The War on Cars

youtube.com/watch?v=k8Lo0ieyQtQ

Thoughts on this, Veeky Forums? How accurate are the statements the video is making? Do you feel free when you drive your car around?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8rh6qqsmxNs
youtu.be/goVjVVaLe10
youtu.be/iHzzSao6ypE
youtu.be/r_NLi63AdvU
youtube.com/watch?v=5Q0Svvdrx_E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Cars are more diverse than they ever have been
Every company is now making great cars, even Chrysler.

But it's with the new generation that has been sheltered all their life have no idea that a car can serve a purpose besides basic transportation, which is the problem

Everything now has to have MUH SAFETY for MUH CHILLUNS

Agree 100%, I really enjoy those Prager University videos. Cars no longer inspire a sense of pride

Bump

It's going to be difficult for Gen Y to defend old cars indefinitely. In the end, it'll probably become so niche that they won't be allowed on public roads.

She's very "muh govment/evil regulations" but there's some truth to what she's saying.

There is a push towards better fuel efficiency, electric cars, and public transportation. There's nothing inherently wrong with this though.

We'd all gladly accept better fuel efficiency. Electric cars can only get better.

ICE cars, as long as they're not banned outright, should be left to their own devices and have the market decide if they should be kept around.

Better public transportation actually frees up the roads for use, which is good for those of us who enjoy driving. Being in a big city with good public transportation sometimes makes it easier and cheaper to get around. There are drawbacks of course but it's not the end of the world.

only thing wrong is that cars are way heavier

more insulation and safety and general features you retard

>bubble-wrapping the world for retards is a good thing

Neck yourself

>Do you feel free when you drive your car around?
I'm not gonna give whatever video that is a view, but no I don't. But that's because I live in a cuck state with strict inspections and they keep failing my shitbox for trivial shit when it functions just fine. I'm constantly looking half a mile up the road to see if there's any cops coming so I can duck into a driveway and avoid a ticket because I don't have a goddamn cuck-sticker on my windshield.

I don't think you understand how ridiculous these death traps were before the 90's.

Things like safety belts, airbags and loads of other features save lives.

when I drive I feel like I cant wait to get out of it its a fucking chore

its a huge waste of money on top of that

but America is a cucktry with companies funding them and its been that way forever so they designed the whole layout around cars

thank goodness the governments are becoming woke and fighting back against the shit

walking or biking offers much more freedom while also letting you experience the world you miss in a vehicle

It's not sheltering ,new generation is too poor to see cars as more than basic transport

Who gives a shit? I don't want to save my body, I want to have a car that isn't total shit.

t. worthless existence

People have families and people they care about, you know?

Why the fuck do you keep posting here then?

> Taking away a car lane to create a bike lane or expand a pedestrian path which has been dangerously small
Good - create a variety of choices for people to get around town
> Taking away a car lane to create a bus lane in an area where buses would usually get stuck in traffic and become therefore a useless mean of transportation requiring several times the time it would take to get there by car.
Good - create a variety of choices for people to get around town
> Banning car traffic on a narrow street to allow pedestrians get around safely when there is a parallel street on the next block for car traffic
Good - cars don't need to be used for getting from door to door. Simply park your car and walk. Unorganized traffic planning (allowing all directions of travel on any street) cause massive traffic jams.
> Declaring cars evil, banning cars, making crippling limitations on car use.
Bad. Limiting people's options and rights just because you hate cars or people does not benefit anyone.

Pure bullshit.

Are libertarian types just fucking retarded or something?

They believe that a supernatural being will hand hold a person with enough faith in it away from trouble.

Maybe they should put down the fucking burger/coffee/makeup/phone and learn to drive for once in their normie fuck lives.

More like they believe in people being responsible for themselves for once in their goddamn lives. Handing over control to the rich and powerful doesn't make you smarter or suddenly popular. All it does is out you for the lap dog that you clearly are.

Keep crying personal responsibility while a texting idiot t-bones you.
Or auto-braking cars can save you the broken car and bones.

I agree with that, but with the sheer amount of them, accidents are just bound to happen.

youtu.be/8rh6qqsmxNs

Would you prefer the end of shockwave traffic jams if cars can talk to each other?
youtu.be/goVjVVaLe10

youtu.be/iHzzSao6ypE

>Changing human behavior

Yeah, that simple solution will never work

Fucking retards in the comments, Jesus Christ.

"SELF DRIVING CARS IS THE FUTURE, THIS IS THE MOST SAFEST AND INNOVATE KIND OF TECHNOLOGY EVER KNOWN TO MAN! FUCK HUMAN OPERATED CARS."

I hope autonomous cars comes with a gas diffuser inside the car.

This video is exactly Veeky Forums. Slowing down the roads in fucking jalopies though

You sound like a fucking moron. Self driving cars would eliminate everything in the video because the human element is not in control. This is coming from someone who thoroughly likes driving as well. The human element fucks driving for everyone

crossovers and trucks maybe but cars definitely arent diverse as they used to be

>Self driving cars would eliminate everything in the video because the human element is not in control.

