Do you use carbon fiber wheels on your Porsches, Veeky Forums?

Do you use carbon fiber wheels on your Porsches, Veeky Forums?

$15000 per set

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PGGiuaQwcd8
youtube.com/watch?v=gWiTky3zZXQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes, of course. I have 20 sets of these.

Kek poorfag. I have 911 sets for my 911 garage queen

No, but I got them for free on my gt350r

>He doesn't have a carbon fiber car.
>Transported via carbon fiber flatbed
>To his carbon fiber parking garage
>As his daily driver.
>To the moon.

Must suck being poor.

>mom comes over to my carbon fiber estate
>lights a cigarette at the carbon fiber kitchen table
>mfw

Carbon fibre wheels are a meme and virtually unheard of in actual motorsport.
>inb4 some stillborn rally shit

it's all about magnesium

Yeah I got them for free after doing 100 heist set ups.

That's because non-metallic wheels are banned and have a minimum weight.
Rest assured that if they made rules at top levels permitting the use of carbon fiber wheels, everyone would use them.

Remember, if you see stuff on road cars that makes you ask yourself "why is nobody using this clearly convenient and performing part in race cars?", the answer will almost always be "because it's banned by the rules"

So what does Veeky Forums use on their Porsches?

lel

Most Porsche owners I've seen on here just run the OEM wheels their cars came with.

mine is all stock

more like "because it fucking randomly explodes under extreme force instead of slightly deforming like metal"

Fucking fiberglass ladders scare the shit out of me.

Stiffness is the 1 major advantage of CF wheels, as long as they don't fail.
They improve precision in cornering and drifting

Koenigsegg:
youtube.com/watch?v=PGGiuaQwcd8

on a Porsche:
youtube.com/watch?v=gWiTky3zZXQ

Magnesium alloys are more robust, so for high speed motorsports like F1, they are optimal. Could CF wheels make the cars go faster? probably not, because they need to meet weight specs. It could make the car more fuel efficient, but ultimately CF wheels would not add enough benefit to that motorsport for the risks and general pain in the ass that is composite parts.

Probably. I run carbon rims on my MTB and they're the shit. Light and stiff.

how strange i cant find any source that lists a weight to those wheels, no one wants to give an actual number and no one on a forum has weighed their set and posted it yet

citing the article:
"Carbon Revolution cites a weight savings of more than ten pounds for each wheel (a total of 41.2 pounds, or 18.7 kg)"

the original 2012 Porsche 911 wheel weight is:
>Front 22 Lbs. 8 Oz.
>Rear 27 Lbs

so using what was said in the article the wheels would weigh around 14.2 pounds per wheel

GODDAMN
RPF-1s weigh 21 pounds for a wheel size of 19x9

Fucking kek.

I run junkyard cookie cutters on my 944 24/7

Yeah they are obviously banned for safety reasons, there is not much to gain from a composite wheel that they need to ban it to avoid cheating.

There is a minimum weight anyway so they could make them out of cast metal if it turns out to be durable enough.

WEC rules don't even say they have to be magnesium (like F1), just that they need to be made out of metal