>Collection of Nexus Weapon Links:
pastebin.com/Gv5vnQi0

>/fog/ Asset and Mod Repository
>Mods & Rips etc:
pastebin.com/q5ryvSZc

>GUNetwork
>Rips (Primarily for NV):
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B45SllNAhiQscHhxR28tZ1FwNTA

>How to Convert Skyrim / Oblivion / NV / FO3 etc. Models to FO4 & Bodyslide Guide:
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

Pre-War thread:

Darn, would have been neat.

Too big

I'm going to play new vegas for the first time, what i'm in for ?

18 carat run of bad luck.

A game that was rigged from the start.

A strong RPG and weak shooter, which will be thoroughly enjoyable on the first few runs but increasingly tiresome as you go through the soft railroading of the first act over and over again.

Is it just me, or is it nearly impossible to design a vault and then not keep changing your mind on how you want particular features of the vault?
Watching Gophers vault building videos inspired me to go back to Vault 88 and start building my own one again... which pretty much immediately got me doing the same thing as he does: building something then changing it because of something not quite being right/having a better idea.

Is it just me? Or is that common?
Doesn't really seem to happen with other settlements, I can typically plan and build without issue.

>soft railroading
I bet you've never jaywalked in your life.

Another kick in the head

BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG IIIIIIIIIIIIIRON BIIIIIIIIG IRON

>Health Care Division Synth Uniform
>originally get it to roleplay with Cait as her personal pleasure robot
>it actually looks cool as a real outfit if you put all the parts on and make it not so slutty
>wear the less slutty version all the time now
Everything went better than expected

Someone who ain't a Khan or a fink.

JOHNNY GUITAR

AVE, TRUE TO KAISAR

It is softly railroaded though; if you stray from the suggested loop from Goodsprings to Vegas at low levels you'll likely get fucked by cazadors/deathclaws/super mutants. It's clear that Obsidian really wanted the player to follow that route for the sake of establishing the setting and factions, but once I'd done that a few times it became a chore. The alternative of just bumrushing past quarry junction wasn't much fun either.

>you'll likely get fucked
>likely
oh hey, you conveniently made it so I can't provide an anecdote to counter your shitty argument

You're learning! Wow!

Kaisar Soze?

100% Agree. Going straight north of Goodsprings is certain death for all but the most experienced and equipped.
Going dead east from Goodsprings brings you to the invisible walls, and going down south then looping around skirting around the deathclaws brings you face to face to the mutants.
It can be done, but good fucking luck doing it.

There's a 85% chance of getting fucked if you go past the quarry, 99% chance of getting fucked if you go north of Goodsprings. Good luck.

That's not how percentages work, user.

>Install Horizon
>Planning to go into energy weapons for the first time in fucking ever
>Go into Diamond City (Spawned near there) to buy fusion cells
>1211 caps for 50

No one's dick is that fucking long. Not even Long Dick Johnson, and he had a fucking long dick. Thus, the name.

How accurate is the damage readout for shotguns and how do they work in four? Would you be better off with a slug modification that has slightly higher damage or the regular, do multiple hits matter? help

On my first playthrough, I didn't know that you *had* to go through Primm, Nipton, Novac, Boulder City, and 188. I went straight to Vegas by heading North from Goodsprings. I like guns, so I was loading my character up to be a gunslinger. I chewed through the 3-5 Cazadores and snuck past a couple deathclaws. I ended up in Freeside at level 4, Vegas at 5.

Fuck your whole argument, is what I'm saying. I've played the shit out of Vegas, and never had two identical playthroughs. I struggle to do the same with Fallout 4.

shotguns are ass unless you have rifleman, its a bleed/explosive/the one that does more damage on consecutive hits and its automatic

What the hell do you mean by that? You can't simply say that's not how they work and not explain why. You know damn well that I'm right.

I would've liked New Vegas a lot more had it not been for the invisible walls. At least Fallout 4 used physical walls.

You don't have references, you're just pulling numbers out of your ass.
You haven't even tried it yourself, because there are paths without cazadores or deathclaws.

Fallout 3, sorry. Not 4.
Though that also is true, I suppose. No invisible walls in 3.

>Implying I haven't tried it
I know there are paths, but deathclaws and cazadores roam.

wot mods

im a newfriend to /fog/

So you're making shit up and you still don't know what I'm talking about. What, do you think the red blips on your compass are friendly?

Face it, faggot, FONV was a terrible game when it came to forcing you to follow one path only.

>People still argue about going north or through the quarry not being viable because muh instant death
>You realize these people never explored
>Never attempted to sneak
>Never used the stealth bois to go through minor inconveniences
>They're so adamant that it's pointless to even converse with them because no matter what they need to be right
>Obstinate for no other reason than it being their cardinal truth
>Really they're just bad at videogames

Then I guess we're down to personal preference; I think my first run of NV did involve me sneaking between Quarry Junction and Black Mountain after getting my dumb ass lost, and after doing it my thoughts were along the lines of "fuck this, never again".

