/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Ganked by Watchers: >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/

/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>/bbg/ Spelunking Club
Password = /bbg/
Create a new S/FRC chalice dungeon and beckon anons to join
OR
Use the Short Root Chalice with the password /bbg/ to be summoned or invade
(every Friday 6pm EST, anything goes)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne AR Calculator
pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

Say goodbye to Yurie, she's off to Yahar'gul to make new friends.

miyazaki please delete atk down and hp gradually depletes from the game thanks

Good for her! Spending all day playing with rocks and slugs isn't that good for you, it's good to get out and socialize!

byebye yurie

I WILL LIVE WITH THE DOLL
I WILL CUDDLE WITH THE DOLL
I WILL HOLD HANDS WITH THE DOLL

She should make friends with my dick.

I can't stop making str characters what's the most fun skl weapon that won't take me a whole game to get used to?

>atk down again

Cane

Fuck skill. Embrace the Beast!

What did Miyazaki mean by the blood vial system? Did he introduce farming to the series?

I have for a few hundred hours now. As much as I love str builds I just want a different experience for a bit. Plus skl weapon still look cool in BB unlike souls where they're all dinky and small.

>being THIS bad

So that's a yes.

I just realized I already have a waning 22.3% with HP regen and a -10% beast curse, and the abyssal I got was .2% better with +6.5% rally but kin down -11.3%. Should I keep farming that extra .2% and hopefully a bolt secondary? I'll stick with you guys for a while, but I wouldn't mind farming some cold abyssals from pthu later if you guys are down for that.

>What did Miyazaki mean by the blood vial system?
He means that Soulsfags are babies.
>Did he introduce farming to the series?
No.

>he wants infinite free heals

How about you take that post back to /tv/

yeah I was gonna farm cold abyssals once I got a decent bolt abyssal here

I haven't had the best luck so far

>there are people who dont use fire threaded canes
plebs

Ok so what do you do when you run out then and there's still a boss to beat?

At least you admit it that this system is odd.

I got a
>22.5% bolt attack up
>HP recovery +2
>increased stamina cost 3.3%
Abyssal. Seems alright, do Abhorrent Beast gems not go higher? I'm ok with joining to farm Cold Abyssals.

You get more. You can buy a full twenty just by clearing a room or two in a Depth 4 or 5 dungeon, or popping enough Coldblood to buy a good amount. Just spend all your surplus Echoes after leveling or whatever on vials for a steady supply.

>he doesn't use the arCane

>run out
Good one

>he thinks i dont

>Did he introduce farming to the series?
t. "I've never experienced the hell of trying to get a pure bladestone"

Second abyssal, bonus beast damage and ATK DOWN how joyful.
Once we hopefully get you a good bolt abyssal I've got kkvk8gsj to the boss already for those cold abyssals, but I can't savescum because for some reason it takes a long ass time to reload the save.
That's the best yeah, I just looked it up but I guess there's a chance to get a flat 33 bolt damage secondary too.

Which bosses are the worst when it comes to battle noises drowning out their music?

Those I can name off the top of my head:

Logarius
Ebrietas
Orphan

I'm going for bolt secondary, which I've gotten twice so far but with atk down. I'll make a post when I stop hosting this glyph and do something else, but I think I'll be here a while.

I don't think the % goes higher, it's the secondary bolt you want.

btw oculos you should run through the chalice cause src is a bit slow, it'll save time if we're at this for a while. We could do a run while we wait

Reminder that BL98 is an arbitrary meta pushed by people who won't even random PvP anymore.
Embrace BL70, BL100 and BL120 metas.

I fucking hate the screaming every boss does. It's the same shrill sound and it's not adding to the atmosphere

Cleric Beast and Amelia

Probably to make BB more distinct from Souls.

The game does throw a lot of vials at you even as regular loot and not drops. But if you get hung up on one boss, that vial storage can deplete easily.

What's the point of BL98 when it's only two levels more, cuts you off from BL80's, and makes BL150's within your range?

Will do friendo. Is 120 best fit beast claws?

98 let's you be summoned by 65s without a password, let's you invade 80s and 120s, while avoiding 150s

I got a 21.3% with +33.8 bolt and durability curse, not abyssal, but not too bad. I'll keep going for a while, but I might switch over to cold abyssal farming since I have none right now.

>flat 33 bolt damage
It's alright, my bolt Saif now has +4HP in total. That's really good with the +5 from the gun.

Farm bolt Abyssals without me. I'm fine with what I have now. Tell me which glyph you're going to farm Cold Abyssals so I can run to the boss there while you farm.

My autism
Beast claws suck so 120 would be more optimal to allow good endurance and damage.

kkvk8gsj is what I have at the fog already, so I'd think that one but I'm not the beckoner and like I mentioned my ps4 is retarded so I can't really savescum, sorry.

kkvk8gsj is the glyph I run for cold abyssals. I think I'll do a few more abhorrent runs and then switch

>Beast claws suck
D-delet this
Only the beast embrace variant suck

I'm sorry user. You know it to be true ;_;

I'll do a couple more with you then, still haven't gotten a perfect gem yet but I don't mind too much. I could always use the chunks anyway.

So if we're not savescumming, then waiting a bit longer for my SRRC won't be that bad, right? Also please take your time with Abhorrent Beast because I'm eating now.

