Why the hate?

why do people hate this car so much?
honestly i think its perfect, i cant think of a single thing wrong with it that doesnt have upsides.
i will defend this car to my death, infact i just had a massive argument with my boyfreind about it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3ZbGdkyrAis
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Kek

It's slower than a Chrystler Pacifica.

Because its slower than a Veloster.

youtu.be/3ZbGdkyrAis

You and me both, user. This car is so goddamn fun, and I'm not even that good a driver yet.

Everyone complains about it being slow but it's very light, that must count for something

I'd rather have it that most shit people here recommend.

only for faggots who can't drive manual
wow, 86 did pretty good considering that's a turbo'd veloster

Most shit people here recommend is a 3k civic or a camry so yeah definitely me too

People think it needs more power, but it's made to handle and give the sports car experience for as little power as possible. It's just cheap fun.
>boyfriend

Slower than a V6 Mustang from a decade ago with Live rear axle.

>It's made to handle and give the slowest sports car experience
Fixed that for you.

It's a good car for what it is, but at the heart of it they purposely keep it slower than a WRX

>slowest
Ah, completely missing the point as always.

You want the hole slow sports car experience? Buy a MX5 Miata.
No need for a brz when is that much expensive.

>You want the hole slow sports car experience
>the hole slow sports car experience
>hole slow sports car
>hole
i see we are dealing with complete idiots

It weights as much as my 2017 4 DOOR Civic Lmao

Your civic is a flexy noodle though. Chassis reinforcement adds weight.

probably does, difference is you have a gutless engine and generic econobox suspension

My Civic turbo is faster tho, and I can fit your mom in the hatch

>hole
>mx5

After test driving this, I actually like it but it definitely needs more power. The new Miata is how a low powered car should drive. If I lived by some mountains, I'm sure my opinion would change.

The 1.5t has more potential for tuning than the brz's lawnmower engine

>My Civic turbo is faster tho
it's not
>and I can fit your mom in the hatch
i can fit your sister in my backseat
yeah sure, it has a turbo. You''l be making "more power" for a few thousand miles then you blow the engine for being boyracer

>i will defend this car to my death, infact i just had a massive argument with my boyfreind about it.
This isn't bait. This is the average Gt86 owner now days

OP, pls go

slow piece of shit...i can smoke the fuck out of this in my 1994 EG hatch with a couple of simple mods:

- 10 point cage with Parachute
- 3 piece discontinued JoJo frontend
- spec-R full drag suspension
- Fuel cell with -8 lines from tank to motor
- 1 044 bosch pump
- 1200 rc injectors
- golden eagle sleeved block
- cp 10:1 pistons
- Eagle rods
-dual kfc superchargers
- arp headstuds
- oem h22 headgasket
- Balance shaft delete
- competition clutch twin disc
- Port and polished head
- skunk2 valve springs and retainers
- Str cam gears
- crower stage 1 cams
- aluminium radiator with slim fan
- gsr transmission with itr lsd.
- qsd h2k intake manifold adapter
- k20 rbc manifold
- qsd throttle body spacer
- blox 70mm throttle body
- 4bar omni map sensor
- 6al msd with coil and cap. 3 step launch control
- hks bov
- Garret 102mm turbocharger.
- Custom t4 front facing turbo manifold with 44mm flange
- 44mm tial wastegate
- Custom water to air intercooler set up
- aem eugo wideband w/ gauge
- tuned on chipped p28
- 13 inch volks drag rims
- 2 15 inch volks rear rims
- arp extended wheel studs
- si cluster
- 150 shots of nitrous

im making 248 horsepower to the FRONT WHEELS because thats the only place the power should ever be.

Say that to my face then we'll see what happens

>a couple

>newfaggot

I want to like it. Slower than a wagon is not ok for that price, anything at that range is better. Also, captcha : "keep toyota"

>you have a gutless engine
Did a brz owner really have the balls to call anything gutless?

It's not perfect, the gearing is too long, it's a bit better on post face-lift models, the back seats don't split fold to allow you to carry two passengers and large items of luggage and you can't turn the traction control fully off with the traction control switch.

We all know what holes MX5 owners are interested in. Probably for the best the way it's raped by the 86.

Real Question: Why was every Mustang tested with a price increasing "track package" when other cars did not receive such treatment? I always felt like was disingenuous.

it's too new and thus too expensive
for the same money I can get an E36 M3 which is a much more interesting car

This is Veeky Forums. We wil make the most lopsided and retarded arguments against any car. Everything is for teh lulz. Only a fool would take what we say seriously.

>cheapest 2012 model is 17.5k€ around here
For the same money I can get a nice 125i coupe with better extras which is faster in every way.
Even a remapped 118d would be faster and has enough torque to drift on sticky tires
If it would be around 10k I'd consider it tho

Pretty much this. There are faster, more practical cars for the same price or cheaper.

