Help me. I'm way too close to snatching up a '15 Veloster Turbo with 19k miles for $14k...

Help me. I'm way too close to snatching up a '15 Veloster Turbo with 19k miles for $14k. Practically new with a transferable warranty better than most new warranties for dirt cheap.

I'm even staying up late watching tuner videos of them supposedly making like 270+ bhp with only a tune, downpipe, intake and intercooler.

Is this Korean GTI knockoff just a meme, or a legit, much cheaper alternative to a hot hatch?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oM9uqtgRLD0
youtube.com/watch?v=DP0xjs5BJvA
youtu.be/3ZbGdkyrAis
motortrend.com/cars/hyundai/veloster/2017/2017-hyundai-veloster-turbo-first-test-review/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

But you void your warranty if you mod it

Only if the dealer can prove the aftermarket part led to the failure, according to the Magnuson Moss Act.

You really find that pretty?

good luck with that

It's not even a meme. It's just an ugly ass gook box.

Love 'em. I realize I may be in the minority though. Oh well, just means better deals for me.

I don't get it

you can get a fist for around the same price

just get a 3k civic. it's a much better car.

But that tarbo, warranty and 21st century technology

turbos are unreliable and cost more maintain. warranties are unnecessary if you have a nice emergency fund. the civic has 21st century tech too. if you need anything other than a radio and aux jack you should kys. Why spend 14k on an econobox when you could spend a little more and get something much better that isn't an econobox.

It's not the cost of repairs that worries me with no warranty, it's the inconvenience of being broken down in an older car and having my dd in the shop meaning I have to rent a car for a week or two because my shit wasn't warrantied

When will people stop trying to buy this pile of shit? It's a Hyundai Accent with plastic surgery. If you don't like the Accent or the way it drives, guess what? Nothing's changed. It's still a miserable econobox that can't turn.

Huh? VT has a completely upgraded suspension

Spend your money on a turbo Cobalt SS, it's better spent that way

renting a car is cheaper than overspending on a shitbox by 11k.

also, no repairs on a civic take 2 weeks. that'd be the shittiest dealer ever.

>Bankrupty-era GM
>Money well-spent

>held the record for production FWD cars on the Burgerking
>LNF Ecotec engine was quite advanced for a GM 4 cylinder
>same design is still used in Regals and Veranos and anything else that lists 2.0T engine
>great aftermarket support
>still holds value reasonably for a 7-9 year old US coupe

What point we're you trying to make again?

>slightly stiffer
>"completely upgraded"
No. It's just slightly better shocks/struts.

You wanna see a COMPLETELY upgraded suspension?
Drive a normal 2.2L Chevy Cobalt
Then hop in a Cobalt SS Turbo 2.0L
The SS has different:
>struts/shocks
>springs
>ball joints
>sway bars
>brakes
>entire rear axle

in addition to better tires and wheels. The suspension of a Veloster turbo is on par with a Scion tC on TRD shocks with TRD springs.

>The suspension of a Veloster turbo is on par with a Scion tC on TRD shocks with TRD springs.
scratch that. The Hyundai is actually softer according to some reviews directly comparing them.

They absolutely dogshit. Even at stock power they wheel hop like a bitch and can't put power down

Get a Fiat 500 Abarth

Wanna know what else you can get for not much more? A Cadillac ATS

Cobalt SS is pretty stellar. I take it you also think the str4 Neon is garbage as well?

>>Intake
>>Downpipe
>>Intercooler
>>Tune
*B*hp
>>Not Whp
>>On a car where people already complain about horrid wheel-hop and torque steer

Do you now why they're so cheap? Because they're trash.

Just buy a Fiesta ST used for the exact same price. It's a vastly superior car.

Non-turbo maybe

I have a buddy who has one and it's honestly pretty quick. It's decently tight, the paddle shifters are the most responsive semi auto i've driven. The gauges look nice and the seats are decently comfy. Hyundai isn't bad. they're getting the rap japanese cars used to but now everyone says to buy a civic so take it as you will.

