/civ4xg/ - Strategy/4X General

This thread is for all strategy games that do not have their own thread, focusing on 4X (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, eXterminate).
tags: /cbg/ /rtsg/

Stone throwing edition

>Stellaris
- Pastebin: pastebin.com/PiFa6Eqv (Currently still WIP, additions welcome.)
- WIP Ship Design Guide for 1.5.1: pastebin.com/2QWUPKSh
- Another Ship Design Guide for 1.5: reddit.com/r/Stellaris/comments/61nolh/ship_equipment_load_out_for_141_15/
- Wiki: stellariswiki.com/Stellaris_Wiki
- The Development of Stellaris gamasutra.com/view/news/274018/Postmortem_Paradox_Development_Studios_Stellaris.php

>Endless Legend
- Manual: cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf?t=1413562467
- Wiki: endlesslegendwiki.com/Endless_Legend_Wiki

>Endless Space 2 soon

>Civilization
- Fix for Civ IV BTS XML errors: dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
- Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE): well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
- Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot: multiplayerrobot.com
- District Cheat Sheet: hydra-media.cursecdn.com/civ6.gamepedia.com/2/29/District_Cheat_Sheet.png?version=07510f0f43d7188e00e7046c90360dba

>Alpha Centauri
- Essential improvements: pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
- Official short stories: mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

>Last thread: →

Other urls found in this thread:

overclockersclub
youtube.com/watch?v=pVJpJvdiQOA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

4x games with custom races > 4x games with set races

How is Gal Civ III?

I'm not sure if I should count this as lucky or a bad omen of things to come. Maybe those xenophobes were right afterall

Thought on 1.6?

Stinking pacifism.

Stellaris is shit, and it'll only get worse.

>Can't do syncretic evolution with white men in power and blacks as subservient slaves
I guess neo-chimps will make a good compromise, though.

>Beat the Enigmatic Fortress
>Events don't pop up.
>It doesn't revive to start attacking again either.
I'm on 1.5.1 though. Still, it's bullshit.

Wait, why didn't the trigger neighbor with fleet exercises task not activate. I actually like that event. It worked back in 1.5

I wonder why they would buff defensive structures if they are still completely unable to handle any actual offensive fleets.

For multiplayer.

Is there anyway to get mods for stellaris off the steam workshop without the game? My casual googling is pointing to no.

Is there any point to caring about army modifiers when you can just swarm a planet?

Yeah. If you're a poorfag.

I don't even look at them. I don't even waste influence recruiting a general.

Taxing sectors

They're ruining the game.

Yo, what's with your outliner? Is it 1.6 or am I missing some neat ingame option to make it that neat.

Tiny Outliner mod?

smods ru

>Tiny Outliner mod
>This mod does NOT touch the planets or military fleets. On purpose, because I figured many people want those to be big-ish.
>I do not actually play Stellaris, I only make mods. That is how I have fun. Since I do not actually play, I have no idea what would be best for you. Please give me written feedback.
LMAO WAT? A modder that doesn't play the game?

Yes, Wiz. There are people that can fix your shitty game even if they don't play it.

Reposting, should i have minimum or maximum habitable planets to make this game even harder?
I tought having little habitable 0planets would fuck my early game even more, since the little space i have to expand is reduced even further, but now i wonder: would the AI benefit more from more habitable planets than me getting handicapped by less of those?

I'm a huge weeaboo.
Is there any strategy/city-builder/4x to satisfy my massive boner for Japanese cities?

>Civ V
>all the major civs hate the Ottomans and the Aztecs
>Ottomans are a cunt to me the entire game
>always laughing at my small military
>nigger settles on my island chain
>declare war to remove them
>they act as if I just went full retard
>kick them off my islands
>genocide their friend the Aztecs as well
>Ottomans decide to try and hit my massive shekel supply with an embargo
>mfw I control the UN and I'm about to start nuke production

Has anyone tried Stellar Monarch? It's a 4x indie or something. Is it good?

Meh. Get on my level.
>genocided a couple of civilizations in V
>everyone love me

nigga how? If I get close to doing that I usually get slapped hard with warmonger penalties and then half the world declares war to stop literally hitler

I havent played it but I've seen it played. If you want a game in which you're only concerned with higher level management like a true space emperor then it's worth checking out.

Here's a helpful tip : everyone will love you if you killed everyone who didn't.

huh. Usually even my bros turned against me due to my warmongering ways

Thanks bro

>no answers
I guess there's nothing, huh.

I think cities skylines has japanese theme mods and loads of building mods.

>choose syncretic race mod and separate human phenotypes mod
done

Apperently the last dlc made the game fun.
Here is a review:

overclockersclub com/reviews/galciv3_crusade_review/

So I tried to google what each option does and found out the energy one gives like a 5% boost, but what will the military option do?
Playing ironmeme for some achievements so I can't savescum.

I guess that'll do.

Thanks senpai desu de arimasu.

I think it's something like a 5% shield HP boost, but whatever it was I remember the economy boost being better.

Thanks, went for the energy one. Can never have enough energy to power my fleets.

youtube.com/watch?v=pVJpJvdiQOA

AI benefits from more habitable planets. They tend to stall out if there's not enough worlds near them. On the other hand it makes it much more difficult for the player too.

