>Ford

Fords new CEO is considering killing off the new Mustang (which would kill off the rumored Mark 9) and the Lincoln engineered FWD/RWD/AWD CD6 platform that is supposed to underpin all future Lincoln and Ford vehicles

reuters.com/article/us-ford-motor-ceo-idUSKBN1AG120

JUST

:^)

He's saying that he wants to update the Mustang with a new chassis, not get rid of it. Still a sports car should have its own bespoke chassis, some kind of modular chassis made for both RWD and FWD will be a huge compromise.

Most Lincoln cars will be FWD cuz it is cheap to make, and the buyers don't give a fuck.

But the buyers do give a fuck, that's why they aren't buying them

Tell that to China, where they are doubling and tripling sales every year and are doubling last years sales

Brainless insects are the only reason they haven't been folded already, no one anywhere else is buying them

They're quite popular in the middle East, US sales are meh (120k)

>One proposal would shift production of the next-generation Mondeo mid-sized sedan from Europe to Mexico, where it would share an assembly line with its sibling, the Ford Fusion, avoiding the cost of retooling two plants.

Wouldn't this increase the Mondea price in Europe because of their import taxes?

Which countries in the ME? UAE and elsewhere are buying European and Japanese, NOT american

I think import tariffs only apply to private imports. However it would make the vehicles gigantic piles of garbage. I am never going to buy a vehicle assembled on the American continent.

Oh yes you will, just like Americans are stupid enough to buy VWs built by Paco in Puebla

Not as long as there are still alternatives from European or Japanese assembly.

So you say now

Actually I wanna own an oldschool American police cruiser someday just for shit and giggles, but that about fulfills my entire hunger for anything from that god awful continent.

fuck you

Killing off the Mustang would be a step in the right direction for Ford. Ford has invested hundreds of million of dollars into Mustang R&D over the years, and the payoff has not been great. Ford should really focus on the global market, not just America. The Mustang outside of America doesn't sell. Yanks may have access to cheap Mustangs, but that's not the case in Europe. They're expensive here and have to compete with germans cars, which is a hard thing to do. In America, Ford has little competition for their Mustang. It's been the best selling sports car for decades. I would be all for Ford killing off the Mustang, but then designing it for the global market. Start focusing on Europe's wants and needs, not just America. The Focus was a step in the right direction, and the result was great. The Focus is very popular in Europe, the ST version is also a great value. We need some company to come into Europe and force some competition.

BMW, Mercedes, and VW have all gotten lazy. They don't even bother to compete with each other anymore. It's just the same thing over and over again. If Ford made a heavy push in Europe, we could once again see these companies start putting out great cars. Competition breeds new products. And consumers will win in the end.

Everyone knows Europe's a lost cause

Isn't the mustang the best selling sports car in Germany?

The Mustang is probably the most heritage-laden car in America. If Ford lets it go for the sake of profit, that's the beginning of the end for the auto industry.

For the first month that it was available at least. Being half the price of a 911 helps.

Damn. i thought they went full retard with the new GT but they are actually trying to out-do themselves.

Can they at least sell their V8 design to a company that has testicles? as for the mustang platform sell that too. don't let them go to waste. the Modular series is still a magnificent engine.

TVR and Cosworth is going to do it Justice with their upcoming sports car supposedly heading to the US market. shit will be cash.

The Mustang is a global sales success and in fact if you weren't counting the Ranger it would be Ford's most Popular car in Australia. they've appealed to everyone with i4 and V6 and V8 models. you might as well be telling Nissan to castrate the GTR because it doesn't sell as well as the 911. Bad bad BAD fucking move.

You keep taking about Europe, but no where else. Mustangs are selling everywhere really well and are selling like crazy in China. It hasn't been this good since the 60's.

You forget that Europe wants to kill off ICE altogether, which means a new Mustang platform (to include yurop) would need to be electric - making it even heavier and less track capable. Might as well scrap it at that point.

I think they're just gonna stop making it for Europe altogether since car ownership is heading for death over there.

yeah nah that's not true
cadi is much more relevant here

>The Mustang is probably the most heritage-laden car in America
Hmmm I can see that, but I would argue the Corvette is right up there with it.

>I would be all for Ford killing off the Mustang, but then designing it for the global market
Then it wouldn't be a Mustang.

>Shortly after he took charge, Hackett approved a proposal to shift production of the next-generation Focus for North America from Mexico to China, saving the company an estimated $500 million by consolidating two factories into one.
>shift production for N America from Mexico to China

What the fuck is he thinking?

