Truck thread

Just picked up a clean 2001 F350 SCLB 4x4 with the 7.3 Powerstroke for 5800

How badly did I fuck up, Veeky Forums ?

Also truck thread

Not bad at all OP

Not bad, while I don't know shit about Powerstroke diesels, you got the best cab and bed configuration. So no, you didn't fuck up.

>for 5800

decent truck with no payments, pretty good

unless you actually had to finance that shit, then you should go ahead and punch yourself in the nuts a few times

Depends on how well it was taken care of. The 7.3 has a reputation as a good motor but they can still fail if abused. I bought a 2000 f250 7.3 about 5 years ago. It only had 120,000 miles on it but it was pretty cheap due to it needed some work. The rack had a ton of play in it, the lift kit on it was done poorly, tires were bald and the rims were cracked. I stated to slowly fix it up and after about 3 months it was starting to look like a fair truck again.

Once weekend after putting about 3k miles on it since I bought it I decided to change the engine oil. I put a good quality synthetic oil of the recommend weight in it. Excellently 1 week later 2 pistons decided they had enough and decided to escape the block by going through the exhaust system while just cruising down the road. That pretty much completely destroyed the block and it's been down ever since as I slowly add all the modifications I want to it and correct all the problems it had.

Nope paid cash. Guy was asking $7K but I blew a brake line during the test drive and used it to get the price down to $5800. 2 hrs and 35 bucks later the brake line was fixed.

The PO had it for 5 yrs looks like he did a pretty good job I got a ton of oil filters and some jugs of Diesel Kleen and Rotella T6 thrown in as well

Are small trucks a stupid purchace? I am thinking about getting an 07 ranger sport. Are mini trucks (dakota, ranger, etc) a terrible choice?

Nice ferds boys. Drove mine today for the first time in a few weeks. Felt great, especially when it's stereo BTFOs my fiats.

>Are mini trucks (dakota, ranger, etc) a terrible choice?

only if you don't like smaller trucks

the ranger is a good truck, one of the reliable non diesel fords

really wish I could pick up an old bronco but being in the U.K. Sucks!

Not awful, if 7.2 then great, if not still fun if 6.8,.....
Take advice from a fellow owner, NEVER drive past a fillup, but yes you can whip your muffler off for decent tone and somehow stay quiet

It's a 7.3 has 266k on it

my 300 dollar mini truck.

My friends drunk dad is in there for perspective.

I just like that I can post in the truck threads, but it's smaller than a Corolla.
Bitches

>vermont
pls be in montpilier

you did the complete opposite of fucking up

the 7.3 is a god motor, best cab/bed combo, and 4x4

> tfw boomer coworker loves to brag about how valuable his Super Duty is

> tfw it's a rusty early '99 2WD dually with 300K on it

Why are Boomers so delusional

What's the average price for a decent older truck in South? Moving to GA or NC probably and am up in the NE right now and the market is cancer here. Looking at half ton's and maybe smaller ones like rangers/old nissan's.

>2001 f350
ok
>7tree
good
>5800
hawt

you did good OP

here's my shitbox

Love my Ridgeline

thats not a truck, thats a failed abortion of a minivan with down syndrome

7.3 Powerstroke best Powerstroke

Designed by International well before they went full Maxforce and ruined their company for good.

here's your (you)

Nice Pilot faggot

Sounds like you did pretty good to me.

I really like my 05 F250. It's gas and gets terrible mileage but I still like it

I know fuck all about trucks but have been looking into them. That milage seems high even for a truck. I know the meme is, "hardly broken be in yet" but I rarely see them with more miles than that so I have to assume they become money pits past 250000+ miles. But I don't know shit about trucks like I said.

The 7.3 can usually last well past 400K IF it has seen regular maint. Previous ownership is key with these trucks. International put these things in thousands of school buses and MDTs for over 15 yrs that's how good it is.

The 6.0 is pretty good once the EGR delete and head studs are done. A bulletproofed 6.0 will run circles around an older 7.3 plus you get a newer trans with an extra gear over the 'ol 4r100.

The v10 gas trucks are ok except for the exhaust manifolds which are a fairly straightforward issue to fix.

Some of the Super Duties were sold with the 5.4 Triton V8 but they're underpowered and get the same mileage as the V10 trucks so no real reason to buy one

pretty nice IMO