R32 GTR

redpill me on this car please Veeky Forums, no specific year required

Other urls found in this thread:

importavehicle.com/vehicles/19/1999-nissan-skyline-gt-r
jdmautoimports.com/1992-nissan-skyline-r32-gt-r.html
importavehicle.com/vehicles/91/1990-nissan-skyline-gt-r
importavehicle.com/vehicles/101/1992-nissan-skyline-gt-r
twitter.com/AnonBabble

BWAAAAAP VWOOOO BRUM BRUM BRUM BWWAAAAAAP PSSSHHHH BRUM BRRUUUUUU BWWWWRRAAAAAAA BRUM BRUM BRUM PSH BWAAAAAAP

whats with all the r32 posters lately?

Remove the boost limiter on the reference line going into the manifold, make the cars actual power.

>redpill me

don't come back

fuck off shlomo

why would jews leave when they are the master race?

you know redpill was a term used long before /pol/ became a thing, right...?

Fast enough, well built, well engineered. Not anything unbelievable, just an all around good car.

Unironic reply:

They are good cars. Truth is, that even tho with each generation they get a little bit heavier with no power increase, the later the skylines go (R31, R32, R33, R34) the more shit they fix and improve, like with the weight distribution, suspension, aerodynamics, etc.

As far as the car goes, AFAIK its ok. Its not indestructable. Its not a 2JeyyZee. Its not ultra light.

Its just a good engine and a good car. But since only japs and europooreans can have them americans drool over it.

so the 2jz is better and thus a supra is a better choice?

Its not a supra vs skyline thing like that.

The 2JZ is more reliable, or so they say.

The RB26 makes more power with the same psi and displacement, or so they say.

Supras are easier to get in the US, but they are RWD and also quite heavy. N/A supras barely got you about 130 mph. Skylines are slightly lighter.

americans can own 32s now thanks to the 25 year law.

t. american importing a 32 gtr

It's shit

For a shit ton of cash.

Good luck anyone that wants an R34. I want it too but considering that there is a quarter of them compared to the R32, are more popular and more wished, they are gonna be at LEAST 30k USD when they begin shipping.

lol it's nearing 100k in Canada for a good condition R34 GTR. you guys are gonna get it even worse.

34s are going to be 50-60k USD by the time they're legal.

There were only ~11000 of them made new. That number has dwindled.

Doesn't surprise me.

I dont know why they made so many R32 and yet so few R34.

30k? lmao i want what you are smoking.

dude they are already pushing 16-17 million yen in japan. and they arent even legal yet.

international vehicle importers has a california legal show and display r34 for sale right now for 150k.

importavehicle.com/vehicles/19/1999-nissan-skyline-gt-r

>california
>road legal
>before 25 year old

I am not taking that price without a grain of salt.

I BELIEVE you. But that price is not trusty for every single R34 that comes.

here are a few at auction right now. the good ones are starting bidding at $60,000. they will be pushing $100,000, if not $200,000 USD after importation when they are legal.

No. The price will go down when they become legal. But not by much.

What if I buy one now and leaving it at my families house in Japan, then ship it to the US when it is legal? How much are they going for right now?

Meant to reply to

Nvm, just saw this
That really sucks...

MISHFARINGU SHYSTEMU?

>What is supply and demand

>there is more supply
>getting one will be slightly easier

>ergo prices will go up

Unless you mean that the image you posted was in japan you are wrong.

Lol, no they wont.

The price of R32s have really increased since they have become legal to import. Doug Demuro bought his 32 GTR from Japanese Classics for 21,000. That was only what, a year and a half ago? it had 31,000 original miles, and was stock with R34 GTR Rims. find me a similarly specced 32 GTR in that price range and i will buy it.

jdmautoimports.com/1992-nissan-skyline-r32-gt-r.html

importavehicle.com/vehicles/91/1990-nissan-skyline-gt-r

importavehicle.com/vehicles/101/1992-nissan-skyline-gt-r

Great car.
R32 interior is shit.
Air vents tend to break.
Ceramic Turbos don't like to go over 15 psi.
Coil packs crap themselves at about 150,000 km
Fuel economy is shit.
Other than that a good solid car and investment.

I almost bought one back in November.

Biggest problem I ran into was insurance. My insurance company suggested I register it as either a classic or an antique so it would be appraised as part of the policy, because otherwise it likely wouldn't be insured for its true value. That may not be a problem for you if you don't intend for it to be a daily driver, but it's something to keep in mind.

i got a quote from Hagerty for 5,000 miles a year insured at $30,000 for ~200 a month. Im not sure how often you were going to drive it but i know that should be enough for me.

do insurance companies actually verify those values are as they should be?

I'm actually not sure. i just wanted a quote so i could ballpark what i would have to pay.

That's also for a currently legal one, when they aren't* currently legal. Plus, it has the special Midnight purple paint. I bet they'll be as low as $100k come 2024.

see
nice ones are already starting around $60K at auction in japan. thats auction prices. we still got 7 years to go.

YYOOOOOOOO, DASH RIGHTU. NO WUN KUN COMPRETE WIF TEH SUPUH ULTA MISHFIRUNGU SHYSTEMEDU

DOOORRRIYYAAAAAA

>you can buy a used R35 for a cheaper price then a R34

hopefully, the 32s go down in the coming years. oh who am I kidding they'll probably jump up to 50k.

Yeah, ive been watching the R32 market since they became legal in august 2014. I wouldn't be surprised if they keep steadily climbing towards 50-60k after importation, then level off. They really have gone up a lot in the last year.

The R34 jumping up so high in price I get, I just don't understand why R32's are so highly valued in the states.

cuz godzilla.

Theyre awesome cars. Look at the Supra. you're gonna pay 50-60k for a nice condition supra, and youre looking at similar performance numbers. 2JZ might be more reliable than the RB26, but doesnt have nearly the same heritage. And it isnt just the states where they are highly valued, their price is going up in japan too.

I guess I underestimated how hard R32 boners were

Because aside from certain years of R33 which have been legal for awhile due to Motorex a long time ago (before they got shut down for bringing in cars that weren't in their crash test window) R32's are all we can bring over here. Once R34's are here R32's prices will go down here, but I still don't see GT-R versions becoming super cheap by any means.

you know it wasn't commonly used on Veeky Forums before /pol/ started spilling over