Playerunknown's Battlegrounds General /pubg/

Nobody bothered to make a new one edition

PUBG is a battle royale style game, based on realistic FPS combat. The lead designer is the modder that made ARMA BR and worked on h1z1.

>Game site
playbattlegrounds.com/main.pu

>FPS guide and general tweaks
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=889517165

>Dev's twitter
twitter.com/battleroyalemod?lang=en

>Wiki
battlegrounds.gamepedia.com/PLAYERUNKNOWNS_BATTLEGROUNDS_Wiki

>Discord server for finding people to play with
discord.gg/p73xNDv

Previously

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=amunLrcDkIg
streamable.com/mhv7l
twitter.com/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/status/862174881189842944
twitter.com/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/status/862220767903178752
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

uhhhh, pugtards?

close quarters encounters are a complete coin toss right?

i do ok in them i guess, but i swear it never feels like i know why i won or lost. it just seems so random

just made this :

>2 alive
>moving towards last circles
>last guy hits me with Kar98
>smoke prone and heal and hope he's forced to move
>opponent dies outside circle
>Kill Points: 20
Damn is this how it feels to be a gangster?

what's that site to see the leaderboard?

he had DC/d out of game
thats why he wasnt changing direction

looks like he DC'd while in sprint

happened to me, my duo thought it was hilarious how my character was booking it across the open fields with nobody even seeing me

>2 alive
>"Winner winner chicken dinner"
>wut
>enemy player killed them self with cooked grenade

They really need to optimize this game if they ever want to increase their player base. You currently need a quad core Intel processor, and atleast a 780 to get decent fps at 1080p. Either they will optimize the fuck out of it or they won't get any new players.

>tfw stuck on loading screen
what do?

uninstall, solves every problem with this piece of trash

Like they give a shit. All they have to do is release one more map and a "patch" and their fanboys will praise the game to high heaven leading to more suckers with i3's buying the game.

rude

>squadmate always uses the exact same cover you're using
>despite being told multiple times to find different cover

At least your squadmate doesn't use you as bait, i don't queue with him any more because his definition of flanking is sitting in a corner waiting for me to get downed then maybe run to help.

Shoot him until he learns. Clearly you must use stronger negative reinforcement.

>play squad
>jump a mile away from the rest of the squad
>refuse to group up and hide in woods until squad eventually dies
>keep hiding in woods
>wow why are you guys dead wait why are you leaving the squad

t. siegeh

One of the most unfair games so far

>Drop into hospital
>Loot in peace
>Move into town
>Notice two loot crates in the sea
>Boat up, grab em'
>AWMs and 8x scopes
>Take up residence in lower Georgepol
>Take potshots at the silhouettes on the mountain, actually consistently hit them if they are still, keep knocking them out
>Circle closes in on us exactly
>Whole team survives

Did I say unfair? I meant balanced.

1st person will change that drastically

>when it's a 2v1v1 and both of the lone players are spamming flashbangs at you so you're blind for a solid 30 seconds but they're both too scared to run in
>when the last guy is such a cuck that he flat out refuses to move from the pence fence

youtube.com/watch?v=amunLrcDkIg

jfc this is amazin

how is /ourguy/ so BASED??

cuz lirik owns

>23 posts
>20 posters

kys lirik

KYS

Ourguy is the doc, kid

Started playing this last night because my neighbor wouldn't shut up about it. It's everything I liked about DayZ without everything I loathed about DayZ.

Still messing with dem graphics settings tho. It's tough being a whore still trying to chug through on a 7 year old 3GB GTX 580.

my guy is beagle and i fuckin h8 aussies

>playing duo
>land on the roof of an apartment to loot top to bottom
>teammate enters the first floor and starts looting.
>mfw

VIOLENCE

streamable.com/mhv7l

>ywn have as much confidence as the doc

Why live?

SPEED

>land on random rozhok rooftop
>kar98 and 4x scope literally right next to each other

Nobody made it out of there alive.

MOMENTUM

Are any of you even remotely aware of how pathetic you sound?

>you need more than a toaster to play modern games

Blowing my mind here

Don't respond to streamer-posters (is it even multiple people or just one autist?). Hide and ignore.

KYS

I literally jump and panic when I get shot at in the game.

It's fucking up muh plays

Where are people at??

If we're a bunch on the same fucking continent we can discord up and wreck some shit.

Norway so EU server here.

Has the game gone on sale yet? Just wondering if I should pick it up now or not.

kys

>grimmz drops on military base
>5 fucking kar98s on the first floor of the apartment he checks

what in the actual fuck is with streamers getting this insane loot, jesus christ

every time I drop at military I can only find a kar98 once every 5 games, this fucking faggot finds five in the first floor, what the ACTUAL FUCK

scratch that, he just found TWO MORE ON THE SECOND FLOOR... WHAT THE SHIT, STREAMER PRIVILEGE IS FUCKING REAL

>oh you found a 98
>here have a $98 donation
>seven of them

streamers are subhuman

the only streamer that doesnt get this shit is lirik

>get two ARs, full kit, shitloads of ammo and toys
>ded
>naked with a frying pan
>top 10

every fucking time

>kill somebody
>loot them
>they have two guns using the same ammo and a stockpile of ammo they can't use
Why does everyone do this

is there any difference between single fire mode and manually tapping on auto for ARs?

I usually do this when I want to find a sniper rifle sometime in the future. In the meantime I keep the 2nd weapon as a placeholder for scopes/silencers so they don't fill up my backpack.

>not carrying a spare 30 rounds of 7.62
I've found kar98s before with no ammo nearby, wishing I had saved a bit from before.

Ammo in my backpack is ammo nobody following me got to pick up.

