/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

Operation Falcon Hour edition

DO NOT BUY THE STARTER EDITION
(To find out why, read OP FAQ right below this, under "Which edition should I buy?" section)

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links (Newfriends, read this first before asking questions)
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw

>Stat Checking
r6stats.com/
game-rainbow6.ubi.com/en-us//player-statistics//multiplayer

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin & Groups
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
PS4: Add dazint8
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Galleries
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org/
imgur.com/a/rVmZG

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

>Official News & Known Issues
Mid-Season Reinforcements deployed on March 15th.
rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-US/updates/velvetshell/reinforcements.aspx
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/updates/velvetshell/index.aspx
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Top-Priorities-and-Known-Issues-Updated-2-13-2017

Tango neutralized:

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/file/g103wsgujsg88xc/M_AIMod_105C_b1.rar
blackfootstudios.com/forums/index.php?/topic/4830-raven-shield-ai-mod/
youtube.com/watch?v=mFDAA6eakaQ
imgur.com/a/rBU6h
steamcommunity.com/id/tronlol
steamcommunity.com/id/216487649675
steamcommunity.com/id/DrRicky
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198063624247
steamcommunity.com/id/normlperson
steamcommunity.com/id/SFoxR
steamcommunity.com/id/crappyshoot
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198043901802
pastebin.com/0FLdzNyw
microsoft.com/en-us/research/project/trueskill-ranking-system/
support.ubi.com/en-US/Faqs/000024743/How-Does-Rank-Work-in-R6-Siege
rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-gb/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-277344-16&ct=tcm:154-76770-32
allr6.com/discuss/viewtopic.php?id=3
youtube.com/watch?v=iyy8kuzlPRw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

INFORMATION

FUCKING

WHEN

I love IQ!

About fucking time we have an OP without reposted booru trash

Yo, I know this probably isn't the most appropriate place for this post, but since Siege is the only Ubisoft title with its own general, do you guys think a standalone reboot of Spies Vs. Mercs would be very successful? I'm talking like a basic $30 3v3 SvM. You've got multiplayer-focused games like PUB and ARK that seem to be really successful, so perhaps SvM would stand a fighting chance if streamers latch onto it and promote it.

Im convinced that half of the TS shit here is coming from the same 5-6 people

I wanna operate with sakuya

I mean theoretically a cheap, well balanced and high content shooter should have a place but I think it'd be more likely to be shitty than a really good game.

It is

/r6g/ is fucking dead

>Ubisoft can't even implement simple challenges without fucking up their tracking among other shite

Seriously what the fuck goes on over there

I'd love to see it but Ubi would probably fuck it up.
But I want to play it again.

In case anyone cares, I recently found out about a mod for Raven Shield called Malleus' AI Mod. Raven Shield 2.0 actually incorporates many of its aspects, but not all of them.

If you dislike Raven Shield 2.0's cardboard cutout iron sights, changes to smoke grenades, changes to UI, bugs, etc but were a fan of its AI improvements, just know that there's more where that came from and makes playing Raven Shield in 2017 an absolute delight.

Download link is here: mediafire.com/file/g103wsgujsg88xc/M_AIMod_105C_b1.rar
Forum post by author is here: blackfootstudios.com/forums/index.php?/topic/4830-raven-shield-ai-mod/
A review is here: youtube.com/watch?v=mFDAA6eakaQ

Installing it on top of a vanilla install is a breeze.

Simply unpack the M_AIMod_RvS_105C.rar, go into the M_AIMod_RvS/System folder and extract M_AIMod.u (just this file) to your \Steam\steamapps\common\Rainbow Six 3 Gold\system folder. Then go to your \Rainbow Six 3 Gold\mods folder, open RavenShield on notepad, and on this section:

//Default pawn classes
m_DefaultLightPawn=R6Characters.R6RainbowLight
m_DefaultMediumPawn=R6Characters.R6RainbowMedium
m_DefaultHeavyPawn=R6Characters.R6RainbowHeavy
m_DefaultPilotPawn=R6Characters.R6RainbowPilot
m_DefaultRainbowAI=R6Engine.R6RainbowAI

Simply cross out the bottom AI line so it looks like:

//m_DefaultRainbowAI=R6Engine.R6RainbowAI

and place this directly under it

m_DefaultRainbowAI=M_AIMod.R6RainbowAI_X

If you have Athena Sword + Iron Wrath installed, you simply need to also extract the same M_AIMod.u to your \Rainbow Six 3 Gold\mods\Athena Sword\system and \Iron Wrath\system folders respectively, and there you go. It just werks.

