/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Answered knighthood's highest calling
>1.14 patch notes
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/1876157984141980396

>The Fire Fades trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=zKaHQVDjJZQ

>Ringed City items checklist
pastebin.com/724E2jEB

>Ringed City pre-launch media
pastebin.com/4mUsZWmv

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

post dragonslayers

P A R T A K E
A
R
T
A
K
E

there is literally nothing wrong with being a pisspants knight of want

she was made to be graped

>dragonslayer cosplay
>resorts to cheesing
Don't talk to me or my Sun's son ever again

> of want
you need to use hawkwood's shield

t. urine fetishist

You comprain about dis, you comprain about dat. WAT DO YOU WANT GAIJIN?

Any other /muslim/bro's here who play souls games?

Yesterday my dad saw me put my fist in one of the giant pig enemies asses in Bloodborne and beat me all evening with his slipper :))))

>the fallen knight set is one of the best looking sets in the game, while also being light for easy fashion souls
>forever tarnished by shitter pisspants knights

just replace the leggings with the drake blood ones bam

CRAAAWLING IN MY SKIIIIIN

Originality.

>inb4 DS4 and BB2 announced at E3

So whenever I load up the game my area is filled with embers, in this case the cathedral. But when I play through for a few minutes and return to the bonfire there's no embers anywhere.

What's going on?

a game where light weapons aren't both trade bait and parry bait and heavy weapons aren't only good against retards

t. retard

also a bow with 40 dex should at least do as much as a soul arrow with 40 int come the fuck on

Everyone left becuz u stink LOL

>this melee stat should do just as much damage at range as the one stat ment for ranged attacks

No

I unironically invaded a gank squad at pontiff, there was a pisspants knight being guarded by two SSS users who did 35% of my health each swing, nice ''''down scaling'''''

How can you ironically invade someone? Run around only clapping?

>ranged stat can be used to amp melee damage through infusions and buffs
>dedicated ranged weapon that requires two hands is worse than a one hand weapon that can also use melee spells, buffs, and support spells
>due to damage drop off bows essentially have the same range as spells anyway
>strength can do everything dex can do and even some things better (greatbows)

what did you mean by this?

>that one harald knight that fucks its way into your conversation with Shira

I mean he's not a problem but I don't think that's a very good design

I agree, but regular bows are beyond useless in pvp. Well maybe you can beat retards with composite bow rolling attacks, but that's about it

If they made greatbows slightly faster to draw, and gave regular bows a bit more damage they would see a lot more play

Also, bow WA's are fucking useless.

I've been away for a lot of patches, were the dancer's swords ever made non trash from 1.0? I like curved swords and I need a light, quick-first-swing fire weapon.

in this day and age you can do anything ironically if you do it hard enough

>Also, bow WA's are fucking useless.
I was very disappointing with how little damage goes through, even against wooden shield

Anyone?

its not really bad it just doesnt have godly ar. You can combo the r1 and l1 into the wa though. I think you can only spin once though so if you do the wa too long they can roll out.

Rotating population

what's the best level for aldrich invasions

i thought it was 60 +6 but i'm not getting very many bites from fuccbois

I should have thrown in that I'm doing pve; the per-strike damage is more important than how well it combos someone intelligent, especially when it seems to be "2 hits and book it" no matter what I use at the moment.

Name the single one thing you hate the most in the entire series.

For me its the music in Majula. Its like an electric drill going straight through your eardrums. People saying its soothing should be executed for having terrible taste.

the pontif curved sword is the new hotness right now but it takes some int to use, otherwise id go for carthus falchion or followers.

sequels of games
I hope this meme is finally over

Actually his pathing is pretty clever. If you see him coming and try to avoid him, you'll realize you can hide in the corner around the left of Shira's building, you're just out of his aggro range. While you're hiding, his path walks him right past you within breathing range, and then he inexplicably decides to jump off the ledge to the side of the stairwell, and stand there waiting for you to step forward and plunge him.

So by hiding from him after going to speak to Shira, you figure out how to get the plunge.

Neither infusions nor buffs will make mages deal more than warriors in melee for the same stat investment. Exception is the sss which is getting merged.
I think it's great, spacial awareness. And don't worry, Shira has no hitbox in there, there's no way for her to be harmed

can I use cheatengine for upgrade materials or is that a paddlin?

bad movesets. Why give a great axe the same moves for every swing? You can easily make the heavy attack have a small dash up or a side swing instead of anuther overhead chohp

Dingdong. But using the "upgrades need no materials" script is safe
Don't remind me the ga rolling 2hr1

you ignored my other points, friend

and it's also okay that faith has an instant bow spell that has a faster projectile and more damage, right? also you can spend a few more fp to become immune to stagger during it.

bows are shit, you can't deny this. if you care about muh stats then make an int or faith bow that has good damage, range, or speed, i don't give a fuck. bows have NOTHING.

they didnt have anything in ds1 either. They arent meant for pvp its meant for pve and invasions. they were broke in ds2, some of the bows/crossbows tracked wayyyy too hard sometimes.

