What are the best starter-cars according to you?

What are the best starter-cars according to you?

I'd say cheap, easy to maintain, non-gasguzzling cars.

The holy trinity of Honda, Toyota, Subaru.

Civics, Accords. Corrollas, Camrys. Older subaru's.

E30 bmw

Why do people do this

Mom n dads car.

..so you pay insurance.. not you literally o_0

And they dont let you do stupid sht with it at stupid times.

Then when your old enough to actually need a car.

It Will probably be easier.

if it's something unattainable like lambo or a ferrari, I can understand but a bmw is just sad

This.
As a mechanic, I can tell you the best thing you can do for yourself is to start with a jap econobox.

It teaches you what you can and cannot do with a vehicle, your inevitable mistakes will be relatively inexpensive. You will learn your basic maintenance on a relatively easy to work on vehicle until you feel confident to do larger repairs... again, relatively inexpensive if you cock it up. Plus : There are so many of them out there that you'll easily find how to videos to guide you through your learning curve.

Once you've learned to respect the vehicle, and learned enough to be competent with your repairs, THEN you can move up to sportier, more luxurious vehicles.

The biggest and most common mistake I see is people buying high end vehicles they can only just barely afford, and then realize they have a myriad of issues cropping up caused by user ignorance or neglect... the vehicle quickly becomes too expensive to maintain and it winds up scrap. Then the owner finds himself barely able to afford the econobox he should have bought to begin with.

If you don't have the experience, DO NOT buy a luxury vehicle. It WILL wreck you.

E36*

Honda Civic, shut the fuck up, etc

Miata
4.6 Mustang
LS1 F-body
Maybe an E36 but don't bother looking for an M3, too expensive

Yeah, 1st gen LS swapped Firebirds are good.

RX-7 FC
Listen to this, the car will make you LEARN how to work a car well, and will reward you with the pure joy of spinning doritos.
Why not the FB? Too fucking old, bad aftermarket.
Why not the FD? FD stands for Financial Disaster, not to mention the FC is more reliable.

GOLF 2
O
L
F

fuck golf 4

Except the Corolla is miles better as a starter.

That's not the 240sx

I wouldn't start with a Chiron, go for something cheaper like an EB110

I'm faster in the corolla.
-t. NFSU2 Pro

>learn how to make the most maintenance heavy car ever as your first car

Poor faggotry and a lack of taste are pathways to abilities many may consider, unnatural.

4th or 5th gen maximas make some good power
there's better out there for gas mileage tho

weenie

Well, here in Finland, the cheapest option is to get a diesel wagon registered as a van to avoid diesel taxes.
But if we're talking about any other country: Cheap japanese shitboxes are a good choice

>mini weenie.

go cheap, go 'merican

Imo the mild sport variant of an economy car or hot hatches I.e. Honda civic si, golf gtis, Sentra se-r, focus SVT. Shit like that usually have enough power to not get bored with immediately, parts are cheap af, easy to maintain, have plentiful aftermarket to make your first car your "own" car in a sense. I still wish I had my Cobalt SS even if it was the 2.4 n/a

actually read that as "mexican"