Nah the 2.0 turbos. The manuals only came with the 2.0, and look for the premium packages that add Brembo brakes and magnetic rode control

We're talking like $20k Canadian here, that's a lot of fucking car for the money. And don't even get me started on the aftermarket for that little 2.0

BTW, what do you mean "only"? You basically listed every bolt on mod possible short of a new turbo.

>And don't even get me started on the aftermarket for that little 2.0
youtube.com/watch?v=oM9uqtgRLD0
youtube.com/watch?v=DP0xjs5BJvA

Not the fastest. Not the steeringest.
But still very capable and not a completely boring box like all the rest of them.

Non-Australia Edition.

>still very capable and not a completely boring box
oh look. A better alternative

This, they go pretty cheap too

nice box

Jesus, Fat Marah's living up to his name in that second one, poor choice of jacket

I used to own a 12' veloster, white with red black leather, was a pretty slick looking car. Lots of attention from it, from friends and randoms on the road. Pretty fun to drive too, but yeah it being stock it wasn't a race car or anything you could enjoy driving paul walker style.

MFW my brother and his friends would take it onto a main road near our house and they probably floored it and were disappointed by it, when I knew it wasn't anything fast and furious

Wasn't a turbo tho

Saw youtube reviews of the turbo, didn't seem anything drastic or improving from stock. Had way too much tire squeal and slippage when the reviewers gave it the foot.

Holy shit just buy a civic

Over a second faster and better suspension tweaks. The naturally-aspirated Veloster is completely irrelevant.

Jesus christ man, save up a few more shekels and just buy a used ecoboost Mustang if you're that desperate for a tuner car. You're going to spend $3000 to get all that work done and tuned properly just to get 270bhp and void your warranty?

An Ecoboost Mustang has 350bhp and 400ft/lbs with JUST a tune straight from Ford that's covered by the factory warranty AND it can actually put that power to the ground unlike your Korean crapbox. And you know what? You can find 2017's for $21,000 and that's BEFORE any negotiations.

The Turbo Veloster is completely irrelevant. This is one thing that isn't a meme - the car is SHIT.

Yeah bro. Completely irrelevant.

youtu.be/3ZbGdkyrAis

These
Screenshot is Canuckbux too

yeah have fun pursuing that in court

>I want to finance a car bc warranty
>Proceed to mod and tune it
>Blows up
>Fucking stealership kikejews won't fix even tho I got the warranty
Stay dumb poorfags

It is.

All you have to do is unbolt all the shit you bolted on before going to the stealership.

Litterely anything except a lancer or a mini would be better

Probably not a good time to admit I'm looking at Cooper S's and Lancer Ralliarts too

>out accelerates an 86
Not impressed, a minivan can do that

Just get a 2013+ hyundai genesis 2.0t. 270 hp upfront.

I've only found 2 within 500 miles of me through autotrader and cars.com
One was a '16 for 28k and the other was a '14 for >17k
I guess they didn't make that many manuals

OP here, the dealer convinced me to get a new Veloster instead. Just got it financed at 5% for 72 months. How did I do?

great deal op. Get a special prescription glasses to block red light so to not get blinded by every single taillight outthere.,

Colbalts are complete shit. Garbage interior design, garbage reliabilty. Only thing i liked about the one i used to own was the low end torque was better than the civic i owned. Which isnt saying much.

>cobalts are shit
>never seen a ss and only ever sat in his mommy's ultrabase pursuit

Nice bait post. 3/10 got me to reply.

Not to mention their ugly as shit. Sorry bout your colbalt bro.

Cool opinion

It does not feel nearly as sporty as it should. Its suspension sucks, its steering is numb, it doesn't feel like it has as much power as the numbers say it has, it's a disappointment. There's hope for the next one though, because the Elantra Sport actually feels decent (independent rear suspension FTW) so cars based on it will be fine.

That's a pretty good deal though, so I can't fault you for getting it. Just don't think of it as a hot hatch, it falls short of that.

>Cool opinion
How is that cool in anyway? is completely wrong about the Cobalt SS.

>what is sarcasm

Oh shit sorry, English isn't my first language and sarcasm doesn't really exist in my country.

But one weekend in your driveway and the civic is a better car?

Focus ST is a much better car

What country is that?

日本人です

シボレーコバルトは日本で販売された?