Yeah, okay sure. Dumb shill.

This post pretty much sums it all up.

I feel like at this point enjoying, not just having, a car is a hobby. One the newer generations don't seem to like.

Personally I still have my bike, so most shit doesn't apply to motorcycles, yet. But I'm free as fuck on a bike, even from traffic.

>Simply park your car and walk.
Seattle. No parking available.
Fortunately, self driving cars will solve this. When I go to a store downtown, I'll just instruct the car to circle the block until I'm ready to go.

>Unorganized traffic planning
One person's 'unorganized' is a regulators 'traffic calming'. If you look at traffic jams and think 'Why can't these morons just re-time the lights?' Then look at it from the anti-car perspective 'We'll make them idle in traffic for hours to discourage driving. Who cares about the pollution? Only niggers live downtown anyway.'

>Cars are more diverse than they ever have been

A purely car based society doesn't work. The more driving, the worse it gets. You can't outbuild traffic. You expand a road by 50%, traffic grows by 70%. You expand a road by 100%, traffic grows by 150%. And it's not just the mere resource effort of building infrastructure, it also very obviously affects urban planning and even social bindings. There's no warfare on cars, there's merely a movement to provide the much needed alternatives for people that demand them or for places where this level of car mobility is unsustainable; and cars will remain the method of transport where other forms aren't viable or for the enthusiast motorist.

>Fortunately, self driving cars will solve this. When I go to a store downtown, I'll just instruct the car to circle the block until I'm ready to go.
I can see this becoming a bigger problem than parking, lel
fucking idiots will hate that they reduced parking spaces when the streets are jammed 24/7

burgers

>Why can't these morons just re-time the lights?
Because it would require a permanent green light to unjam traffic that bad.

traffic calming is sadly a necessary evil, otherwise you get morons driving at freeway speeds on the streets
t. civil engineering student

If you truly believe in what you wrote then you clearly don't understand anything about how modern politics work.

he's kinda right though, it's desirable to have a good and efficient public transportation system, it frees up the roads
look at all the normalfags wanting self driving cars, those people would do better with a proper public transportation system. In Europe, for example, there's plenty of trains to go anywhere and it's cheap as fuck, then you have buses and metros in the cities

>have to plan your day around a slow, timed system
>have to commute with smelly undesirables and literal criminals everywhere i go
>have to be exposed to the shitty weather
and stay there

And yet we dare not ask people to stop having kids
God forbid we get more breathing/elbow room and things get a little more managable

this honestly

There's still plenty of elbow room, but don't expect to get it in cities.

this
enjoy your failing society if population ageing becomes widespread like it's in my country
the social security system is on the brink of collapse

I want less people driving, have you seen these fucking idiots on the roads? My dream is a world where all these normies who don't care about driving just take the bus or train or something and manufacturers only make sports cars because only enthusiasts still drive.

youtu.be/r_NLi63AdvU

Shut the fuck up, stupid liberal.

Based technoviking

>Complains about high cost of cars
>Complains about econoboxes
Spotted the contradiction.

>you get morons driving at freeway speeds on the streets

That's what cops are for.

Sorry. We're out of drivers licenses.

You just figure out what the road capacity is and draw a line at some testable level of competency that cuts off the requisite number of people below that line.

Living in Seattle, I've noticed the steady reduction in parking as well as any parking that is available has gone up in price a ways. Last time I had to pay for parking it was something like $20 for four hours by the pier. Other areas are cheaper though.

It's because they spend all their money on electronics and service plans. Plus no one's stopping them from buying used. I drive a $4300 muscle car. But you people would rather buy some new POS that has iPhone integration.

>I don't think you understand how ridiculous these death traps were before the 90's.

People drove cars for over 90 years prior to the late '90s when all this crash stuff really took off. There's no fucking need to mandate a fully bubbled wrapped car that idiots can't kill themselves in.

And I'm not talking about the difference between a 1950 Nash and a modern car--I'm talking about just the last two decades. No one thinks about a 1994 Grand Cherokee and says "OMG what a deathtrap you're not going to live a week." But the '94 weighs OVER ONE THOUSAND POUNDS LESS than the 2017.

I like cars

this is supposed to be a board for people like me after all

sheltered autist detected

explains most of Veeky Forums tbqh

why buy an old piece of shit like you have when you can get a good car

lol I like how my car from 27 years ago got 4 star ratings with no airbags

>tfw no more fun cars
goddammit, I don't care if I die if I look at ice wrong, that's my own goddamn fault. I just want to be able to have fun. I feel like I missed out on the generations of fun cars - and now I have to buy something classic and deal with that headache to have any fun.
I think the last breath of a true muscle car was a crown vic police interceptor, and even that's iffy.

