google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98

Nobike? Start here:
a2bikes.co.uk/

>Motorcycle Ergonomics simulator:
cycle-ergo.com

Webms with sound:
Previously on /dbt/:

Other urls found in this thread:

crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2017/07/28/silver-link-celebrates-10-years-with-original-anime-two-car
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Here's a thing to discuss, what insurance companies do you guys go with?
>What are some things I should do or avoid when purchasing insurance?

i'm 24, male, reasonably cautious, with a 12 year old sport bike worth 2400 USD and basically no experience

i decided to just get minimum liability and matching underinsured motorist bodily injury coverage until i get a couple years of riding under my belt and i can get better rates. i'm parking it in a garage atm so no theft insurance and comprehensive was too expensive for what the bike is worth.

i started looking at online quotes. a couple of them had fields asking "what insurance did you have before?" with dropdowns to choose from like 15 different companies - why thank you for telling me the names of your competitors, company, I'll be sure to get quotes from them, too.

i went with Nationwide, which was the lowest rate I found. My family has car insurance through USAA, which partners with progressive to sell bike insurance. Might check them out if you have a vet in the family, it was second lowest for me I think. Progressive by itself was also ok. Geico was a bit more than I was expecting. I found lots of smaller places in my area but most of them wanted to quote over the phone, or you submitted a form with your info online and they said they'd call you in a couple of days with a quote. I only checked a couple that way, but I'm a procrastinator so I had to buy insurance FAST to make the deadline for the title transfer form.

that's a good picture OP

Does this seem like my drz piston rings are shit? Compression test shows 60 psi. I added some oil to the cylinder and got 100 psi. There is an auto decompression on the exhaust cam but the Suzuki manual gives compression spec with it actuated at 135 psi. The compression increase after oil makes me think it is the rings.

Will try a leak down test tomorrow to see where it's leaking from.

Thank you, that's what I'e been doing.

This is really helpful, I was wondering how much I should go for as far rates and stuff goes.

I'll continue to shop around, thanks again user!

hey dbt

im a massive car guy and ltierally never done jack shit with bikes, but there's 1 bike i've always wanted: a harley V rod

I want to get one but because i have no experience with bikes i think im prone to fuck something up/ drop it/ maybe die

what are some good starter bikes, or does that only really apply to port bikes? think i can just straight up get the V Rod? at the end of the day it's mostly a cruiser.

What you fellas reckon is my lean angle in this pic?

ty, I'm trying to make up for it

Why do Urals have to be literal garbage

Yah, you could die. Take the MSF course. Ride it like a cruiser. Don't cry when you drop it and bend stuff, just fix it / don't fix it and ride.

got this thing for 2400 leafs with 11k km on the clock

how did I do /dbt/?

why don't you just take the head off and look at the rings?
its an hour long job.

60 degrees.

As far as I can tell, Urals (and Dnepr, etc) are hobbies. Not a bad hobby to have if you can afford it and have another bike to ride, but a hobby nonetheless

What should I be looking for? Should I just check the ring gap or if the rings are actually siezed on?

Would be a great hobby if not for the price.

You did good.
Now get out and ride it. Snap pics, take webm, tell us about it.
Get over a little more, but your position is okay. Butt is on the seat so you're not hanging off ans trying too hard. That's good. Keep practicing.
Doing me a sad. I've been reading the Ural forum and some guys are saying this is the year of a 50cc displacement increase. If that happens, they may also fix the gear box and engine.
Get a Japanese 650-750 cruiser and find out you wanted the idea of a V-rod, and the look, but don't want an unreliable motorcycle.
Ural fans talking about the ease of a tire change dot png.
You're making me want an Ural. Stop it. I just got told these bikes aren't reliable. I'm only a student, user. I need to daily my bike.

the gap, you need a vernernier caliper to measure it though.
drz400 yeah?
should be 0.08-0.20 mm (preferably around 0.12mm is optimal for performance) if it is more than 0.20mm then they are fucked (or your bore is fucked)

Continue with the leak down, it'll tell you what you need to know with less effort than pulling the head.

