/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Didn't strafe left of Blood Starved: >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/

/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>/bbg/ Spelunking Club
Password = /bbg/
Create a new S/FRC chalice dungeon and beckon anons to join
OR
Use the Short Root Chalice with the password /bbg/ to be summoned or invade
(every Friday 6pm EST, anything goes)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne AR Calculator
pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

Yurie is cute!

Segalt is pretty trash bad

But at least hes dedicated

Dedicated is a strong word tbqh

He's just there, kinda like McDonald's

Nothing special, gets the job done

Best Chikage variant?

Someone a few days ago said something about Executioners being low-level for the Church, and I'd just like to counter that you don't wear embroidery and brocade to combat if you don't have either a lot of money to throw away or enough status in a rich organization to get that shit replaced.

Dress up however you like, you're still a church weenie.

need tips for Ludwig phase 2

i can dodge almost anything phase 1 throws at me, but phase 2 escapes me at the moment

dont get hit

i always just quickstep forward towards this asshole, walk a bit forward then just whack his bum a bit

Turn down the music, the AHH AHAH AHHHHHAH is at a slightly different tempo from the boss, it's designed to through people off, just like how Dancer of the Boreal Valley's music is a 3/4 tempo and once you realize that the boss becomes amazingly easy.

Second worse NPC

Worst is research Hall blacksky eye bitch off host

>Second worse NPC
Don't say bad things about Yurie!

Anyone farming arc gems of any kind?

Ps4 exclusive DeS remake confirmed with revamped chalice system

What a time to be alive

You made me waste twenty seconds and respond, 7/10.

>DeS
>revamped chalice system
>>>>confirmed
what is this post

is there a better place to farm bone ash hunters other than cb7jig9p

56248adr

Isz, loran or phu?

Isz

56428adr*

No idea

>backstabbing hunter, shotgun bully in corner

I mean it's probly the best place...

What r u farmin

I'm currently 50/50 vit/arc. Not sure what I want to put the rest of my points into.

This is mainly a parasite build so I don't really have any need for conversion weapons other than cane/saw since I have a build for that already, and I don't use tools that often other than to cheese bosses. I'm thinking of just putting points into end, but how many?

This is mainly a PvP/chalice co-op character so I'm aiming to stop around bl100 ~ 120. I'm actually tempted to just dump 40 points into end since I don't need anything else (or just dumping points into end until I'm bl100~).

I need advice

trying to get arcane radials with flat arc from them

Get cold abyssals m8

Gem ur looking for is for suboptimal twinks

arc radial with flat arc is better for parasite rather than a second abyssal actually

The go for an OOS

If you are that concerned with damage, go for an OOS, the worst ull get is the best a boneash hunter will give you

I was but I figured it'd be easier to farm bone ash hunters instead but it turns out their drop rate from arc gems is shittier than I remember.

I'll probably go back to savescumming ebrie, it's funner at least

what's the sauce on this?

Why the saw spear and not the cleaver for arcane builds? Not a big fan of Spears but I wanna do an Arc build.

Serrated in both forms.

So it's more for the bonus against beasts rather than anything to do with arcane?

Yeah, basically. A +9 saw with the Cathedral Ward brainsucker waning gem and two hotdog gems will shit on basically everything.

Gotcha, thanks for explaining. I'm reading that the church pick is also serrated in both forms is that good for Arc builds too then?

They both have D ARC scaling but the saw attacks more quickly and, though I've never used the pick, I'd think it uses more stamina, the saws take almost none to swing around..

Guess I can give it a whirl then, thanks for answering all my questions user

I have a build that uses a fire whirligig and bolt pick. It's pretty good.

If you feel more comfortable with it then it's better, unless it's the rifle spear or the pile bunker.

I love the pizza cutter but I'm trying to get away from big weapons and try something new
Haven't used the saw spear or the saw cleaver yet so I could get comfy with either.

the saw spear is way more comfy than the cleaver

Yeah I'm feeling like thats gonna be my go to. I havent made an Arc character before so I don't wanna stay far from the general path on my first go

saw cleaver is like sitting on a rusty spike compared to saw spear which is like sitting on a broken in beanbag

On the topic of arc, do most people who take it to 99 run with near-base vit? Otherwise what level would you land on?

if youre going for 98 meta you havnt got much choice

I plan on going to 50 Arc and only using hunter tools for harassment more than anything. I need a little vit myself cause I'm not good enough to never get hit.

would any of you friendly friends want to farm fire waning later?

abyssals? yeah for sure

I'm farming bolt abyssals atm

alight i'll let you know when im going there

cool, what glyph are you running?

