Etrian Odyssey General

EO Guides, References, Music, Art Books, etc.
pastebin.com/6cmH2LjS
>EO V Information
sq-atlus.jp/sq5/

>EOMD2
sq-atlus.jp/sfd2/

>EO V Skill Simulator
waifusims.com/EOV/skillSim.html
jii.moe/EkvsTrdY-.html# (Class Skills)
jii.moe/VyvBiy6dW.html# (Race Skills)

>EO V item and quest translation list
pastebin.com/c4uzKptj (Item list)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Oz2FGmL0QpE2-Qkb8zz-t_MP_WEpDo6gzlA29-wJIDw/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0 (Quest list)
pastebin.com/8sJhutN7 (Conditional drops)

>EO V color editor.
edit.s2.xrea.com/sq5/
>EO V VA list
pastebin.com/gM4KaYjs

>EO V Game & DLC.cia link
mega.nz/#F!XkJiHBIb!vzL2CLjZZVA-yAGS7UZgdA

Previous thread:

ruined

NENE IN THE OP!
Ahhhhhh!
Best girl finally gets the spotlight!

See You better deliver Nenefag

That's the least Nene like Nene I have ever seen.
Which makes it definitely better.

Now about the artbook.
I don't have a scanner so it will be two days for it to get delivered.

Which means it should still happen in this thread. We average around three days currently.

EOU > EO2U > EO4 > EO5 > EO3

Thoughts? Opinions?

inb4 the one EO3 fag who calls everyone who disagrees with him contrarian

>not m'sheep

I would not put EOU that high.
Classic being a clear afterthought, the utterly annoying Grimoire system and blandness of the classes really make me not enjoy it that much.
Third place between EOIV and EOV, maybe.

Other than that I would agree with that ranking although EOV might get higher when I actually understand it and are willing to run it more than once.

But EO3 is easily the best game in the series. Sorry that fact triggers you so much.

(You)

Arianna a cute

That will change in ten days!

What's the best game in the series then?

So how come elemental is so hard to come by in EOU 1 and 2? You have elemental def and atk all over the place, elemental resistances, but there's like two classes that actually use it.

PQ

EOU has Alchemist, Ronin, Landsknecht (Chasers) and story exclusive Gunner and Highlander (Spear Assist).

EO2U adds Sovereign with Link Order and story exclusive Fafnir.

So thats 5 of 11 and 7 of 15 classes respectively that have access to all three elements (although 3 classes do need others to activate their skills and running all elemental skills might not be feasable for every class).

Every class can use it with oils and Troubador.

>alchemist
>gunner
>fafnir
>landsknecht
>ronin
To a lesser extent
>princess
>highlander

That's most offensive classes in the game, that leaves as with dark hunter, war magus (both of which are murder machines anyway) and survivalist ( which isn't all that good).

Oils and elemental troub buffs are never worth it since they only work with standard attacks. It'd be better if they added a secondary attack that dealt elemental damage after you land a hit.

It's not too bad in EO2U with a Fencer/Double Attack Landsknecht.
With both at 20 your normal attack will deal two critical hits with increased crit damage.
I read different numbers about how much Fencer increases your crit damage but your normal attack should deal 330%-345% damage compared to a not improved normal attack.

Which is less than most straight damage skills on 20 but some skills on 10 deal less than that.
At least for turns after Hurricane it's useful and since you want the generic damage buff from Preludes anyways you can deal elemental damage every second turn (or third with a Charge effect in between).

While the elemental aspect of the Preludes usually falls to the wayside they are still completely worth it.
Skills still get a damage buff out of them which in EO2U does not fall under diminishing returns which makes them one of the strongest buffs in the game.

>tfw playing the best EO game, EO2U

Feels pretty good tbqh

Overheal + vital hit. y/n?
Does war edge stack with staff mastery?

Where did the EOV in 5 days meme come from?
Why are people believing it?

EO American Birthday

NINTENDO DIRECT MURRAICAN VERSION

ALSO eo 10th birthday on the 20th

>NINTENDO DIRECT MURRAICAN VERSION

What?

>neneshit in OP post
Actual thread when

Oh fuck! I-is it finally happening?

>get Etrian Odyssey V in 5 days
>get Shin Sekaiju no Meikyuu 3 after five more days
>never get Etrian Odyssey 3 Untold because Atlus USA stops supporting 3DS

Maybe.

P5 is still pumping out DLC for the next 5 years
King of Fighters is struggling and needs more adspace
they are localizing more unknown games
Atlus is slowly moving to the switch

So, just get the gun and the bullets near one another and just wait.

If it's really for 3DS. After six games with EO IV engine maybe they're think about upgrading.

Doesn't EOV use a new engine?

nice wet dreams fag, enjoy nothing in 5 days and PQ2 in 10

Atlus USA doesn't want me to know.

You probably don't deserve it anyway

sad that this general went from despising untold to constantly begging for atlus's next rehash cashgrab in just 4 short years

thats because the few people who were against it learned there is a classic mode for them to enjoy

Sorry if I want usable Wildlings.

Look, a wild assmad purist appeared, capture him fast before this rare specimen runs away!