Sorry but Japanese cruisers are fast as fuck

Gay as fuck*
Autocorrect is a cuck

put ring in bore without the piston and slide the piston up under it to square it up, measure the gap with a feeler gauge.

> no ver nener nener caliper needed.

If he has feeler guage he should have a vernier caliper they cost like $12, not like you need a digital one.

Are you a big guy? Harleys are heavy.

They're also expensive for what they are. Dropping something expensive stings a bit. Google to find an MSF basic rider course in your area; that'll give you a couple of afternoons of structured riding on a 250 bike that you don't need to worry about dinging up. If you're lucky they might have a couple of different types of bike - mine had cruisers and groms; i've heard of some having dirt bikes, etc. This will at least let you try out riding before investing too much.

there are jap cruisers that sound like harleys and look like harleys (to me, anyway, who knows almost nothing about cruisers) but that don't cost like harleys or break like harleys. research before buying, as always.

cruiser displacement != sport bike displacement; starting on 750 or 800 is fine. Heck, leaf mechanic user started on a sportster 1200 and he's still fine last we heard.

basically unrelated but
>finding out celty's bike is probably based on yammie vmax streetfighter conversions
muh DIIIIIIIICK
man, muscle bikes are something else

He means feeler gauges

ive always used a vernier caliper. there ya go i guess.

It's easier to measure with a feeler gauge.

Yes they are fast. They are consistently faster than most Harleys because most of them sit in a pool of oil on the driveway.

WAAAAAAATTTTTTT

Animation studio SILVER LINK is celebrating ten years in business with a new series due to come out in October. Titled Two Car, the original series will focus on the world of sidecar racing.

SILVER LINK is the studio behind shows like Baka and Test, Kokoro Connect, and the current summer series Restaurant to Another World.
Two Car stars character Yuri Miyata and Megumi Meguro, two schoolgirls who are each other's exact opposites in both appearance and personality. The pair join forces to become motorcycle sidecar racers, challenging similar mismatched teams all across Japan.

There are already plans afoot for multimedia tie-ins for the series: a manga adaptation, game, and more yet to be announced
/Paste
crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2017/07/28/silver-link-celebrates-10-years-with-original-anime-two-car

>Tie in video game

No they're not. Maybe compared to a Harley but that's like competing in the special olympics.

>finally a key visual
>still can't tell if it's actual racing sidecars or hipster shit
Fug. I suppose the X12 probably answers my question though.

Wow kill yourself

Cruisers are the special Olympics of motorcycling.
>can't go fast
>can't go off road
>a Ninja 250 can go straight all day if you ask it to
They're a redundant motorcycle. They're specialized in the easiest thing a motorcycle can do well. Just have good build quality and handlebars. Done.

A Ninja has notorks
Also riding position

>being this much of a pedophile
weebs are a strange sub species.

>those breasts
>pedo
Harley riders are a strange species

Torx are not necessary for going 60-80mph for 8 hours.
Also Ninja 250s sit bar stool straight. Swap out the clipons for handlebars and you can easily ride in a straight line until you're bored to tears. A natural result of any cruiser riding.
So if the point of a cruiser is not necessarily to go fast, then the best bet is to buy a bike with high reliability and build quality. And probably a good price point.
Thus, Japanese cruisers.

>school girls
>not children
pedos will say anything to make themselves seem like a normal person.
next he will be saying "normies ree" like being a pedophile is a cool exclusive group.

Shit like this makes me want to sell my jap bike

Torx are necessary for accelerating from low speeds with a lot of weight on the bike.
Riding position isn't just your upper body; leg position plays a big role in riding comfort over long periods of time.
>Thus, Japanese cruisers.
100% agree.

