/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, May 10th:
AD 70 – Titus, son of emperor Vespasian, opens a full-scale assault on Jerusalem and attacks the city's Third Wall to the northwest.
1773 – The Parliament of Great Britain passes the Tea Act, designed to save the British East India Company by granting it a monopoly on the North American tea trade.
1857 – Indian Rebellion of 1857: In India, the first war of Independence begins. Sepoys mutiny against their commanding officers at Meerut.
1933 – Censorship: In Germany, the Nazis stage massive public book burnings
1940 – World War II: Germany invades Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg.
1940 – World War II: Invasion of Iceland by the United Kingdom

>News
EU4 DD 09/05
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-9th-of-may-2017.1020275/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod
mega.nz/#F!GBByDSgS!9ia87JfAeOQgADjGq9y4hw

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!vIQnEZJK!5YCtpPMElgZJ3DDaVSaxJqEGym87SKZxfx-uKVwZmqM

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

steamdb.info/calculator/
github.com/kyleady/TPlanet/releases
youtu.be/yqr1BnpY628
twitter.com/AnonBabble

White power.

desu

La Plata

Still waiting on suggestions from /gsg/ for Hoi4, and how to make it good.

make the ai not shit

>Rockwell never become president and send all nigger to Liberia and send more aid to make Liberia stronk Fascist black state.

how did this happen?

They were at war with Granada and I was at war with Portugal because of England, I look back and then this

The AI is completely and utterly dysfunctional. It just plain does not work. You can pull off operation Sealion with a single squadron of destroyers and 10 divisions.

Add Prussia.

where is the Hyper Prussia mod?

>implying any amount of aid could fix them
By your logic every black in America should be a genius due to muh programs.

I'll check in if the AI can be modded so they actually defend against this shit without resorting to essentially cheating. Can you elaborate how to defend in MP as UK?
As a formable state? Alt-History? Explain pls.

13th for meme venice

What's meme venice?

It would be slightly better than the rest of Africa at the very least, but not by much.

Doesn't matter as long all black are sent to Liberia. The aid is just making them a strong vassal state that help US influencing Africa just like Kosovo.

what do you think

*blocks your path*

Greenlander fascists are hibernating

Actual logistic, a better combat system, resources stockpiles, a OOB, but as people have already pointed out, it would need a mildly competent AI to begin with.

I have literally no idea, I wouldn't have asked the question otherwise.

come on, just guess

>actual logistic
As in like Oil/Food/Etc resources?
>a better combat system
We talking a rebalance? Or an overhauled system in general? Examples pls.
>mildly competent AI
So, I mean yeah, others have talked about it, but what situations should they react well in? Obviously Operation Sealion shouldn't be feasible unless you stomp...
>OOB
Now that would be a fun challenge to mod in. Similar to Hoi3 or different? In what ways?

I don't know, something to do with the fourth crusade?

Croatian fascists have awoken.

Was catholic->animism by rebels->anything removed?

nth for ANGR

making a mars map mod for eu4. any feedback on this?

Stop making EU4 mods.

yeah but why

Doesn't look that bad desu.
I know of a random map generator if you want some good looking coastlines and decent height markers, if ya interested.
I'll hop onto my other partition and show you what I'm talking about.

>As in like Oil/Food/Etc resources?
Yeah. Supplies actually moving around, either by truck, horse or train, and units having supplies they carry with them, and becomes ineffective when without them( a unit without start taking morale hits and eventually start starving, a unit without ammo cannot fight, without fuel, can't move etc)
>a better combat system
A general rebalancing can work, such as getting rid off the retard "artillery occupies more room in the front than tanks or infantry", but if something really in-depth you can look at War in the East/West combat engines.
>OOB
Like HOI3 is good enough, but it would be nice if it could also have independent/GHQ forces attached to the HQs that you can send into battle with your normal forces like, again, War in the East.

Rate it.

No, they animism just need to be the dominant religion and win the revolt.

i'd like to see about that height map. i'd have to do some editing but it is better than working from scratch.

can anyone help me Make a dual monarchy creation decision for a brittish and French union? I don't know how to code at all

>kleindeutschland

testing connection issue

>russian crimea
Why not just give them all of Ukraine while your at it.

steamdb.info/calculator/

Show me what you got

What a great way to scam people.

thx user

Ideal borders for Germany? Victoria 2 is the game in question.

The new M&T looks kind of fun.

?

Europe.

thanks

I am excited to try it, as well as look at how they did it in their mod

posting my WIP eu4 map rate pls

does anyone know how to fix province name size when it gets stuck and won't change if you change the text_scale value?

rate my pre Columbian meso america but no bullies. also maya is work in progress

Woops sorry replied to myself

here is link in case you didn't see it

Needs more provinces for more detail m8

Try to refute this. Protip: You probably can't

thanks senpai, looks like it will come in handy

What does a political party's religious policy do?

