[Daily Bike Thread - /dbt/]

Possibly the greatest looking bike of all time edition.

>Motorcycle Q & A
>Motorcycle Related Cartoons
>Motorcycle Routes & Meetups
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Rating
>Motorcycle Pics & Webms
>Motorcycle Dating Advice

>/dbt/ map updated July 2017:
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98

Nobike? Start here:
a2bikes.co.uk/

>Motorcycle Ergonomics simulator:
cycle-ergo.com

Webms with sound:
Previously on /dbt/:

Other urls found in this thread:

ksi.uconn.edu/prevention/wet-bulb-globe-temperature-monitoring/
purdue.edu/newsroom/research/2010/100504HuberLimits.html
climate.yale.edu/news/wet-bulb-globe-temperature-new-heat-stress-exposure-metric
youtube.com/watch?v=KKttT4szNzo
youtube.com/watch?v=zlFXZ3MxPks
youtube.com/watch?v=148CHo8kWP8
youtube.com/watch?v=YvjIjJSpLPY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why is it so hot?
I cant bring myself to put my gear on (street or dirt).
I step outside and feel dehydrated immediately. Fuck this planet

Gosh, what a cutie.

U wot m8?

>greatest looking bike of all time
But my bikes are the greatest looking bikes of all time.

Sweet cafe bikes

>find the only curve within a 20km radius
>the only vehicle I see for 10 minutes is a truck right in the middle of it when I get there
EVERY TIME

PRAIRIES A FUCKING SHIT

>guy cut off by 75 year old turning left literally 5 minutes away from where I live
>dead
It wasn't even rush hour or a fast road. Old people shouldn't drive.

The sun.

And greenhouse gasses preventing ocean temperatures from returning to regular winter ranges annually.

But mostly the sun.

Thanks. I had no idea.
Fuck the sun.

Sorry, user, the mc22 is a rather nice looking bike but it just doesn't compare.

I wish plates could be mounted up front

>tfw all of the H2s I can find are $13k+
Gonna have to wait on it ;_;

(Seriously, everybody look up "wet bulb temperatures". Then drink water like your name is private.)

Rip in piece
It pisses me off to no end that the elderly are just given a pass to endanger lives when so many of them are unfit to drive

I had an accident back on the fourth of July. My bike is fine, but I don't feel like dropping any more money into it. I rather get a new bike. It's a 2005 GSXR 600. Any recommendations? I'm thinking like a $3,500 price range at best. I mean, I could go up, but I don't feel comfortable yet buying a new bike. Also, anyone else ever been in an accident where you feel alot more cautious and or just scared? Or is it just me?

What?

F

Surely a 1970s 2smoke bike will cost you more than just the price to buy it.

>Possibly the greatest looking bike of all time edition.
That's not an Indian Scout

They do that shit in India. It looks awful.
It also makes motorcycles more dangerous to pedestrians in the event of a crash.

Plate looks awful anywhere
Easier to mount up front
Fuck pedestrians

Ew

I can do that stuff myself, it's not too expensive. It's the initial price that is the killer. I'll definitely pick one up in the future though.

Precisely.

>that steering damper
how the fugg

At least post an attractive cafe bike if your gonna post cafe bikes

Touring season may have ended early guise. The temp company landed me a temp to hire gig. Decent pay, but it's swing shift.
My commonlaw marriage won't withstand 5 days of watching the other sleep, then two more of me being on the road without her.

....what other bike is cheap? Maybe I could put a larger tank on a sabre and have her ride my current...
Are VF750 engine parts readily available? Anybody own one of the three?

how to properly learn how to lean off? im currently using counter steer but i already feel that its holding me back when it comes to corner speed. any tips for a beginner?

How are these bikes? Is the trail 90 better or the 110? How are they for commuting? Touring?

Some guy toured the world on the cub version of the 90.
Just not very fast. Like... painfully slow. Especially for the price. Why do you want one?

Look up body positioning.

I do this
>Slide butt 1/2-3/4 off seat to side
>ball of foot on inside peg, whatever position your foot needs on outside peg to lock on tank and let you push down on it
>Point inner toe away from bike
>lean in and slowly drop upper body down into corner at same time
Upper body should be like you're trying to kiss the mirror. remember to look through corner.

same thing happened in my town like 2 weeks ago. guy didnt die but was severly injured. really felt sorry for him

Primer
ksi.uconn.edu/prevention/wet-bulb-globe-temperature-monitoring/
Research
purdue.edu/newsroom/research/2010/100504HuberLimits.html
Compliment
climate.yale.edu/news/wet-bulb-globe-temperature-new-heat-stress-exposure-metric
Conclusion: Drink water. It's more important than ever.

I hope you're memeing me right now

thanks. what are you riding? im currently on a cbf 600 which is more like a sportstourer and so far i tried to lower my center of gravity, but its still difficult for me to find the right corner speed. once im more or less on the edge, the other time i feel like im moving towards oncoming traffic

>what are you riding
MV Agusta F4.
>It's still difficult for me to find the right corner speed
Are you even hitting the edge of your tires? Scraping peg? If not then you have more room to turn. You just gotta psyche yourself up to do it and push that last bit.

Countersteering initiates the lean regardless of what you're doing. Leaning off reduces the amount of lean the bike needs to execute a given corner.
If you're not scraping pegs, there's no need to reduce angle yet. Get a feeling for when that happens, and in the meantime focus on clamping your outside leg in, while maintaining focused gaze and a light touch on bars.

