/ng/ - Nioh General

Better smithing text pastebin but still lacking DLC edition

DLC information
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Dragon of the North

Latest Patch Notes
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Patches

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armour/weapons I don't want/use?
Purple/Blue = Disassemble (Then use the blue mats to forge a purple if you have enough)
Yellow/White = Sell or you can give it to the kodamas for amrita and the odd free item.

>What does the summoning candle do?
It returns your guardian spirit to you when you die along with the amrita you collected.

>Should I use soul match?
Honestly, no, not unless you have basically finished the game and have a weapon with some really great stats. As you progress you will get a steady flow of new weapons and armour that is better than what you have. Don't waste your money on soul matching until later.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armour and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armour/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.

Beta guide that could still be useful : pastebin.com/VEHby7kd

list of smithing texts:
pastebin.com/d4gaLiHk

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LWPowssA8Dk
youtube.com/watch?v=lsfhADiaP5E
youtube.com/watch?v=EK8zeX79uD8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for blue dragon is the best spirit in the game

have all the soulscucks been purged from the audience yet

Nah, they're going to whine about unbalanced PVP for at least a week

nope

we will never stop hearing unending shitposting about diablo loot

or the entire game was dumbed down because there are two less enemies in Isle of Demons compared to the beta

>implying it's balanced

How much does attack break reduce damage by? Does its reduction stack with wind?

Does every skill automatically have the traits of its weapon? eg. ki burst will inflict water damage or extra final blow damage on a sword with those.

if only there was a way to save the same character in 2 slots

what do you mean by attack break?

like a break +14 roll?

>Does every skill automatically have the traits of its weapon?
no but if it's a damage bonus, other equipped weapons will benefit from it
e.g you will do more melee damage if you have a bow equipped and in your active ranged slot with a familiarity damage bonus

I do enjoy the pvp, but i'm pretty sure that 90% of the Nioh audience agrees that the pvp isn't balanced atm which is true.

I was mainly talking about people demanding the whole game to be balanced around PVP, which is a common souls mentality.
I didn't mean to say PVP actually was balanced.

Sorry, meant weapon break. It's one of the new traits along with the weaken armor (type).

oh

well, weaken melee weapons completely fucks ~90% of their damage. It's so strong that you don't even need wind. But having as many of these kinds of debuffs as possible so that at least one is up at all times is great.

If you want to be as tanky as possible, weaken melee weapons, wind, devigorate talismans and anything you can get your hands on that grants defense boosts is the way to go

I don't have blue dragon yet because I wanted to do the DLC on WotD so I've been using peacock, and a head piece with a defense boost on amrita acquisition and extraction talismans for constant double stacked defense

What, you don't think this is fair?

>Hotarumaru has innate auto recovery on amrita
>I'm using demon king set and Saoirse

I'm having a hard time staying with the spear. This is too nice.

The debuff is alot, in WotD bosses hit like 80% of my hp with normal hits but with the debuff i can tank bosses quite while. If you are using non cheese builds its a must for you to finish WotD.

Yesterday i faced a machine gun bow user who hit 1500 with bodyshots, too bad i didn't capture that.

H O W
How do you fire that fast? Bow speed buffs stacking on... gear?

Just block them. He will run out of them eventually. lol just kidding he wont

there is a shuriken speed up stat you can roll on kote now

>they stack pierce guard

piece guard can't be stacked beyond 10.9%

and it only applies to melee weapons

Wait, how does that increase bow speed? Is works for the bow too?

That guy felt like a boss.

>start WotD
>first enemy, cant be bad
>literally one shots me

Centipede spirit has 25% maxed out

My sword has like 14%

That's just flat out wrong.

sorry, I thought you were replying to the ninjutsu webm that the guy you replied to was replying to

Oh? Never mind me then.

The game was never even meant to have pvp, we only got it because shitty players have yet again come to a PvE game because they suck at real pvp games and now demand the entire game to be balanced around a non competitive literally meaningless tacked on mode THATS NOT EVEN SUPPOSED TO EXIST

Can I get throw speed on Kunai on gloves and how the fuck do I get more ninjutsu power? I only get +173.

>Absurdly better method of getting glory than anything else in the game
>Glory is used for PVE content as well

The game doesn't have to be designed around it but shit like is unacceptable and you're actually retarded if you defend it.