I thought about making a SKL/BLT 40/40 build, since I don't want to level past 100. Has anybody ever tried this? Does it work?

apparently the best ones are from fire doggo in 758v8txa

Mind if i join as well?

i wont be going for abit still, i jsut wanted to see if anyone was interested for when i do go, but yeah itll be a case of the more the merrier

doable at bl98 with 35/15/11/40/40/7 lone survivor, pretty flimsy but you will do good damage with bowblade and reiter

would a bolt whirligig saw be good for killing watchdog?

absolutely

alright, I'll run the glyph now so I'm ready

would you wanna farm something while we wait for the other user? I was gonna savescum briebrie since I have it up already

yeah, anything serrated with bolt shreds him

This meme needs to fucking die

the pick has serrated and thrust damage and can be really powerful with the right setup. the tricked mode has a fast, sweet moveset too

The meme is pretty trash bad

But at least its consistent

Consistent is a strong word tbqh

It's just there, kinda like pepe

Nothing special, gets the job done

currently in bed watching house of cards otherwise i would

I'd rather level VIT up to 39 and having basic END, should I? Bow and Reit are exactly the weapons I intended to use, especially the formed both in untricked and tricked mode. Blood ATK is considered physichal, right? 27.2 gems from the watchers should do the work, then.

>FRC undead giant

personally i would have the extra endurance, but its up to you, wont make a huge difference. yeah the watcher gems will be the best for the reiter. if you want a really strong bowblade bow mode then get the lost version so you can use a blood circle, but otherwise watchers are the best

Otherwise, with a 25/50 build, is it possible to use the bow reliably in both modes?

the bow has pretty low base damage so it will feel a bit weak untricked when it isnt benefiting much from the s scaling, but it will be really good ranged

Ok, thanks for the tips. I'll go for a 40/40.

*snips umbilical cord* aww what a cute baby you are! please don't cry, little baby! mommy's here, mommy's here... *cradles in arms* it's ok baby it's ok no need to cry.... hush hush now.... *pull shirt down* you like that? make baby orphan tummy feel good? good boy, good boy... *orphan suckles on nipple* yow! you're really hungry, aren't you baby! easy with those teeth! *craesses head* it's ok litte baby... mother Kos wanted this for you, hush now... wow, you're a big stinker, aren't you! *small nibblet of feces ejects from the orphan's behind* *plop!* haha, such a cute baby..... *flips orphan over* SPANK. SPANK. SPANK. SPANK. SPANK. SPANK.SPANK. SPANK. SPANK. SPANK.

has anyone tried a 99 blt build and if so was it a good meme?

As someone who has farmed an ASSLOAD of parasite gems and tested them all, don't bother with bone ash Hunter at 50 arcane. Trust me famygdala, farm brainsucker normal enemy in Ihyll for the rare arcane primary gems. They're actually the best from like 50-65 arcane. I'm talking about these. Get a triangle from the Isz boss version. If you can't be assed, a radial cold abyssal and a radial nourishing plus 27.2 arcane triangle will be fine. Farming the best parasite gems is madness. Also put the rest of your points into end, str and skl my nigga. 20/16/12 or just 11 skill for saif.

dt85ax33
4th layer first bonus area

You're welcome bbg

???

Damn it....

Woah...

are you sure that setup is better than the ideal cold abyssal+2x arcane abyssals all with flat arc+15? I always thought your setup would be better for

>undead giant first layer boss

Carry on in my stead anons....

What's there?

I'm absolutely sure. These gems I have would be best for 50 arcane on every attack except the untransformed R2 basically. Every other attack is better. Including L2. Now the setup you're talking about will be pretty close because it's top tier for sure, but these are the best. If you ever went to 70+ then those would be much better. But at 50 it's brainsucker. This is my other parasite setup that's as close to perfect as I could get. 80 hours farming ebrietas for that radial. Don't do it man.

I'm down for Ebrietas, which glyph are you using?

jesus man why not just use a 27.2 arc radial from watchers? surely the difference is miniscule

I didn't feel like farming a 27.2 radial. That shit is rare too. I wanted perfect, but fell short. Still this radial is equal to a 27.2 since the arcane abyssal surpasses it slightly and this one's only .9% worse.

>No chalice found
Nice.

I have a setup almost exactly like that as well on my 70 arc build. I posted this the other day. Good info though, thanks. I always thought this was the best setup. Looks like I won't bother farming those gems any more on my 50 arc build.

What's the grind like farming brainsuckers?

I'm eating atm so I'm taking a break. I was running e2ts7vub. Though this user has convinced me that those abyssals aren't worth farming now

>mfw this dropped on my other arc char

I could have had the perfect parasite

would you be down to farm anything else? I wouldn't mind farming isz cold abyssals or something

Would you guys happen to know how I wound up with a 26.1% waning fire gem? I keep looking it up but the doggo you mentioned only drops 24.8% I guess. I've only done watchers on my way to L3 cold abyssal farming, so did I just get really lucky with an out of shape fire drop from them or something? Is there something else I'm forgetting? I just wanna know because the one I have has HP -9 and I'd rather farm for a better one if I can.

it sounds like an out of shape to me

could come from many places, could even be a 1 in 2500 watcher drop

From the watchers then, right? With 2 good cold abyssals would that be a pretty good fire setup? The wiki doesn't account for OoS gems, but I'm guessing this would work well.

It's a Watchers gem. It has no secondary, right? Rating 18?

Yeah that would be good, you could also do 1 radial cold abyssal with a 27.2% fire triangle + your waning gem. I don't know what would be better but they'd be very close either way.

Quick question lads.
Is PS+ required for co-op or invasions?

Yes