I also find it interesting that you seem to have the precise opposite problem that I do; most of my playthroughs for NV ended up feeling mechanically identical, while FO4 (despite being an absolute shitshow in terms of roleplaying) has given me a lot more mileage with character concepts.

>wot mods
wot game

>forcing
i went north from goodsprings straight to the strip and never had this problem of railroading. just stealth boy and a laser rifle vs the cazadores. it was hard but not the hardest thing i ever did in the game. made it more interesting since i never did it before.

Hard to find physical walls in a fucking desert, my man. They tried to use mountains and whatnot as best they could.

OPs pic

What folder do I need to add to nifscope to see meatcap textures? Using MO

except for those invisible walls on the border

I don't know any game which doesn't have those (excluding games which have no border due to random terrain generation.)

data, go through options, settings, then resources and add the folder

Actually, right after posting this, I remembered; GTA: San Andreas.

There are really only 3 mods in that picture

the body itself, which you will find by googling "cbbe fallout 4"

the lighting/visuals, which you will find out more bout by googling "flout 4 shadows and enb"

and of course the outfit itself, which you will find by googling "fallout 4 bunny outfit"

not really an answer my dude, i'm using a modded shotgun that has decent damage output, i'm just tryin to figure out if i'm better off using the slug or typical ammo.

w0t about the armor mod on the left

>slug is higher damage
>wants higher damage

Oh, now you can just fuck off. New Vegas had the most player choice of all the canon fallouts.

Got it. Is there differencve between Wrye Flash bashed patches and FNVEdit Merged patches?

Jumping jesus on a pogo stick

I took another look, Piper's hat is at least a retexture of the sea captain hat as well.

I guess there is a mod for the dirty skin textures too, I don't think cbbe comes with that option on its own.

That movie was pure Kino

Yeah, it's Nuclear Nude.
Dude spams his waifu all over the image gallery which I'm guessing is where OP got that particular image because of the Nexus style file name.

It's easy to figure out that difference in personal preference. You like playing out how a particular character would live in the CW, while ignoring the shit that contradicts it, or adding your own spice to an established character. You probably love the lore and coming up with head canon.

I like playing the games. A difficult situation is a challenge to rise to. I like my characters to be blank slates that I project on to or create a person who could exist in that world and play as them. Fallout 4 is too damn easy and way too limited in player choice.

It's funny, New Vegas was not a great shooter or combat sim, but it's still more fun fighting for survival in the Mojave than romping about killing everything in the CW in the better shooter of the series.

God now I remember why I thought of moving my NV to a drive when I changed hard drive.

These fucking patch for a patch of a patch mods are pain in the ass to keep track of.

yeah, just random stuff from the nexus I thought was cool or hot.

Dunno who you're talking about though.

>get 10 agi
>PN sprint
>do stretches beforehand.

Invisible walls on the border help my immersion desu. I find it hard to believe that a state representing California is supposedly an island far enough away from the mainland that you'll only cross the ocean in a passenger jet. I find it much more easily to accept that while the world is very expansive, I need to remain near the conflicts that involve me.

This slut is in the wrong side of the wall.

>Most player choice
>Implying like all fuck
Had as much choice as Fallout 4, only difference being that it had more skill checks.

>cool or hot

whats it like having fucking trash tier taste?
>he actually likes nexus tier waifus
w
e
w

But that's the genius of the design. In spite of what you may think, RPGs are supposed to have a story for you to complete. How you accomplish it and what your goals are for accomplishing it are vastly different because it's an RPG.

The game world is specifically designed in a way that it slowly but surely delivers unto you a more challenging experience.

They even did this in the first game, you could go to the supermutant base at level 1 by just walking left past the mountains. But you'd be fucked.

So frig off with this "railroad" bullshit. I'd much rather have a mission I can complete than the game saying "there is no le story. have fun doing nothing! :^)"

My two cents of course, but I feel that in any entertainment medium that isn't sports or simple games(like football or chess), a story is vital to keep your interest. And New Vegas keeps you pursuing the story.

Act I, it's all about finding the cockweasel that put a bullet in your head. And by the time Act II comes around, you have already formed your impressions of the many factions: The democratic but byzantine NCR, the cruel yet safe Legion, and the mysterious and enigmatic House. Based on how you feel, or how your character feels, you can become the catalyst that transforms the status quo of Post-Atomic America by just deciding who you want in power. Or you could go and fulfill your lust for power by defying the armies of two nations and a super genius with nothing but your wits, to became the unquestioned ruler of new vegas.
Act III is when all the pieces fall in place. The decisions you made, the people you've befriended or antagonized all meet at The Dam. Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny.

So yeah, New Vegas is a great RPG that could've been one of the best of all time if Obsidian didn't make a habit of dropping the fucking ball on every game they made(Lookin' at you, KOTOR II)

Still look better than Skyrim nexus waifus.

Piper's vanilla face, and someone who could be a vanilla settler npc.
Dunno what you're talking about.

ooo nexus boogeyman.

>The game world is specifically designed in a way that it slowly but surely delivers unto you a more challenging experience.
Not him, but games do this better by level scaling then by turning the game into an MMO style, on rails, type of game, where you can only complete parts of the game in a certain order because
>MUH SET LEVELS!

