/mmog/ - MMO General

botnet-free Edition

This general is for discussing new, old, and upcoming MMOs, or MMOs with populations that are too small to sustain their own generals. If you are on one of these forgotten/niche games, looking for a guild, or friends, or just want to know the state of the game, ask here.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/4ykaqgvu

>Game databases
mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm
mmobomb.com/games/

>Popular foreign MMOs & MMOs in development
pastebin.com/iALuQdht

>Popular upcoming MMOs
*Bless: bless.aeriagames.com/
Dark and Light: playdnl.com/
Albion Online: albiononline.com/en/home
Ashes of Creation: ashesofcreation.com

*Russian version is closing down

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UGB0d_cNd1E
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDvYq7M78e_Cw0EpYqD8r5g5cxxDDRI4k
youtube.com/watch?v=bsJhPAjYMSQ
youtube.com/watch?v=KlD1u-EDx_g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You better not talk about NovaRO here anymore.

NovaNO is welcome here

How to gain motivation to play MMOs again?

>botnet-free Edition

Post some good game OSTs right now.

I'm currently playing EVE online but its more of a relaxing long term thing. I also really like fantasy games, probably a bit more than Sci-fi. So I'm looking for a fantasy mmorpg that leans towards being a sandbox a bit more than a themepark mmo. Guildwars 2, WoW, and ESO are fine (in my opinion) but they're all lacking either freedom with regards to activities (relative to something like wakfu or runescape) or lacking class diversity in the case of ESO.

Runescape and Wakfu would be fine choices, but wakfu seems dead and runescape is a bit grind-heavy, I don't mind grinding but its tied in with spammed cash shop stuff embedded into everything, and a lackluster performing client.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm also up for reconsidering any of the mmo's I've mentioned above. I've never tried archeage, but I haven't heard great things about it. I'm really up for considering anything. Maybe something with non combat options aside from a limited crafting grind (like gw2 and wow)

Thanks,

>computer is too poopy for FF14

I'd say you aren't missing out on much but you posted a shitty gif from some anime that looks like it might have some shittier filter on it. So who knows you might've liked it.

youtube.com/watch?v=UGB0d_cNd1E

def give runescape a go, i also play eve and rs in the same way, just relax take my time, chat with ppl, but yes rs is very grindy, i like to put some music on and browse Veeky Forums while playing

>tfw i play on ps4

I couldn't get a free PS4 for having autism.

does anyone want to be my friend on mabi

I mean, I've played runescape a while back, but I'm uneducated on what there really is to do. I said I want something sandboxish with roles. But I'm at the point where tasks feel all the same, with minor rewards. If I'm grinding wc, or even prayer, to what end? Of course you could say this about almost any mmo and eventually be right, and im not looking for a themepark story. But I guess the lack of character diversity, cost of entry, and limited customization have me wary. It's not dead which is great, and there is certainly a lot to do.

I guess in the end I don't know what you do in runescape if it isn't farming bosses or super basic skilling like fishing, cooking, smelting, and even killing.

Post lewd MMOs

Anyone here with Neverwinter experience? I just started and I'm enjoying it so far.

I didn't mean that to be personal or some random insult. I don't think FFXIV is worth the time but the things I don't like about it are things someone who decided to use a gif like yours might like. I just don't like the gif or the game.

I wish Vindictus didn't have classes.

well i suppose that's fair, but you're the one who wants a sandbox, of which runescape is a textbook example. try archeage, it's shit, but might be to your taste

It's a solid game in terms of gameplay. But its painfully pay to win, and if you have any experience with the developers it becomes extremely obvious that you're playing a game with the same engine/character skeletons as champions online. It's not as free as some mmos, but features enjoyable combat, and the pvp was fine when I played. Decent as a themepark that sometimes doesn't feel like a themepark. Close to being something I could stick to playing. What class are you playing?

Grindiest MMO you've ever played?
Grindiest non-MMO you've ever played?

>ywn sniff goddess pantsu

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDvYq7M78e_Cw0EpYqD8r5g5cxxDDRI4k

BDO
Warframe

I'm playing Scourge Warlock did I make a good choice? I'm not playing it too seriously so I don't know if I will necessarily care about the P2W I recently just took a break from BnS so I know how P2W can kill a game.

maybe

Yeah, for sure, but I wanted a sandbox in the sense that there was a variety of different gameplay options, rather than skills that differ primarily in name, but usually consist of trips between a location and the bank. Runescape is very very tempting, but not something I want to spend money on right now, but I think farming a game token might take too long to be reasonable. (I've got 2 in my bank).