They look comfy and seem pretty reliable. A tad expensive though. Do you have any better alternatives to them?

Oh also, on my local Craigslist some guy swapped the engine for a 125cc lifan

thanks for your input guys.
>Are you even hitting the edge of your tires?
i have about 0,5-1cm of chicken strips left, currently riding pilot road 4's, should i push them a bit further?
>scraping pegs
only happened twice
thing is, i feel like i should learn the technique as fast as possible, to give myself some room for error. are there any good videos or articles like the pic you have posted? id like to know the basics behind what im actually doing, i think it helps me learning how to do it properly

Honda elite/Helix. Or rebel/nighthawk 250. All .8-1.5k. All 70+mpg. Scooters are automatic, if that's your fetish. Bikes are bulletproof and everybody wants to come and reminisce about their time with the engine.

Twisty wristy too.

An XR100 would be 10x the bike for less money
I get that they look neat. But the novelty will wear off quickly and youll realize you have an overpriced boring bike
Lifan a shit

tfw no dual headlight aesthetic baiku

Chief > scout
;)

>Not touring year round
Y tho

What's your dream bike? lads

thanks, just downloaded it

Goldwing, blue

The SCR 950
Looks fun as heck
Also Triumph Bonnieville cause Steve McQueen

I have it.

Previously, no good raincoat.
This year Imma buy the matching top, though. By the end of last spring, there was no wax left in my cotton jacket.

I want to get a 4cyl bike at some point, and if I do, I want to learn how to do this. What's the best way to go about learning to do it? I imagine it'll be like learning an instrument. At first I'll be terrible at it and it'll sound like shit. And are there any mods required to get the bike to rev so quickly?

youtube.com/watch?v=KKttT4szNzo

youtube.com/watch?v=zlFXZ3MxPks

youtube.com/watch?v=148CHo8kWP8

Being wet isn't that bad. Suck it the fuck up

Get a stunted out 954RR

You'll want a stunt cage, and modify the idle. Some people also do 55t sprockets.

Prepare to have no top end.

Boso sabre. Hondaline bags. Hakubi Ryoko livery.

I'll settle for something modern.

F

CB1100/CB1300.

>mfw I just noticed his shoe in the picture

video of the day:
youtube.com/watch?v=YvjIjJSpLPY

At an optimistic 40 degrees? In PNW continuous rain. Going 45-70 mph?

I have literally never used the term "nobike" in my 2 years on this board, but fuck off. I'm a commuter, and a combined 1.5 hour daily ride has been more than enough for the last three years.

Why would I need a cage, modified idle, and different sprockets to rev the bike like that?

You don't. Look at their wrists then go outside and half clutch it.

You seem upset that they'd purple who are more tolerant of the elements then you. Thats unfortunate.
Anyways, enjoy being mad for literally no reason. It's funny

A really fast one that was set-up and tuned specifically for me by a team of mechanics. With fresh tires.

How are you liking the cbr? always been a fan

Purple is an apt description. If I'm going to do serious tours, probably on this side of the mountains only, waterproofing is essential.

>2 years
Pfft. I've been here since there was only 2 boards.
Fucking newfags

Again. It's not that bad. You're just not tough enough to deal with some elements. There's no shame in that big guy

Enjoy the frostbite, because physics doesn't care how big you think your dick was.

Your newb is showing kiddo

are triumph bikes worth the money?

They arent THAT expensive.
But yeah, good bikes

Only the rocket three. Unless you're a hipster

/dbt/ pls help, I need to pick one asap so I get it on time. this is pretty much what I can afford that has reasonable reviews

>standard upright
>hipster
What?

for a str8-outa-unifag, it's a bit of money for the immediate future

anything modular

Don't use words you don't understand, son

thats what you get for living in laval

anything full-face

So you don't know what you're talking about.
Ok then

>tfw riding with perforated leather / mesh jacket on the freeway when its under 20c/68f

Hipsters flock to triumph. But stay mad it's ok. Font forget to tip your pbr

Still better than Montreal :^)

I've never once seen a hipster on a triumph.
Not sure where you're getting this stereotype from...

tfw riding in tshirt and joggers

Huge pussy much.

I was leaning towards the hawk even though it's the most expensive and white it's my favorite because the jaw actually detaches, it doesn't just go up which allows a much bigger face exposure with the shield up while still protecting the face. though the smaller size and the way it snaps off seems like it could negate the point of face protection, like it would fly off if I actually took a fall?

in training I really liked the bigger exposure to breeze and such of an open-face helmet, especially the one I used that has a fixed shield with no jaw, but I realize they protect you less. but the traditional modular helmet has to have the jaw totally up to become open-face which not only looks dumb but might be a bad idea when riding.

Your aspergers is acting up, child

You want to try helmets on first, they all fit different head shapes. I would honestly feel better buying a lightly used hjc or something over an ebay/amazon special.

enjoy your road-rash

Its far more aspie and far more childish to stereotype.

Its 15c here, just got back from a 4 hour ride going about 130-150kmph. Mesh jackets are cold! Cold!

Are you new to the internet nigger?

You would not last in the cold at all

>anime
Oh I'm sorry. I want aware of your mental illness

But I live and work outside year round in Northern Alberta. I know what cold feels like, and mesh jackets are cold!

>I'M A HUGE PUSSY
>I PROMISE