>He uses Buff's Piper face

Can you play Fallout 4 however you want from the beginning? Sure, but can you do it and play the game from start to finish? No, because eventually you'll need to get back to MUH BABBY BOY. In New Vegas, every quest has multiple decisions, your character is any fucking character that could be a courier as an odd job, and you can do literally whatever the fuck you want and complete the main quest. Kill everyone? Your Vegas is desolate, but it's yours and the game is complete. It's not either I TOOK MUH BABBYS PLACE AND CARRY HIS LEGACY, or I KILT MY BABBY AND NOW THE COMMONWEALTH BELONGS TO (choose one) THE BROTHERHOOD, THE MINUTEMEN, THE RAILROAD.

How do I get this little menu it's showing me to appear?

I've tried installing with Mod organizer, it doesn't give you that.

>game suddenly has the red diamonds surrounding fucking everything
shit. i thought i was all fine but now this is happening? why the fuck was it normal one second and then this happens?

t. nexus premium subsriber

that is some fucking bottom feeder shit.
>those piercings
>that jaw
>that brow
nigga get some taste

Can you play Fallout New Vegas however you want from the beginning? Sure, but can you do it and play the game from start to finish? No, because eventually you'll need to get back to MUH PLATINUM CHIP, MUH DAM. In Fallout 4, every quest has multiple decisions, your character is any fucking character that could be a courier as an odd job, and you can do literally whatever the fuck you want and complete the main quest. Kill everyone? Your Commonwealth is desolate, but it's yours and the game is complete. It's not either MUH EXPANSION OF NCR, or AVE TRUE TO KAISAR (choose one), NCR, HOUSE, CAESARS LEGION

MO works like shit with fomods.

le refined taste for le refined gentlemen such as myself

But FCO says you can install it with Mod Organizer, I followed this guide all the way here, surely there is a way.

Doesn't even work when you flip them because very few Fallout 4 quests have multiple solutions, and you can't kill anyone you want because there's a large amount of unkillable NPc's.

That's a pretty fair assessment; only one of my FO4 characters has actually started in vault 111, the rest using start me up to de-Shaun as much of the dialogue as possible.

>shit man face
>toaster
>shit ENB
>clipping
>bad makeup
>glossy hair

nexus niggers are shit

You mean that when you open the mod to install it shows the manual installation window instead of the fomod?

Try unzipping the fomod to your downloads folder and then click the "install mod from an archive" and choose the .fomod

>because there's a large amount of unkillable NPc's.
Except there isn't, the only NPCs that really are unkillable are companions, and children

>camwhore.jpg

The point is; Fallout New Vegas and Fallout 4 have the same basic storyline structure:
You start by hunting for something, you find that something, you then have to choose between four factions on who wins the day.
Yes, Fallout 4 lacks diversity in quests, I won't deny that, but to try and proclaim that New Vegas is the best game ever and oh so so very different from Fallout 4 is absurd.

I've found a lots of unkillable NPC's who are only relevant to a single quest-line, like the whole Cabot family.

ARe you next going to whine that books are shit because you cant start reading it form the middle?

Hell, the companions aren't even truly immortal aside from Preston and Dogmeat.
Every last one of the others can be killed either before you actually make them a companion, after lose their respect OR if you upset their faction if they have one.

my refined tastes prevent me from enjoying these plebian characters

*strokes ego for no reason*

What is the armor mod on the person in the chair?

>Still no Alternate Start Faction Mod that has you start at the Prydwen, the Institute or the Railroad HQ
>Instead just get all these ones that focus on shitting me out in the wild with no gear before I start the main quest

Shit ENB

Except you can kill the entire Cabot family if you want

Also, by this logic, Yes Man is immortal.

What's the fomod? Is it that file called fomod?

Just because they tried the same thing, doesn't mean they each achieved it equally as well.

Uh, yes there is?
Don't remember which one I used, but Alternate Start (I think it was this one, anyway) lets you choose which faction and where you start.

>low quality meido
>shit ENB
>crap face mod
>DoF covering up toaster LOD

yes, I think MO has problem realizing that there are .fomod files in archives so you need to extract them for the .fomod to work

Eh, I thought companions were invincible unless you pissed them off royally and they leave. I certainly couldn't kill Strong before pissing him off.

>Another Life
>Not hot garbage

Not only is it a bug ridden mess, it shoves perks on you that you probably don't want.

In terms of the story, its a matter of opinions. You obviously don't agree with me, but I feel that those aspects of each game are equal.
I will however say that yes, Fallout New Vegas had a better variety of quest types and outcomes.

Fallout 4 arguably did it better by giving you an actual reason to care, whereas New Vegas had low completion % numbers because the game gave you no reason to care about the mojave or the people in it.

I don't know, the ones I know of I mentioned.

but since we just see the back, and it just looks like something skimpy, there are literally dozens tht would suffice

Strong might not be able to be killed before pissing him off due to the quest you have to do to even get to him, I suppose? I dunno. I've heard that you can kill Deacon at any of the places you find him spying on you however, and if you kill him at any of those points, he's gone for good.