The next car movie should have only this

The next car movie should have only this.

>Quick cut to slamming it in D at hihg speed

>Mission complete
>Gets out of car
>Gets run over
>movie ends

[PADDLE SHIFTING INTENSIFIES]

Remind me again why you fucktards are bitching about this? Work at a dealership and its no different then any other automatic.

There is literally no reason to take up center console space with a stick if it's an automatic. That said, column shifter > dial > buttons

>quick cuts to pressing (+) on the ford truck stalk shift

Looks like a fucking blender. Like they heard the term appliance and made that out of spite.

I guess because it's just such a departure from the whole traditional structure of a stick that's directly connected to the transmission

It doesn't really bother me but I wouldn't want a car with one.

>WE GOTTA MOVE
>SLAMS KNOB INTO D
>MASHES THE 4WD LOCK BUTTON WITH THE FORCE OF A GORILLA
>TRUCK SPEEDS AWAY AT 130 MPH

>its no different then any other automatic.
One has a lever and cable and the other has an actuator and electronic switch, one of which will break after 60k miles and strand you in a parking lot in the rain.

>Dial N For Murder
The long-awaited sequel to the classic Hitchcock thriller.

>cruising the highway
>Katy Perry song comes on
>Reach towards the dash to change song
>Car is now on Park
who the fuck thought of this?

It'll probably ignore that input. Like manumatics that deny shifts. And there's probably audio controls on the wheel too.

I was not prepared for those feels

>"too soon junior"
>*switches to sport mode*

>what is Motor trend?

>I've got you now
*flaps downshift paddle*
>shift denied

>decide to kill yourself, year is 2038
>go for a leisurely summer drive in your pristine '64 Ford falcon convertible
>knowing that it won't be long before the police catch an illegal emission-spouting problematic machine being manually driven
>see three faggoty electric police bubble-cars bearing down on you in rear-view mirror
>every one of the cops are texting or on their phones as mandated by federal law
>an automatic anti-manual driving barrier pops up and you smash into it
>you crawl out of the wreckage and are shot down by their automatic non-POC self-shooting guns
The future is on its way

>Take your illegal Subaru BRZ out in the year 2052
>Get in a traffic accident and die because your average family sedan weighs 8000 pounds

This was the real ending to Death of a Salesman

Even in the early 2000's a lot of vehicles would deny shifting into reverse or park when moving to prevent idiots from grenading the transmission.

That being said, there was a lot of transmissions that didn't care if you told it to kill itself, it would do it.

>*holds the sport mode button*
>*turns off traction control*
>*holds downshift on the paddle*
>*forgets the last step and still switches to sport plus instead of race mode*
>****

clickclick

click

click
clickclick

click

You'd be surprised.
I was driving a Chrysler 200 and I was fucking around and turned the knob to N, fucking Neutral! And the car engaged the electric parking brake. I almost fucking spun out and hit a parked car (i was only going like 25mph). After that I definitely will never get an Auto of any kind

Got to agree.
When I first saw these knobs I laughed by ass off.
But later I realised, why the fuck would you take up the so much center console space for a completely electronic selector?

Requesting the gif of the dude slamming it into D before drifting.

>I was driving a Chrysler
>It tried to kill you

On this episode of shit happening that surprises no one