China turbos

Whats your experience with them?
I have a china hx35 in my om662 swapped benz, leaks some oil otherwise all good

Btw that HURR BUY ONCE CRY ONCE shit is not allowed itt. The car is worth half the price of a OEM hx35

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6FNDvLPWxoM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I've used them quite a bit at this point. Generally okay, and if they aren't, a rebuild kit gets them sorted. They certainly aren't as efficient as the big manufacturer units, but they get compressed air into the desired holes.

My DD work truck has an ebay HX35 unit on it as well. Put a spare holset kit I had in it and have had zero problems.

Anything from China is generally a crapshoot. You might get a pretty well sorted knockoff (or even something basically the same as a high dollar brand made on stolen tooling) or you might get a hot pile of shit.

For stuff like OP's slapping a turbo on an old diesel, or boosting the fuck out of some cheap car you haven't dumped a lot of money into the block, they're a good choice.

If you are one of those guys building a fresh motor with top dollar internals and whatnot, don't nig out on your fucking turbo.

correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the turbo the cheapest part of turboing a car?

doesn't the manifold work, EFI tuning, and piping in an intercooler cost more?

OP here the turbo was the most expensive for me
Did the manifold myself

Depends, for me, my manifold was made by a friend and I paid $30 for it, intercooler piping is just cheap shit from eBay because it all works the same, and EFI I built a megasquirt and turned it myself because I'm not retarded.
I'm running a china charger and it's been great. I've put 10k on it running 14psi and it makes good power and still no shaft play, so I'm happy.

afaik not really, but if you want to go more seriously with your turbo (>0.5 bar), you need to buy forged engine bits like pistons, better crankshaft, and this shit is indeed more expensive than blower thingie

i could be wrong though

the problem with china turbos is that they have the lag of a larger turbo with less power potential than the size suggests, also less turbo life and a generally higher incidence of catastrophic failure

I heard somewhere that all the Ebay HX35s are actually HX40s but I didn't believe it.

Then I measured mine. It's an HX40 replica with a Super 40 turbine. Sold and labeled as an HX35w.

Might want to check yours.

best place to get rebuild kits?
how long can i expect a DIY turbo rebuild to take?
rebalance or no?

>that crushed ass square tubing
uhh..... yeah.

There's no square tubing anywhere in that picture...

Whatever that bracket is, it looks fucking awful, the bolts are smashing it flat.
Looks like some shit bubba rigged up in 5 minutes

you provide so much entertainment to this board thank you. I thought no one would ever trump notamiata

looks like it belongs on a piece of shit volvo, amirite

2bh yeah, it does lol
Looks like a total nigger rigged setup.

That's a piece of plate likely cut by CNC and bent into a U by Xao Chang, I can assure you that Bubba did no rigging here and the bolts aren't crushing it.

Post your nigger rigged mesh grill.

You idiot... Its a fucking bracket for the wastegate actuator..
Its stamped steel. Holy fucking shit youre RETARDED

I can't because I bought a real oem one to replace it lol
And it still looks like shit, good job.

It's the same setup Holset used on the original.

And it still looks like shit

Once I tell Xao Chang you thought your grill looked good I'm sure he'll take your opinion on a purely utilitarian bracket in an engine bay as a compliment.

Thanks for the input by the way. I don't know what we'd do without your wisdom.

Why not just route an electric blower motor into your air intake? Wouldn't that it do the same thing with but all no rewiring of the exhaust and adding oil lines?

Lol look at this faggot having a meltdown

If you had 50 of them you might be able to build 10-15psi. I would consider the turbo easier.

>hot pile of shit
LITERALLY CHINA

BOLTING THAT SHIT TO YOUR CAR IS DUMB AS FUCK

SPINNING CHINK GRENADE

put larger drain not the oil restrictor, when seals start leaking :^)

what kinda fuckin weird ass alternator is this

why not just get a junkyard tarbo
youtube.com/watch?v=6FNDvLPWxoM

>If you are one of those guys building a fresh motor with top dollar internals and whatnot
they can likely afford a decent turbo

Decent turbos aren't always easy to find at the junkyards that sell turbos at decent prices.

yeah true, they realized how popular they are
but look at these damn numbers from a stock block and heads 302 with a ghetto rigged turbo setup based on a diesel turbo with no inter cooler pushing around 14 psi

Huurr
What are the fudds of the gun world

Measure what exactly?

>generally higher incidence of catastrophic failure
What kind of failure? They fall apart and then those small bits of metal enter the cylinder and ping around chipping all your carbon deposits loose and giving you a free cleaning? Or the small bits get stuck in the valve and block it partially open? But the piston on the upstroke pushes the valve closed by snapping off the bit of metal blocking the valve open. So all is good then?

his dick

>Lol look at this faggot having a meltdown
McFurry, I am none of those other posters. But the purpose of these china parts is to be "just good enough" despite any inaccuracies when the chinese use their PC connected ball tool micrometers to measure out distances for their CNC to cut out duplicate pieces.

The only thing is that chinese metal is always a suspicious thing for me. I've bought metal parts that actually did fall apart with the proper torque during assembly. They were made of trash metal that was cast into shape, given a coating bath and polished up to look great. But they were trash cast metal inside. No refunds on special orders.

Chinesium metal. Thinner than normal. Carelessly cast instead of properly cast. Cast instead of forged. Pressed once instead of properly drop forged. Etc.

Compressor wheel and turbine.

>What kind of failure?
If you overspeed the fuck out of them far beyond anything that could happen in any real world usage scenario, the housing will break and send pieces flying all over the engine bay instead of containing them and feeding them to the intake like the genuine model.