>Recommended reading
pastebin.com/ByiXrDGX

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11542461
strawpoll.me/12100304
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Hero

Can you off your friends in Soul Hackers?

why do you ask?

>Is there anyway to make the SNES smt games go faster w/o fucking up the music with the fast foreword button?

Anyone?

4th 4 CH4OS

Yuichi is angering me.

5th for downloading random programs from emails

Mute it and play the OST in a media player ;)

>mom gives him an allowance to buy her coffee and to cover his weekly expenses
>he wastes all the money on knives, drugs and body armor

Hero was jackass.

maybe she should have bought a gun instead of boring old food

Is there a SMT 1 GBA english rom?

Has anyone here played MegaTen 1 and 2? I might want to play through them at one point so I was curious if anyone actually did it.

no
there are people playing in thread or at least were last one.

This -> () but unironically

Which COMP is the best?

Demonica

Me, I beat MT1 a couple days ago and been playing through MT2 after beating MT1.

MT1 is a nice fun dungeon crawler. Reminds me of SJ alot but once u get to the part where you lose levels. That's when I started to abuse save states. Also in thr sea of flames. Minimal back tracking unlike SMT2. MT2 Is more like SMT 1/2. And is almost as fun as them. There worth a shot but they are a bit slow so I just do thisWas hoping one of you fucks would give me another answer but whatever.

You posted it.

GUMP, obviously. Nothing quite beats that level of absurdity, aside from the Saxophone and Umbrella COMPs in the same game.

Finnegan's Brass Knuckle COMP is pretty cool.

smart phones

Technology you can pound heads in with.

just beat SMT4, should I go for Reincarnation or New Life?

I messed up

Have you done the NG+ bosses?

In DeSu, does killing just the leader give the same amount of exp?

Reincarnation so that you can beat the other routes as fast as possible. SMT4 has one of the lowest replay values of any game I remember playing.

who are they?

2/3 of the three enemies experience, if I remember correctly

no. You get the most exp for killing everyone on that time in one turn.

When will atlus go off the deep end and add null/drain/repel almighty?

then Almighty won't be so almighty anymore

Demiurge, the National defense deities that don't fight (You) in the first run minus Masakado, Astartoth, and I'm sure I'm forgetting one or two.

cute

I wish. It is fucking cheating that if you cover all the elements the enemy uses, they almightyspam. Although on the positive side, having all your team but a single fucker immune to their attacks is just as good

Fuck women.

Also were is the thing I need to tensei the megami? In this castle cuz I explored 4 floors and it had nothing but incense.

Which game is this?

only Mother Harlot and Izanami are worth noting on NG+

The TRUE mainline game (s) KMT2 to be specific.
SMT is just some shitty rip off.

masakado and stephen are the only two bosses thus far to resist almighty, right?

Gore does too if i'm not mistaken

Didn't Satan in Devil Survivor 2 have resist almighty?

noah and lucifer from nocturne do so as well

and gore does actually drain almighty

Noah, DeSu Lucifer, and I think Yamato resist almighty

Maybe i missed it but how the fuck i can fast travel in Strange Journey?

>If MC is kill parter is the overworld sprite

Cool I always loved when games did this.

no

>Even in hell the menace of goverment theft is still present

Tax was not a thing anywhere else in the game why is it here now? Gave me a giggle over how absurd it is.

So how did you guys get into SMT?

I just saw the religious themes and thought they looked cool.

my cousin pirated his playstation 2 and a friend downloaded him almost all rpg's he could find.
DDS and Lucifer's Call was in those and I remember him playing them.
Eventually later on I got interested in smt iv since I was looking for a new 3ds rpg and recognized the shin megami tensei name so I decided to try it. That was my first smt experience.

I made a shitpost on /v/ about how all Jrpgs are the same bullshit and how also there is no character progression/making/stat allocation. One user said play nocturne and I was really intruded by the box art. I imagined a kid punching shit like a fighting game. I was not wrong and it became one if my top 10 games of all time.

I like the mythology and different monsters, and being able to silence people who disagree with me.

I thought the enemies being from different mythologies was sweet. If I remember right, Digital Devil Saga was my first

Played a shit ton of persona 3 and 4, decided to check out 1 and 2. Realized I loved the combat focus with story in between more than I did the story with combat in between approach and went deep into SMT.

Demikids dark like a real megummy fan

My friend bought IV on a whim and his Mokoi learned a new skill and said it was gonna kick some ass. I was sold since.

I was really into like the lore side of religion in high school, shit like the order of the angels and lucfiers back story and shit, so I picked up nocturne and went ham.

I was looking for a game similar to TWEWY, then found DeSu on DS. Years later an user on /v/ recommended SMT I for me and I decided to play Kyuuyaku.

this is me as well

X-Play.

I find that this perfectly fits my experience with end game bosses in these games

I saw some one post the lyrics to the boss theme of nocturne and i was like

>holy shit i need to play this

god I wish I could waste my money on knives and guns, demon racewar when

Yes
This is completely accurate

Watched a Persona 4 LP, liked it, bought Persona 4, got obsessed with it (playing the game past midnight into the morning on weekends obsessed). Decided I liked the mythology elements more than the fake social sim elements and started branching out,

Give it to me straight, is Apocalypse worth a playthrough?