Lightning arrow is also getting nerfed and you could just keep up a lightning lothric k***ht shield not giving a care in the world. Bows aren't shit, crossbows are too good.

what I meant with CE specifically was finding the value for "titanite x in inventory" then making it 99, same with "held souls". otherwise where can I poke around for what you're talking about?

I still wouldn't risk it. I'll see if I can find the link

changing shit in your inventory is a quick road to paddlin' city
instead, drop items and use "last pickable item" to change it into what you need

also don't give yourself a ton of slabs because that gets you banned as well

>they didnt have anything in ds1 either
they were shit in ds1 is not an argument. whips should be buffed and the devs even know it (zoey's whip hits like a truck because if it didn't she would be a joke)

>they aren't meant for pvp its meant for pve and invasions
bows are shit in pve too outside of cheesing (shooting outside of leash range or using poison arrows)
spells can do both of those too and do more damage doing it

>bows were too good in ds2
again, what happened in a previous game doesn't matter. video games shouldn't be a series of paybacks for previous fuck ups.
magic isn't even considered good in pvp even though it does 4-5 times the damage, so even doubling the damage of bows wouldn't be too much because they still have slow projectiles, have to be two handed, don't home on like spells, can be completely shut down with a shield, and still would do negligible damage because of range drop off

>Lightning arrow is also getting nerfed
source? or do you just "think" it should be nerfed and that means it will be nerfed.
was it in the new patch notes?

>none of my friends have played any of the Souls games
>try to convince them to play at least 1
>"I don't want to it seems too hard :(((("

I really wish this "Dark Souls is hard" meme wasn't working against me

ive killed a few invaders with a bow and they are invaluable for drawing out single enemies at a time. You want to be legolas or something? I bow shouldnt be able to compete against any weapon since its meant to be used at range, and fights dont really happen at range. The bow is fine the way it is.

millwood greatbow is great too and actually light enough to carry around all the time.

Everything which doesn't include a minimap, markers or a fancy tutorial where you get a pat on the back is considered "hard" these days.

Half the fun of playing vidya is learning how everything works.

I mean it IS hard relatively speaking. People who don't normally play these games will die repeatedly on Gundyr. And if you can't get past Gundyr then you aren't really seeing much of the game, any of the RPG systems, any of the ingame story telling. You're just throwing yourself against this crazy pus monster and dying repeatedly.

Just to make sure
you're talking about DaS3 right?

If so hang yourself my man, bows are the best they've ever been and they're actually incredibly good. You can easily win duels with just a bow. It's even stronger when you use it alongside a fast weapon like a curved sword, dagger, straight sword or katana

Yeah baby, cause I just walked in.

Stop staring at my junk Seigward.

tell them it's not hard, it just doesn't hold your hand, there's a big difference

They're on steam, reddit, Facebook and probably twitter too
Dark souls IS hard. It takes a certain patience and willingness to learn in order to play and most people lack it

Hey guys I came in yesterday to bitch about Freide kicking my ass, ended up breaking my USB controller cable from raging at that fucking fight. Well I practiced for an hour and today I can get her first form down without taking any damage, 2nd form fucks me up sometime just from the sheer amount of shit going on the screen and third form I cant consistently practice cause shes just too fast.
I decided to check out what I missed and Im now stuck on Nameless King and Lorian. Nameless King is just a camera clusterfuck that I'll practice later, but Lorian teleports into me mid attack, so I either dont have time to dodge or just dont know where hes coming from.
Are all these bosses supposed to be so retarded? Its my first playthrough and I died to Pontiff twice and Dancer three times, both without using summons or shields. Even Aldritchs arrow barrage was manageable. Someone please tell me they had as much trouble with these cunts as I'm having.

>let friend play ds3
>ds1 being his only experience and it was years ago
>struggling against greatwood, died like five times
>each time he dies, frustration is clearly physically manifesting and can feel our friendship being tested at every attempt
>finally beat him with no estus left and reflexively get hype over it so we both feel good afterwards

result was net positive but risk too great

conclusion, not recommended

>they are invaluable for drawing out single enemies at a time
fire bombs can do this too, and only have a slightly shorter effective range.

>bow shouldnt be able to compete against any weapon since its meant to be used at range, and fights dont really happen at range
because there are no good ranged weapons

unless you want to knock people off of ledges with greatbows.

>If so hang yourself my man
epic

>You can easily win duels with just a bow
yeah, you can beat idiots with rolling attacks. you can do the same thing with farron darts.
if they have two brain cells to rub together they'll just use a shield and you can't do anything at all.

Quite the pickle indeed

well gee maybe you should have let him start a character and fight the first boss instead of having him fight a meme gimmick boss

>if they have two brain cells to rub together they'll just use a shield and you can't do anything at all.
>Pull the arrow even further back for a more powerful shot that can also pierce shields.

>pierce shields
thinkaroo my dudaroo

>pierce shields
they pierce shields in the same way that you can't defend against darkdrift my man

Nameless king is like riding a bike really; after you learn him the first time around he's easy afterwards.
But the princes? How did you make it that far if you think they're particularly difficult?

I had plenty of success at 50+6.

