/pg/ - Persona General

Last thread Empress Edition

NEWS
>Hashino thanks western piggus: personacentral.com/message-director-katsura-hashino-celebrating-western-release-persona-5/
>New game domains registered: personacentral.com/potential-persona-5-spin-off-website-domains-registered-including-p5d-p5u/
>English P5 DLC schedule: personacentral.com/persona-5-dlc-scheduled-announced-english-release/
>Next major event announced for August 2nd: personacentral.com/large-scale-persona-live-event-announced-august-2-2017/
>New Persona games to be announced 2017: personacentral.com/atlus-to-announce-several-games-in-2017-includes-the-persona-series/
>New Atlus studio "Studio 0" to create new RPG named Project Re Fantasy: personacentral.com/atlus-project-re-fantasy-concept-video-site-update/
>Persona 20th Anniversary radio CD announced: personacentral.com/persona-20th-anniversary-radio-cd-detailed/

INFO
>P5 Info
pastebin.com/MJuR9h0S

GUIDES
>General Guide
pastebin.com/eCHRjKCZ
>PQ Guide
pastebin.com/Bq16HvJh
>P4U2 Guide/Resources
pastebin.com/M3MPepKb

DOWNLOADS
>Art, Guides, Music, etc.
pastebin.com/Vh0CdRit
>P4 Dengeki Comic Anthology
mediafire.com/?4kjjaf0jtw2jyj3
>Persona Image Collection
mediafire.com/?9j3us2v34coua
>Persona 5 Resources
pastebin.com/CZEvEgiE

MANGA
>Scans
personascans.tumblr.com
mediafire.com/personascans#unst48ukbu457
pastebin.com/L3WXvsf3

Other urls found in this thread:

quora.com/What-percentage-of-Japanese-children-are-born-out-of-wedlock
youtube.com/watch?v=o5LQeRgIQP8
sopheliajapan.blogspot.de/2014/11/look-at-me-watch-me-see-me-flashback.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I love Anne!

>Have him struggle to deteremine whether or not he wants to be on the Phantom Thieves side

I remember before the Goropocalypse, people were speculating he would be antagonistic yet feel conflicted and eventually join the PT. People said that was "generic" but it's a whole lot better than what we got.

I want to date Kawakami!
I want to put a ring on Kawakami!
I want to marry Kawakami!
I want to impregnate Kawakami and rub her swollen belly!
I want to rest my head on Kawakami's pregnant belly and feel the baby kicking!
I want to raise a family with Kawakami!
I want to tell Kawakami how much I love her!
I want to grow old with Kawakami!

Claiming bestest girl!

I love my Makoto!

Every time I start a new game I laught when Kawakami calls you troublesome cause I know it kills the Kawakamorons inside

So is Yusuke gay?

So on a scale of 1-10 how accurate is this on losing your virginity?

I can't wait to play Persona 5 Goro of the Resurrection!

me too

Reminder to start sprouting your seeds

Sae is a waste.

I don't know why but the idea that a girl could compliment the way you smell makes me feel much more lonely than I thought it would.

Ann is boring

Akechi best boy!
Akechi is for Makoto!

Last thread didn't hit image limit. Post more to compensate.

Actually thanks, good user!

I think him joining the PT would be interesting and not generic at all.

Because for one, it wouldn't be permanent. He'd help them until at least Shido's heart was stolen, and then he might even help them against Yaldy, but after that he would probably have to turn himself in, or do something else that would have him forever repenting for the people he killed.

PT wouldn't just let him get away with all of that.

>rank 4 with mitsuru
>already conflicted and struggling to ask you out for christmas during a koromaru walk
that's cute

I think he likes ann desu

Losing your virginity is pretending you know what you're doing but failing spectacularly but it not mattering because you're having sex.

Haru and Futaba for threesome

There is no such thing as a straight Persona character

>posting Joker's uncle

RARE

but in all seriousness, fuck off with your image limit shit

You imposter!
I love my Makoto!

I want to date Yukari!
I want to put a ring on Yukari!
I want to marry Yukari!
I want to impregnate Yukari and rub her swollen belly!
I want to rest my head on Yukari's pregnant belly and feel the baby kicking!
I want to raise a family with Yukari!
I want to tell Yukari how much I love her!
I want to grow old with Yukari!

Yukari is love
Yukari is life
Yukari WILL be my wife

Yukari is mine

I hate everyone and I hate all the girls in this series and I hate all their fans.
I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate you all so so much. You all deserve a mental shutdown

>Goro didn't suddenly appear in Yaldy's fight to help you
>He didn't even cheer for you either

So disappointed.