Cruisers are to look nice and that's about it

>Wow, stop liking things.
Link to key?
I'm more interested in an anime-sidecar-racing-grill-geemu
But odd couple sidecar racers sounds like a funny concept in general. Hopefully they get good balance between technical notes, competition action, and comedic interlude.
Me: Anticipated 7-9/10. Good premise, easy to fuck up.
GF: 1/10. Not gonna save anime. Stop making me watch Motorcycle shit.

Liking things is fine when the things you like aren't children user.

I agree about foot position. That's the big downfall of using a standard bike as a cruiser. Luckily you can shift your feet on the pegs, open your legs, or grip the tank, and stand up or kick your legs out. So you can do something about the riding position messing with you.

>watching an anime about bikes when the mandrama of motorcycle racing exists

shit taste 2bqhwyf

>being this obsessed with rebbit: the bike

Buy me cable.

Who want's to pay to watch motorcycle racing? I think the only series left to watch on TV for free is dirt biking and the Isle of Man TT

Just torrent the races you shitcunt

>current year + 2
>needing to pay to watch anything on tv
cmon kid

>stream animu for free
>hurr durr have to pay for moto racing

what did he mean by this?

It fucking over by then dipshit!!! How fucking pathetic does a preson have to be to watch a race AFTER it already took place?

The kind of person who has a job, you fucking neet.

Can you even bet on races in the US?

Where to stream free? Does it work on playstation?

Wrong answer. It totally ignores people who have jobs yet do not wish to pay subscription/pay per view fees.
MYTH BUSTED

Paying a subscription unless it's to avoid ads that can't be blocked is a bad idea in general. I agree.
YouTube is getting bad now. I just want Red in my country so I don't have to put up with it...

Acestream/VLC

Race threads are on /sp/ with stream links during race weekends (this week is thr first race back since summer break)

Then watch a stream of it you dolt

You ain't watching many races without paying. Which was my original post. I assume you don't actually watch much. Most of them are pay. You can't stream them until you pay. And no, you don't pay a streaming service. Formula One will probably go this route eventually. You have to pay them to stream it.

I ain't paying a subscription fee to stream it.
It's like you chucklefucks CAN read, but just not understand what you are reading.

I wasn't talking about paid motogp streams you dumb nigger

>being this inept at piracy
All of you need to go back

Out of the loop for too long. Got a real job. An IRL hobby. Girlfriend whose too impatient to fuck around with codecs and shit.

Just lucky sites like gogoanime work on the PS.

>brand fuckin new to this shit
>looked around for a few months for a bike i might like
>found the triumph bonneville to be pretty much perfect

is there something im missing here or is this a good bike
also what year model is best

It's a shit bike that will fall to pieces in a month
But they, big boss has one so its KEWL XDDDDD

user...
I don't know if anyone told you this...
There's such a thing as stream piracy, and torrents.
user. You aren't paying for MotoGP, are you?

I bet you think everyone watches game of thrones on HBO too

Don't knock it. That got me into bikes.
Literally any Japanese motorcycle with no fairing, also called a Naked bike, does the same thing.
Buy a Suzuki GS500 first. Find one with low kilometers if possible. They're a pretty cheap, no frills beginner bike.
After that bike, you'll know what you want.
>tfw I have a Ninja 250
>tfw I have a security job where I make sure no one fucks up a park and pool at night
>rip around the grass all night on a sport bike because fuck patrolling on foot, I have a headlight and a bike
Ayyy lmao I should buy a Kawasaki Versys or a Vstrom
Kinda digging the Versys 300. Every review says if you pull the ABS fuse out, gear it for torque, and put a rock guard on it, you have a capable dual sport.
Maybe those will be on the 2019 Versys 300...
Of course I could also man up and buy the 650s, but I also like having to keep a tiny engine revved high. It's a challenge.
But, off road, I'll probably want the 650.

Fuck a suzuki. Buy a Honda CB500F.

What is it with beginners always flocking to the retro bikes?

