Mercedes General

Mercedes Thread

>discussion of all things related merc
>mercedes in production to create automated valet parking garages - save space, no valet risks of damaging car, quick parking
>btfd tesla

youtube.com/watch?v=cFMOPjYSSPw

About to buy a GLS63 next week

So excited

Have a bump from /bmw/

The holy triumvirate

Audi is shit
BMW used to be the "ultimate driving machine". Now they are a joke.

Mercedes is always #1

Audi is shit now yes

Bmw is still funner than mercedes, mercedes has a more robust portfolio of cars though and the interiors are timeless

Fuck. This will now be an argument thread. :[

Any mercedes you guys are interested in buying?

I have a 2009 e55.
Bought with 90,000 km, now at 155,000 km.
Only repair in my time owning was leak in the rear passenger side air-ride.

No ragrets

I drive a bimmer but if I had to pick a mercedes to buy it would be this fucking beautiful machine

Nice 'performance' brand bro.
What's BMWs supercar for the last 10 years?
The M6? The i8?
OH WAIT THEY DONT HAVE ONE.
At least audi has the R8, Mercedes had the SLR, SLS and now the AMGgt, and lexus had the LFA and now the LC

Why do German cars look so good blacked out?

The CLS, haha yeah it's a dope car but pic related is probably the cake

You still trying to dickmeasure you autistic moron? You'll never afford any of those cars, that's pretty funny to me how you concern yourself though.

No BMW doesn't have a 200k race project car, but they have plenty of very fun and beautiful cars to drive and that is all that should matter if you're not a fucking millionaire.

>I PRIMED MY CAR AND FORGOT TO PAINT IT: the paint/wrap

Oh yeah SLS are pretty awesome, would love to throw one around a track

>implying halo cars don't have trickle down technology and don't influence the sales of lower end models
The Ford GT made ford cooler
The LFA made lexus less homo
The R8 put audi on the fucking map, whereas pre-R8 they were seen as poorfag bmw wannabes

Why do people buy alfas and maseratis? because they feel like its a baby Ferrari. same shit.

Aye. They are the great carmakers in the world.

>LC

"supercar"

literally hitler

>Ford GT made ford cooler
It and the mustang are pretty much the only desirable cars they've ever made

>The LFA made lexus less homo
Most people outside this board have no clue the LFA even exists

>The R8 put audi on the fucking map, whereas pre-R8 they were seen as poorfag bmw wannabes
Yes it did put Audi on the map, however it's just an audi shell with a lambo engine, nice trickle down technology

>Why do people buy alfas and maseratis?
People buy maserati because they're too poor for a ferrari, people buy alfa because they have always loved alfa

sls? or the c63?

>what is 8 series and M8

They will be revealed pretty soon (like this month or so)

What would be the most reliable Mercedes? Do they have any signature items like BMW's inline-six?

>brain fart
C63 are very fast but I hate the exhaust note. You like it more than the cls?

>most reliable Mercedes

I would say they are reliable right now, thanks to the DaimlerChrysler divorce. - no more sharing-parts from Dodge/Chrysler

Cool infiniti bro

>>The LFA made lexus less homo
>Most people outside this board have no clue the LFA even exists

You are correct, but you BTFO lexus shills

Are you blind sonny?

**Need someone that knows a lot about Mercedes***

How do you decide whether you want your Merc to have the "closed" or "open" logo?

The only thing I can think of is the closed one has a park assist package that has sensors requiring it to be closed ?

Anything post 2008-9 is good to go.

The open one looks objectively better

I didn't know there is one, but its sales are piss poor.

Really? I always thought the c63 was one of their better sounding cars but I could understand why someone might not like it

And I used to love it, still do but I just don't need a car with all that space in my life right now but one day probably will. They're both great. You have good taste user

kek saved

If you want high tech, then the closed one

If you want aesthetic, then you get the open one at the expense of high tech.

The C63 exhaust note is very polarizing, some people adore it and others like me just hate it. I heard it a week ago and it just sounded so raspy, like a smoker going for a sprint.

>And I used to love it, still do but I just don't need a car with all that space in my life right now but one day probably will. They're both great.
Yeah I know what you mean, it is very much an executive car, something I can see myself buying in my late 30's probably. Either way they are both amazing cars, definitely the true drivers choice until you get up to the halo cars.

>You have good taste user
Thanks man, you too

The open one honestly looks shittier though, especially in real life. It looks cheaper

>that is all that should matter if you're not a fucking millionaire.

Millionaire might seem a lot for a kid but any older person, especially in large cities is basically millionaire

You will be happy with it. My friend has it, so I rode it several times. Pretty fast for SUV. Very comfy.

yeah can't wait, they're pretty rare too

W204 is amazing

I want a fucking 16 c63. Don't know if it's better to wait next year when they drop in value.

Coupe or sedan?

oh how I wish the A45 was sold here in the US and not the bigger GLA.

Hey I remember you, you like e60's too

I know, fucking hate the GLA. The cla isn't so bad honestly tho

Coupe looks great. But for comfort the 4 door.

Hm, yeah I'm in same situation except i have no friends so I want coupe lol. The only thing is i'm not sure to wait until after I finish high uni and they're cheaper or just buy now. Fuck

Bought a C450 last year and it's been a blast for my 50 mile daily commute. I like the sound more than the C63. I'll probably paul walker into a tree if I ever upgrade to one, though.