As far as combat goes there is some choice, but it feels like it comes down to everyone being the same character, using the same armor. I mean, runescape is something I considered, but I just don't know anything in runescape aside from the skill grinding aspect and boss farming (and I guess pvp) which is a lot, I figure "maybe there is more"

Also, I've pretty much never glanced at archeage, had a friend play and quit it twice, but if its actually shit I guess I wont bother.

Hmmmm....

Best skill ever.

I played before scourge warlock was in the game. Its probably a fine choice. When I played the p2w came from purchaseable gear and cash shop pets that rather than following you around were basically tied to your character but gave stat bonuses.

god i hate mmos

bottom is gay design

There are WoW dungeons of all things like the latter. Players complained and said they wanted more of the former.

RO
Warframe

>shit tier design with a dependency on specific classes
No, fuck off with that shit. It was so awful in vanilla WoW that they did away with that garbage.

i wish i had a group of friends to just take our time, enjoy the atmosphere, rest and chill between battles. but no im a sperg who has to use group finders to speed through as fast as i can to not piss randoms off.

why only maybe, user

You're the expert on all things gay, so I'll take your word for it.

It was still going on by Wrath. That one plaguelands town where you couldn't tell what doors/gates opened and which ones were decorative was an insult.

>rest and chill between battles
This never happens anymore.
I remember ranking up the Campfire skill in Mabinogi thinking we'd have some awesome mid-dungeon breaks to just relax and heal up, and we did when the game was new and fun.
Now everyone has pets/transformations/consumables that negate the hunger and wounding mechanics entirely and everyone just rushs through dungeons as fast as their mounts can take them.

Why don't you play with us friends of the Veeky Forums? We're autistic too.

any pre-re RO fags?

Any phone mmos out there? Not talking about shit like game of war or Farmville but actual mmos?

Albion Online Soon™.

Avabel or Kritika. They're both kinda shit so dont expect too much.

why hasn't someone made a mabi-clone yet?
the game is no longer recognizable as what it once was

>making an MMO to cater to ~1000 jaded NEETs
You want a $1000 box price?

Cloning is illegal.

I miss 2D MMOs. But I'm tired of Maplestory and Dofus/Wakfu.

What else is there?

stop talking about mabi, you fucks, i don't want to touch nexonshit

>tfw still no 2d pokemon mmo

Nu-mabi isn't worth it anyways.

Pokemon Revolution is really nice. Though it basically plays like a single player game.

i honestly feel like a game that plays similar to old mabi-with more modern graphics, QoL changes, a better engine, etc-would actually do well in today's market.

i'm probably looking at it through rose-tinted glasses because it was my first MMO though

Any MMOs with good atmosphere that don't play like a WoW ripoff?
I've come to despise WoW style of gameplay just from seeing it in every MMO I've ever played.

BDO, BnS, Mabi, TERA

I can run it in glorious 720p on my chinkpad.

Why is the single, one handed weapon so underappreciated? It's always paired with a shield forcing you into tanking or a second weapon forcing you into edgelordom. Also how come only mages get to go unarmored? This shit's lame. Bum who picked up a mace or sword or something should be a class.

youtube.com/watch?v=bsJhPAjYMSQ

youtube.com/watch?v=KlD1u-EDx_g

Classes are a lie, designed to limit your potential.

How bad?

Come play your anime world in DFO!

not missing out on anything

This. The game is intentionally mediocre and the devs are retarded.

Name a better MMO for crafting and playing dress up that isn't dead.

I'd kill for a modernized, oldschool Mabinogi.

If they invested heavily into monetizing purely vanity items, the way GGG does for PoE, I don't think they'd have any trouble turning a profit either.

Classless games just don't exist outside of heavy PVP focused ones like Mortal and Darkfall.
Coop classless needs its due, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.
The masses need more WoWlikes.

>it's better than shit so it's something
l o l

>dress up
>erpers
also implying the glamour system isn't fucking garbage. uncessesary ui fixes before a glamour catalogue that gets people back into old content to farm pieces shows how out of fucking touch these developers are

>crafting
>hasty touch 14: an exlosion reborn

What happened to revo?