Yes

yes
i like it more than 4

I happened upon Devil Survivor

I played Ghideon's godawful SMT1 patch
Shit broke halfway through so I said fuck it, I'll buy Persona 3, then P4 came out a year later and I got that too, enjoyed them but they weren't as hardcore as SMT1 I felt, and still feel like hot shit for getting the SMT 1 reference in the Persona 4 dungeon

Then from there I bought Nocturne and Raidou, Raidou 2 and got my sick hee-ho

And look at me now, I'm a degenerate who collects Japanese games.

I saw persona 3: fes coming out and it looked cool so I saved some cash for it and preordered it. Then I read about the rest of the series and bought Nocturne

Saw Persona Q on sale on the eshop, looked cool at the time, searched it up and said its better to play P3/4 before it. Led to me searching up the Megaten series as a whole, but I bought/played P3/4 before going in to the rest of the series.

Alright, here I go. Any tips? I was magic in IV so I think i'm gonna be a dexfag in apoc.

I saw this image
I had to know more

Played Devil Survivor on the DS because it for a short while was #3 best game on Gamefaq's list. Been hooked ever since.

Shit that was over 7 years ago

>No flat woods monster demon

DeSu 3 fucking when?
I really hope the tone is more akin to 1 then 2. I want to feel like a survivor not be in some pseudu eva project.

>Any tips?
Dex works only for guns and Str works only for Phys unlike IV.

You can't unlock through apps all 8 skill slots right out of the bat. You only get the 5th right away and the rest are unlocked every 25 levels.

Always have Dark and Light, as they're now normal elements and overpowered ones at that. Even if you're going full gun, like I did, always keep either Mudo/Mudoon or Hama/Hamaon in your repertoire. Most of the bosses until late in the game are weak to either of those

Since there are now healing spots MP Recovery isn't as useful.

Once you get a special story related sword you can actually equip it. In fact this game gives you most of your equipment for free if you do tons of sidequests.

Don't listen to Dagda, go stick with your friends.

>Dex works only for guns and Str works only for Phys unlike IV.
Right,I know if I go with dex i'm gonna be a gunfag. Thanks for the tips though!

Even though I like all SMT I mostly hang out in the persona general because I tend to love talking about P3 a lot but my god that general is fucking abysmal right now.

Holy shit P5 has turned it into post thor tokyo

t. Danu

Ignore this fool. Side with Dadga, kid.

Devil Survivor 1 was an amazing introduction to the series. It grabbed the "children saving the world" thing I was so used to in JRPG and gave it a dark-yet-realistic twist to it, I loved it. Playing the rest of the series, I feel the game in it's thematics were a throwback to SMT 1.

Two last things you should watch out for is that
a) Demons now have affinities that modify damage (positively and negatively) and SP cost.
b) Smirking is heavily nerfed, now it only hides weaknesses rather than making attacks miss entirely. Several skill abilities are now locked behind smirking (Salvation only heals ailments if you're smirking)

Also kill your friends, kid.

Unlike in IV, IV:A has an answer for Smirk, called Magon, you need this for YHVH and to fight the Stephen for the DLC. The game really shines on WAR as normal is baby mode practically. All those OP as fuck spells introduced in IV got nerfed as well and you now need to be smirked (Antichion needs Smirk for its debilitate effect to work.) Smirk has also been nerfed so you won't miss non stop if you fight a smirking enemy.

I wish the devil survivor games had better character art, but that is just a nit pick and yeah they're definitely an amazing intro to the series.

wasn't the point of Devil Survivor to be kind of a kind or re imagining of the types of games SMT1 and 2 were?

did you run into that bug where the battle music wouldn't change after beating devil busters? i hate it so much, why the fuck do you have to reload a save to fix it

perhaps in story, it falls a lot in line what the first few hours of SMT 1 are like.

Played Eternal Punishment back when i was a kid and later tried to get into the first shin megami tensei after EP but back then the gameplay was too hardcore for my kid self. Didn't really become a megaten fan until the PS2 era with all those games with modern gameplay

No, but now am faced with even a more annoying bug. After casting mappara I can't open my map in some of these tunnels in the forest of confusion its fucking annoying.

>game is called megami tensei 2
>only get to tensei one megami

Funny enough I never even got to see Izananmi in MT1 so I should not be able to get this robe. The wiki needs to be update to say just beat the game, no need to see her.

Vote for best mainline game here
strawpoll.me/11542461
Vote for best spinoff game here
strawpoll.me/12100304

here i am
so vote now

What did /pg/ do before P5 hit anyways? Waifufagging and P3 vs P4 war?

Fucking SAVAGE

Should I emulate SMT 1&2 or Kyuyaku Megami Tensei on my phone? Is KMT the definitive version of 1&2?

Also, do I need any quality of life updates/patches? Do they have different OST's?
I'd be grateful if you could help me out.

Don't mind the domestic violence.

>sissy

no mt2 no vote