I think he's saying the opposite.
>Hackett also is said to be questioning a plan to build at least half a dozen future models, including replacements for the Ford Mustang and Explorer and Lincoln Continental, on a new flexible platform that is designed to accommodate both front- and rear-wheel-drive vehicles.
He doesn't want to put money into a new jack of all trades platform.

Corvette actually has more heritage being that it's been in production longer, but the Mustang is a cultural icon because it's affordable

No one will want an economy car while gas is cheap and the republicans are in the whitehouse

>actually eliminating the Ford Mustang

Literally grounds for a lifetime boycott of all Ford. If this fat old kike actually kills the Mustang he's going to assfuck so many customers, just so he can get his hands on those delicious poo-bucks.

Someone shoot this kike before he does something crazy.

>it's affordable
Not in Europe. We don't get cheap Mustangs.

So, why did Ford get rid of their previous CEO again? He seemed to enjoy having fun with cars. This new guy hasn't even been in charge for 6 months and he is already anti fun.

>actually not reading the article

you forget that mustangs have entered the american zeitgeist and killing them off in the states would be impossible without ford's worth dropping to the core of the fucking earth.
if they did that they'd probably lose a lot of their market share in everything but the truck market.

No one gives a fuck about Europe. Your gas is too expensive to power a real Mustang anyways. The super rich in Europe are buying exotics, for the most part. The average eurocuck is buying some hatchback sub-2-litre FWD shitbox to haul their baguettes and black foster children.

The Mustang is affordable in America and Canada (North America) - the only continent that matters.

If they were to eliminate the Mustang, the only other real performance oriented cars they have would be that Focus RS and the GT. Everything else is basically some form of cuckmobile/grocery getter.

Although trucks are what Ferd makes most of its money on. They could probably just focus on trucks and still be a viable if somewhat smaller company.

>actually read the article

He wants to replace the Mustang with some useless piece of shit that shares the same platform as a fucking old man town car and soccermom crossover.

That's cuck shit, don't even try to defend it.

Get out kike shill.

They're cheaper than the Vettes
Pic related

This. Their stock would be worthless overnight.

>Hackett also is said to be questioning a plan
>gerund or present participle: questioning
>feel or express doubt about; raise objections to.

that would honestly be the best decision for them. I really don't think anyone takes their incessant churning out of shitty crossovers seriously anymore, and the old man road boat market is kinda dried up since all those fuckers are 900lbs on dialysis and need a forklift, not a glorified crown vic to get around.
literally all they need to produce is fiestas, rangers, and the normal truck line and they'd be fine. let mopar and GM slug out the new horsepower wars.

>relax, Goyim
>we wouldn't replace a cultural icon with a bland FWD economy car
>go about your business

KIKE GET OUT

pretty much this

Wrong dumbass

D6 and the S650 are two different things, Hackett wants to axe both

This, the car should keep its identity for as long as it can (luckily it seems like that will be for awhile since it sells well enough globally anyway meaning there is already a positive response to its current identity)

Making the Mustang more Global than it needs to be would be like making Nintendo more Edgy to appeal to the Call of Duty and Grand Theft Auto communities. Sure, Animal Crossing may not sell 80 million copies like Grand Theft Auto 5 but i never want Nintendo to lose its Japanese Identity. even if the Mustang were to try and appeal to the euro market more they'd still spit on it anyway. its not a 911 and its not an M3. it will be either "that shitty plastic gas guzzling shitbox" or (new globalism stang) "that shitty imitation M3/911". those who like it will like it and those who don't will never have their minds changed.

>The Mustang outside of America doesn't sell

Not in Australia it doesn't

They're getting like the 86s now, they're every second and third car you see on the road here

>No one gives a fuck about Europe
In 2016 American sold 17.5 million vehicles and Europe sold 15.1 million vehicles. You cannot say this isn't a global market. Europeans are on pace to out buy Americans when it comes to vehicles. It makes every bit of sense to start catering to Europe.

Can someone explain to me why the fuck they would not put the 3.5L EcoBoost into the Mustangs? I had convinced myself that Mustangs were a decent buy over this last year because I was under the impression they had the TT 3.5L EB but I discovered the other day it's some meme 2.4 that is also used in their fucking base model Focus or some shit.

THEY PUT IT IN THEIR FUCKING PLUMBERS VANS

THEY PUT IT IN THE FORD GT

THEY PUT IT IN THEIR TRUCKS FOR FUCKS SAKE

WHY NOT PUT IT IN A SPORTS CAR REEEEEEEEEEE

not if you're an american company that wants to maintain your baseball and apple pie image you've retained for 100+ years.