How many mats do I need to make this dish???

>Name a better MMO
I'm not saying it isn't shit, but there is no competition.
Also
>implying dress up is for erp
Pervert please go.

The glamour system was implemented in its current iteration to give new crafters an entry craft to make money, hence why we had worthless grades for crystals.

Glamour is tied to the piece itself, not to a set or separate system that allows us to simply reapply the appearance we want on the fly. There is no appearance slot, so you're forced to carry around or fish out the set you want and the crystal you need every time you upgrade a piece of equipment.

Basic, simple options are only now being implemented.

Gear appearance isn't "typed", meaning cloth is not cloth between two different caster classes. You can't apply Ninja appearances to Monk gear and vice versa, even though they're both lightweight melee DPS. If you tank with all three tanks, one of the three will most likely look way out of line, even though they're all plate/heavy.

I can probably think up some more, but like said, shit is shit. Drowning it in chocolate syrup won't change that it's shit.

I am not even arguing with you.
>Name a better MMO

>Name a better MMO for crafting and playing dress
>Name a better MMO

>Moving goalposts
No, we're done here.

I didn't move them at all, none of you never named a single other MMO.

my.com'd
or neatease'd
or maybe both? someone dropped the ball
also pay2progress lol

>actually trying to get an MMO recommendation out of complaining about MMOs general
We exist solely to tell you what you like is bad.

Wasn't looking for a suggestion, I know there's jack shit out there which is why I posed the challenge. Hating on things in MMOs is easy but naming one that does it right is a lot harder.
My mistake was expecting intelligent replies instead of whatever the fuck I got.

GW2, ESO, WoW, BDO, PSO2, Tera.
Unless you want a crafting mini-game in which case i recommend you playing some flash game like Jacksmith.

>ESO
>WoW
Shirley, you can't be Sirius.

>better
lol

>ESO crafting
>WoW crafting
>Tera crafting
>not worst tier
You had so many ways not to fuck this up.

BDO is the best answer here. It's a sandbox so crafting is really there and it looks way better for waifu dress up.

Wakfu, returning player. Don't have any leveled sidekicks or heroes, what's the best way to level at 104? Please don't tell me it's still a case of 'kill 40 enemies to get one level'

whats ur favorite /mmog/ meme?

Play the fucking games to understand what i mean.

Pretty much.
Or you can do environmental quests.

Also you really should level your sidekicks. You get more loot and free meat shields. You don't need to gear them.

i'd argue that any action combat mmo is better than xiv on gameplay alone

but xiv is better outside of that, so it's a toss up

I doubt anyone here hasn't at least played WoW.

no

I haven't.
Too poor to even buy the box.

Kinda. You could also see if there's groups for Tormentor's Pit in Almanax and get carried since everyone now seems to run it in the easiest difficulty.

Alternatively you could use the level adjustment system and help newbies. The experience you get when adjusting your level scales to what your real level is, which means if you also use sidekicks during it they'll be leveling up like crazy.

Oh, and Ambassador's Wing is a popular dungeon at that level I think.

Torm and Amba are level 111+.

ESO crafting is the worst possible experience and dress up is both poor and locked behind their cash shop.
WoW crafting is a pointless grind because nobody needs anything crafted and dress up is a joke since 90% of transmog gear hasn't had a VU ever.

>Name a better MMO for crafting and playing dress up that isn't dead.

I'm going to go talk to rocks. Goodbye.

>ESO crafting is the worst possible experience and dress up is both poor and locked behind their cash shop.
You haven't even looked at the games direction. Go look up some facts OR PLAY THE FUCKING GAME.

See you tomorrow.

Not them but ESO crafting is a meme. I don't know what they mean by dress up but I wouldn't say coloring stuff qualifies.

don't bully him, he can't help that he's retarded and talks to rocks

Thanks for this. Kinda what I expected. Sidekicks weren't a thing before I left in the past, so I came back without them having any levels, hence why I haven't gotten around to it. Leveling with them also dropped my xp significantly more than I was already getting so I stopped for a bit.

Trying to follow the leveling guide on methodwakfu but the xp is still cancerously low. I just wish there were more questlines like Chillberg which give you a few levels.