Yeah I haven't gotten a good gem either (secondary bolt + decent curse) and I was at this for a while before I posted here.

I might not be able to host kkvk8gsj and have to run through the glyph again, I'll check after we do a few more runs

why do the beast embrace version suck?

I-I know, I just have so much fun with them.

not an abyssal but got flat bolt and -beasts. I could settle on this one. Wanna change glyphs?

>At least you admit it that this system is odd.

No, I'm calling you a shitter babby who needs free refills so he doesn't have to learn skills

They're great. He's memeing

>beast claws are the only "build" i havnt done in over a thousand hours of bb
>never intend to
huehuehue

>2 year old game
>regular FC in bbg and between friends outside the chan
>regular co-op and farming buddies
>pretty good invasion rate, even at higher level
>new players every day
>attack down curse exist
Explain this phenomenon.

I think Yuria would be the one save-scumming, but I don't wanna assume anything. I was just saying that I'd rather be the cooperator since my ps4 takes a long time to reload saves.
Yeah, sure, I got a stamina cursed +4hp regen abyssal just then, so I'm pretty content. If you can get to the layer 3 gate while I go take care of something let me know when you're ringing.

Far too slow while not doing enough increased damage to make up for it, the dodge feels like it has less i-frames than normal, the jump attack (the vanilla versions best attack) is absolute suicide to attempt in pvp, the roar is a shittier version of the beast roar that can be parried, etc.

It's just not a very good weapon in my opinion, I might be biased though considering I've been maining the vanilla claws pretty much since release.

Decent community with a niche game on one platform

>attack down curse exist
Miyazaki wants us to suffer, because he knows we will come out stronger

We even have a decent tripfag in Machine. /bbg/ is the best for everything.

Alright I admit I'm a shitter baby but for shitters like me there is some farming

I don't mind being the save scummer, though I would like some chunks/slabs and extra abyssals. I'm running the glyph again now and I'll post again when I'm at layer 3.

Just buy them at the hunter's dream

That's why I have pizza cutter as a back up. I can have fun with beast mode and then rip and shred if things get hairy

Machine is fucking awful
>hey guys look at these memes! Oh no don't reply to me.
>Deletes posts
Just fuck off machine

Funny, I usually use a bunch of different weapons and then swap to the claw if things haven't been going so well.

Also, the untricked version is severely underrated as a weapon.

Would you prefer Lucy?

"Pretty trash bad" poster detected

>Being literally this upset

I would prefer no trip fags. I've never understood it. Everyone hates you for it and it's clearly only because you require constant attention from internet strangers

Machine's purpose, apart from spreading the memes, was to counter Lucy. He's been rather successful, manages to trigger Lucy every time he shows up, even filtered Machine out of anger.

>he doesnt know

About to start farming heavy abyssals for the first time. Is there a recommended glyph?

When I found out he actually filtered Machine that gave me a good kek.

ksgqnycq

swjteujh is my go to. Easy bosses and levers once you know where they are. Watchers, beast possessed soul, headless. Watch out for teleporting ghosts though. I recommend using blue elixir to escape the pig and hunter at the start of layer 3.

I could not care less about him. I just filtered him because all he does is spam the thread when he gets triggered by people replying to me.

I never filter people I simply dislike. I would rather just argue with them.

Thanks

>luci so butthurt about meme that he has to filter him
Sausage, Lucifer. On the subject of cucks, how does one go about making a BLT build?

about to back up my save and ring now if you guys are ready

Just got back now, heading over to start ringing! Thanks for hosting user, it's very much appreciated, here's hoping for some good gems!

Level bloodtinge and vit you cuck. Fuck skill, start noble scion of lone survivor for max potential. 14/14, 10/14, 14/15, 10/15 str/skl depending on the weapons you wanna use. 10 arcane if you're a kewl kid. A very good blt build is doable at 95-100 easily.

Cold Abyssals or bolt gems? Now I didn't run through the chalice because I wasn't sure wether we were going to savescum or not.

Cold abyssals now. You should run the chalice, it'll be quicker in the long run

>you cuck
>bloodletter
>a noble weapon of the church
>cuckoldry
You sound like a heretic, user.

Running it now

We'll do another run or two while you do that, lemme know when you get to layer 3

What are some good weapons for a 50skl 25str build? I don't find the saw weps very fun and the burial blade seems a bit shit

I don't care what the hateposter says. I love everybody here.

>i love everybody here
i love you too user

Isn't Maria a skill hunter? What weapon does she use?

>burial blade seems a bit shit
Y-you're shit!
For real though it's a man's weapon at 25/50. Basically any skill weapon will be better if it also scales with strength a bit at this stat spread. You can also use Ludwig's if you desire. The only weapons you shouldn't use are ones that don't scale primarily with skill.

Is there a reason certain chalice glyphs aren't working for me? I try to join, but it just says you don't have the requirements to join.

Watchers have suddenly jumped up to becoming my most hated boss

reiter

Got my first cold abyssal on our first go with hp down -4, not bad!

you need to get all the root chalices first

>haven't even gotten an abyssal yet ;_;

Have you made an FRC? Do you have all the root chalices in your inventory?

I love everyone but Luci!

I have all the root chalices

have you made an FRC dungeon? what glyph are you trying to look up?

Do a run without me, I gotta do something again real quick. I'm sure you'll get your abyssal soon though user!