What does Veeky Forums think of the Defender ?

What does Veeky Forums think of the Defender ?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=PRLFqa1y1Qo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They were not so good other than looks.
Incredibly unreliable despite electronics were minimal.
Bad interior. There were aftermarket companies that made custom interior for the Defender just because the stock ones are way below average.

unequivocally and uncategorically shit

>What does Veeky Forums think of the Defender ?

It's an off-road legend. Next

Are these truly the most overpriced shitboxes in existence? They literally have zero redeeming factor.

Even their offroading capability isn't very good compared to similarly priced newer Wranglers

fantastic to look at, amazing exterior and off road capability, way too expensive to justify purchasing considering their cost to run and other issues down the line

get a g-wagon if you really have money or get a land cruiser if you want reliability and things to fix yourself.

if you've ever sat in one, not only are they incredibly uncomfortable but for some weird reason, they never gave you elbow / leg room. they didn't even give you shoulder room!

That's because you are supposed to be capable of driving with your head out of the window, so the driver's seat is really close to the door

>four cylinders

>i-it's a feature!

Really good offroad when they work, which is about 25% of the time. The rest is spent falling to pieces. The teebs juste spammed it as the "offroad king" because muh empire but ask anyone in south america, middle east or africa what they would pick to travel and there's alway one name that will come out.

I know they've become the "it" SUV for rich people too stuck-up to buy an American 4-door wrangler to buy because it's always gotta be European, and in turn they've really ran up the prices on those things in recent years, but they're under-powered as hell.

And their small engines justy don't have any fucking torque at all. Fucking Brits. They can put a giant V-12 or W-12 in a fucking sedan, but can't put anything big with muscle in a Range Rover? Shit.

>yuropoor detected

>porkly Camry

no thanks

>front and rear e-locking diffs
>tough solid front axle that acts like a skid plate
>tough rear axle that maximises departure angle
>engines that go over 400k without a rebuild
>diesel Diesel DIESEL
>a million factory options and interchangeable
>really cheap parts and maintenance
>a bajillion companies for aftermarket support
Post actual reasons to hate it.

A Suzuki Samurai will perform just as well
>Inb4 rollover myth

as much as this is true, the suzuki samurai, panda, suzuki jimny, etc are incredibly short vehicles and are not in the same class as the Defender, Land Cruiser, G-Wagon, and other full sized SUVs for overlanding / hauling.

At that point, I could compare an ATV to the Samurai and state that's a better vehicle. Or a horse.

I ride the bus and I only like cars in my bedroom posters.

Good enough carfag?

You're an idiot

>tough rear axle that maximises departure angle

How does an axle affect departure angle? Land Cruiserfags are the worst.

Limey bastard detected

>4 door wrangler
>not a 2 door
fucking gross

m.youtube.com/watch?v=PRLFqa1y1Qo

Doug drives one. It must be Ok

>What is the 3.5 V8
>What is the inline 6
>What is the 5 cylinder diesel

It's an awful shitbox because old British engineering is expensive engineering, I'm glad the new generation is being made into a unibody overpriced mommobile

They were reliable until ford got involved, but always super uncomfortable to drive.

Euro ford eternally a shit.

I think they're neat. I see them a lot during summer. A lot of rich bachelors ride them around here on Long Island.

He literally states that its very uncomfy and horrible to drive anywhere.

>the only v8 is american

The sarcasm was lost on you.

I too just watched Doug's F40 video.