Are miatas really that good?

Are they just a meme? or are they actually like a really fun car to drive and go full on initial d down mountain passes?

yes

Honda Del Sol

The first time I bought my own car I was walking around the lot wondering what to do and this topless miata zoomed up to me on its way out and stopped to chat about what I thought I wanted.

And he zoomed back off. From that point on, I knew in my gut that's what I want. Maybe after I quit my job.

I play alot of VR race sims and driving the miata down mt akina is really fun, but alas, i want to know if it's like that in real life.

THE BEST
H
E

B
E
S
T

What makes them so fun?

Yes they are a meme but they actually are fun too. But they're slow. They're not performance cars.

Why are they even called sports cars then?

NA, NB, ND are good
NC is a fat meme

Since I'm 6'4 I don't think I could ever enjoy one anyways, should I care at all?

Yes, you should try one.

Whether it's a miata or something else, there's something very special when you connect with the vehicle.

Marketing. I just call them roadsters.

Stop regurgitating memes you kunt
Yes, NC is heavier and barely a Miata but there is still merit in owning one. It's a lot more powerful than the previous cars and are more readily available for cheaper prices than the ND. If you haven't owned one you shouldn't trash them
> inb4 never driven a Miata
Owned both an NB and an NC before I moved, both were fun in their own right

We literally just had this thread

It's cool but super overrated stock. The real memes come alive with good tires and suspension upgrades. World class handling then.

dat jinba ittai feels, bro

>I just call them roadsters.

they are literally roadsters

in japan the na (not sure about the other models) was called eunos roadster

>that feel when youre the one guy that prefers the Fiata

They are the same thing.

Seems to me like roadsters are a kind of sports cars. Not all sports cars are roadsters.

Maybe not all roadsters are sports cars.

Sports cars are just made for handling. the Dodge Demon isn't a sports car because if you take that to Magione you will probably die.

I could probably more easily die in my old econobox.

That was no sports car, but it captured a bit of the roadster pleasure.

You're not alone, buddy

the fiat is great because you can easily gain 40+hp by a simple chip tune.

>few simple mods

Fix It Again Tony, Again

Yup, 200hp is super easy to reach plus it looks better.

they really are. people who hate on them live in boring states with straight roads. all you really need is Flyin' Miata's spring/shock or coilover package and they're really fun. Very forgiving to learn on too since they're so light.

signed

feels like driving a bathtub

How easy are they to work on? I want to learn how to tune and shit, but i want to start small. I plan on buying a used car to do oil changes, installing easy parts (air filter, intercooler, etc) and eventually a turbo. Would that be a practical idea with the miata?

>doesn't have meme cylinders
If I had as many cylinders as there are genders.

they're piss easy everything is fucking cheap just invest in a good clean car to start with
lots of cheap pieces of shit out there

pic related my 96 with 69k miles getting riced out

I plan on keeping the stock look since these are considered classic cars now. I will minaly be trying to do maintenance and tuning to mine.

Buy an NB

>believing the NA classic car meme

cars 25-50 years old are considered classics, 50 years and older are considered antiques.

They can be thrown into turns like very few cars can. On tight courses (e.g. autocross, but some smaller tracks too) they're hard to beat. Great feel and feedback through the steering and other controls - that makes you feel like you know what the car is doing and how close it is to the limit. When you surpass that limit, it's very forgiving. You usually have time to stop the oversteer and prevent an imminent spin.

Overall, it feels like a toy. The downside is that it can't be serious when you need a serious car - it won't go genuinely fast, and it will beat you up on long drives with all the noise and tight quarters. I wouldn't buy one for an hour-long commute.

"Sports car" hasn't always implied high performance. In the '60s there were a whole bunch of cars like the Miata from the UK and Italy that used parts from economy cars, and they all got the sports car label, as did the high-end ones that were actually powerful.

In the Miata's case, the engine's only okay but a lot of money and time have gone into the suspension. Camber, toe, and front caster are fully adjustable, and the car's closer to trackable than most. It's probably the most tracked production car at this point.

Try the NC, it's the only one that stands a chance at fitting you.

6'4" isn't too tall if you're not all legs. Just move seat up so you can recline more.

Yeah they're one of the easier cars to work on for sure. Tons of space under the hood.

Tall guys can enjoy an NA. Just gotta remove the seat foam.

>wrong wheel drive