Because he fucking teleports mid swing. Guess I just have to roll somewhere the moments he disappears for the iframes to kick in.

what?
wait for him to reappear and react to the swing

>50

fuck

what's the best way to reduce your hp to red tearstone levels? bloodlust wa?

He can start the teleport mid attack, reappear and swing immediately. When I dont know where he is going to appear, I dont really know where to dodge.

The trick with Homoprinces is that you have to watch Lorian's animations right before he teleports away. The attack that you see he's about to perform, is the attack he'll use when he comes out of the teleportation. So it's possible to dodge his attacks based on timing alone, even if he comes out behind you.

He also has something of a blind spot on his left side (your right), if you lower yourself down in that area while he's swinging (such as when you're performing your own swing and are crouched down slightly because of it), his attack can go clean over your head.

He's a pretty tough boss, I spent about an hour and a half throwing my body at him the first time because I was so tilted and refused to let them win. But I also learned how to dodge through every single one of his attacks almost perfectly because of it, my NG+ run at him was nearly flawless and subsequent attempts on new characters have never taken more than 3 attempts (even on a fatroll build).

just time your roll as if he didn't teleport
him teleporting doesn't cancel or change his attack animation
i really don't see how people can have trouble with this. you already know what attack he's going to do before he teleports.

you have enough time to react
see for yourself and try dodging as soon as he teleports, you'll get hit at the end of your roll

Is it a CE table by igromanru? If so I've found it already.

Bloodlust
Symbol of Avarice
Power Within
Rose of Ariandel
Fall damage
Letting an enemy hit you

They're poor, tortured, mutated people who are pleading for mercy.

But I really want the bonfire...

i asked for the best way, not every way.

thanks anyway, user.

What are some good str weapons for invasions? I like unconventional stuff so no heavy EGS or anything meme-tier like that.

Been using Drang Hammers and Quakestone Hammer for a while now but I feel like they've been played through.

vordt's, splitleaf, yhorm's

Sometimes death is the best mercy one can offer.

Ledo's is getting buffed soon
PUGS L1s can clear out the host's buttbuddies if they attempt to swarm you
Crucifix WA is loads of fun
Millwood WA knocks people off ledges for easy kills

People?

what's the highest level for pvp? i just reached 120. i've read levels 120, 123, 125, and 130 are optimal for summoning, but i am now more confused. pls help a guy out

The 10% rule means that you can go up to SL132 and still get activity with SL120s. Be mindful that SL150 is also active (albeit less than SL120, which is where most people stop), and they can interact down to SL135, so it's slippery territory if you decide to go above SL130.

alright, thanks

SL802

On PS4 there are actually people playing on this level

What about UGS's? What's the best one for a heavy infusement?

lothric knight

greatsword

it doesn't have split damage like lothric knight and requires less dex

>bow shouldnt be able to compete against any weapon since its meant to be used at range, and fights dont really happen at range. The bow is fine the way it is.

That makes no sense. Spellcasters fight at range and are competitive (well pyro and miracle at least). Spellcasters who know what they are really difficult to fight against.

Crossbows are fine, they require little investment and since they can be onehanded they make up for the lackluster damage. Bows on the other hand are complete trash.

>You can easily win duels with just a bow. It's even stronger when you use it alongside a fast weapon like a curved sword, dagger, straight sword or katana

Not that guy, but that's just flat out wrong. In the current meta bows are only good for meme sniping scrubs in invasions, they are beyond terrible in duels. Not only do they get completely invalidated by any shield, the damage, range, speed and overall utility is just not there.

I have not encountered one bow user in the arena/pontiffs in Das3, not a single fucking one. Hell, even offhand crossbows are rare, and those are pretty good compared to the shitfest that is regular bows.

If bows was as meta as you claimed, don't you think more people would want to use them? They could easily have increased the damage of regular bows by 50% and still they would be bad

The dogs, the spider things, and the beasts are all experiments of the Pontiff.

also proof if you want it

lkgs is a little better if you can/feel like buffing it with lightning though

also it looks cooler imho

What are the top strength weapons in PvP right now, other than Splitleaf?

Do people still use Estoc?
I've been getting into PVP for the last couple of weeks and all I ever see is big ass poise weapons.

i've seen few who use it and a few who pull it out when their opponent's HP is low

fuck

>running through post pontiff area
>get alderich faithful
>he doesn't even try to roll out of my attacks and dies instantly like an NPC
>another alderich invader
>swaps out weapons every spare moment
>BC's out when I pop a seed while they stand on the Anor Londo walkway
>fades away applauding

Come on man they last like a minute.

bestoc is now worstoc and is no longer fotm

What would be some fun strength weapons to start out the game with and do a whole playthrough with?
Actually, is there a way to obtain late game weapons at the start of the game with no risk of being banned? Does the "password coop drop item and then Alt+F4" trick still work?

Big ass poise weapons destroy scrubs and most players are scrubs.

What destroys good players?

there aren't really any ultra weapons you can get right at the start of the game

your only real option is vordt's and it's probably the most solid choice for a full playthrough anyway

other options would be zwei or large/larger club