>ive never played metal gear solid before but whatever u say pal

>call it an F
>it doesnt have fairings

>poo in loo bike
Or you could get the bike made in Japan that is 100cc smaller but still 10 more horsepower, has twin 296mm front discs and adjustable suspension

F because it's a failure

It doesn't even have four cylinders either
I rode the CBR500R and newp. After trying the CBR650, I'm either going to wait for the CB650F, or wait for Honda to announce a retro package for the 650. No one has a mid size 4 cylinder retro bike. The CB 4 cylinders have a lot of history.
Come on Honda.
Legit though, the retro bikes look cool. Old UJMs are aesthetically pleasing. And retro style bikes have always existed. SV650, GS500/600, Zephyr 750/550, SR400. It just keeps going on. We've always had retro bikes.

You know most aussie cunts are just shitposters but I'm pretty sure you're actually brain damaged.

I god damn fucking wish Honda would sell the CB400SF in fucking Canada/USA. Fuck. The whole globe gets it, but we don't. God dammit.

i got into the bonneville cause of bob dylan

>the whole globe
A few islands in the Pacific is not the entirety of any globe I have ever seen.

too expensive for Americans no one would buy it, same price gets you a cbr600rr.
Yes.

Is there a real reason for this, or is it just marketing-spite?

Power cruisers would kill hurrley because none of the kids these days want a hurrley so Americans need to believe a cruiser has to be a half tonne chrome behemoth that makes more noise than power.

They are the same price as an ABS FZ07 but only have 2/3 the power, barely over half the torque, and are 45lbs heavier. If they did sell them outside of Japan and Cuntland you'd be bitching about them being an overpriced underwhelming Honda like the CB1100.

Big One is being merged with the CB1000R next generation, so that will be a global bike.

cb650f competes with the fz-07 and it makes 89hp to the fz's 75hp but the fz-07 wins in weight with the cb650f weighing 208kg with fuel/oil and the fz07 weighing 182kg wet.

Personally i would have neither bike.

repost from other thread

>Now, how bad/good are Urals in terms of reliability?

They are well known for the ease of maintenance (because it's a military machine) if you're willing ot get yourself dirty as well as the high frequency of required maintenance.

Nobody drives them in Russia, they are used as a toy to play around in the garage. Although you're probably talking about 1990+ Ural, we don't have them (export model, too expensive). Pre-1990 costs ~ $500 here and if you think that they have made a huge progress in the last 40 years then think again.

>because none of the kids these days want a motorcycle

>because none of the kids these days want a job

>because none of the kids these days want adventure

>because none of the kids these days want to unplug and see the world

Harley has nothing to do with it.

Too much avocado toast amirite?

Has nothing to do with the giant pieces of trash that they've been hocking for the past half a decade.

I have to correct myself, $500 for a Ural is expensive as fuck. I've found multiple posting like "2 Ural bikes for $220"

Yet harley is the only one struggling
Really makes ya think

>struggling

>buying Ducati
>partnering with Tesla

This.
In Australia Harley is 5th on sales, it goes
Honda
Yamaha
Kawasaki
Suzuki
then Harley
harley is selling around 8k bikes a year to Hondas 22k and that is not even including off road sales, Yamaha alone sells 11k dirt bikes every year.

>buying ducati
So harley regrets letting buell go to "focus on muh hurrleys" then?

So they should, fucking moron baby boomer idiots.

this is what's killing motorcycling.

Douchebag feminine pussy cunt-boys who don't know how to be men.

For all you faggots calling people out for keeping the stock rear fender on you've clearly never ridden in the rain before.

Fucking silt and mud all over my back and seat. But still, I'd get a tail tidy for aesthetics and for plate hiding. NYC loves cameras but Waze(tm) is the shit man. Like for real go try out Waze on your phone right now fuckers.

If I start frequently riding in the rain I'll invest in a custom fabricated rear hugger. Pic related is fucking hideous though. Looks Master Chief's ballsack protector.

I bet the james may looking sheila in that pic is more manly than you are.

Oops here's the pic, squiddy is cute. A CUTE.