>PragerU

directly into the fucking trash, not only is it american trash, but it is conservative american trash

The new generation is not too poor
They are just too stupid to do an oil change or any kind of basic maintenance that owning a vehicle becomes costly (especially the vehicles these new kids expect to drive) because of no preventative maintenance. They drive it until something catastrophic happens and now it is too costly to fix. They think of it like a dvd player you use it until it stops working and buy a new one.

shithead

What state is that? Even commiefornia isn't that cucked

besides the anti electric propaganda i agree with this

That's actually a fucking great idea.

not him but I'd rather have a fun time driving an older car that costs me less money and is easier to work on than spend a shit ton of money for a worse experience

But autonomous transport is the future.

>fucking idiots will hate that they reduced parking spaces when the streets are jammed 24/7
lmao this

There's definitely a war on cars in Europe. The US is too big to ever be forced to go electric. The infrastructure isn't there

It's called culling the herd

>the utterly ridiculous status and pervasiveness of the laws anymore in USA
>feeling "free" anywhere for any reason in any measure

I fucking wish, what a wonderful world it would be where that is possible. Most of the time I feel like I can't even scratch my balls in the privacy of my own home without it being a technical felony of some law buried 10,000 clauses deep in some obscure section you'd need to dedicate your life to studying just to find but you can guarantee will be rabidly enforced by our cunting "justice" system.

As for the video:

>shortsighted "progressives" and "liberals" eroding the very freedoms that make their retardation possible in order to fuck over their countrymen AND the environment in pursuit of an undeserved masturbatory pat on their own back
>we want fewer cars in X area so we'll just make it less convenient for their use... nevermind that we're not replacing the need for transportation to/from these areas with realistic solutions, we'll just exacerbate the existing problems and expect that to work everything out

Why am I reminded of Obamacare, a.k.a. the Tax for Being Alive paid to corporations? Nurr let's not address WHY people do or don't do thing (insurance+healthcare mutual cost inflating circlejerk raising prices on both ends to the point that nobody can afford anything unless they're already paying the insurance ransom, DEFINITELY bankrupt yourself paying something for nothing or MAYBE bankrupt yourself if a 1 in 100million odds tragedy happens gee I fucking wonder which makes more sense), let's just mandate some fuckery and it'll somehow work itself out durr.

>why buy an old piece of shit like you have when you can get a good car

Implying new=good

New cars are OBJECTIVELY superior to old cars in every single measurable way.

lel no
in MPG and safety maybe, old cars are better in every other regard

New cars are
>more comfortable
>better equipped
>more efficient
>cleaner
>faster
>safer

>Do you feel free when you drive your car around?
Considering I was just driving around in the rain at 7am powersliding a Jeep down one of the main roads in town and I've only once been given a ticket for driving 5mph over the speed limit, yes.

Why the fuck are you even here you imbecile?

>more comfortable
>better equipped
lmao nope
>more efficient
>cleaner
mpgs
>safer
safety
>faster
not always

>a slow, timed system
doesn't have to be like that, see yurop
just go die in a hole already faggot

it's over

it's all over

hold me Veeky Forums

Renault disagrees.

>never again

why are you so triggered

I like cars why else would I be here

so edgy
its almost like its 2007 in here

>bunch of slow pieces of shit in a parking lot

that goes down every day

>I like cars why else would I be here
but you said driving them is a chore

>that goes down every day
you'd know about being a slow piece of shit, pedestrian.

driving is a chore

who says you have to enjoy driving to enjoy cars

cars are shit if youre not pushing them

>pedestrian.
are you trying to roleplay a hardass cop

and shit my car would beat literally everything in that photo despite how slow it is

Renault never brings cool shit over the pond. They just sell rebranded Dacias here.

Clarkson nailed the feel of the end of the car with this clip i think

youtube.com/watch?v=5Q0Svvdrx_E

Prager U is generally pretty great, but this was one of their worst videos in a while.

yes
texting and driving
min 1 year license suspension
max 18 month imprisonment
min fine $600
max fine $2000

>roastie
not watching

>the government hates car culture
>government literally subsidizes the auto industry through bailouts, billions a year in highway repair, and regulation of lending
muh coal roller

They are all of those things, when was the last time you were in a new car?

Any car, whether it's a VW Golf, a Ford Mustang, or a fucking Jeep Cherokee is faster, safer, and more fuel efficient than a version from 25 years ago. They are also more reliable, have better interiors and vastly better technology.

>so edgy
>projecting this hard
kill yourself cuck

>Any car, whether it's a VW Golf, a Ford Mustang, or a fucking Jeep Cherokee is faster, safer, and more fuel efficient than a version from 25 years ago.
Wrong. Back in the day you could buy the cars that raced in group B.
>They are also more reliable
Mostly true
>have better interiors
wrong
>and vastly better technology.
Mostly yes but not always

(((better interiors)))

>proceedes to act even more edgy and underaged

kek

youre wrong on every level with the exception of reliability and tech

>hates driving but "loves" cars
>not underage

>thinks driving is fun
>not underaged

its only fun if you break the law

>Wrong. Back in the day you could buy the cars that raced in group B.
what does that have to do with anything he said? protip dude, the production version of group b cars are slow, unreliable expensive pieces of shit. gtfo underage

Teslas have OBD ports? I'd install a chinky HUD projector because that setup looks fucking retarded.