/civ4xg/ - Strategy/4X General

This thread is for all strategy games that do not have their own thread, focusing on 4X (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, eXterminate).
tags: /cbg/ /rtsg/

Stone throwing edition

>Stellaris
- Pastebin: pastebin.com/PiFa6Eqv (Currently still WIP, additions welcome.)
- WIP Ship Design Guide for 1.5.1: pastebin.com/2QWUPKSh
- Another Ship Design Guide for 1.5: reddit.com/r/Stellaris/comments/61nolh/ship_equipment_load_out_for_141_15/
- Wiki: stellariswiki.com/Stellaris_Wiki
- The Development of Stellaris gamasutra.com/view/news/274018/Postmortem_Paradox_Development_Studios_Stellaris.php

>Endless Legend
- Manual: cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf?t=1413562467
- Wiki: endlesslegendwiki.com/Endless_Legend_Wiki

>Endless Space 2 soon

>Civilization
- Fix for Civ IV BTS XML errors: dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
- Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE): well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
- Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot: multiplayerrobot.com
- District Cheat Sheet: hydra-media.cursecdn.com/civ6.gamepedia.com/2/29/District_Cheat_Sheet.png?version=07510f0f43d7188e00e7046c90360dba

>Alpha Centauri
- Essential improvements: pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
- Official short stories: mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

>Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=914526079&searchtext=infinite legacy
youtube.com/watch?v=pVJpJvdiQOA&feature
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

A shame, I had a OP ready.

I'll have a kid throwing stones in people's gardens next.

What's the best traits to pick?

spiders are verboten
low-key background spiders are double-verboten

Geez. Frogs are forbidden because of Pepe, now spiders are verboten.
What about galaxies? Or dragons? Everyone like dragons, right? I'll go for a kid throwing a stone in a dragon's backyard for the next OP.

Repugnant and Sedentary for the free trait points, then Industrious and Intelligent for those sweet, sweet science and mineral bonuses. If you're going for the Biological Ascension, get either no traits or negative traits (again Repugnant and Sedentary) so that you can actually use your trait points.

Can the Birth of Space Piracy happen for a hive mind? I doubt it can but I wouldn't be surprised if it could.

Dragons throwing stones into a kids galaxy made with clip art.

Common sense says no, so Paradox either says yes because Wiz can jack himself off on it or gives some asspull explanation for why several drones managed to free themselves from the hive mind.

Well I'm 13 years in with plenty of stations and no sign of it yet so I'm saying no for now.

Thanks to based Shroudbro I just managed to BTFO the AE's Titan and secure my soldiers' hold on their ringworld

Sounds like a fun OP.

I'll still sneak a spider in it.

Godspeed, you magnificent bastard. Godspeed.

Welp, in about 40 years I'm going to have 3 AEs out for my blood instead of 2.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>use console commands to five awakened FE access to ringworlds
>within a month he starts building 5

I don't know what I expected.

Is anyone else's ship design UI quieter when you place stuff or is it just me?

Sounds like you're having fun. Has She who thirsts ate your worlds yet?

What mod are you using for those smaller ship icons in the outliner?

Tiny Outliner. Get all of the other Tiny Mods he makes, too. Makes the UI bearable.

Tiny Outliner

Ooooh I didn't know that mod had extensions. Thanks anons

I am not very good at this game, I feel like I should be richer though.

How many habitats are too many habitats?

They are so cheap and make me so much research and energy.

Also, how should I RP the space elves from crest of the stars?

Why can't I be a purely space faring race colonizing orbital stations until super late game?

>those planet names

Okay, before the new OP is ready, I need a screenshot of a Ether Dragon.

Better than Prime though desu

I thought those clouds were kumos

Giedi Prime is the best planet tho.

Clouds? Where?

fug this

SOME MEN JUST WANT TO WATCH THE WORLD BURN

Mods were a mistake

>1.5k minerals a month
HOW
TELL ME HOW

The clock is ticking. 35 years left. Fortunately, influential members of my high command have managed to justify spending resources on using newly-discovered ringworld technology to build a sanctuary should the worst come to pass instead of wasting them on on our constantly waning navy.

Hahaha what the fuck is this shit

No. I know, I was surprised myself.

You're seeing it yourself user, two ringworlds, with 100% happiness and 25 tiles per segment, and Lord knows what else the guy has on his other planets.