I can't ship Yaldy and Joker. What was Atlus thinking? Come on, man.

They go out to celebrate after each sucessful job. After Kaneshiro, they went to the sushi restaurant.

You need to replay the game

>Makoto x Joker
>Anne x Ryuji
>Futaba x Yusuke
>Haru x Goro

Daily reminder that this is the optimal pairing in P5

>You're waifu's response to being asked for anal

What are some cool demons SMT/Persona introduced you to? I thought Hariti and the Morae Sisters were cool

I love Naoto

I really think that would be the best ending for him. He convinces them to let him make amends by assisting with the rest of their journey, but once the metaverse is gone and Yaldy has been defeated, he turns himself in. Perhaps by then he's developed a relationship with some of them, and is still despised by others, but in the end he turns himself in so that he can atone regardless.

Nah we're not doing this shit

Maybe in Crimson?

How popular is Akechi in Japan?

Popular enough that they would completely change how he died/didn't die in the remake?

Wrong

I love my Makoto too!
sometimes i pose as you if i dont see your specific post

That's the other half of it. In Japan, if someone with authority tells you to do something bad and you do it, most of the blame ends up on your superior. Shido is seen as the real guilty party. And he really kind of is.

But it still really doesn't let him off the hook. But it's important to note the cultural differences in these cases.

I don't understand why people say Goro was written poorly. What would you have changed about him? The thing I dislike the most about him is his resolution but Atlus is going to change that probably. Wonder why they made it so ambiguous in the first place.

How many shitty ritual shitpost does this thread need

How does the turning in even work? Shido already confessed his crimes. If anything the police will think he's trying to lay off Shido from his crimes.

Pretty damn popular last I checked.

I heard that there's some cultural values at play here. Something about bastard children being demonized in Japan or something.
quora.com/What-percentage-of-Japanese-children-are-born-out-of-wedlock
bastard children and orphans, he gets double the stigma

youtube.com/watch?v=o5LQeRgIQP8 [Open]
sopheliajapan.blogspot.de/2014/11/look-at-me-watch-me-see-me-flashback.html

someone post the happy ending!

I've done it once or twice myself as well... I'm too used to seeing it.

How many shitty ritual shitpost does this thread need

Where are her pants?

We need at least 250 ritual post with images included, tho.

they fuggin?

That'd be a horrible asspull.

I think Goro is definitely very popular in Japan. Atlus will bring him back since they love money.

I think Goro definitely needs to do something to atone, but I don't see how he's unredeemable compared to other anime characters. People act like his actions are unprecedented or something.

Summon hotpockets

No but they should

The only accepted ones are Anne is! and Sumaru.

I can't imagine what Reiji went through having a single mom and him being a bastard while the baby daddy coming to beat the shit out of his mom.

Same with Goro. He's the double whammy.

Ask again in the next thread and all subsequent threads.

She can either remember to put pants on or set up cameras, not both

Is there a tracksuit costume set?

She was weirdly cold to her. Maybe this is once again due to her shitty writing, though, since everyone else gave her a warm welcome from the beginning. Not to mention hitting Yusuke for saving her life, twice, once outside Leblanc and once in the Metaverse. Yukari did that to MC in P3 and every shat on her for it, but Ann did that to Yusuke and no one batted an eye. Ann did apologize, but so did Yukari.

>What would you have changed about him?

Didn't we just have this discussion 3 minutes ago?

Aren't we still having it?

Well, all he'd have to do is admit to causing the mental shutdowns. That should be separate from Shido.

Has been falling in popularity ranking lately

Didn't Shinji cheer for you in Persona 3 ?

I beat you think you're real fucking funny sitting in your room on your shitty 2011 phone giggling to yourself as you repost this shit.

I know that. What I mean is that it's less personal.

3-4 characters made for more meaningful interaction than a whole bunch making one comment on something meaningless.

That's where the cameras are, though.

No way fag.

>Midriff

that durr how you eat burger rank in mitsuru's s. link seems to have been exaggerated. it was short but it seemed like the bulk of it was just her apologizing for putting so many responsibilities on you, then establishing that time passes quickly when you're together

>realize for all the squatting Futaba does I don't think she's ever in a track suit.
Well, fuck.

>"P-put it in where?"

