Just randomly buys dairy queen

>just randomly buys dairy queen

wtf

Wanted a blizzard

He already owns tons of fast food places, it makes sense to buy something that can share the others supply lines.

>Buys randomly Dairy queen while everyone was shoveling money into meme techbubble stocks like fried-air.com

The guy knows what he knows and tech ain't one of them. But IBM seduced him and that was a mistake, he should have sticked to food, insurance and industrial businesses.

what's Buffet's endgame?

slow and safe growth

dairy queen has very little debt due to small amounts of physical stores and doesn't pay a dividend making it very efficient while being resistant to major market moves.

He stands to make 7% year over year just by buying Dairy Queen even with it having a p/e of 15. The S&P had a p/e of 20, and while both being a bit on the high side, he still will get a tidy profit.

slow and steady

>Hear about genius billionare Warren Buffet
>Owns half of Coca-Cola, fast food, consumer staples, some in a gas station franchise
>Much money placed in dogshit banks
>His investment firm is the most wealthy in the USA, #4 in the world.
>He is sitting on billions in cash for lack of fast-food and sugar water stocks to invest in.

This kinda makes me doubt the USA as a good place to invest in if apparently the multi- trillion dollar economy revolves around people fucking selling cheeseburgers, soft drinks and credit cards to one another. Anyone trading in anything else is a fucking sucker.

Fuck his gay earth.

Don't forget subprime auto loans.

>This kinda makes me doubt the USA as a good place to invest in if apparently the multi- trillion dollar economy revolves around people fucking selling stuff that people buy
I dont see anything wrong with it

As long as people in the US are fat and they pay for their tacos with credit cards, I'm a happy guy.

dairy queen has fast food, and very high margin ice cream

Ok guys time to tell you something I've never told anyone.

I went to Dairy Queen about 3 weeks ago and it made me depressed.

It was one of those Dairy Queens that sells burgers and shit. It didn't look any different than I remembered seeing it 10 years ago (well, they didn't have this game where you drop coins into water to drop onto some platforms and they give the money to starving black babies).

There was this sign there that basically had the whole history of Dairy Queen on it which, frankly, didn't impress me much; Started in the 50s, had about 3000 locations in the 70s, and then in the 2000s it had about 5700 locations worldwide.

Their catalogue of cake decorations had a bunch of out-dated shit (You could get a Shrek cake designed in 2004 or a design from 'Rio' (some Disney movie about a Toucan I very vaguely remember. It was dated 2015).).

Their operating machinery looked old and decrepit. They had these 20+ year old CRTs for holding orders. The receipts said stuff like "DOUBCHE" (for a cheese burger). It would've been a tier 3 place to catch a meal in 2004.

The girl behind the counter was some high-school aged Asian chick... I don't know why it made me so sad to be there; It basically represented everything I fear about getting old. I was only there to buy a cheeseburger and hot fudge Sunday for my mom... That mediocrity basically stuck with me the whole evening. I got triggered BY DAIRY QUEEN

Rio is a macaw parrot and not a toucan, you uncultured swine.

>hey dave, remember how I asked you to get me a triple chocolate extra thick cream smoothie with peanut brittle chucks and a straw made of brown sugar and you said they don't make those anymore
>yes Mr Buffett
>they do now

There's a reason why McDonald's overhauls their restaurants every like five years. Unless it's a local restaurant that's good as fuck, shit like that can get depressing.

Buffett makes sure DQ doesn't spend any fucking money on restorations.

interesting, I'm on the spectrum so likely I would fixate solely on the burger and fudge, always good to be reminded how easily triggered normies are

>tfw Brit and bought tacos on American Express credit card yesterday

Am I, dare I say it, /our guy/?

user, your story is real. This is why I don;t eat fast food. Also the updated restaurants trigger me in similar ways to the decrepit rundown restaurants.

why do you say randomly? i cant think of a more warren buffet investment.

american brand for however many years (coca cola, etc), cash in the door business, probably on sale from being run into the ground by shitty mgmt .

buffet owns a shitton of fast food places. most of them are operating on a global scale. One of the places he owns is Taco Bell, which is rumored to start expanding towards Europe next. Maybe DQ is going to be a worlwide succes in the next decade or so?

>Taco Bell
no

yum brands own taco bell

Yum is owned by McLane, which is owned by Berksire, which is owned by, you guessed it: Warren Buffet

wtf!

Now I have to go make sure I'm not owned, wholly or in part, by Warren Buffet.

He's like the Genghis Khan of finance

Underrated

Taco bell is good tho

99% of people who go to dairy queen go for the unique ice cream options which are fairly cheap. While their food is ok it is their ice cream market that brings in the business and people don't care as long as they hand you ice cream upside down like they always do and will pay a premium for it.

>But IBM seduced him and that was a mistake

He's milking IBM as a cash cow... he doesn't really care if IBM stops innovating or dies in 15 years. Buffet will milk her dry.

Just look at IBMs finances: they pay Buffet a ridiculous dividend every fucking quarter... which is of course, approved by Buffet...

Buffet would be happy to sell Chink Noodles or Bao Se to children raping Chinks all day also.

Buffet knows consumer staples.

Don't hate. Learn the game.

Best point in the thread.

GK didn't sleep with so many-- he IMPREGNATED so many and they were happy to carry and bear his seed.

alpha

nah, it's more like his descendants were so prestigious that they procreated like rabbits and they were also murderous cunts that routinely killed others and their offspring. it was more like an mlm rather than a single guy running around stuffing every hole he found.

>buffet
>getting in for 7% IRR

now apply leverage..

"Rondomly."

You mean studied financial statements, saw it was a good buy, bought the while mutherbitch instead of just controlling interest because

>it was a good deal
>or has so much money there is no reason not to buy the whole thing.
Or

>wanted a blizard.

He lives it everyday.

Shows up, reads financial statements, fucks off with his friends.

Just a happy side affect tons of money follows him

Lol, jeb and his fucking turtles killed me

just seems odd that he was even researching fast food

Sad and kinda true.

Mfw friend has oil business. Like 8 vars 4 houses all the equipment ever needed. Soend friday and saturday drinking in shop and tinkering.

Yesterdaybi bought a power washer from him i dont even want or need and for a prive that makes me sad...

Fuck this planet

Fucking love this place. Some days its the only joy i get.

Probably about to go under. And buffett got it for dick nothing.

Give it 6 months. I bet that pkace flips a 180.

Kek. Mfw they buldozed the mcdonalds and i almost crashed from rage looking for the sign to see wtf they were building.

>comming soon
>mcdonalds.

Thank god...

Owned.

Dude. Just do like i did. Look up a chart of all the shit he owns and then subsidiaries that they own. Etc.

Next get a box and walk around your house grabbing anything they make.

Its dumbfoundingly insane.

Like half my shit made by buffett.

Bro he owns a ton of them.

Realistically he studdies any suffering simple company. Probably had his eye on it for the last 20 years whike it suffered.

How'd you explain his 15 million portfolio (him alone) in AAL DAL LUV? that he claimed to have held from sometime of last year? He said he hated that stuff and got into it anyways. I'm not doubting him, what's he seeing I'm not? The shares are bought way too early ahead of summer traffic is he expecting macro?

>>Sorry, newb college student who slept 4 hrs, what's p/e is it price earning rat?

use the drive through?

Free ice cream

lmao

Mclane doesn't own Yum, it just supplies many of its restaurants.