My jetta goes faster than this piece of shit and it doesn't look like a croc either

Just buy a used Fiesta ST, that's a piece of shit.

ダイハツミゼットⅡを郵送せよ

You must have a GLI then, which is way more expensive.

VT gets near-Civic SI performance at a Honda Fit pricepoint. That's the appeal.

Would rather have a VT with under 20k miles than pay a g or two more for a FiST that's been hooned for 60- 80k miles.

>VT gets near-Civic SI performance at a Honda Fit pricepoint.
no it doesn't. Only in a straight line is it as good as a Civic Si. Throw in corners and the VT will eat a Civic's dust.

Civic SI: 26.9 on Motor Trend's Figure 8

Veloster Tarbo: 27.2

That's literally 1% slower. Big deal. Won't even notice that.

motortrend.com/cars/hyundai/veloster/2017/2017-hyundai-veloster-turbo-first-test-review/

Seems you're hell bent on getting the velosturd, in which case I offer my condolences to your parents for your FAS

Or you're just baiting

Wat

You ACTUALLY think this is an accomplishment? This is metaphically clubbing a baby seal.

Poor 86, Subaru truly is the GM of Japan
>we mustu protectu WRXu!!!

Dude, just from the "counter arguments" you're posting and linking to it's painfully obvious that you don't have much experience with cars.

The only thing that the VT is good for is curb appeal and style and even that is subjective. It is a poorly made car designed to capture impressionable going tuner kiddies and apparently it's working.

It's bad because they basically took a shitty platform, added some half-assed "performance" parts to make it a bit better, and marketed it as a gofast car for young adults that looks kinda interesting. In terms of performance you can basically achieve the same thing by throwing an eBay turbo kit and a Chinese bargain bin coilover kit on the old been Elantra.

It's a bad car and it has nothing to do with 0-60 times or figure 8's, you bench-racing plebe.

But hey man it's your money - go ahead and spend $20k (because we know that you're also going to get knockoff wheels and "coilovers" for your Korean rice box) on a veloster turbo so you can hard park it at meets.

>The Accent is a bad platform
Except it's not. Accent is one of the most solid vehicles in existence.

Why on earth does one car make you so salty?

This man is mad as fuck that he gets btfo by Korean croc cars.

Maybe if you've only driven Chinese shitboxes you can consider the Accent good, but it's pretty bad compared to a Civic or a Mazda 3

>Mazda 3

Holy fuck are these overrated.

If Audi can tart up a Gallardo into an R8,
If FCA can tart up a Fiat into a Jeep Renegade,
If GM can tart up a Silverado into an Escalade,

then surely Hyundai can tart up an Accent into a Veloster.

I've driven all three, and the Accent is only shitty because of horrible engines

But isn't the Veloster based off the Elantra platform?

Perhaps in your fit of rage you forgot to realize that the Accent is a subcompact hatch akin to the Honda Fit and Mazda 2, and not either of those cars you just compared it to.

Why are you speaking on things you have no clue about?

Accent, but enough of that comparison. Comparing an Accent to a VT is like comparing a Camaro SS to a base ATS. Fuckin stupid.

But the Alpha platform is the best small car platform GM has ever made
Also the VT is a platform mate to the Kia Soul and the Hyundai i20, not bad company tee bee aitch

I've got a 2013 VT.

Get the VT Rally edition. The suspension upgrade is VERY well worth it.

And yet even the Fir and Mazda 2 are better driving cars

The Fit is the modern day 90s Civic

this
Alpha platform is amazing. A 2.0T ATS would make a great handling tuner car

Do you regret it, or like it?

I have consensual sex with her.

It's so hot in conventional colors. Hate that goofy Vitamin C orange and don't like red or yellow. Black, blue white or silver are best

I love mine. Paid 10k for it.

Best economy car I've ever had. Everyone here who is going to tell you to get something else has never driven one. There's nothing better in that price point that comes with that good of a warranty, that good or mpg, and a balance of fun/economy driving. The FiST is the closests but Ford's warranty sucks and a 2015 is likely to be closer to 20k than 15k.

I test drove one and was pretty annoyed by the infamous side-rear blind spot. Maybe not as bad as the internet made it sound, but something to think about.

How have you dealt with that?