>that germany and poland
>finnish baltic
Better luck next time.

there is no ba'ath arabia

I never understand the rationale behind these. You balkanize some regions but unify others, it seems so inconsistent. I'd like just once to see one that actually has an overarching theme besides "I have a hard on for this nation but fuck this other one."

Playing HPM, can I still form the North German Confederation if Holstein is in my sphere, but Denmark is puppeting it?

It isn't called Hyper Prussia Mod for nothing.

>Start as Norse tribal count
>Conquer several duchies
>Have several sons
>Don't want to split the empire on death
>Don't want to kill all of my kids
>Quit

am I retard for doing this?

>no single world government
youtu.be/yqr1BnpY628

Fucking crusaders

Lad, you do realise the whole fucking point is to show preference towards some nations over others, right?

>all these retards posting inferior Europes

ottomans are at their weakest early on so not really

Is it just me or is HoI just not fun?

>westernize china
>keep militancy above 4 by holding off reforms in order to trigger the xinhai rebellion
>wait until the 1890s, far longer than it should take
>finally, small rebellion occurs
>funnel the rebels to the capital to force the xinhai rebellion
>rebels occupy the capital
>"qing government overthrown" normal popup message
>trigger xinhai rebellion by the console to see why the fuck it didn't work
>"is_civilized" shows as not met
God damn it HPM, I haven't saved since I was an unciv in the 1870s.
Protip: upon westernization it may be wise to save, resign, and reload in order to make all the flags get set properly.

I just find things like independent Catalonia or Scotland really silly, especially when paired with the French annexing fucking Wallonia or what have you. An implausible Europe is and imperfect one

Mayo in Texas when?

Paid shills stop pushing a shitty bloat mod WHEN?

may 15th for mayo in texas
try modding. It doesn't make it more fun, it just is more to do.

as soon as you stop touching your benis

Show me in this doll where MEIOU developers touched you.

Help me! I have all north german nations sphered, researched Nationalism and Imperialism, yet I still can not form NGF. Help me, I'm using HPM.

On the "Genocide Natives" button.

Do you own Elsass-Lothringern?

No, but Elass-Lothringern is south german..

You can genocide native thru event chain as long as you pick a correct native policy and picking correct colonial government.

Remind me to incorporate a genocide mod in EU4 called the "Diary of A Frank"

You have to own Elsass-Lothringern to form any Germanic Union. Now declare a war on Frog and make uncle Willy proud.

That won't actually stop every province having 5000 niggers that rise up every month though, will it, cunt?

This dude is one of the worst starts

I don't think that's right, you only need it to form Germany not NGF

>starting before 1066

That moment when you're Prussia with 0 infamy, but HPM gives you an event removing 10....

>finally get the time to tryout Victoria 2 seriously
>play as Russia
>play as isolationalist, focusing in literacy and later of industries
>still new to the game
>see several crisis averted about grece, cuba and other shit corners of the world
>start to get get confortable with the mechanics of the game
>think im doing pretty well
>suddenly the United Cucks of Great Britbongistan start demanding the independence of Poland out of fucking nowhere
>Willing to go to total war over it
>wtf.jpg
>NGC and austrians back them up
>french went to my side for whatever reason
>tfw thrown into WW1 in 1858

Am i supposed to just suck the anglo dick everytime it has an autism spurge with their friends or what? All i wanted wall to make Russia great for once

>Complain EUIV being ahistorical.
>Whine where mod remove ahistorical 'genocide button'
Do you fucking think that Spain land on a New World and proceed to genocide 5000 natives? No it's not you fucktard. Same with Portugal and their Africa-Asia holding. You are just baby who cry every time native rebelled despite that shit also happen in real life.

>>play as Russia
>>play as isolationalist,

What about Saxony? If I remember, Austria hold one North German province.

Now you understand why isolationsims was only possible for the US because they had oceans separating them from all other great powers.

>that broken english
>that butthurt i want the game to simulate genocide of indigenous peoples as hapoened in real life
Top kek, how will MEIOUIDF ever recover?

Newfoundland natives got 100% genocided senpai. It wasn't that common but it happened

Help, did I fuck up by having 0 infamy as Prussia in 1948, since now I should have -4 infamy, but instead it's only 0.

>funnel the rebels to the capital

How do you do this?

TELL ME HOW TO TO GET KEKED IN THESE CRISES NOOOOOOOOW

If you get crisis'd for an area that you have cores on, and you won't win the crisis war, just offer them their terms. You can just remove it from their sphere (because you're adjacent and the other nation probably isn't) and reconquer it soon after, or in some cases you can just sphere it yourself and it will petition for annexation.