Because any engine but a V8 doesn't belong in a Mustang.

NO REPLACEMENT FOR DICK PLACEMENT

>baseball and apple pie image you've retained for 100+ years.
i like this.
kek!

>I can't read English

The next Mustang should be an almost universal car. Something that has all the regulations met in both Europe and America, including the tail lights. This way the only changes they need to make is changing the steering wheel side. Ford could start shipping out Mustangs lightning fast without having to do the long European conversion.

>eliminating the internal combustion engine
If they end up going through with this, it would drastically change the car culture. I see two likely paths this could go: It would kill the car culture completely with every car being similar to one another, or a new breed of car enthusiasts who study electrical engineering and modify their electrical engines to become faster or stronger would arise. If they ever pushed it this far, it would be more efficient to turn the autobahn into a railroad and start using transit buses or trains to transport massive amounts of people to various locations, it is more environmentally friendly, less accidents occur, and the electrical engine wouldn't need to be pushed as strong as massive diesel engines could do the job and could transport hundreds of people at once, making the pollution per person be lower than that of a car.
>Car with 6 cylinder engine transporting four produces 100 CU per minute of pollution
>Thats 25 CU per minute of pollution per person

>Transit bus with in-line six cylinder diesel engine produces 300 CU per minute and transports 50
>Thats 6 CU per minute of pollution per person

Buses are the future.

>Cubic inches
My mistake.

holy fuck that sounds depressing
>imagine american safetyified cars that look like shit
>multiplied by (((yuropoor))) crash standards

>0.4 shekels have been deposited into your account

Shareholders want Ford to be Tesla. Old CEO said "Fuck you, I'm making fun cars and trucks."

He promptly gets fired. Production of all of all fun things are set to die.

>Ford should make the Mustang universal

Fuck off yurocuck. The Mustang is a product by America, for America. We don't tell you how to sell your shitty Alfas, Rovers and Citroens

god, everything is just gonna keep adopting their shitty focus-style angry shark face front clips so it'll all look like ass because everything has to look angry all the time
god fucking dammit, ford

A car is more than just a mode of transportation.

It is a multi-function machine that is not only a mode of transportation, but potentially a weapon, a means of entertainment, a storage container, a status symbol, etc. For those who see cars as nothing more than a machine to take one from point A to point B, we should increase the amount of transit buses in use and have them become popular, so they can start using them, it would satisfy their environmentalism desires and would allow them to travel similar to a car.

And then those environmentalists will still find some reason to bitch about cars
>the production of car batteries destroys the earth!
>the production of energy destroys the earth!
>What, he thinks he's better cause he's not on a bus like us? FACIST
Shit they already do that

This car is the angriest of them all.

The crown victoria at least had a smiling expression, now every car has slanted headlights with large trapezoidal grills to make it look intimidating.

but it doesn't even look intimidating. it looks like a fucking roided out downy kid. do those new interceptors even go fast? vics looked intimidating as fuck with the pushbars from the right angle and had the ass to back it up. new fords just look like corollas with bodykits.

Why? Are european robots better than american robots?

>killing money making machine

Read first

>Do they go fast
If you spend a few thousand more to get the model with two turbochargers? Sure. The base model is a little slower than the crown victoria with its 3.7 (I think) liter six cylinder engine. They are considerably smaller and tend to have a bit more problems, but I am no cop, so I couldn't tell you, but I can tell you that driving crown victorias is very comfortable and is enjoyable for cruising.

BUT I DON'T WANT TO TAKE THE BUS. I WANT TO WASTE 5000LBS OF STEEL, RUBBER, PLASTIC, LEATHER AND HIGHLY FLAMMABLE BATTERIES TO AUTONOMOUSLY DRIVE ME EVERYWHERE WHILE I TWEET ABOUT SAVING THE EARTH

Still cheaper than german counterparts with same performance.
Im going to buy one simply bevause the mustang is literally the car you get most out of your money in the perofrmance segment

BUT THATS NOT IT!!1!!! I NEED A POLYURETHANE FOAM CEILING TO FEEL COMFY WHEN I TOUCH IT AND A POISONOUS CARPET INSTEAD OF RUBBER TO LOOK NICER!!1!

Where the fuck do companies get this much iron and raw materials? I know the earth is massive, but holy fuck metal is used in virtually everything.

don't vics drive like battleships? I've heard that they're either pretty good, bordering on muscly, and some guys say they're fucking boats without the comfort a true landbarge has in return

Well, they have killed the Falcon/G6 might as well kill everything else. Not like they offer anything of value any more any how.