99dex
99skill
hanzo set
ninjutsu power on every piece of gear

I have a pair of dual katana that are level 179, close combat ki damage/damage/attack ki reduction, fire, fire damage, change to attack (skill). I'm trying to do some crazy as fire build, I'm in way of the demon, I have both suzaku and enko as my spirits, giving me a 70.5% increased fire damage with my ogress mask. Alongside the red demon armor, can you guys think of any other items I could wear or things I could roll to increase that damage further? I have the increased damage over time effect from the ninja tree. For 1v1 fights like champion of the west I poison opponent, then light them on fire for the crazy DoT. I'm not sure how to wrap this post up but fire damage related information beyond what I have listed here would be wonderful and most appreciated

but if I do ninjutsu power on every piece I lose throw weapon dmg

There is a skill that makes you invisible and they cannot lock on into you that way. These spamming players are usually a 1 trick pony and if you take away that from them they panic.

I fucking hate that bitch

>99 body which increases paralysis resistance
>every paralysis res passive maxed
>paralysis res stats
>she still paralysis me with 1 shot and 1 hit kills me in WotD

i know the game was never meant to have pvp and things like that but, why dont they create a mode with the wooden swords/spears/etc like the dojo battles, no spirits or stats. it cant be that hard to implement, and they dont have to balance anything, if you want to have "fun" killing people with 2 o 3 shurikens, you already have that mode, if you want to have fun killing people with wooden weapons that DONT KILL YOU IN 1 FUCKING HIT you dont have that mode. thank you miyazaki

I would prefer it if they just abandon the thing and focus all their efforts in PVE. I was disappointed with the low amount of new enemy types in DLC1.

well i only played the first main mission and a couple of side ones..the 2 new enemies are a little generic. so far its fun, i like the odachi moveset

>yfw kuni dmg

Maybe at lower ranks. High rank ninjas use everything in the book, including Suppa and Smoke so you can't lock on to them either. That ninja in the webm was pretty shit in that regard.

You don't know real cancer until they fire jar you forcing you to walk into their legos which then lets them get free kunai stacks on you.

Rate my build you losers.

youtube.com/watch?v=LWPowssA8Dk

Never liked Living weapon builds, but i like your weapon of choice. I'm using myself skill odachi build and been doing so far WotD missions easily. But in dmg your build is superior to mine.

>axe user, still toe-ing into way of the strong
>try way of the samurai gourd mission (oda & yusuke)
>get bodied so hard I quit for the night
>now to plow through Strong to unlock demon mode
Is there anything better than 150+10 in way of the strong or am I just not going to get much for upgrades until demon? I only have like a blue axe and 150+0 divine katana at the moment but it seems like 150+10 wouldn't be that much of an upgrade for what is an entire playthrough of the game.

You won't get anything better until demon.

If you want to be a retard you could forge and soul match lv 160 +10 gear but its just easier to do WotD first missions and get +170 +10 gear from the first mobs.

No, 150+10 is the max for WotS, aside from the rare 160 when forging.
Main difference between the start and end of WotS is that at the start you get mostly +0's and +1's, while at the end they're around +5 and such.

It was more just that I'll have to go through the entire game again just to get to new equipment. Hopefully you don't have to do side missions. I'm not exactly super fast at killing stuff.

>Hopefully you don't have to do side missions.

You have to. You will only find lvl160-170 weapons in the first couple of regions. You need to do side missions to fill up the bar and unlock the regions where the high level weapons are. At 50% completion you can start crafting lvl200 weapons.

so instead of a NEXT difficulty level after way of the demon

how about they have RNG dungeons like blood borne and have a new material to give out that has a higher value then divine stones to have a better chance at getting rarer equipment augments

I meant side missions to unlock way of the demon, but I assume I need to do side missions for that as well. Damn this will take some time.

I wouldn't mind RNG dungeons, that would be fun as fug. I think they should add new rarity tier which is ultra rare and alot better than divine.

Please no. Fuck Chalice Dungeons.

There is no time for that. Its a big feature. Also chalices fucking sucked.

I just wonder what Kelley's up to!

Only problem with chalice dungeons was going through story chalices every time you made a new character. Doing D5 FRC was fun if you weren't just spamming Merciless Watchers over and over.

can you get thrown weapon damage and thrown weapon damage x2 on you gloves? because you can get thrown weapon ki damage and thrown weapon damage.

No, they clearly intended glory to be obtained through co-oping just like dark souls were the casuals would have a co-op partner, perhaps they were intending toowards the end of the games life cycle to release co-op content that is significantly harder than everything else who knows.

PVP literally shouldn't exist, it's detrimental that with how many whiners there are now they are going to start focusing resources on it, like what im trying to say is it's bad for the games health that they clearly took time out of developing future dlcs to appease shitters from the souls series that believe in the whole muh honor fag bow before duels.