Some of its changes:
>Teammates now default to single fire for better accuracy
>They now have a slightly wider FOV
>Emergency swap to pistol
>Rules of Engagement changes to make Recon/Infiltrate viable alternatives to Assault

Pls notice me pastebin user

>people from the TS use the general
fucking amazing discovery mr.holmes

imgur.com/a/rBU6h

the suffering continues

Lets get payback agasint the faggot who did it

steamcommunity.com/id/tronlol

At this point Im more surprised when the weekly challenges actually work without issue

who dat

Perhaps. But i dont go to that dumpster fire teamspeak anymore :^)

post all TS steams

As much as I'd like it to, I doubt it'd become the next "big thing", primarily due to the asymmetrical difficulty. Playing as a merc is much more difficult than playing as a spy, since all that playing as a spy requires you to do is run up to a merc and slit their throat.
As a concept, I think it has great potential, but if Ubi were to directly port Blacklist SVM, it would quickly die off.
Not like Ubi would know what to do with it anyway, since Siege is literally the only piece of evidence in the past decade pointing towards the company having an inkling of intelligence.

What are you even gonna do? Gift me bad rats to epically troll me?

>put the lonely attention whore in the spotlight

steamcommunity.com/id/216487649675

>The namefagging attention whore is really annoying how do we fix this
>I know lets feed the faggot even more attention so he stays around longer

Yo guys, Tachanka's new gun skin has a QR code on it, can anyone scan it? This shit could be teasing the new operators or something

steamcommunity.com/id/DrRicky

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198063624247

steamcommunity.com/id/normlperson

steamcommunity.com/id/SFoxR

FUCKING REDDIT MEMES GETTING OUT OF CONTROL REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

steamcommunity.com/id/crappyshoot

Im here to stay familia ;)

How much of a faggot are you that you use the fucking namefag name on other shit and the same images you spam

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198043901802

more

>mfw my steam won't be posted because no one has it

>stop namefagging we're all anonymous!
>posts others' handles for them

Hey guys be sure to add me on steam!~

You have been visited by the Doc of friendliness and no shitposting
Nice threads and drugs will come to you but only if you reply to this post with "merci, docteur"

Friendly reminder that if you want to avoid cancer in the general, simply employ 4chanx's handy Filter tool to filter the typical shitposting starters. Or at the very least, do not reply to them! It's that simple.

Do your part. Do not fan the flames of shitposters. Only you can prevent bad generals.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:
Instructions for filtering: pastebin.com/0FLdzNyw

Mine didn't pull anything up. Even though it looks like a QR code, it could just be gibberish. It's probably there because of the them "Industrial". Instead of barcodes, lots of places now use QR codes (or similar-looking glyphs) for inventory tracking, because they hold more data.

Gracias,Doctor

>be fuze with shield
>allies keep dropping, don't manage to kill anyone
>comes down to 1v5
>corner jager and hipfire kill him
>smoke and bandit jump me
>manage to hipfire kill smoke but run out of ammo for bandit
>he goes in for the melee and staggers me
>I turn in a way where he can't go for the second melee
>I melee him instead
>Welp, it was fun but this is it. What am I to do without ammo
>Kapkan runs in and tries to C4 me in close range
>my shield protects me and he downs himself with the C4
>melee him
>I can feel it
>it's 1v1 vs rook and I'm out of ammo but I can feel how all the planets have alligned
>I can do this
>I can clutch this
>I don't need ammo
>should I try a cluster charge?
>no need, I can do this
>I will melee him
>Rook shoots my head through my shield's window

Merci, docteur.
Your advice will save us all.

What are you even gonna do with these,
Are you gonna call them names over steam?

>It's this episode

What the fuck

Yeah. Don't know how people manage to do that. But hey, as long as it's on the enemy team :^)

fuck you doc

;_;7

I did that once.

I tried to use my thermite charge to hot breach a window on TH.

Misjudged the timing.

lmao these fucking people who act like nothing is wrong

This place is manipulated by the TS

Hey that guy added me on steam to call me names but we ended up having a nice discussion about the general,siege and Ubisoft's bad corporate

>I tried to use my thermite charge to hot breach a window
Why

>Hey dude look at this

happen once to me, i usually throw a smoke grenade right after activating the exothermic charge, i pressed the chat key instead without realizing it

panicked because i couldnt move and died to the explosion

>WWWWASSDWAAWSDWWW

Thanks, doc!