>EO's 10th birthday
>I've been doing this shit for almost half my life

I still remember my pessimism that they'd ever make an EOII, let alone localize it. After all these years, I have to hope that we'll see EOV.

That's becuase U2 actually did a few things right, so maybe with enough polish you can get a really damn good Untold.

That's cause grimoire fucking suck

Will it give four times the normal exp?

maybe, his base exp is probably shit anyway, golden turd is still a turd

What level should I be at for tackling the final super-boss in EO4? I just managed to beat Fallen One at 76.

depends
around 85 probably for chemical one, 95+ retired for non-chemical

rare Teachfag

If I apply a runemaster's rune with a certain rank, what happens if I use a lower rank from a different runemaster before it expires?

Does the refreshed rune have the stronger or the newer of the stats?

>tfw only 5 more days until the EOV announcement we've all been waiting for

were almost there bros...theres no way they aren't going to announce it...theres just no way bros...

I'm sure the 5 or 6 P2fags alive said the same thing years ago.

What are the chances that Atlus USA just says fucking nothing again

Great, time to do some more rare FOE hunting.

should i play untold 1 first before 2 or they are standalones?

None of the Etrian games have anything to do with one-another beyond some repeating elements.

Will Atlus/Chunsoft use the superior Fencer design in the inevitable EMD 3? They ignored bobshark after all.

Nene is forever

not part of a set, so zero chance

I can't wait for Nene's game to be announced for the west in 5 days!

Forever worse than ponytail Fencer.

>tfw only play EO3 because it's the only EO that doesn't lag when emulated on my toaster
How many years for that 3ds emulator?

I've abandoned hope of EOV getting translated so im just gonna play it now. Any team recommendations?

5-10 days.

you waited 8 or so months

endure the pain a little bit longer

If it actually gets announced in that time i'll be happy to drop it and wait, but i'll be playing in the meantime.

SO MUCH CAN HAPPEN IN THAT TIME YOU MIGHT EVEN BEAT THE GAME JUST

everyone around me is quitting.

i feel alone.

how do i access the dlc in eov? gotta do the tutorial shit first maybe?

use NTR

Use Luma locale switcher or whatever it's called.
DLC does not work with out of region games, even if the region lock is disabled.

Gotcha.

No fuck you, I'll show you yet
It's going to be years from now but I'm fucking gonna

ONLY 4 (Four) (Yon) (Quatro) DAYS UNTIL EOV IS ANNOUNCED FOR THE WEST

mushrooms aren't plants tho

To celebrate Etrian Odyssey I's 10th birthday in the west, in four days Atlus will be announcing a special surprise: the original Etrian Odyssey will be available as a virtual console title in the Nintendo Switch eShop. To accommodate for the lack of a second screen, all cartographic elements have been removed from the game.

>Start playing EO5
>First mission is to draw a map and collect 2 items
>no biggie
>fill out the map
>can't complete quest
>must have missed something
>wanders floor 1 of dungeon 1 for 2 hours
>erased the map and redrew it
>looked at every nook and cranny
>pressed A on every square
>cant turn in quest
>this can't be right
>look up online
>turns out there is a bug, if you draw in water spaces in the map it will consider the map incorrect

How the fuck could they over look that? I know some people don't fill in water spaces but fuck me.

This happened if you tried to fill in empty skies in EO2U's fourth stratum, too.

That would make the game more popular, sadly.

I quit for the day, it's the first mission, get it right. Fuck. Honestly turned me way off. Going to play something else. Wasted almost 4 hours.

No, you actually HAD to map the empty areas to get the map completition badge.

I have every gold medal in EO4 except for chests. What a nightmare.

whats the sign map symbol used for in EOU1?

Overheal only holds for the turn you actually heal.
So you would need two Medics - one to use Overheal and Salve or somthing, one to use Vital Hit.

I believe War Edge and Staff Mastery might stack.
Fafnir's Blade Mastery outright states that it does not stack same as Phys. ATK Up and Elem ATK Up.
So they might just have staffs let through to get through since they are so weak anyways.
But I an not a 100% sure on that.

85.7%
Don't believe the hype out of desperation.
I will be positively surprised if they even shit out a half-assed twitter post for the 10th anniversary after the Japanese 10th anniversary got almost completely ignored and we now get a forced stream 4 months later...

I believe it should just prolong the duration without changing the strength.
At least that's the interaction opposing buffs and debuffs have: they cancel each other out no matter the strength. So I would think the same buff prolongs itself with a weaker or even a stronger version of itself.

The outside of the map - you had to actually draw walls in the middle of the sky, if you instead painted the outer blocks blue floor jump would not activate.
At least for me it refused to do it.

I have not the faintest idea.
There was like one actual sign without anything else in EOIV but since then there never was something like that again iirc.
And we still got that map icon for whatever reason.

cute boy

Have you gone back to every maze to open the locked chests?
There is one on the third floor of the first four.

I believe so, I'll have to look up a list of chest locations. I'm not letting this go undone.

>op gave in to her demands

>best girl
Let's not get carried away here - last thread had Olympia as the OP so it really means nothing.

I remember when we had a loli potato as the op and the thread died after ~50 or so posts