I fucked up Veeky Forums

I fucked up Veeky Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

carparts.com/results/?N=0&Nr=AND(universal:0)&PN=0 4294942731&VN=4294954459 4294964569 4294959703 4294962180 4294966023&universal=0
jalopnik.com/the-incredible-mystery-of-the-camry-dent-1785413530
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Cry me a river. You will now learn from your mistake, that's what life is.

Tell how what the fuck you did if you want the out pity

>hitting shit
please never drive again.

Fucking phoneposting

Tell us what the fuck you did if you want our pity

Man toyotas sure can take a beeting just replace your light cover and dont be a dumb ass luckily it was your 90s toyota you fucked up

I realize i am 100% at fault. Back into a car on my way out of a store.
Anyone have an idea how much this would cost to fix?
Estimating $500-700

Why do you care? It's an old fucking Camry, don't fucking spend shit and learn from your mistakes.

A cracked plastic cover isn't the end of the world.

Invest in a screen and a backup rear-view camera instead.

Wash it, give it a light sand with high gri sand paper. Then spray some clear coat very lighty a few times on the area with everything else masked off with tape and news paper. Then buy a used tail light for 15$

Now it looks like every other Camry ever, congrats on passing your Camry owner initiation, user.

Year of camry, and trim level?

Kys, 4th gen is best gen
Not Op, but it looks like a 97-99

Hoping to keep it around for another decade. Bought 3 years/30k miles ago.

Wasn't shit talking the Camry, just that some things are best left untouched.

Daaaaaamn that's not even broken-in yet, I see why you want to fix the cosmetics.

thanks

carparts.com/results/?N=0&Nr=AND(universal:0)&PN=0 4294942731&VN=4294954459 4294964569 4294959703 4294962180 4294966023&universal=0
And a can of matching paint. Problem solved for like 50 bucks and you don't need to tell insurance... or you did. IDK

You might be able to find a taillight and matching bumper cover in the junkyard

No rust, no sun bleaching, no problems (yet)

>camry

And nothing of value was lost

>V6
How's them mpgs? Honestly.

Just like the rest of them jalopnik.com/the-incredible-mystery-of-the-camry-dent-1785413530

Its been pretty great. Drive a lot between work, home, and other areas daily and barely drain an eighth of my tank. Would probably be even better without the spoiler.

MEDIOCORE

not him, but 27mpg in pure highway roadtrip scenario, about 16mpg in city. I get 21 mpg average. This is on a 1999 XLE V6

how's the paint on the roof? mine went from fine to completely fucked in just a few years so keep your eye on it

That should buff right out

>Anyone have an idea how much this would cost to fix?

Lol who fuckin cares.

Fix the paintwork yourself best you can (most will probably buff off and be paint touch up'd)

Filled the cracks first if you really care about an old gold grandma shitbox

Go get a light from a breakers yard

That Camry sells for 700 lmao, you can easily buff that out with some compound and polish then wax

>backing into parked cars
you deserve to die. turn in your fucking license.
I have had my cars fucked up two (2) times by idiots backing into them. Only once did they leave a note and she refused to give me insurance information, and by the time I was able to deal with her it was too late to file a police report.

There was a woman pulling into my spot behind me as I was pulling out. Her car wasnt stationery

That's surprising. I get the same mileage in my LS400, which is essentially a heavier V8 Camry.

>I get the same mileage in my LS400
This is the fundamental problem with the V6 as an engine.

Still fantastic after 3 years no garage next to the ocean.

underrated post

If you took it to a shop they will charge you about $400. They'll buy an aftermarket lamp from Keystone and then do a repair to the bumper. Everyone here is blind. There are deep scuffs and gouges towards the center of the bumper, and stress cracks in the paint, you can't just buff it with some compound and waxing would be useless.

Go to a junkyard and buy a taillamp. It will (most likely) be an oem lamp at the least and will be incredibly cheaper. You can either find another rear bumper in better condition than yours (good luck) but it would be easier to repair it.

This would be easier if you had tools for this, and I'm going to imagine you don't so I'll explain this as if you don't have much money.

>sand with 180 to get through paint and start bringing the plastic of the bumper down to level the scratches
>sand with 320 to smooth out the rough sanding from the 180 and just get it smooth. You can finish off with 600 if you aren't using filler
>get filler or putty glaze and apply it with a squeegee
>sand with 320 to form the contour of the bumper, then finish with 600
>buy rattle cans of primer, color of your choice closest to the color of your car (or not, whatever) and clear coat
>feather (i mean sand) the edges of paint and clear around your repair area
>prime it
>paint it
>clear it

You're likely to have dirt nibs that aren't worth wet sand and buffing and runs in your paint if you lay it on too thick.

Have fun