I tend to go with 0.25x hab because I like the wide empty spaces between empires.

Difficulty doesn't matter in 1.6 because AI don't go to war, everyone converts to pacifist because of the peace, and extended peace makes more pacifists so they switch government types for the increase happiness from embracing the pacifists. Eventually every empire is too pacifist to go to war.

>tfw the glitch that gives you near infinite research wasn't fixed in 1.6

>everyone converts to pacifist because of the peace, and extended peace makes more pacifists so they switch government types for the increase happiness from embracing the pacifists.
And how do you deal with that? Ramp up AI aggressiveness?

You install a mod that fixes the AI. This patch really needs a hotfix. If anything, peace should make your pops more militarist, while militarist should make your pops more pacifist.

Go to steam, click proprieties on stellaris, beta folder and pick the previous patch.

I don't trust these ancient drones, feels like a ticking time bomb.

is Civ 6 good yet? I tried it out the day it came out, but found it lacking. The base concept seemed better than Civ 5, but with an utter lack of content and mods it was pretty much unplayable. Are there enough mods and patches to make it good now, or should I just keep waiting?

Better them than gas people calling me because one their babies is crying for mom

How do I make a good 4x game?

Which mod is it that adds that whole Orila event chain? I've got so many I can't tell. Either way, it's nice to get your own literal precursor and not just the generic ones. It especially helps that I got shitty First League this game and this one was more fun/rewarding than that.

Either way, at the end you get the choice change your government to Way of the Ancients and to permanently lock one of your civics to this one that gives 10% research speed and 15% ethics attraction. It's pretty good so I figured, why not?

My question is, should I give up Nationalistic Zeal (+10% border range), Distinguished Admiralty (+8% fire range to stack with other bonuses), or Beacon of Liberty (+15% Unity) for it?

can you customize cosmetic stuff after you started?

I always let those gas people just die.

I just saying they should atleast get the name of my race right after the 100th errand

I don't think so

Is Civ 6 even worth pirating honestly

> change the code so AI hates the Unbidden
> don't change the code so they understand anchors
WIIIIIIZZZZZZZZZZZ

>+526%

Everything should be worth at least 0, mang.

I have limited hard drive space AND my internet sucks though'

>being this pleb

thanks for your input

Hi, Zoo Keepers user here again.

Well, a few decades passed and I got a bit ahead of myself expanding. The Ix'ldar (black, random Civ) are angry at me for expanding my zoos right across their border. Right now, they're a bit too powerful for me to take on, especially since the expansion frenzy took a toll on my research...

In 130 years, I'm the only empire who's gone to war with an other empire. Probably will go to war with this friendly empire just because I want to integrate all humanity under one flag.

However, the one on the bottom left, Second Terra, was still surprisingly weak at this point. Though they were quite advanced in terms of tech, my navy (which I was building up to defeat the Ix'ldar) heavily outnumbered them 5:1, I think. Short story even shorter, I invaded them and turned them into vassals. Why vassals and not zoo animals, you ask? Well it is simple. It turns out they use the same portrait class as my own race... It would be pretty difficult arranging my zoos when I couldn't tell apart the Staff from the animals, so I will eventually hire them for contractual labor for my zoos instead.

Oops. Still need to wait 10 years for the association to war cooldown too.

What type of alium is that?

Middle bottom of the communication windows, under the planet's name.

What to do?

So Charismatic is now
>Ruler Opinion Impact +25

Does it do the exact same thing as before in providing a galaxy wide positive opinion?

Help them.

pretty sure it's hella temporary, so it doesn't matter

>drain sector stockpile
all of my yes
>fanatic purifier equivalent for hivemind
good

>talking to a sensor glitch
cmon now

Make us proud

>getting into fartpeople event
>ever

So we seize the means of production?

Does it even give you anything useful? I only remember getting a bit of minerals from them.

>get an unbidden science ship
>doesn't have jump drives

>it's 1.6
>play 2 games
>get the unbidden again

SHIFT QUEUE FUCKING WHEN

>played over 200 hours
>never even got far enough in any game to see a crisis

something like this

not worth the effort desu

How the fuck do I expand when the entire galaxy is allied with each other in defensive pacts and no one ever goes to war over anything?

very carefully

this is where a good diplomacy system would come in handy

>you will never be a race of infiltrators and spies who fuck up alliances and break apart huge empires from within by sowing discontent and shit

wait for your chance that one loses it's allies, either through other joining a federation or whatever, or get big enough to take on your rival and their allies. or get in a federation (don't), or git gud and learn how to win wars easily

So, how are the crisises now? Should I use multiple crisises mod?

You declare war on everyone and make the militarist.

>how are the crisises now?
the same

Every patch makes stellaris feel more directionless.

But they got buffed.

if they say so

>can't be a xenophobic corporation
Atleast i don't have to be a liberal corporation anymore

I'm pretty pleased that I can now be an authoritarian corporation. Cyberpunk dystopia is a go.

How do I achieve Brave New World status in Stellaris?

Chemical Bliss is a given but how do I keep the production going

it's exactly what i am planning, with machines doing all the hard work in the mines on harsh planets, what could possibly go wrong AI slaves in the mines?

Bliss is well past BNW, imo. We need a 'hedonistic excess' media option for that.

test

>petition the shroud
>become the exile
>???
>free planets