Pinto or Chevy Vega.

Despite memes, I imagine it's what an American dagumi would drive.

GM A-Bodies, the quintessential muscle car family.

ahh yes.

Chevy Monza and Ford Maverick also

They were pretty much shitboxes with big engines back in the day, they didn't handle that well

>How much would it cost me to make something like a Ford Maverick or a 69 Camaro a good drifter?

5 grand+, you'd probably need a beefier Diff and stiffer shock/spring with lsd, in addition to having traction bars, plus better suspension up front with control arms allowing to get a better turn radius (they don't turn well as is) and probably more that I'm forgetting.

There's also the matter of true muscle cars having high prices to begin with, anything 72 and earlier is going to have a premium attached to it anyways.

Noted it down too, I'll consider my options. Thanks.

All those cars look great, specially the Maverick.

I would have a 10 to 15k budget for this. There's really very few cars there that I can afford that I find as beautiful as 70's American Muscle cars.

A nice car boy and transport to the EU is going to cost me around 5k or more for sure. I am hoping I can work with 6 to 10k to actually build a decent toogaying Muscle out of rusty thing.

Chevy Vega cosworth and some suspension work

>be yuropoor
>import american muscle car
>to do japanese style driving

Feels like you are trying to make a point, but it's not quite coming through.

What's going on?

who's ass is that?

1970-72 Dodge Demon

2900lbs curb weight
340 Mopar small block is a high reving V8 by design

any 70s muscle car is going to have a hell of a time drifting. not sure how the torque bar front suspension would act. also rear drum brakes on all 70s cars (some even front drum).

Ken block (hoonigan) and team did a mustang drift car, and the only original parts left were the pillars and roof. Frame, body panels, drivetrain were all one-off fabrication.

>pic related

the mopar A body is awesome

old light weight muscle?
dart/duster/demon/scamp
vega
maverick/comet
falcon
1st gen mustang
AMC AMX

real answer is, nothing.
even the lightest of the era are land barges.

So basically, I should forget about a muscle drift project car? I really want one.

Who knows

These are all awesome looking options, I am doing some research to figure what I would need to make any of these be decent at side sliding and toogaying twisties.

Maybe it's not quite "muscle car" territory, but you could try to find an AMC Gremlin. Similar platform to a muscle car, with a smaller/lighter body.