2016 WRX or 2016 STI or 2008 Evo VIII

Please help me out.

I hear that the when old Evo's get on the boost it is pretty overwhelming/fun but I don't want to pay $28,000 for a 9 year old car with 70,000 miles on it so should I just go with the WRX or STI?

Please help!

Evo

Import a JDM car, same/more power, and less weight, for like $15k tops.

IS that a guy or a girl?

Also get the WRX

WRX
Evo prices are ridiculous

She better have a dick user, or you're going to have to leave.

Just get a Commodore mate

She's a girl.
I hear that the 2016 WRX makes boost at lower RPMS so it's more fun to daily, is this true?
Also why the WRX over Evo? I personally like the WRX interior much better.

Sorry she's a grill.

id say the wrx. Only because the engine has alot of new tech and potential. Shit can get 35 mpg all while being fun as fuck and having awd and still cracking into the low 5s. Shit was even able to get a 4.8 0-60 with a very hard launch. The biggest complaint most have with the sti is that it still uses the same engine from the early 2000s. It sounds better and has the boxer burble, but it has shit mpg and will soon be replaced by a more efficient power plant based on the current wrx. The new wrx engine also has a lot of untapped potential and is very good around town. The only reason to go for the sti is if you really want the better transmission, breaks, and awd system. The wrx is still good in these regards but if you can really take advantage of the sti equipment id say go for it.

So will the new STI have the same motor as the Wrx?

Will it be the 2018 model?

NTRODUCING THE NEWLY REDESIGNED
2018 SUBARU WRX AND WRX STI

i hear the new sti wont have a new engine until 2020 but i may be wrong. I believe the 2018 sti has bigger wheels and breaks but still the same engine. the current engine has to be wound out and has some turbo lag. Now some people like that feeling, but if you want a more liner building of power, the wrx engine is better. I believe the new sti motor will have some similarities with the current wrx, just more power and maybe more displacement

The STI having to build boost, is that the same sensation as what the Evo does?

I would like to be suddenly thrown in the back of my seat at peak boost.

Which one is better for that?

I've seen Evo's (albeit few) around here in Austin for about $15k, not in bad shape and mostly stock. That would be my pick as I value driving fun over everything else.

IMO, the STI is the better of the 2 Subies. Yea, the WRX has a more advanced motor and will likely have better resale value, but the STI is more of a driver's car and one that will take you for a better ride. Who gives a shit about more power at lower RPM? Just maintain high revs and power out of turns, you'll have a better time in a more capable car.

Get the WRX if you value daily comfort and the grind of traffic. I hear they even come with paddle shifters

i think both the evo and sti are known for that boost building feeling. If you crave that feeling look into engines with single scroll turbos, as the reason the wrx is so linear is because it has a modern twin scroll

I think you just convinced me to get the STI.

But that was a very mean thing to do to froggo.

Get the STI, i recently just traded in my 2016 WRX for a focus RS though, however my experience with the WRX was left wanting more. It's a really great car for daily driving whilst having a little fun, it's got great MPGs I've made multiple 460 mile trips without needing to stop once for fuel, however, the WRX just felt too linear, it was like driving a corolla half the time. Get the STI if your actually going to be using it for what its intended. If your getting something for a daily then the WRX is best.

na man froggo ok, he just landed on a perch n chilled

ok thanks man.

With a 2016 STI will I be missing anything that I would get from a 2008 EVO 8?

a nice looking car.

respect and a car that hasn't been beat to shit yet.

>2008 evo 8
didn't the 8 stop production in 2005?

2008 is the first year for the Evo X

X means 10 in Roman numerals...

Is the 2005 Evo 8 better than the 2016 STI?

yeah, and he's saying 10 started in 2008, so 8 had to stop well before then, you brain dead nigger.

lol

I'm so confused right now.

OP thinks that there is an Evo 8 made in 2008, this guy corrects him, and then this guy replies to the guy who corrected OP with this ?

What was even the point of telling him that the Evo X started production in 2008? Nobody here mentioned the Evo X except him. He's the retard here for bringing it up. We're talking about the Evo 8, not the Evo X.

There's no need to be so rude and call people niggers, you fucking nigger.

No, your much better off buying an STI than paying a ton for a beat up EVO. There's no advantage to the EVO compared to a 2016 STI