We're praying for you, user. Also, do ringworlds become Shrouded by the End of the Cycle?

5 big planets and 8 ringworld segments dedicated to minerals
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=914526079&searchtext=infinite legacy

I don't know why I thought it would be a good idea.

Jesus Christ it's like having a blind girl driving you home after a hot night.

You wanted this. You caused this. It's your fault.

I guess its not all bad.

Does anybody know how long it takes for the Vanth event from LEX to activate after you break the seals? I think it might of bugged out but Im not sure.

Is this from IL too?

No. Because *** Prime is unique to you, so it is easier to identify your space clay.

The ship model is from Elves of Stellaris and the class is from Improved Space Battles. Im just using that standalone megastructure addon not the full IL mod.

Thanks user!

>Also, do ringworlds become Shrouded by the End of the Cycle?

Inhabited ones get destroyed, as do uninhabited ones within your empire. I've never done this before so I'm not sure, but I built it on the outer rim under the auspice of a frontier outpost and then deleted it to be sure.

Today, on "why I love and hate Battle Realm", my units are fucking retarded.
>hahaha I am an archer, I'm very good at pinning your shit faggot
>oh shit a swordsman!
>BETTER KICK HIM IN THE GROIN
>RUNNING AWAY IS FOR PUSSIES
>THIS IS SPARTA
>egh i'm ded

If they ever make a HD remake or a sequel, I hope they'll make units less fucking retarded, because sometimes it feels like I'm playing some online games where nobody care about the objectives and they only want points.

I actually got half way through

Pretty gud user

is there a way to play as a peaceful cryptokike who dont need much military and focus on building ring worlds and providing utopian lifestyle?

>is there a way to play as a peaceful

no

Glorious

Federation and it's as pacific as our United States of America are in middle orient.
You either hitler the galaxy turning it in a space reich or you go "liberation and democracy export".
There are no 100% pacific victory con

Zoo Keepers user here again. It turns out I spawned in a pretty bad place, getting sandwiched between an FE and the completely empty galactic core. I also have this really pissy neighbor to the south who doesn't like me despite my being Xenophile and basically I dindu nuffin -yet-. I'll probably turn his worlds into my first alien zoos but for that I'll need a bunch of ships.

Thankfully, I'm getting on rather splendidly with the FE and I'm basically using them as a Trader Enclave with a very sweet 10:9 exchange ratio.

>is there a way to play as a peaceful
Yeah.
You still need a massive army and you need to be a giant hypocrite to "liberate" the fuck out of everyone instead of just conquering them.

She looks very weak, if you kick her hard enough in the shins I think you could grab a few bags of minerals and escape before they notice.

Wow mean pls don't bully the FE

Just look at this shit
youtube.com/watch?v=pVJpJvdiQOA&feature

This combined with the AI ascension perk picks (which appears to be completely random) really fucks the game at a base level. This is what you get when the developers have deluded themselves into thinking that multiplayer is more important.

are we dead lads

Apocalypse user, do you use a mod for your Eldar Empire besides the Elves in Stellaris thing? I know you use the Asari mod, but do you use any of its features?

IIRC his race has the ageless trait

Ah, thanks user.

Also, anyone care to chime in on this?

I wish Wiz would get demoted from whatever he's doing to a job where he won't be allowed to fuck the game up.

I picked up Stellaris cause it seems cool and Humble made it cheap, but literally every method of display has some fuckin issue.

>Windowed Fullscreen
>Game sits small, not fullscreen, in top left corner
>Fullscreen
>actual fullscreen but the mouse cursor isn't right and is partly under and to the right of the cursor
>Windowed set to max resolution
>starts fine, but at 30% into loading replicates windowed fullscreen issue

Turning off VSync and setting a specific launch option were the suggestions and neither of them seemed to fix it

Guess I'm fine with it. Would prefer if miniature/temporal wormholes were generatable still. Don't care much for warp.

It's better than the suggestions for "you should be able to kill some shit and reverse engineer its drive system" or "investigate a ship's FTL wake to unlock its drive system". Literally no point in that when you can just change your race's engines at the start. It's not "progress".

With any other studios, I would suggest going to their forums to complain, but with Paradox, saying anything remotely bad about the game will get you banned and then told to git gud and stop whining.

Yes, in that order. They're not insane, they ban first and insult second.

