/acg/ - Armored Core General

New OP edition.

For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP mecha discussion here. You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.
We can talk about Ace combat as well and puchi posting is fine too.

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin: pastebin.com/z1bJS9gF
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

/acg/'s partially complete recommendation pastebin:
pastebin.com/Wjv8sukr

Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>Ask.

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>Ask.

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
>Ask.

Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI

Understanding Last Raven technical stuff.
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

AC Webm and Music collection download.
dropbox.com/s/eh12d8bhn4o5t3p/AC Webm.rar?dl=0#
dropbox.com/s/e43xmgrl76l9bpo/AC Music.rar?dl=0
dropbox.com/sh/f4chjx0dm4dwhxv/AACVBfsEJJ1Yw12t7Wkrdabna?dl=0

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7ZtrLf3AFBs
youtube.com/watch?v=UkydCZ260hU
youtube.com/watch?v=qDbIJy8b_n0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

can we start linking to the previous thread in the new OP?

Sure, i'll start doing that.

Do you guys prefer weapons that do lots of damage / OHKO but require set-up or precision to use, or do you prefer more generalized DPS-race / stun style weapons?

bump

Depends on the enemy really, if an enemy will keep their distance I'll prefer high power since I can aim the weapon, but some encounters are just enemy ACs dancing above my head while I try my hardest to simply get them in my line of sight.

I meant more in a general game design sense.

Like, do you enjoy the combat of AC2/AC3 where you sort of aerial dodge and DPS enemies with multiple hits, or something closer to AC4/ACV where you set up single hit attacks with heavy risk/reward?

In that case I'd go for the DPS race. It allows for safer play and missing shots wouldn't be detrimental.

what are your hopes for armored core 6?

A proper singleplayer alongside substantial multiplayer. Well-varied levels that make use of vertical environments.

What are your guys' opinions on AC4 and FA as compared to the earlier ACs?

I prefer 3rd gen but I still love 4th gen though.

Single player was handled well enough, but multiplayer was very shallow by comparison.

Bump.

So is there any reason as to why V's multiplayer was server-based but VD's was not?

But it is. VD's servers just aren't down yet.

My bad, then.

Probably to save money. VD got the shaft by the publishers

AC damage critical. Take evasive action.

A very solid story sequence with a 1v1 focused multiplayer, allowing for player invasions once you're done with the story.

They shouldn't have been called AC games. They should have been a spiritual sequel to Murakumo.

I used to play AC:MoA but the concept of #5 seems cool, anyone posts gifs of 5?

dead lmao

What do you guys think is the worst song of the armored core games?

youtube.com/watch?v=7ZtrLf3AFBs

On the account that it gets stuck in my head for hours at a time

Is this a meme or sonething?

The original ACV logo was 'AC5" and after the game got delayed, they came back with the new "ACV" logo.

youtube.com/watch?v=UkydCZ260hU

bump.

Is way better than the original theme.

I can see how that would get stuck in your head

I thought these threads were dead and gone?

considering that it's supposed to be a cult chant, I'd say that's pretty good.

It's REALLY hard to pick a worst... I'm going through old OSTs to find something and every song has at least one good mission associated with it. I want to say something about LR or NX's OST (which I didn't like much) but each song is still pretty good.

I'm going to go with:
youtube.com/watch?v=qDbIJy8b_n0

Not just because it's a mediocre low-fi blurry song, but because it's 2 minute length is looped through LITERALLY HALF OF THE ENTIRE GAME AND EVERY MULTIPLAYER MATCH. I've come to hate the song every time it plays because it's so overplayed in FA.

bump

They're regular. About 50 posters per thread. AC fans are hardcore.

ACV designs look so fucking cool when they're not in the default crab-walking bowlegged stance.

We just got someone mentioning it in /aceg/ a while ago, and when I went looking for it I must've just missed it.

Regardless I wish there was a step between Last Raven and 3 on the PSP, one is too hard and the other's too easy.