>not picking all the ammo you find and then throw it away in the forest

I always have a plan to ditch one weapon for another. 7.62 for example is good for picking up an AKM for that massive damage when it narrows down to the top 10 players, or for a kar98 leading up to that point.

I'll also typically stockpile a few mags worth of .45 just in case I trick out a vector.

So how much damage does melee and fist deal?

I found 3 m16s, 2 arm, 2 scars and a sniper in the same building once

And not a single backpack for 95% of the game

In case you need to switch guns or find something interesting in the future. I always pick up at least 30 of whatever AR round I'm not using for any sort of emergency, I also try to stockpile .45 in the chance I find a vector up until the point I deem it not gonna happen territory.

I don't want to be that guy who finds a KAR or M24 and doesn't have ammo for it.

How big of a priority is optimizing this game for the developer?
It's painfully hard to play sometimes

don't worry they got th-
twitter.com/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/status/862174881189842944

-is instead

twitter.com/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/status/862220767903178752

probably your hardware though... I don't think there can even be that much optimaziation.
I hope they force maximum view distance, like they did with foliage... which will increase the vram requirement a bit.

I think most people run into vram limitations, so set the "view scaling" to the lowest, and textures to the lowest. If it still draws more than the vram you have, lower your resolution, and play in windowed.

Yes, because fucking animators are the same people that bugfix, program, model, deal with the server infrastructure, etc.

>Literally read people comments about SC BW remastered
>"why did they spend the resources on this instead of working on starcraft 3?"
People have no idea how game development works.

T. shill

why are there so many chinese on the NA server?

lolno

The game barely uses any vram at all.
Logs show no higher than 3 gigs at max settings.

The game is just extremely poorly coded.

>Solo

My FX 6300 with 780 ti runs crysis 3 on medium 60 fps or battlefield on high 60 fps. Get the fuck out of here.

im officially the worst player in the top 1000

tfw NA shitters top 1000 is still sub 2.3k

i managed to get 9 top 10s today with no wins, including 6 in a row

last one was 3rd place where i only had an uzi and a kar98 with a holo, never found a single other weapon the entire game and all my kills were unsafe to loot

almost every time i died besides that was some cunt way deep into the blue shooting me and then promptly dying to the cricle

im just gonna aim for top 10 kill rating at this point

Very low settings, textures on medium, with view distance at ultra, and and 120 "view field", is around 3.3gb. On ultra you reach 4.5gb+.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3sU-fNeK5o

kys

haHAA

That could explain it, also why I couldn't find him at the beach nor in the water.

Hooray, no longer starving.

GJ

gratz user

Is a 40% top 10 ratio good for someone with 30 hours?

how much bullet drop does this game have?

It varies from weapon to weapon, but it feels like it's more about how fast the bullet travels. An UMP will drop more than a M416

This game is fuckin great but having worked in UE4 for ages I just can't stop seeing the same stock assets over and fucking over again.

When are they gonna hire an artist and make some shit that isn't Generic Protagonist Garbs.

Each gun is different i think.
You can change the zero distance on your weapons, between 100m and 800m

pls don't encourage them, let's just hope they can figure out servers before wondering about people playing dress up

>servers suck
>desync
>endgame sucks
>early game sucks due to desync
>bugs galore
>hackers
>desync
>no report system in game
>no crash report system in game for an EA game (this is the worst)
>point distribution totally fucked for singles/duo's/squad
>catering towards streamers
>netcode atrocious
>hit reg atrocious
>scopes are terrible and unreliable
>no pregame lobby to dick around to get better/adjust settings
>gunplay feels great at times and worst most of the times
>line of sight needs a TON of work
>optimization is terrible, fps issues
>going for realization yet add stupid shit like pan blocking bullets

But guys, they are adding fog and more animations!

>literal bottom feeder tier servers
>lead designer tells everyone it isn't the servers, just the netcode
>turns out the servers are just as shitty as the netcode

Explain how such an inferior beta product made so much money. Is this what happens when a genre goes to shit so bad that the fanbase will do anything for a game that promises to be less shit, regardless of whether it's actually proving it or not?

Dipshits trusting the guy's failed 3rd (4th?) product with a studio whose biggest achievement is being a punching bag for shit MMO's and korean shovelware

Not a lot, but it's there. It's pretty close to realistic for medium-long ranges, i.e. 100-300m or so, but past that the bullets aren't really dropping enough because they don't slow down in this game.

If I recall there's a plan to simulate wind resistance(which is just going to be the bullets exponentially losing velocity, slowly at first obviously so it won't change much except for pretty extreme ranges)

Can other team still be able to hear you even if you pick squad only option for in game voice chat?

FAIR or maybe learn how to use the God Damn UI builder in UE4?

How hard can it be to make a reliable fucking menu.

I guarantee you a qualified individual could basically bullshit up a decent UI in a day.

It would have to go through different iterations before it was something they wanted to stick to obviously, but their current UI could get shitstomped in a day without a single doubt.

They are hack koreans who cant program anything. Look at their netcode, look how bad it is. Look at the simple bugs that could be fixed within an hour, but they dont for ????

why do you black out your names?

7.62 doesnt have that much of a bullet drop but it depends on the gun
AK/SKS - little bullet drop
Kar98k - little to none
AWM/m24 - literally no bullet drop

How hard is it to spot people with Gillie suit?
specially in the wood

I probably find a kar once every 10 games if I'm lucky, I honestly think I'm rng cursed

>implying top ten means anything
I could go afk and jack off every round and still make it top ten. The only statistic that matters is victories.

he thought 4chin gives a shit and would "harass" him

afk's at the end of the jump, obviously.

First solo win felt boring. everyone got off on the northern end of the island (the game was down to 50 people by like minute 3), so I was by myself for the most part in Fishtown Then I get an M4W from a box and that helped me skulk into victory.