Never had that issue
Did you try verifiying your file integrity?Doesn't sound too bad

Here's my settings and everything works perfectly. I use 2 monitors though. 1920*1080

also

>2 unusually bright stars in my starting system's borders

We all do, user. But chances of that happening are basically zero, so we've gotta make do with him.

It's a miracle, Wiz actually has a good idea I can't wait to see how Paracocks is going to ruin it

Well lads, there's been no appreciable border changes or shifts in the fortunes of war. My allies and I have successfully contained the neighboring, smaller AE vassals and I've managed to hold off both AEs with blessings from the Shroud.

Unfortunately, every elf in my empire is now feeling a growing pressure in their heads that can't be diagnosed by our current medical science.

The Admiralty has been briefed that there may be troubles soon, but they are losing servicemen by the hundreds of thousands every year just to keep the AEs at bay.

They report that psychological breakdowns are becoming almost routine in every engagement, ensigns developing a taste for the jugulars of their fellow midshipmen is now commonplace, and even the ship-board AIs have taken to venting crew compartments into the void seemingly at random.

The Admiralty is not told that only one year remains till the date the Dark Gods promised to take their due.

Will continue tomorrow.

The method I've figured out to play the game right now is:
>Set computer scaling in Windows 10 to 100%
>Open in Windowed Fullscreen
>Let the game fuck itself and get smaller at 30% of the initial load
>change scaling to 125%
>game takes up full screen and no cursor issues

man fuck this I have an hour playtime on Steam already and I'm only just now about to get past the main menu

>Windows 10

>he fell for it

>Windows 10

You have 30 minutes left to figure out if you like it before you can no longer ask for a Steam refund.

If I remember right, the limit is 1h30 for 2 weeks. Beyond that, it's fucked.

You have a problematic attitude.

What kind of retarded planet ordering system is this

I'm on 10 and haven't had any issues.

Muh 100%

Habitability you GORVBER

Goddammit, I was playing last night and did something stupid.

Now I don't remember what it is. Is there like an action or history list that I can look at and save scum to change

Why aren't colony ships at the top of the outliner. It makes sense, the ships you have the least of and take the least room should be towards the top since they are probably the most important.

> I got drunk and made a mistake
TAKE RESPONSIBILITY.

How much growth penalty is 40% habitability?

>Less options for the player
>Good idea
I can understand the point of trying to make it as progression, but i still feel is the worst thing to do, in particular because it doesn't fix a lot of the problems.

60%

Read the damn tool tips. 40% is 40%
and 90% is 90%

I am going to hate this?

You will be remembered, user.

But what about 50% or 70%?

40% what? Reduced by or reduced to 40%? :^)

That's quite an exaggeration. I criticise games of theirs I don't even own pretty viciously, and I've never been disciplined. Maybe it's you?

The better question is why can't you organize things in the outliner however you want? Lazy fucking coders.

What tooltips user? I'm not settling a 40% hab planet just to find the number out when it should tell me by mousing over the planet's habitability. All that does is tell me that it impedes happiness by capping it. It doesn't even mention growth for fuck's sake.

It tells you when mousing over the growing pop bar. Growth is a direct 1:1 with habitability.

Alright. How does it start?

Is 55% hab a 25% penalty, because I assume 80% being the 'base' planetary preference having no penalty means so. 0% would theoretically be an 80% penalty?

What the fuck do you think 1:1 means? It's the same the number for one is exactly the same as the number for the other you can read habitability and say "wew this is the growth number aniki"

Actually, you just get +100-HAB% to growth points required. So with 80%, it'll take you 20% more to grow pops. With recent changes, nothing else affects it, all other bonuses affect growth speed instead.

did the new 1.6 patch fix the UI scale issue with Stellaris?

No purging or robots for you user

So 50% hab is 50% penalty. 60% is 40%? 70% 30%. 80% is what? 0%? Because that's "green"
and the species' preferred type, so there really shouldn't be a penalty, but your dumb ass is implying there is. You make it sound like lower habitability is less harsh than higher by saying it's 1:1.

Preferred type, but it is not identical to the world that they evolved to, so it isn't perfect.

So there is a growth malus of 20%

Alright, I didn't know that same-as-home-world-types had a penalty too. Do Gaias have a penalty? I know they're 100%, but if that number goes down to 95%, there would be a penalty? They are supposed to be perfect worlds, so it'd make sense there isn't a penalty.