BMW General

>2017
>no 24/7 BMW thread

That's because beamers are for try hards and shitskins

t. Assravaged autist

The only people that drive them are 30-55 year old women married to men with money, shitskins, and 18 year olds buying their first used car

Is an assravaged autist as well? Face it, you have shit taste and nobody with more than half a brain likes beamers

>Is # an assravaged autist as well?

Yes, cry more

Lol already got the assmad rejects projecting gj OP

what an hideous clusterfuck.

That's because bmw peaked with the e39

My engine doesn't feel like it's making all the power it should until I redline it a few times. Once I do, it feels great, but before that, it feels sluggish, and it even seems to shake more, especially noticeably under load at low rpms.
Once I let it "breathe" it completely smooths out and pulls much harder.
I don't really know how to describe it. Could my injectors be clogged or something?

It's an M20B25

I'm not a fan of camber but the paint on your car always looks good.

What is your procedure for detailing? Is clay bar worth using?

I never understood why people use the ''try hard'' as a pejorative.

Hmm, well let's try some cheap solutions first

Put a bottle of techron in your tank, that is great stuff. My car is much newer and I use it every 3k miles minimum. If it helps then try a second bottle it should clean it up completely.

You could also try some rislone in the crank though it's probably not necessary

Just face it, they are shit boxes and that's why there's no general for them. Humor me, why exactly do you think im so assravaged about beamers? Is it because you think I can't afford one or something? Any high school stock boy with minimum wage living with mum can afford one.

Bro, this is a looker. Good job!

BMW is the choice for younger buyers (18-35yo) thanks to superior driving dynamics, superior luxury, superior design.
If you like anything but BMW you have sht taste.

My car has 2 degrees of camber lol you probably just think it has more since the wheels really fill out the gap

I detailed it once when I got it last year, just washing it normally since. Yes claying can be worth it.

Try harder tryboy

>why exactly do you think im so assravaged about beamers

Because you take time out of your day to bitch about them on the internet? I don't like chevy, I don't like most nissans or toyotas. Do you think I spend my day going into chevy/nissan/toyota threads and crying about them? No, because I'm not assravaged or autistic enough. I understand that some people like cars that I don't like and it is a waste of time and energy to bitch about it. You like bimmers? Cool. You don't like bimmers? Okay, fuck off

Thanks, I'll try both of those and see if it gets any better.
Unrelated, I was also thinking about putting some blue devil in it since it has some small oil leaks, but nothing that seems like it's worth tearing down the engine for. I've heard a lot of people recommend it.

>they are shit boxes and that's why there's no general for them
then why do honda and toyota get generals

>My car has 2 degrees of camber lol you probably just think it has more since the wheels really fill out the gap
No I agree it is very minor camber, it's not like those hellaflush tards that are riding on the edge of the tires so it's fine actually. The wheels do line up with the fender nicely though I'll say that.

I would like to lower mine too but I want to get coilovers first.

>Yes claying can be worth it.
I've heard it can leave swirls and shit on black paint though that's why I'm hesitant.

It's Veeky Forums most people own shitboxes

The OP is basically asking why there isn't a Beamer general so I answered his inquiry. The other generals are there because they have a large enough audience. Enjoy your Beamer generals though. Im sure all 3 of you have lots to talk about, especially repair work.

I will

No problem dude

Check your O rings and drain plug too, that's usually what causes it

Your post reads off as someone who is asshurt, which is okay you know sometimes you get asshurt in life, it happens

Go back to whatever general you like now, we really don't care what you have to say

Dude washing your car can leave swirls, it's black! Worst color to deal with, but if you get it right, it looks 10/10

If you don't have the slightest clue about detailing you're better off paying someone rather than rubbing mysterious shit and pouring chemicals onto the paint.

Practice on something shitty/worthless enough you wouldn't care about your first go.

Lots of people on Veeky Forums have bmws but okay

We should make a collage like the honda and toyota generals have, sorted by chassis

someone do a collage pls.
I would but i'm on a phone

Well all I've really done is use spray detailer and wax, it comes out looking great every time but I can't help but think sealant and clay bar would make it look even better

Yeah you're right it's better to experiment on something I don't care about, definitely don't want to mess around with that black paint

I would pay a professional but it's like $150, is it worth it?

To me it definitely is worth it as I like clean paint.
Just make sure the person touching it is very meticulous

I'm still not sure what exactly it is you think I'm so asshurt about? Sorry I hurt your feelings. Now I feel bad for calling your car shit, you must really think you have a luxury sedan on your hands. Oh and by the way, if you didn't care what I had to say you'd ignore me

Alright yeah, I'll look into it until I actually master using clay bar and polishing

I think it already looks decent, a pro detailing would probably look incredible

Test drove a bimmer finally and the thing handled like a fucking tugboat steering through sand. Who actually likes this shit? That's a serious question

I call em like I see em, you're the one spending your time and energy bitching about other people's cars, that is asshurt. Re-read my post if you don't understand.

Yeah no it's not a ferrari but they are great cars with a great history behind them. Anyway, you can leave you know.

Which one?

>BMW so shit their $130k track car cant beat cletus's camaro around a track

Wow you may actually be a retard. I could care less about your car, I'm just letting you know why there's no general. You're right, I've got better things to do, I'll leave and come back in 2 hours when this thread inevitably has 200+ replies and half of them are people like me trying to get it into your dense skull why there isn't a Beamer general. Enjoy your hug box try hard

Those new camaros are pretty cool, I wish they had bigger side windows though

It's a supercharged v8 vs a turbo I6, what did you expect?