You have been noticed. I'll add this to the OP FAQ, thank you for your contribution!

I was getting kind of tired of RS 2.0 myself

Hey pastebin user, you could also add this link to the OP or the pastebin

microsoft.com/en-us/research/project/trueskill-ranking-system/

It goes deep into the details of the ranking system and could answer to more than one question about it

reminder that H*esof is a sub-gold shitter

Sure man, can do

of course the challenges don't progress

why would they. why would something like that work in a years old game

>sub-gold shitter
I mean, technically he isn't.

Didn't the multiplayer for like all of the original games get shut down with gamespy?

Also these two explain pretty much the same things, but in a much shorter way

support.ubi.com/en-US/Faqs/000024743/How-Does-Rank-Work-in-R6-Siege

rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-gb/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-277344-16&ct=tcm:154-76770-32

Thanks, buddy

Well apparently this guy doesn't even like Siege
I wonder why he keeps playing it after 1500 hours

Ok so im bad like the rest of the general. Your point?

>tfw putting all the gemstone colors on each of the new ops
So Amethyst for Spain and Ruby for Nips
I hate how Cobalt and Platinum willl never be used

Because what's the alternative? I have like 200 hours on The Division, despite the fact that I fuckin hate it and think Massive has no idea what they're doing.

There are still online communities that play Raven Shield online. You just need to add a little mod that changes where the game looks for servers. One example is allr6.com

allr6.com/discuss/viewtopic.php?id=3

I've played with them before, they're a bunch of cool people.

>26 Feb, 2016
He felt ashamed of his words & deeds

there comes a point in time anti-discord/TS fags are just as autistic as the ones they complain about.

not many players here suck to the point of having .79 casual KD

hey pastebin user

would you mind removing the drawfriend imgur gallery from the OP? it's still totally fucked beyond repair (tried fixing it for 45 mins today but it still continues to rearrange shit for no reason).

thanks lad

I liked The Division until level 30 when there was nothing to do. Now it feels like you HAVE to chuck an extra $30+ at them just so the game doesn't feel empty.

will do, no problem

this game is only as popular as it is because call of duty had a couple terrible years. that's really all there is to it. it's scratching an itch for an ads shooter without faggot shit like ults, without crazy sci-fi, and without too much need for teamwork. it would be a little niche game if cod didn't suck so much dick lately.

Any other requests while I do some FAQ pastebin housekeeping?

Anything else you guys want me to add, remove, or edit?

It took me no more than 20 hours to hit Gear Score 256, the other 180 hours were spent with friends grinding incursions, roaming the DZ, doing weekly missions, etc.
I acknowledge that the core game is fun, but holy shit the devs are POH retarded.
>Guys we want more story missions
>BACKPACK SLOTS!11!1!1!ONE!1!1!!1!

honestly, everything seems to be in order user

What utter drivel

CSGO has also had a very dry couple of years. It feels like the developers kind of abandoned it, which helped many players switch over.

I don't regret paying $60 for it, but I think I would be mad if I paid for a special edition. It seems like they tried to go against everything the players were asking for during the first few months of release. Like they didn't even have an anti-hacking tool in for what, six months? (Siege did this too, no idea what Ubi was thinking.)

Goddamn, that level was hard. The guys on the balconies always seemed to spot me and yell out for the hostages to be executed before my team could kill them

The lack of AC could probably be explained by the fact that Ubi wanted to focus on console sales more than PC sales, since Ubi titles generally tend to do a lot better on console than PC (same can be said for a lot of shooters actually)

Alrighty then

Pastebin updated

I hear nothing but bad shit about this guy, I don't like judging people be hearsay butis he really a sperglord? I don't want to play with someone like that

He's autism incarnate

I love doing stuff like this on R6

youtube.com/watch?v=iyy8kuzlPRw

Just set up and tweak an elaborate plan and watch it unfold, giving go-codes, until it works just like I want it to

Although playing it as an FPS, either with the plans or free-form is just as fun

I wanna play this game competitively but I'm shy to speak on mic sometimes!

Did the servers just die?

Then don't be shy

C U T E

Athena Sword had some of the prettiest maps I've seen

thats...unfortunate I suppose

>kapkan birthday charm challenge the week after the frost birthday charm challenge
best ship confirmed canon

let's go boiz

You think they're the type of couple to have a joint birthday party?

shit

this is a gay "feature"

rekt

new ops just leaked

How does one fuck up drawing an MP5k.
Literally just take an MP5 and add a grip. How do you fuck that up.