In fighting games people that complain about op stuff and place self restrictions on themselves and complain that they only lost because of their restrictions are called scrubs. That's literally where the term scrub came from.

I'm trying to say that the people that thoroughly enjoy dark souls pvp and want it to be balanced are bad videogamers and they are now ruining yet another game with their bullshit.

to add to this, there are plenty of pvp games that are out there, hell action rpgs. arpg mmos, fightning games, that for honour game that has the lock on type combat and stuff.

The people complaining about pvp and the ones that begged for it are just pure retards im literally upset because im enjoying the fuck out of this game, and I am dying for more content but now when things start getting balanced around pvp it's going to ruin the game

Let's post happy Williams.

Jesus dude, they just need to fix couple things that are breaking the pvp and its good again. Sure Nioh was supposed to be first just for singleplayer but when i'm tired of farming gear its fun in a while to go pvp in Nioh since it has pretty decent combat. I'm not asking to balance all Nioh around pvp but just the most retarded things to be fixed. Also 2vs2 in Nioh is pretty comfy too so it's shame that couple things are breaking it

Do Power Pill/Carnage scale with Ninjutsu/Onmyo power respectively? Or do they just give a straight, unchanging buff?

>farm 200k glory from revenants over the course of the weekend
>get rewards today
>all I get is a piddly 2k glory and no discount
are you kidding me lads

The only useful thing you can get from getting bunch of glory is bigger clan special effects.

I want them to first fix all the retarded shit before adding anything new.

>mfw I farmed 200,000 glory in 1 day by spamming kunais in 2v2 pvp and winning 5k glory per match.

wind +14
ki damage against blustered 12.9%
ki damage 8.9%
CtA Stamina A
equip weight damage bonus A
CCD 15%
pierce 10.9%

which one of these stats should I replace with 25% attack ki reduction with for the kusarigama, if any at all

wind is a locked effect

Pierce

but pierce is so good on kusari

did they suddenly make ninjutsu strong as shit while i was gone?
what's with all these million damage shuriken?

New skill and affixes that double the damage. Onmyo users on the other hand got shafted with nerfed sloth and weakness. Literally no reason to be a mage now.

nah

the elemental shots are extremely strong now, arguably even more broken in pvp because they're all instant status effect inflicts first hit

>odachi dojo
i've never lost my temper at a videogame, but boy am I close

>get hit once with a wind shot and once with a lightning shot
>suffer from the equivalent of sloth but without the duration reduction
>do no damage because of wind
>take ~50% more damage because of discord
>down to 1/3 health because each shot did 1500 damage and I'm not a tatenashi tank with stacked elemental resist

wew

Can you actually lose in that fucking dojo? Just spam your shoulder bash you win.

>Go into mission
>It's a rematch against ice lady
>Realize I am about to get capital-F Fucked
>
>Nobunaga spawns

Is this a "come back when you're massively overleveled" type of mission?

Double boss missions are for cheese builds only.

The "meeting on the other shore" mission? it's possible to do when you gain access to it probably. I did it just fresh after beating the game, took like 6 tries though. Fighting those two with an axe is fucking suffering. I can't do shit in the "return the gourd" mission though.

>return the meme
literally le prepare to le die xD we want the dark souls audience: the mission

Nah, normal double boss missions are easily doable without cheese builds. Only missions which are going to be needed to cheese are "le fight against 10 waves of enemies then 2 bosses"

Are you having a stroke? Why would you think bothering to type that shit out would be worthwhile?

You can get them but they don't stack, it's one or the other.

are you?

I'm pretty sure they effect melee only, or close combat at least since that's what it states.

>Shigezane is actually a year difference then Masamune
>but actually outlives him for over twenty years in real history

huh

via reddit

Sorry this is super late but I was in an exam. If you're still interested here's my sword which should be proof of it being able to go above 10% on even a single item.

This is how it should be done.

>peeve

I would main Fuku all day every day.

youtube.com/watch?v=lsfhADiaP5E

Is it Still possible to roll close combat damage %? Its the only thing I don't have on my 2kat and I think it'd go a long way to helping crank up my DPS.

I'm sick of my 200 +14 2kat doing garbage ass damage even with Familiarity bonus AND change to attack Skill A+.

this is not a tekken

what weapons do u think we will get in future dlcs

I was talking about at base familiarity.

The cap for the stat at base is 10.9%.

I forgot about centipede tho

He actually has one hell of an unblockable rifle build.

>not this

youtube.com/watch?v=EK8zeX79uD8