Only thing is it will prices will rise on anything decent from Ford.

>tfw RS500 will truly become out of reach
>tfw old Falcon become even more expensive even if they are rust

They are boats alright, but they are great boats. Comfort is an aspect that can be upgraded, you can swap out seats, and space is already extremely abundant, so you will never feel cramped in the crown victoria.

>Not like they offer anything of value any more any how.
Yea they do. people were/are paying 20k over sticker for a GT350R and it too will likely become a collector.

buy the V8 or kys

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Sheriffs here put over a million dollars into their vehicles (304 horsepower awd explorers stock) and it took a guy with with a low 9's car to outrun them without getting his plate recorded.

>exploders
for what purpose?

>Muh street racers

Though the city is cooperating with the production/filming of Street Outlaws, even if it required a police barricade of the stretch of road most commonly used by the actual resident street racers.

Eh, I cant buy into the new Mustang. Goes same for its rival the Camaro n Challenger. They probably will be collectable but not my cup of tea.

If I had that much money I just go by 69 Mustang Fast back or Camaro or the 70-73 Challenger.

Hp per dollar the V8 Mustang is the best value.

Sorry didn't read the article or the thread.
But, sedan and coupe sales are way down for almost everyone; SUVs and trucks are what everyone wants with these cheap gas prices.

This except I'd go 67-68 Mustang fastback or 70-71 Challenger. I hate when people say "I wish I could own one of those" when they're half the price of a new one.

Pushing units through the door means nothing when the company is making piss-poor revenue on each unit.

Pic related, 2016 annual Ford results.

>I would be all for Ford killing off the Mustang,
If ford killed the mustang they would have no cars worth even considering.

>Ford should really focus on the global market, not just America
t. Soros

take your .000005 liter inline 1 clinder cuckboxes and get out

Unfortunately he's right, as big as Ford is they HAVE to think globally, if they were only going to focus on the North American market they would have to scale back greatly, and there's no way in hell the shareholder's will let that happen

Except US should always be their core market. it has to be. they are DEFINED by their past because their present is boring global design.

The mustang is their defining product right now. And the Mustang is informed by it's history. You kill that and Ford dies. They are already doing shitty. Because they don't stand out. They practically define "American cars" and they know that. They have a very specific reputation in the American market, as the oldest Automaker in the country. Henry Ford and the Model T are images conjured up to the mind.

Followed by images of 69 Mustangs and 70's Lincoln landyachts.

the whole "one ford" thing they did was always a sham. It worked because gas was expensive and people wanted economical cars, so they COULD sell European oriented cars here. but now, I see more Panthers and GM B bodies on the road than I do modern Fords or Chevys. In New York.

>and there's no way in hell the shareholder's will let that happen
at the same time, the shareholders realize that they need the American Market. otherwise, if they finish killing off what defines the American Market, (which they already have, considering they refuse to put a V8 in anything BUT the mustang, and they keep pushing the 4 cylinder more and more) They might as well just pack their bags and stop selling here altogether, because the Mustang is the ONLY anchor they really have to the US. otherwise they WILL get stepped over by Chevy and Chrysler, who despite their problems, still put out at least 2 V8 cars each. Chrysler has the Challenger and the Charger, and GM has the Camaro and the Corvette.

China is why Buick is still alive.

That being said what they want is almost irrelevant to what Americans want, its why Caddy is being bought in loads over Lincoln here.

>China is why Buick is still alive
It still blows my mind that Buick is considered like a type A grade luxury vehicle in China. My grandpa has a AWD Enclave, it's alright but never in my mind have I ever thought it was BMW or Mercedes tier luxury.

because Chinks are so dumb.

The European car market is hungry for American cars IF they're catered to them. Look at the focus. Ford goes out of their way to make a hot hatch tailored to Europe's taste and it was very well received with strong sales. Even the new Mustang has a very clear European style to it.

The Focus was designed by Ford Europe, ford didn't go out of its way to design it, more Ford had them design it then they used it as the worldwide model

Buicks are good but the brand has a completely fucked image in North America that makes it really hard to sell them over their cheaper Chevrolet or similar GMC equivalent except as quasi-premium rental cars. In China they have a really positive association with the ruling class which makes Buick the preferred GM brand, and they like minivans and small SUVs which are segments American manufacturers excel at.

The Focus is as "American" as a Cortina or Sierra.

Chinese culture is more concerned with the appearance of luxury quality than actual luxury quality.