Post the best driving road near where you live

post the best driving road near where you live

>sea-to-sky highway, fun twisty, fast, and scenic but traffic and cop presence are issues

Other urls found in this thread:

dangerousroads.org/north-america/usa/1324-apache-trail-usa.html
google.com/maps/@57.785146,14.301804,3a,75y,251.84h,80.04t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sKEttmzjiQNzkJ3zh8lX9_Q!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Before

After

Feels bad

man

where is that?

Quake city

Another good road nearby

Forgot pic

That's a bad pic

Also ruined, still closed

too much police presence on a weekend. still good of a night or early weekday run

supposedly the "best kept secret hwy" in America.

map looks fun but I feel like some big rig will ruin the trip if I get caught behind it.

My nigga. Fellow Shirefag by any chance?

Scarborough Hotel does a pretty mean steak, it's where I stop for lunch if I'm doing National Park + Sea Cliff

hey wollongong bro

fun road to drive on, best image i can find. very popular road so often scouted by 12

Curviest road within an hour. With police presence. End my life please.

Licola road

easily my favorite, well maintained, low police presence, and pretty much empty on weekdays and after it gets dark

over rated

Fraser Canyons where its at

That sucks man. I wish driving laws weren't as lame, hooning and canyon carving could be so much fun if cops didn't consider going 10 or 15mph above the speed limit "reckless"

Shit when it's wet, too much surface grime.

The upper half, specifically.

Everyone and their mom knows about sea to sky. Where are some other good ones at

I've been meaning to check it out, but usually I end up following through the natio into jamberoo mountain road and macquarie pass.

Inner west fag - too woggy for the shire

highway 84

Ayyy, kiwibro

Woah, local vanfag. What do you drive?

Fuck that shit nigger, whereabouts is that?

Skippers Canyon, near Queenstown

Ah, just the other end of the other island.

I'll try seek it out if I can ever make it out of Auckland.

Haha good luck mate

Drifto this road sometimes

Maybe.

Maybe in summer.

I'd WRX myself into a tree if I took these Direzzas down there now.

Yeah she gets pretty icy. Crown Range is another good one as long as you don't get stuck behind some tourist

Been on that road. Scary... Beautiful scenery

>Stuck behind a tourist
I'm sure my tiny Auckland mind can allow a car or two within 20km.

It was another 1.4km to the motorway onramp from here.

dangerousroads.org/north-america/usa/1324-apache-trail-usa.html

If you come to Arizona drive this road. Its fantastic. Paved about halfway until you get to an old ghost town called Tortilla Flat nestled in the canyon walls. That's where most people turn back. Keep going. It goes from two lanes of "paved" to 1.33 lanes of unpaved glory. Steep canyon walls, huge drop offs, little to no guard rails, crosses and makeshift memorials every 200 yards. Its glorious. You start off in phoenix metro area and start going up into some hills, then the Superstition Mountains get taller and the two lane road starts twisting and hairpins and switchbacks overlooks and scenic spots for normies. Then after a good 40 minutes of that you get to Tortilla Flat. There's one functioning business there a little bar that's crowded on the weekend. Everyone's minivans and motorbikes turn around there. Then you get to the glorious unpaved section and depending on the lighting and weather it might take you an hour and a half, or even three hours of exhilaration to finish the second half of unpaved glory. You will swear you are close to death. You will see crosses and memorials everywhere and burnt spots 100 feet below where other drivers faltered. The road goes up high on the canyon walls and then swoops low to the river bed and creek crossings (these can food depending on weather). The afternoon sun bounces I behind you on the red and tan desert walls and you finally arrive at the Roosevelt Dam holding back the Salt River and Roosevelt Lake. If your smart you just take the long way home through Florence Junction. If you are worthy, you turn back and race the setting sun out of the canyon. Now you are driving on the edge of the canyon. If you are lucky or stupid you will do this in a monsoon when the dust walls and thunder storms make things more exciting than you will ever hope for again. The crosses on the side of the cliff edges look slightly more macabre illuminated by lightning.

This road actually gets raced on so it has cred.

I live in Indiana and there just aren't fun roads. Even is better than anything near me.

Victoria to Port Renfrew and across to Lake Cowichan is pretty nice. Watch out for deer and the like though.

Beautiful

No cops, but lots of slow traffic. Including lorries.
When it's empty I can take my bike over 100km/h on it, but normally I'm stuck at 50km/h on the straights.

That's really close to where I live and it's a great now back road, and it doesn't look all that twisty, but it really has a great couple of corners.

i know there is better in the UK but this road is still good. got FULLY H E K T I K in my Z4 on here a few months ago and ran into the lake districts own takumi

doesnt look as twisty on the map

super gnarly uphill, man id love to visit europe and drive their super sick backroads.

>1000 kms to the closest sea
>1000 kms to the closest mountains
>all roads are straight
Such is life on an Eastern European Plain.

Devil's Highway. It's pretty fun.

heres the ones I know of

NOYAC IS THE ONLY GOOD 911 ROAD IN THE HAMPTONS, MOSTLY SEA LEVEL THOUGH

AS USUAL THE MAP LOOKS LESS TWISTY THAN IT IS

THIS LOOKS SICK

google.com/maps/@57.785146,14.301804,3a,75y,251.84h,80.04t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sKEttmzjiQNzkJ3zh8lX9_Q!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Depends on what you mean by driving.
Here's a small down hill place in the town near me.

Not near where I live but the blue mountain parkway near my buddy's house in VA is one of my favorite roads to drive my 73 Camaro on

2002 JDM sti

I would but I don't remember where it is. All I know is it's somewhere outside of Lynnwood, WA and I drove it on my way to buy a laserdisc player 6 years ago.

Alternatively Hwy. 9 between Arlington and Mt. Vernon is fun as fuck.

Yo vanbro. What other good driving roads are there with a low cop presence. Cypress at night is fun, as well as marine drive in north van but that's got a lot of traffic on it.