What about Silent Line Portable?

Might have to try that then

bump

bump

Alright so are Pulverizers as strong as Nexts?

Classic electronic music style

No more midget AC design motif

A novelty space mission like in Ace Combat 3

Completely co-op campaign

Would a co-op survival mode in an AC game, every wave, few waves you get ammo resupply and possibly some health.

>wave 10 is the first enemy AC bossfight
>wave 20, 2 ACs, etc...

The dream.

It's funny you should say that because I prefer the original theme

I like how both songs convey the same messages, but I dislike the way the original theme portrays an anthem in such an orthodox way.

Is there any point to shields in the ps2 games?

Also, what's the deal with the leg weight/speed in Nexus?

>Is there any point to shields in the ps2 games?
The solid shields can be useful if you don't have much use/weight for something better. Like picking an aux radar on the back.

>Also, what's the deal with the leg weight/speed in Nexus?
There's a thing called "Underweighting" that came into existence with Nexus. Where the further under the max weight limit you were, the bigger speed boost you got. Ad a result you could built a lightweight AC, and instead of picking light legs, pick middleweight legs for higher defense, and due to being far underweight, still move at LW speeds.

That it exists

E3 is coming lads
This year is the year
I feel it in my gears

I hope so too bruh, I hope so too.

teaser or trailer?

Stop, dont me make have hype withouth reason, is the only way I can avoid the suffering.

bump

Shields offer pretty huge damage resistance for very little weight. A 500 defense shield is ~10% less damage taken for only a few hundred pounds, which is better than any heavy build. Shields work best on snipers or missile boats where you don't really need a L arm weapon or blade.

Having less than max weight cap in NX through LR will increase your moving, turning and boost speed. For boost speed, 100 points under the weight cap is equivalent to 15 points of total weight lost
>total weight is 8000
>500 points below weight cap
>speed is calculated as if total weight was 7925.(8000 - 500 * 0.15)

Nope, not even close.

Pulverizers aren't even more powerful than ACs, their whole gimmick is that they're learning. But a Dominant (a pilot who gets stronger when faced with stronger foes) learns faster than the pulverizers and that's why Jack-O needed to stop one.

Nexts on in a completely different league.

The SAAP might be somewhere approaching like, the really weak prototype Nexts. But yeah, that's it. The rest are small fry.

Is /ACG/ the best place to find Chromehounds fans?

I dont know why, but I really like that pic.

This or /gerg/.

Have many people here played it? I thought most of /acg/ was on PS3.

Thanks, didn't know about /gerg/

I've started playing MAV on PC and figured Chromehounds/AC fans would be the main playerbase.

I like blowing shit up with powerful attacks

Nah, nexts are easy faster man, pulverizers are going to be sitting Dicks against them

WTF autocorrect

Is MAV good? I need to try that at some point

basically, if you want something from the classiscs to against a NEXT, you need to upgrade them with NEXT tech, the quickboost system is easily one of the OPiest thing.

Yeah it's really good so far, still has a way to go optimizations-wise and doesn't have the campaign yet.

Tell me more, I might pick it up or convince a friend to get it as a graduation present now that I have time to play video games.
Does it support controller? Joystick?

>Classic electronic music style
I really want this (among other things)

Jokes on all of the people that shat on the shields when AC6 uses shields like Dark Souls and that other mecha game they made called Frame Gride

But anyway do you guys also paint dongs on your ACs or is that just me

>AC6 uses shields like Dark Souls

Please no, I am fine on how VD uses them, as a big frontal barrier that sucks the damage and can last a lot if againts the correct damage type.

Well it's now a very real possibility for me

What kind of color schemes do you guys use for your ACs?

I got for the arms/legs/head being mainly purple with small bits being a redder purple and the core being black with some pieces of purple.

I usually choose white or black as a base and then some primary color as secondary, the rest are greys except for the head eye / detail.