Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

discordapp.com/invite/fd6NtfP
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

just let it die man its better that way

>no tripfags
>no shitposting anons
>no general spastic behaviour

the australian section of Veeky Forums is literally better without the thread, theres a lot less shitposting and still enough posters to get responses in other threads.

It lives on forever

Bought this the other day. Fucking sick as. First manual car I've owned (driven plenty of others before though).

Lots of fun. Enjoyed every second of it so far. Only issue is that drivers front indicator bulb is blown, and to replace it is pretty difficult.

Sweet, You should join the discord and post more pics.

discordapp.com/invite/fd6NtfP

Anyone own a Jimny, the offroad threads are full of yanks. Anyways I hear the exposed electronics gets ripped up easily and it has fuck all bash plating.

Anything other than the swift is useless desu.

First time posting here, new to cars in general, story time; my dad edition

> dad telling me about ford xb gt 351 sedan he had in Melbourne growing up
> used to be (maybe still is) a big drag scene in melbourne
> dad's on apprentice wages and spends it all on his car, 500+ whp n/a, spins the wheels in all gears
> timing adjusted for avgas
> nearly detroyed chassis by launching too fast, front went airborne
> that nigga sold it to some idiot who ran it into a tree and nearly died

Pointless story, but bump

FUCKING CUNT, Have you got pics of it?

No sorry, that was like 30 or so years ago, I'm sure my nan would but that's all the way down in Melbourne, it was yellow though, I know that much

As if the next owner ruined a gt, What a faggot. Have you made your dad proud by owning a boomer yourself?

no your useless cunt, tell me bout my car

It's a Mazda 3 so it's pretty gay. Get a datto ute dude, or you can be a faggot and get a landcruiser, pootrol, etc.

Not yet, I'm on minimum wage and I won't have the money for any decent car for another few months, I'll probably get a miata because cheap and decent handling

You're gonna make pappa sad with that hairdresser car. I do like mx5anons one though. What boomer would you get?

Like I said, new to the general and cars in general, tf is a boomer?

Boomer mobile, aka boomer era cars. anything before 85 imo

I'm not exactly that schooled in cars that weren't made in the 90s, maybe an aw11(does that count) or if I ever got the chance a trans am or some shit

Trans am is more the style, aw11 is pretty cool too but not considered a boomer. How did you get into cars?

you guys need a verified email on your discord account if you want to talk in the channel btw.

Is it wrong to drink on a monday night?

Only if you don't get blasted before you work tomrorw, if you work.

This is clearly not an Australian

Eh, I'm not sure, used to ride dirtbikes a lot because I lived in the middle of buttfuck, when I was getting my liscence we had this tiny suzuki samurai that had "issues" dad and mum never had time to help me get my hours up so I got probably 60+ hours while on learners from driving that thing on dirt tracks and stuff, it had slightly fucked synchros and an extremely unforgiving clutch which made it a fun challenge to wring as much hp out of that thing as possible.

Last time I drove it though the water pump was having issues and I ended up being the one driving it when the water pump gasket blew, dad blamed it on a mix of worn out car + high revs

Kek, Dirt bikes are a big thing here because 5mins out of here is all dirt basically. Hattah races bring in the big crowd if you follow dirt bikes still.

I haven't rode a bike in a long time, last time I tried to get my old xr80 started to take gf out riding (shes never been) I couldn't get it started, carby needs a rebuild i am guessing.

Found out my uncle owns an XC today. Picture related.

Looks perfect, Square headlights too. I'm so glad he didn't put 20+ inch simmons on it either.

Do you know what motor and trans it has?

No idea mate. To be honest I don't know much about it.
It's fucking massive though

My dad actually broke my dirtbike, it was a shitty little 125 pitbike, the suspension was too loose for him and something happened, chain came loose and the fucker destroyed the chain guard, I spent ages trying to fix it, I was like 14 so all I managed was to get the chain to stay on for short periods of time and at low speeds.

Yeah they are pretty big cars, Holy shit looks better with the b45's on it. Have you driven it?

Kek, Did you fix it or throw it away?

Nah, he won't let anyone else drive it. I haven't even ridden in it. But he takes it to Bathurst or something and races it every year.

Your uncle sounds like a cool guy. I hope he's gotten you into older falcons like my uncles did.

What car do you drive?

Nah, I drive a VY commodore. Before that I owned a VR. Next I'll probably own a VF commodore.
I appreciate classic cars, but they're not really my thing.

Oh my, That's probably why your uncle won't take you for a ride in it. VY commo.

VF is a nice choice, way better than a VY.

It was a good deal, $2000 for a mint car. A clear upgrade from the VR.

Oh yeah, VYis much better than the VR, VF is that same leap again but more.

literally the perfect X-series

>ordered part for my car online from within australia
>seller supposedly on holiday yet leaves feedback the day i buy it somehow
>it was meant to take a week but it's been 3 weeks now
>ordered another part from the UK on the same day and it arrived within a week

>have now ordered another part
>"it'll be on the truck friday and arrive monday"
>monday comes and goes
>"yeah we didnt send it yet"

Why are Australians such lazy cunts? This keeps happening. Ordering from Europe is literally faster than buying locally from cunts here.

Depends on the business, I get stuff from the USA faster than Aus places most of the time, PC Case Gear and Scorptec deliver to me within a day.

But yeah, people need to stop being slackers and get shit done, quickest i've had something delivered outside of Aus was 4 days from America.

Don't forget
>Item location

Just means the seller is based in aus, they might not have any stock in the country (I waited 3 weeks for a rad which was supposed to be in my city)

They had the stock right there. I called them and they just hadn't sent it yet.

Ww@ grombros

Straya cunt

Everyone's quiet tonight

H-hi guys just dropping in to bestow my blessings upon this thread goodday
we're all in your discord

Heya cunts, so why don't you guys have the Charger or the Challengers yet? What's the purpose of having a Chrysler 300 SRT when FCA could just bring over the other two? Does the 300 SRT actually sell there? The US and Australia both have similar muscle car backgrounds, I'm just trying to understand why you guys don't get a modern day muscle car that is the Challenger.

Because gubberment won't let you have 707hp hoon mobiles.

They will never be allowed here, even then they'll be fucking expensive.

They'd import camaros before chargers/challengers/hellcats/demons

When did MX-5s and MR2s become so fucking expensive?

All I want is a cheap and fun car that isn't a Falcodore.

Excel.

no.

We're waiting for RHD new global platform in 202x

Alright faggots, since nobody else is going to do it then I will.

Organising a VIC meet to happen soon, but I'm gonna need VIC fags to actually come to the meet.

Reply to this post if you're in VIC and next to Melbourne, and would come to a meetup.

I'll come if you don't host it in Melbourne.

Whereabouts would you like the meet to take place?

I'd also come.

I'm in Frankston

Well im down, anything to get out of Coffs mate

join the discord if you want to, they're organising it there.

Nice.

Yeah m8