Read your post out loud dude, you sound really upset and butthurt

>bmw thread
>yfw the average age of every bmw thread is 16 and the average iq is sub 90
Please not these again

Try harder new friend.

I don't need to try anything, you did all the work for me, stay asshurt faggot

I'll work on it. I'm not really that great at graphic design but i could take some input from the thread.

>>no 24/7 BMW thread
That's because BMW has been shit for the last couple of years.

And? Toyota and honda have been shit forever

Nothing wrong with discussing the good old days

i understand the sharp edges and planar features of everything up to so far as even 2004 but what is it about bmw's current amorphous styling that people actually like?

apart from Audi who design their cars with MS paint, what car designer ISNT mass producing amophous blobs? you can blame (((safety))) regulations for that.

>you can blame (((safety))) regulations for that.

This, it is a damn shame

It's just a first trial type thing, I just ripped off the Veeky Forums and /hg/ ones. I think that a picture from the front would be a good guideline, like mine and GS400goy's, I had a hard time making the E60 picture into a square without clipping off the sides, so if you have a better picture, post up and I'll add it to the collage.

Others are welcome, I'm not really sure how I'll add in numbers between the ones we already have, but I'll do that when we get there. I'm not going to be autistic like Veeky Forums and require proof unless it's something that I doubt anyone on Veeky Forums has. I'll put dates in like Veeky Forums though.
Any suggestions?

>box era and curve era
>not posting the inbetween masterrace era

do you even understand what the image is?
if thats your car post a picture of the front and i'll add it

This thread has at least 3x the salt as normal. But apparently we're getting a collage out of it so I'm torn.

In a tryhard sort of way

(it's not an M though)

How's this?

That's looking good already though I understand why you had to clip mine because I cropped it and that stretched the image

Looking good, I'll add them. Also I forgot to mention that the images should be square or pretty close to square, since each car is getting 288x288 but I'll make it work

so true camrys and civics are much more luxorious and have an overall better driving experience

tfw 335i n54 daily driver

That frozen dark blue? Looks pretty

Let me know if the e60 pic doesn't fit well I can mess around with it in photoshop

How is your time with it? I'm thinking of getting one as a daily as well.

Nah it's Cosmos Schwartz Metallic

Updated collage. I moved from using 288x288 images to 288x200 because it works better for pictures of cars.
I also took this as an opportunity to change the way the layers are organized so it makes it easier to add cars in in the future.

someone here must have an E21

Work on the emblem placement but good job so far

Based e36 m3 bro

Looks good. I'm gonna have to take another e92 image to better match the others. If only to satisfy my autism

It's because they're lead designer is a damn Arab. You can literally see it in the designs.

i want to step up to 19" wheels. I was set on zito wp111 wheels until i noticed every transporter, passat, touran, a4 and bmw in my town is allready running wp111s

My e89, feel free to crop or w/e

i'm fucking retarded, here's a front photo like the rest.

>_> fucking iphones i swear. feel free to rotate that...

Gotta standardize the perspective for the collage, boys

screw standardization

What models and years should I be looking at if I don't want to be doing msinysinrce all the time with a budget of like 15k? From a dealer since I don't know enough to buy from a guy on Craigslist.

How and when do you guys do your transmission flush? Buying the fluid for a good flush and a new pan is gonna cost me more than what the local transmission shop is charging. I'm getting close to 100k so I want to figure this out.

You can get a great low mileage E60 or E9X with that money. If you're worried about maintenance go for a 530i or a 330i

>If you're worried about maintenance go for a 530i or a 330i

if you're worried about maintenance don't get an e46 or e60 at all

Also don't know how I fucked up spelling maintenance that badly

Why is that? My e60 runs perfectly after 10 years

Let's see some service and parts records

You want me to post the service history of my car? Lol dude the biggest thing I had to do was change the water pump and coolant hoses.

From the front, that's what looks best on BMWs
Will add it when I get home.

i'll begin dump of my 3 bimmers for the collage
1/3

Nice, e60 Latviabro in the house

2/3

3/3

I've owned three BMWs in my time, love the cars. But even I have to admit, these cars attract shitty drivers more than just about any other brand, X5 is by far the worst at it.

But mine just looks like any 135i from the front ;_;

Guess I'll post a stock photo

total combined mileage of those 3 cars: 1.310.000 km
ayy

Yup, here in socal X5 and 7 series drivers are the biggest shitheads I've ever encountered, with M4 and S-klasse drivers close behind.

It doesn't matter user, it's your 135i and we all know that, take a nice photo

>total combined mileage of those 3 cars: 1.310.000 km
RIP unreliability memes

How's life over there?

>what did you expect
to get something for money aside from a badge to wank over?

>how's life
enjoying low insurance and low repair costs. not enjoying shit salaries and this cold summer
Talking about unreliability - 6cyl diesel BMWs are among the most reliable cars I've ever encountered with and I work at BMW and Benz dealerships.
My friends 2001 E46 330d is at 960.000km or 600k miles, so far we know it's the original engine.
It needs so little mantenance and it's so good on gas it's hilarious

I'm pretty sure a ZL1 costs more than an M4 in Europe, so there's that.

Found my six speed Unicorn!

>Those tires

Will add when I get off work, what's the chassis code for that generation X5?
I'll make an exception for you user :^)

my n54 335i has a small valve cover leak.

how shitty is the job to do myself?

Reminder that when the 7:27 time was set 2 years ago it was among the fastest coupes in its category.
It was built and priced to compete with the Porsche GT3, and it did compete well with the GT3.
It still is faster than any C63 and even the new R8 V10 Plus

Correct, inline 6 BMW's are literally million mile motors if you take care of them.