MX-5 More expensive than RX-7??

Hey guys, I am in the market for a new car. I wanted an MX-5 but a nice MK1 costs like 7k where I live, yet I can find pretty decent condition RX-7 FC for 4k....
This would be my first car. Should I go with the Rotatory?

Other urls found in this thread:

carfromjapan.com/en/car/589083b5e815510001ae3cf0-mazda-rx-7-1996
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What the actual shit is a "MK1" miata, and also, there's no such thing as a decent condition FC. They were shit out of the factory. That's why they're so cheap.

It's the one that came before the mk2, mk3 and mk4

Only go FC if it has TARBO

Except there's no mk2, mk3, etc. There's no such thing as a mk1 miata

First generation Miata, aka ''N.A''. It's commonly referred as MK1 as far as I know.

The RX-7 I am looking claims to have 46k miles on it, only. I want to do an engine swap in the future anyhow.
I mean, the Miata is like 2 to 3k more expensive. I can probably buy a decent engine with that money for the RX-7.... No?

This one doesn't, but the seller claims to have a decent, easy to install turbo kit that he gifts away with the car.

>First generation Miata, aka ''N.A''. It's commonly referred as MK1 as far as I know.
You don't know very far. It's NA, NB, NC, ND. Source; miata owner for 7 years. Never met anyone refer to it as mk1

Nice to meet you.

They're known as mk1 mk2 etc. around here and I have to remember not to say NA NB etc in conversation just because Veeky Forums has brainwashed me. That said, NA etc. are the chassis codes so enthusiasts should know about those too even if they call them mk1 in casual conversation. But I've only owned miatas for 6 years so what do I know.

NA, NB, NC, ND

>blowing your apex seals in 3 easy steps

A MX-5 with the same amount of miles costs 12k where I live. No way I can afford that, there are 5k Miatas, but they come with 210k Miles on it.
I really wasn't expecting this...I thought FC were more expensive and overall better cars..?

why do you have to be so fucking autistic
literally everyone including you knew what he meant by it

>Never met anyone refer to it as mk1
You never meet anyone calling it an MX-5 either, or someone calling aluminum aluminium.

>FC
You mean NC, user?

NA was the best Miata

fucking autists

Just pull the fucker apart and replace seals is it that hard? Not sarcastic or sadistic, user, but everyone jokes like it's a huge hassle.

If you're gonna own a rotary, you should at least have it maintained or maintain it

Don't you mean the mk2 rx7?

No, I mean the Mazda RX-7 F3CS....

You guys are just fucking with me, right?
>19 replies, no one has still answered my questions or given advice besides sperging about names

I'd rather have a first gen rx7 than any miata.

>FC
>first generation

First gen are cheaper than FCs and look 3 times better.

Can it drift?

Where did the FC touch you?

>all but the GSLSE are carbed, not FI
>solid rear axle instead of IRS
>recirculating ball steering instead of rack and pinion
No thanks, I'll stick with the FC

Looks like I won't have much of an option, desu. I just hope taking care of the rotatory is not a lot of hassle, the consumption kinda bothers me a bit too.

>Veeky Forums

Shop outside of your area a bit you should be able to get a decenct NA under 4k no problem. Dont get an FC.

But I was looking for prices in my whole country....?

I think he means rk4 mk3

>not importing one from japan

step up your game bro

Is it really worth it having RHD? How much does it cost to import one?

i dont know im just shitposting.

Well...I just had a look at this site

>carfromjapan.com/en/car/589083b5e815510001ae3cf0-mazda-rx-7-1996

And apparently I can have a freaking F3DS imported to my nearest port for only 5k...?

Wut. Is this a scam?