/aog/ - Attorney Online General

you know it's bad when someone who left both the game and community makes the thread general edition

/aog/ is a place to primarily Attorney Online but also Ace Attorney in general.
Whether you want to talk about your favorite cases or characters it's all welcome here.

>What is Attorney Online?

In short: It's multiplayer Ace Attorney.
AO is a virtual chatroom/courtroom mix which we use to perform improvised AA-like trials, Civil Cases, Class Trials, Jury Cases and more! Choose from a wide selection of AA characters (and guest characters), pick a position (Defence, Prosecution, Judge, Witness, etc.) and dive into a whirlwind of logic, banter, theories and memes.

Come join us on our server:
Attorney Online Vidya (Dedicated)

>The Main Reference Doc (contains AO downloads, rules, FAQs, polls and more):
docs.google.com/document/d/13DDwBcpxQp3p7AQDSLLf6TysJTsDr_EbypQs45zHZ-4/edit

>AO Quickstart Guide (joining the server, using the client, etc.):
docs.google.com/document/d/1gwg1AVZPlPAFy3aWAW28e9lH1vjIk4d8jOt3mChoy74/edit#

>Gameplay footage?
Streams typically run in the evening, US time. You can also check out recordings of previous cases via lawfuldickish on twitch.

Alternatively, you can look through our Case Archive to find completed documents and recordings of cases:
ace-attorney-vidya.wikia.com/wiki/Case_Archives

>Archive Initiative (for case recordings)
drive.google.com/open?id=0B1A-2r36taNbZEM5Q3dGVXFIZnc

>Theme Template Archive for AO2:
docs.google.com/document/d/1CuduJm723hEVhPnxHl0n16BJ9scASwyH_8TzV4d-TjU/edit

>How to create black footage for the 3DS games
docs.google.com/document/d/1k5wNNmF2-i6U4AI0zI7dkIJK9iChx36k2e3VW1bzofk/edit#

>News
Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 trailer: youtu.be/uOqR-y7jXKQ
Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 browser demo: capcom.co.jp/dai-gyakuten2/trial/

First for wew

Second for "This is what happens when the playerbase is busy playing or otherwise contributing to the game".

Let the thread die.

no

>"""""""busy"""""""
>""""""""""""""contributing""""""""""""""
topkek

>you accidentally help the rival bench's case

Ugh now that faggot Verin thinks he's a good Manfred.
When do we ban him for ruining cases?

Been gone for some months now and want to get back into this. What are the new meme and meta discussion?

Nothing has changed.
Dive on in, bud.

I don't think erping and shitposting in basement/arcade is contributing to the game user.

Though I'd rather the thread be active than have another shitty meme case to the past the time.

roleplaying as vidya characters in IRC isn't vidya

Mikotoba is cute! Cute!

Don't die on me Thread!

why is the CC on the AOV doc? you fucks don't even case

What if I tell you that I literally had no idea that the CC and Main server were now two differents things until you told me that?

It happened in January. Some chucklefuck thought it'd be a good idea to split the community. it's been dead ever since, maybe one trial a month, but we just had three with zero.

you should still fuck off of the doc

PLvAA is one of the best games in the franchise. Prove me wrong.

The ending.

What's wrong with it?

Who's your favorite prosecutor? No, don't base it off of how well they prosecute, I mean based on their character.

Miles!

I WOULD like Gavin if he had an actual arc to him rather than being stale and unmoving.

As such it's gotta be Miles.

>you know it's bad when someone who left both the game and community makes the thread
there's a reason for that. the admin left and the replacement admin is changing the general. everyone in the community knows this, and some are helping with the new OP. in the future please don't make threads for communities you aren't a part of.

>The replacement admin is changing the general
What? What's your source? Literally never heard of this being a thing and I keep the client open all day watching cases.

Anongrill herself. Maybe if you took some time to get to know your owners you would know what they are doing.

>Maybe if you took some time to get to know your owners you would know what they are doing.

hahahahahaha what the fuck the ERP is getting to you my friend

Let the thread die. It's just a place for people to whine and cry, and for people like verin to post their "ebin case moments" endlessly so they can say they were part of a """LEGENDARY""" case.

It's not about playing the game and having fun to them, it's about trying to get an online reputation in a niche game because they cease to function without attention.

Please, prove me wrong, because I don't want to be right, but it's what i've seen happen time and time again.

>changing the general

What the fuck is there to change? The only issue with the general was that one of the links was vandalized and OP was kind enough to replace the link with the new one.

There's also the (still recurring) problem of the old google docs links that belonged to Lewdton still being in circulation, which have outdated and deprecated updates and links in themselves.

We're past the "legendary" cases phase of AOV. I wish I could go back in time

So do I, but it doesn't stop people from trying to force them to happen, instead of them happening naturally.

Exactly, most of the well-known or "legendary" cases started as normal cases. It just happened that midway a player throw a crazy, but believable theory or anything and that the judge or witnesses naturally roll with it. Now people tend to try to make them "ebin" right at the case building

Premade cases have never been the magic of /aog/, it's always been improvisation, thinking on your feet. That's when magic happens.

People still try to force things in improv cases. We aren't talking about premades.

27 people voted and results are in for the /aog/ roster poll for VGL8. Only two players were low enough to get sacked; BURGER GREASE and FEEN were sacked. Your two new memes are:

QUALITY RIPS (will have a messed up Blackquill model)

"omit" (an invisible player model)

JUST A PRANK BRO will reference yeah i lied as both are Larry Butz
Thanks to everyone for participating in the poll! Fun fact: do you think im imcompetent? had the highest approval rating with 22 approving, to 5 not caring, to 0 disapproval.
A side note, we're still going to participate in the Veeky Forums league even if the general is dead. If this is our last go, we better win the whole damn thing.

Can someone post the Imcompetent))) Edgypoo.png

>tfw ao turned into one massive erp circle jerk
I just want to case, man.

what do you expect when an absolutely worthless person was modded and propagates that garbage?

Bro was a good choice but Turto is just annoying.

Turto was a good choice but Bro is just annoying.

Both are annoying we should have modded Liquid.

Liquid is annoying we should have modded Rhoda.

Everyone is annoying we should have modded me.

Liquid is annoying we should have banned Rhoda.

Can anyone give me a full game download link? The one on the reference doc just takes me to a 404 error.

Is there a prosecutor that can possibly defeat Verin?

Not even memeing but Verin is legit one of our best players.

Fuck off, Verin.

That's highly debateable. He's just incredibly vocal.
I can't really vouch for his bench skills but his detectiving is better than most, I can admit. At least he trys to make it interesting.

This is coming from someone who doesn't play much, but I cant think of anyone who's SHIT...

Nonsense, there are plenty of terrible players.

>Ginamod walling /ourboy/ Verin

mods = cucks

#NotMyBoy

Well, I've never seen one who was consistently shit.

There was one long ago but they don't play anymore so eh.

Oh god not the time travel case

To be honest even though I've not been casing often I've had a string of damn fine cases, like seven in a row. So either I'm really lucky or you lads are pretty good at this.

gotta wonder why you fags are still here if you think legendaries will never happen again