Gearing too long? Any shorter and you'd need another gear or two for cruising.

I have complaints about how the gearing matches with the torque curve for casual driving, but I've come to think that they're spaced out pretty sensibly for a car that tries to compromise between a toy and a DD.

>a nice 125i coupe with better extras which is faster in every way
Have you ever driven a 1 series? Have you ever even driven an 86? You're trying to argue specs against the car that screams "I don't give a fuck what the specsheet says". You'd need the M package to even compare the driving feel, and then the 86 still feels better.

This image will never not be absolutely retarded.

Miata fag butthurt by facts not cock in surprise news.

>m-my base Civic makes good power
200hp/L is not gutless on NA engine dummy
Yeah sure, an M3 with fuckton of miles and in need of expensive repairs
>buying used bimmers
Shame on you

I fucking love this pasta

100hp/L*

but but but it doesn't make as much torque as a viper with an aftermarket supercharger.

This is devastating.

They forgot:
Better looking: Miata
Convertible: Miata
Resale value: Miata
Better power curve: Miata

>Better looking: Miata
Hahahahaha

>Resale value: Miata
After 1 year Mazda losses 18.5% of it's value, the 86 twins 17%.

Those resale figures are probably squed by the introduction of the face lift for the GT86 and BRZ within the last year. That always increases the depreciation of the previous year.

It does look better than Miata, it could be argued RF looks as good or better but that's quite a bit over 30k

Exhibit A

Exhibit B

I hate it because i'm either a bus rider who can't afford it or a furry who can't drive.

I like the 86, its not fast but its fun.Between the "kill list" on the norcal thread and that idiot failing at a low speed corner, none of you cunts should be driving anything faster anyway.

2014 FR-S vs 2016 Miata?

Most of the people who hate it don't own it, much less driven it, and even much less, have driven a car.

2% battery in 3 minutes? Close some tabs bro

They both clearly say 2014.

This. Goddamn.

>tfw actually like the frs/brz
p-pls delet

Shut up OP

If only the 86 didn't burn out at the beginning, it maintained its distance the whole way through

I don't like the car because its too small for me (I'm 6'4'')

Its also the same price as the WRX but the WRX is significantly more powerful and has greater performance in virtually every field compared to the BRZ

I also can't drive the BRZ in the winter due to it being only RWD, being so light and being so low to the ground.

I don't know why Subaru insists on selling this car for the same price as the WRX without any real benefits over it.

I would buy it if it was either 3-4k cheaper like the civic Si or it had better power like the WRX to justify the price

The brz is 500lbs lighter. Light+RWD= fun.

Also winter tires make anything drivable in snow. I drive a slammed mini r53 and withsnow tires i have 0 problems with MN winters.

This is the closest thing to compete with the miata in a long time and its still worse than the worst miata in every way that makes the worst miata worse than any other miata.

Can a stock wrx even drift in the dry though? With awd you should change all 4 tires at a time which gets pricey if you drive hard.

Plenty of people drive 86's in winter up in Canada. You need 200+ lbs of weight in the back though which kind of cancels out the light car thing.

Stop listening to redd/o/t, this place all that matter is how good a car is on the burger ring. If it's by 0.00001 seconds slower in a category it's automatically shit and slow, because everyone here is a bunch of benchracers/busriders.

One of the most popular mods is a shorter final drive because the gearing is so long.

>I don't like the car because its too small for me (I'm 6'4'')
I don't see why that is a problem, I'm 6'3 and don't have the seat fully back or any issues with head room.

LMFAO!

You have to maintain the meme however many takes are required.

OP so desperate to keep his shit thread alive. very Alphonse tier, sad!

>turbo

have you driven the current gen WRX? i've wanted one since middle school when the bugeye came out. once i actually got a real job and could afford a new one they came out with the worst gen and the used ones are thrashed and/or overpriced. i ended up with a brz. wanted to like the new WRX so bad but:

>felt HUGE compared to bugeye/blobeye/hawkeye
>suspension was softer and had lots of roll
>driving position was high and upright like a rental corolla lmao
>engine was nice and torquey but not particularly revvable
>felt like a fast regular car, not a performance car
>no wagon anymore ;_;

they make it in CVT now man. that should tell you what Subuar sees the WRX as these days and wants it to become.

Answer: Buy a used one, slap on a supercharger. Problem solved.

people hated the constant autistic sperging before it came out overhyping the car to be the next coming of christ

>why do people hate this car so much?
Because it doesn't have a turbo

I understand that. Personally didn't get into the hype even though I thought they were cool, but ended up buying one new in 2015.

Looking back, there's not a single car in the market besides the 86 I'm interested in. If I lost mine, I'd buy another.