No because Japan has shit taste 95% of the time

Well, maybe you're right about that. But regardless, he'd probably have to find something to do afterwards, since even if there's people in the group that come around to him, and if you play Joker as someone who sympathizes and likes him, I can't imagine it would be easy to reconcile with people like Haru, Futaba, and Ryuji.
Basically, as much as I would like to see him eventually become a Phantom Thief for real, I don't see it being likely from a realistic standpoint. Though it probably will happen anyways since he's popular in Japan.

It depends on the person.

Phantom is from Sumaru City!

>that durr how you eat burger rank in mitsuru's s. link seems to have been exaggerated.
If you stay here long enough, you may begin to see a trend.

Ann decided to take matters into her own hands.

more fun mementos facts
>Haru and Futaba want to know what it's like to turn into a car
>Yusuke once aced an exam by drawing something on the back of it
>Makoto calls Goro the "ultimate ally" for uncovering secrets
>Yusuke has not changed the channel on his television since he lost the remote
>Yusuke's room is a wreck, but he considers it to be completely functional
>Anne would rather wear Haru's outfit than her own
>Yusuke likes to doodle on the inside of Morgana
>Ryuji accidentally admits that he thinks Makoto is more manly than he is

What does this meme mean

What is Sumaru City

Anal is kind of dangerous and disgusting, so I would never ask for anal.

Shinji died as bro and was part of SEES. Akechi was your enemy who was never part of the PT, he recognized his foolishness in the end but he never was part of the group

latest official poll was split into categories but had him at #2 for non-party character (after justine/caroline/lavenza combined)

reiji was kind of a mess in p1 because of his upbringing

it's a miracle he kind of gets his shit together eventually

still a better character than Anne desu

>but I don't see how he's unredeemable compared to other anime characters
PT exaggerated sympathy to Goro is nothing compare to Naruto's sudden respect to Obito/Tobi

Aptly put

If they wanted to make him a good villain then he should have stuck to his convictions to the bitter end. They could've written him to be a great rival to Joker and there was something there but it wasn't fully realized I don't think.

Like make it clear that while the PT (or hell, even just some of them) understand where Akechi is coming from, they would still acknowledge that he's fucked up and dangerous. Write out the "friends and teammates are for losers" bit, if anything play up his pride, like he made it that far just on his own with his own skills, maybe have a tinge of jealousy towards Joker since Joker has genuine connections but then he reminds himself of his own accomplishments.

The fact that Akechi is also a Wild Card feels like an afterthought. They could've easily written that part out and just explain that Loki evolved from Robin Hood just like the teammates evolutions. Because otherwise it just begs the question, how is Akechi a Wild Card? Isn't the point of being a Wild Card like... your connections with people which allows you to use multiple Personas? Unless one makes the argument that Cu Chulainn and Cerberus were Personas that Akechi commanded but it seemed more like they were just regular Shadows.

Akechi was behind Justine/Caroline/Lavenza?

Jesus christ that sounds horrible.

every time Makoto gives a nervous sigh I get an erection

Sumaru City is a fictional city in Japan and the setting of Persona 2. In some early pre-release media Joker was vaguely referred to as being from a particular city but didn't name which one. So /pg/ came up with the meme that Joker is from Samaru

How come Akechi can't at least rejoin you with the goal of taking down Shido in mind when Alvin of Tales of Xilla betrays you 8 times and is kept around because he can fight the bigger villains?

>It's less personal
Didn't feel that way.

>3-4 characters made for more meaningful interaction than a whole bunch making one comment on something meaningless.
What is meaningless for you? The buffet scene was full of pointless SOL, wouldn't you call that meaningless? New characters brought forth new interactions and reactions. They were good.

That's fucking dumb. I'm replaying and I'm on the volleyball match day. Just now realizing how much I like the track suits

Hey guys.
Midnight animal.

Do you want Persona to be more like Tales?

But then why is the meme "Phantom is from Sumaru City" instead of Joker?

At least the PT doesn't outright say they forgive Goro for the stuff they did. Kishimoto can't write a bad guy without having a face turn written into their character arc despite whatever fucked up shit they did

It really is considering he actually murdered Kandori. Even though he ruined it by knocking up some chick, it's really surprising how he turned it around to try and be a good father/provider.

cu chulainn and cerberus were explicitly just shadows

So does groo

>Yeah People parrot the same memes so much that it becomes reality to them.

shido already took responsibility for the mental shutdowns, unless goro somehow manages to back his own confession up with proof it wouldn't be enough to overturn that

japan's legal system is kind of fucked

combining votes for three characters does that

splitting that poll into categories probably didn't help either, a lot of people who like justine/caroline usually prefer one of the party members so in a combined poll they'd likely have less votes